Author Topic: Tracking From Sunup To Sundown [Team SNDW] [CLOSED - Initiation]  (Read 12292 times)

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
Sunrise. A time during the day where it was the most serene and quiet. A time where the daily hustle had yet to taint the pure, tranquil moment. It was a moment that Oberon enjoyed most. Taking a sip from his canteen full of coffee, Oberon decided to lean against one of the trees that made up the vast Emerald Forest. It was here that he was assigned to give the mission for yet another first year team that had made its way into the roster of Beacon Academy. Though he did not mind doing these types of things and saw it as part of his duty as a teacher at the Academy, deep down, he yearned to be at home in bed with his wife. Nothing would ever replace the joy he felt with her wrapped up in his arms on a cold morning.

Despite all that, he had his duty and he was going to fulfill it. Pulling out a cigar, Oberon proceeded to review each student that would be going through this mission as he lit his cigar and inhaled deeply from it. Not seeing anything worthwhile or too out of the ordinary, he smiled slightly over the light coming from his cigar. Perhaps this will be a somewhat of an easy task for them today then... he thought. Putting his Scroll away, he opened his canteen and took another sip from it. Looking over towards Vale, he was able to distinctly make out three pink silhouettes where his home was located due to his semblance. More than likely they're still sleeping... he thought, smiling to himself. If all went well today, then he would be able to make it back in time for lunch. His wife always knew how to make a good meal and it was one of the many things he looked forward to each day.

Focusing his mind back on the matter at hand, Oberon took a look at the time and saw that the students should be arriving within the next fifteen minutes. Cracking his neck and knuckles, he proceeded to wait patiently for the others to show up.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking From Sunup To Sundown [Team SNDW] [CLOSED - Initiation]
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »
Damien rose up early to fix up his gear and do early morning maintenance on his limbs. He headed out after doing so and walked over to the location. He wondered who he got paired up with to fight Grimm.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:42:43 PM by Dark_Tenno21 »
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

InnerMagic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:43:23 AM »
Salina woke up in the morning excited and nervous but ready for her initiation. Today she wore her combat outfit to be more formal towards this event. At this moment Salina is sitting on a bench near the location while reading a book on history of music and not paying attention to what's around her except for the time till the initiation starts. While reading her book she was thinking about the people she'll meet and the Grimm she'll face but overall she was determined to do her best.
Salina Virtuose~ "Life is like a beautiful melody but can be sad and deadly too"

Augustus

• Personal Text
    ...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
The first rays of sunlight hit Axus’ face like a buckshot. That analogy only makes sense when you consider his expression when the light woke him up suddenly from his dream. He had woken up with the sunrise many times, but not all things get easier with repetition. But now he was awake and a quick inspection of the time supplemented an injection of caffeine. He stood, recently polished armor clanking with movement, and took inventory. Résiste was in gauntlet form on his left hand as expected. Mords was lodged in the tree he had slept up against that night, also as expected. He pulled his sword out of the bark and inspected it for damage, of which there was only minor dulling that only he would notice. Sheathing the blade he checked for his scroll and wallet, both accounted for. Lastly, he checked his belt for his “good luck charm”, a trench knife with no finger dividers and a five-inch blade with the word NUTS engraved on both sides. It was the first successful weapon he had made and even though he did not believe in luck charms, he still carried it on special occasions. Since all was accounted for he chuckled aloud at nothing in particular and made his way to the designated location, hoping that his new team would be half as up for adventure as he was.
Axus Windico ~ "LET US SHARE IN THE GLORY OF COMBAT!"
Ace N. Thaholl ~ "Just what i want you to think..."

Evilparsnips

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 02:21:19 PM »
Misa was not one who was particularly good with mornings. As the sunlight illuminated her face and threatened to tear her from her dreams, she threw her bed covers over her head and began to doze off again. It was only after her alarm went off that she realised that she was supposed to be doing an initiation in 5 minutes! She hastily gathered together her weapon and equipment, threw on her stealth clothes and dashed out to the meet point. Her mind raced, thinking about who she might meet today. This was surely going to be a great day, no matter how many Grimm attempted to get in her way.

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »
OOC: Pass on my turn...waiting for someone to arrive lol :P
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »
As Damien kept the pace a step below marching to conserve energy, he managed to get there in a reasonable time. He looked around the location, saw the professor, and walked towards him. "Morning sir." He took a look around again and saw an old tree stump. Damien decided to sit down and perform some fine-tuning on his limbs so he can stay on top of his game.
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

InnerMagic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
As Salina realized it was time to go to the location she stopped reading, picked up her violin case and made her way down to where her initiation was. When she arrived at the location she saw guy on a tree stump and the professor waiting for other students to arrive. Salina walked towards the professor and greeted him "Good morning sir." then walked to a tree near the stump that one other student was sitting and started leaning on it. In her head, Salina was trying to keep herself calm for the unknown Grimm she might face but overall she was ready for combat and to do her best.
Salina Virtuose~ "Life is like a beautiful melody but can be sad and deadly too"

