Author Topic: Roan Umberland (WIP)  (Read 1439 times)

Darkflame

• View Profile
Roan Umberland (WIP)
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
Character

Name: Roan Umberland

Species and Gender: Human Male

Symbol: Two intersecting horns

Appearance: Roan is a young man of slightly above average hight, standing at an even 6 feet. He is fairly lean and athletically built. his skin is an ebony brown and his hair, in dreadlocks reaches down to his neck is black with 4 strands of green purposely dyed to spice things up. He has bangs covering his forehead,  reaching to just above his eyebrows which frames his aquamarine eyes well.Hailing from Vacuo, he is used to the desert and is often wearing his favourite blue and white checkered shorts with a loose grey shirt with a blue abstract design the front. Due to his semblance, he usually wears either very thin sandals or has nothing on his feet which usually has him garner looks of perplexity form people who don't know him.       

History: Roan was born in Vacuo to two loving parents, his father was a huntsman and his mother, a newt faunus, works as an advocate for human- Faunus relations his mother and older brother moved to Atlas when he was 10, partially because the harsh climate of Vacuo was too harsh on his mother's delicate complexion, and partially because his brother wanted to go to Atlas's academy. Not to mention that the relations between the humans and Faunus in Atlas have been less than stellar over the years so she is never short of work. His father, being a huntsman is usually off on long missions in the deserts surrounding the kingdom. He relied on his friends at oasis training academy to pick up the pieces in terms of getting some much needed interpersonal bonding. At Oasis, He was part of Team GREY consisting of His neighbour Gin, his cousin, Ember and his best friend, a snowy owl Faunus named Yuki. All four of them got along famously and they were inseparable. but something was missing. He would go to his is mother and brother in Atlas but he didn't like it there much. He wanted to be out of the desert but he didn't was to be in Atlas for he couldn't bare to see his Faunus friends and family be treated so poorly. Yet his Brother Cobalt was fitting in just fine. Every time he would visit Saul would pester him about going to Atlas and every time Roan would refuse. After thinking long and hard he decided on going to Haven. This would mean leaving his friends and family behind in two different kingdoms but he was ready and willing to start his new adventure to the east. He enjoyed his time at haven but he was lucky enough to be one of the kids to be selected to go on exchange at Beacon academy. He jumped at the chance Vale was a place that he had never been to before and it would be a good chance for him to learn about other techniques from other schools and other students.       

Personality: Roan is a soft spoken but direct individual.Though he typically keeps his more negative opinions to himself and only voices them when he needs to, he always kept the mantra of his mother, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all. but he is very loyal to his friends and with do anything for them. He keeps himself very low to the ground because of his semblance and walks as if he sees through his feet. Which, due to his semblence, he can to an extent. He in a very calm and cautious person, preferring not to rush into battle headlong and then having to deal with the consequences. He would much rather play defensively and then wait to strike. This translates into his personal life too. He doesn't rush into situations very fast unless it means protecting his friends or standing up for whats right.         

Aura and Semblance: Roan's aura is a maroon colour and he knows how to use it well. He is very skilled at using it for attacking  maneuvers but has a problem with coordinating with other team mates unless he knows them very well. As his semblance range is spread out, he finds it hard to control it with other people around him.

His semblance in known as earth reader. He can manipulate seismic waves. As a result he can prepare for battle very easily because he can figure out the height weight and number of his opponents. he can also manipulate these waves to cause tremors both to make traps and out right create small earthquakes. As with most seismic activity, it only can go a certain distance before it peters out. he can, when he trying very hard get so a radius of about 1km around when it comes to just "seeing" in terms of his creating tremors, he can go about 25m with out using too much of his aura. this also varies based on the type magnitude of the tremor in question he can create high intensity quakes but only in a very short radius which is a bout 100m radius.   

Combat Behaviour:  Like his personality, Roan is a very patient person much preferring to wait until the best moment to strike. in conjunction with his semblance he is able to find weak points fairly easily and then exploit them. he can work well with others and has good command of using dust to amplify his tremors with his hammer.  The problem is very slow to react to things because he gets so intent on focusing on everything else. Also he doesn't really have much defence because he consumes most of his energy on "seeing" his opponents and attacking he tends to rely on his teammates for defence and if he is alone, his best defence is offence. he often conflates his sight and tremors fairly regularly such that he can be a hinderance to his team rather than a help.       

WEAPON

Name: Earth Shaker

Primary Form: Bo Staff

Secondary Form:Mallet

Tertiary Form: N/A

Dust Functions: Uses earth and gravity dust to amplify Roans sight and tremors by a little bit
History:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:03:04 AM by Darkflame »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Roan Umberland (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:30:49 AM »
ok. So you seem to have screwed up the code in the name category. Not sure how you did that but that'll need fixing. Also I should point out that being a student at an academy other than Beacon means you likely won't get to use this character much. Also his semblance will likely need limitations. Such as how far out he can feel and if while doing so he can focus his other senses. That said I really like the look of this guy so far. Also welcome to the site.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Darkflame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 12:15:17 AM »
OK I think its done now

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 02:23:20 AM »
5km isn't much of a limitation, I'd say closer to 50m is far more likely to be accepted. Having both Toph vision and earthquake powers is unlikely to be accepted either. I'd also like a little bit more explanation on what 'can utilize it in conjunction with other people's aura's and semblences. particularly with people that he knows well.' means.

You have no weaknesses in the combat behaviour, we expect between 2-3.

Transfer students are in a strange position in the setting as so much of the schooling we see in the show is team based, they all fight as teams, ect, ect, so sending one person away makes much less sense here than in our world. Not saying you can't do it just saying you should put some thought into the whys and how it affects is team.

You have also seemed to have forgotten your weapon and have a lot of typing mistakes but I don't imagine that should take long.

Best of luck with refining your character.

No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade