Author Topic: New Buds [Closed]  (Read 32777 times)

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
New Buds [Closed]
« on: December 25, 2016, 03:49:02 AM »
Mauve leaned back on her bed's headrest, trying to focus on the book she was holding at the moment. Mystery this time, she was really excited to read it. But that was two weeks ago. When Fortuna hadn't broken the news yet. Now, they were waiting for the new guy, Russel Omhiaba, Fortuna's replacement. Now FIRE was going to become ROSE apparently. At least her initial was first this time. But Russel was still a wildcard. The possibilities were endless. What if he didn't fit in well with the team? That wouldn't do well. And it would be her responsibility to keep him in check and hopefully help him fit in as well.

It was doubtful he could ever fill the shoes of Fortuna though. Mauve wanted to keep an open mind but Fortuna had become her best friend, however short their time was. Even when the news came that her dear teammate was in fact, not as aristocratic as she acted, instead coming from humble roots in rural and quaint Vale. Beacon had been too much for her it seemed. And she'd also mentioned something about her family needing her back home too. Mauve was obviously crestfallen at the news, but she'd simply accepted the situation, respected her friend's decision, and made sure that they could stay in touch. Not a crinkle or crease, just as perfect as always. It’d only been a day since she’d left and Beacon was sending a replacement up already.

This new team member didn’t seem all too great at the moment though. She’d paid some of the right people and they’d given her some information in return. What? She had money, she knew how to use it. And Mauve had been slightly worried at this ‘Russel,’ more specifically, his background. Terrible accident that rendered family members killed. Tragic pasts sometimes had consequences. Then again, she was one to talk. Open mind, open mind… Maybe he wouldn’t be so bad. Apparently from Atlas, so maybe she could use that connection? Perhaps.

“He should be here soon,” she said aloud to the other two in the dorm room. “The time is approaching four-thirty. He might be late though, people tend to be late sometimes. I don’t like to be late, but I’m not infallible either.” Realizing that she was being very, very awkward, Mauve promptly shut up and returned her attention to the book in hand. ’What? They’ve already apprehended the suspect? When did that happen?’ Yeah, no, she was definitely not paying attention enough.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
Re: New Buds [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »
Ismael laid on his bed looking at the ceiling. His mask pulled firmly on his face as he stares into the nothingness that lays before him. He was not in the mood for this shit. He was starting to feel comfortable with the entire group and then the whole dynamic was flipped on it's head as Fortuna dropped the bomb. He was understanding of the circumstances and didn't make a fuss, however, that didn't stop him from having his anger be present. He isn't likely to show his anger, he just feels depressed and now waits for the new member to come in and join the group.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:09:02 PM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 08:54:36 PM »
Nathan was just doing the usual: sitting at his computer in a half-slouched, half-straight position. The clicks were numerous and, every now and then, were punctuated by a stream of typing - with noticeable pauses whenever he went back to correct himself.

Despite having his surround headphones on his head, he clearly heard his team leader announce the imminent arrival of the newest team member. 't was a sad thing. He had barely started getting accustomed to Fortuna. Not really moving from where he was, he briefly extended his right arm... wet, to his right, making a thumbs up and shoving it into the curtain separating the halves of the room, signifying his understanding, before going right back to business.

Damn, Mixer was hard to get a hold of.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
Russell was lost. He knew everything about training with world class soldiers at Atlas, but how could he handle living at Beacon? His mind immediately thought back to the kids who would bully him. Then he thought about the night his semblance became active. He knew that he would need to suppress that aggression if he wanted to make a good first impression.

He carries the shield under his arm and his pack on his back, trying to make sense of the room assignment sheet. Man, it might as well be in Greek, he thought. Tired from his journey, all of the rooms began to look the same. He finally stops at a room newly labeled ROSE. He looked around and sees the other labels are rather older. This makes him feel more like a new kid.

Looking at his sheet, he reads ROSE as his new team. He grabs the doorknob, takes a deep breath and twists the knob, opening the door.

He sees three students, each catering to their own needs. One is reading a book, looking completely enthralled by its words. Another is clicking away at his keyboard, making it known that he is typing something important or he's really into his game. The final student isn't doing much, just staring at the ceiling with a disgruntled look. "So this is Beacon, huh? Cozy. Sorry if I'm not in the right room, my name is..."
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 04:06:06 AM »
"Russel Omhiaba. Yes, I know." Mauve stood up and set her book aside, though not before taking a quick look at the page number, 243, then standing to greet the new member of the team. "You're in the correct room, Mr. Omhiaba. Did you not see the label above the door reading ROSE? No matter, you're here now, and without much difficulty I suppose."