Augustus

• Personal Text
    ...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »
As Axus walked, his presence generated three sounds: the rustling of the grass and bushes, the clanking of his armor, and the tune of his jolly chant. With his sword over his shoulder he recited an old war ballad he had taken a liking to. Hail! To Vale! Mightiest warriors in the land! As he sang, he refrained from slashing at branches in his way, opting to move them with his free hand as to preserve the beauty of the forest. Hail! To Vale! Ready to fight with a sword in hand! His mind wandered to all the possible allies he would meet today, all the possible personalities he would spend his years with, all the possible souls that would aid him in his conquest. They fought epic battles every day, this is why we say… He sensed that he was about to arrive. With one last sweep of the arm he moved aside the last branch that obscured his path to the rendezvous, proclaiming, HAIL TO VALE! with that, he burst into a brief fit of deep laughter and giving his formal introduction: “Greetings and good tidings to you my comrades! Fate has seen fit to entwine our destinies! Surly this is cause for celebration!” He then walked over to where his fellow students sat, giving a nod to the professor out of respect. There was not a single doubt in his mind that this was going to be fun.
Axus Windico ~ "LET US SHARE IN THE GLORY OF COMBAT!"
Ace N. Thaholl ~ "Just what i want you to think..."

Evilparsnips

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 12:09:18 AM »
Misa burst into the area, gasping for breath just in time. "Hi!... not.... late... am I?" She asked, putting her hands on her knees and trying to catch her breath. Once she had, she looked around at the others gathered there. They looked pretty fun to work with. She knew that this was going to be a great team.

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »
Looking up over his lit cigar, Oberon nodded his head slightly to Damien and Salina as they made their way to the meeting spot. Activating his semblance, he "pinned" each of them one by one and watched as they glowed a soft, light orange color. "Good mo... he started, but was immediately interrupted by a loud voice singing as he came into view. Arching an eyebrow at the newcomer, Oberon let out a soft sigh before continuing.  "Good morning to you as well, Conner and Salina" he said, looking at them briefly.  "So glad of you to join us Axus and thank you for the loud greeting...I'm sure every person and every Grimm within a ten mile radius heard that." Using his semblance on Axus as well, he watched as the lad glowed a light orange as well, though he noticed a small tinge of blue mixed in with it.  Let's just hope he doesn't end up dead like many others who came before him with the same kind of optimism... he thought as he let out a puff of smoke. Just as he had finished addressing the three students, the final student made her way into the area. "You're just on time, Misa. Please join the others" he replied over the smoke as she too started to glow for Oberon's eyes alone as he "pinned" her as well.

With the four students here, Oberon moved so that he could stand before each of them.  "With all of you here, we can begin now. For those of you who may not know me, my name is Professor Oberon Falcov and I am the Team Strategy teacher here at Beacon. Now that I've got my introduction out of the way, let's get to the mission at hand, shall we?" Taking a puff from his cigar, he watched the smoke dissipate before continuing. "Your mission is simple today: you have each been selected to form Team Sundown. Here, you will go into the Emerald Forest and head to the Northeast where we have been informed that there is a Beringel that is causing havoc and rousing up the other nearby Grimm. Your mission today is to eliminate the Beringel as well as quell the other Grimm that are in the area."

Walking up to Salina, Oberon handed her a flare gun as well as a few flares. "Once your mission has been completed, you will shoot the green flare into the air, indicating that it is completed. From there, we will send an airship in to get you out of there. If you run into too much trouble to the point that you cannot fulfill your mission, then you are to shoot the red flare and help will come in to get you guys out of there." Letting the information sink in for a moment, Oberon took a sip from his canteen before continuing. "You will have all day to complete this mission. Now remember..." he began, giving each of them a hard stare. "This mission is all about teamwork and how well each of you work together." Letting his eyes fall on Misa, he paused for a moment before moving on. "Each of you are able bodied individuals, but if you think your skills alone will finish this mission, then you're sorely mistaken." Looking at Axus with a stern gaze, he took a puff from his cigar. "Should I hear that one of you jeopardized either yourself or your teammate's lives, then you will have something even greater to fear than a  couple groups of Grimm." Moving his gaze onto Damien, he took one look at the lad before moving on. "Now, any questions before we start?"

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 06:22:02 PM »
Damien stood up and looked at the professor while making sure that his fine-tuning was optimal. He drew his rifle and proceeded to start loading, but stopped before he put the first round in. "Sir I do have one question. Do we have any restriction on munitions or armaments?" He waited for the answer to the question before he started to load the ammunition.
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »
Arching an eyebrow at Damien's question for a moment, Oberon burst into a roar of laughter. Suppressing his mirth after a short moment, Oberon coughed a couple times before regaining his composure. "Forgive my laughter. That is a good question, but a rather odd one at that. For me to put a restriction on your ammunition and other weapons would be like me trying to tell the Grimm that they can't use their claws or fangs in a fight. By all means, use everything you have at your disposal. Your mission is to search and destroy the target. Do whatever you want to get that mission done." Clearing his throat, Oberon took a sip from his canteen. "Any other questions?"

Evilparsnips

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 01:08:39 AM »
Misa shook her head in response, just waiting to begin the mission. She couldn't think of any questions to ask, and she just wanted to get into the fray as soon as she could.

InnerMagic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 08:08:33 AM »
When Axus started to sing and chanting Hail to Vail to the group, Salina was startled for a moment but soon calmed down and giggled a bit when Professor Oberon made the comment to him chanting. After Professer Oberon explained the mission's objective Salina had no questions to ask, but instead nodded to let him know she understood the mission.