Turning around and walking forwards slightly before turning in a way that kept all three of her three other teammates in sight. "We are the remains of Team FIRE. You are the replacement for the girl who left, Fortuna Altin. This," she extended an arm out to Ismael, "is Ismael Skhaos. And this," now moving her arm to point at Nathan, "is Nathan Eau. They, along with me, will be your new teammates for your stay at Beacon. You were formerly an Atlas student, yes? Things might be a little different here, though I have no doubt that you have already anticipated that. Atlas and Vale are very different places. That has never been in question."

"Now!" she said, clapping her hands once to punctuate, Mauve gestured to the completely unpersonalized bed next to hers. "That one belongs to you now, as does the desk adjacent to it. I hope you will find it fitting and if not, simply ask and I will order or simply go out in Vale to purchase more comfortable pillows, blankets, mattresses, whatever you may want. If you have any other things you have free reign of your decorations, unless they are overly large or of licentious nature." Here she inserted a smile. "I'm sure there will be no problems pertaining to that though, correct?" Without waiting to Russell to respond, she continued, "Great. Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something."

She had to take a few seconds before she realized what. "Oh! Yes. Me. My name is Mauve Roux, daughter of the late General Andersen Roux of the Roux family, also originating from Atlas, though I myself was born and raised in Mistral. My brother actually went to Atlas's combat school." Though Mauve couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness and actually partly anger for Atlas's school very obviously not teaching him enough, her exterior was perfect as always, a soft smile on her fact. "It's good that you transferred to Beacon. Pleased to meet you, Russel." Here, she held her hand out expectantly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:18:47 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 10:09:28 AM »
Ismael starts to feel a pit well up inside him as he sits there and does nothing but feel angry and depressed, so sighs as he flips over and digs around in one of his duffle bags looking for something. He finally comes out with a blank cover black book. He opens to the first page and starts to read. Ignoring the conversation that is taking place.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:34:31 AM »
Nathan continues fiddling with Mixer, slowly realizing that 3D modeling is harder than it looks. He does, however, briefly turn around and flash a smile, accompanied by a small wave. "'S up."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 03:55:07 AM »
Russell is taken aback by all of this. The amount of detail Mauve went into reminded him of his father. This briefly saddened him, but at the rate Mauve was speaking, he knew it would be a bit for him to catch up. Not to mention that Mauve seemed to know an awful lot about him. It's both flattering and creepy. She HAS to be the leader of this team. Without question, he thought while she continued her high speed tour.

As Mauve introduced Russell to his new teammates Nathan and Ishmael, he waved, but only Nathan responded. He sensed Ishmael to be a loner, similar to himself but he knew people are what could bring him out of his rage.

He looked at the bunk and wanted to take a nao after carrying his stuff up the stairs. He lied on his bland bed, the frame creaking from his weight. That Fortuna girl must have been a feather compared to me, Rusty thought. He never imagined he'd be on a team, let alone at Beacon.

But Russell knew that he needed to set a precedent for his involvement on the team. "Hey everyone. Thanks for letting me join your team. I hope I can do my part," Russell says, trying to break the otherwise awkward silence. "Oh and my friends call me Rusty. Or at least they would if I had them."
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 08:15:11 AM »
Mauve frowned at Russell as he ignored the hand she extended to him. And to the lack of response from her other teammates as well. Disappointing, though she couldn't expect very much from the two. Ismael was... well, Ismael, and Nathan wasn't exactly the most social type of person around. Sighing softly, she lowered her hand and crossed her arms instead, smiling a little at Russell's joke. "Quite the humorous person aren't you Mr. Omhiaba? Perhaps not and the joke was unintended, but it was mildly entertaining."

Fun over with, she pursed her lips at the situation. She was the leader, she had to take care of things. First things first, accommodations. "Alright," she started. "It seems that we will be needing to order a few things. Pardon my bluntness Mr. Omhiaba, but the bed doesn't seem to hold your weight very well. No matter, I can get a new one for you later." She made a mental note to do just that, before simply deigning to write it down on a notepad she had lying around the place. You could never be too careful. As Mauve looked around the room, she noticed a few more discrepancies that would need to be fixed, scribbling them down as well before saying them out loud. "As you can see there's a curtain separating us from the other two, something Fortuna and I wanted for reasons I'm sure you can guess. I'll have that moved over or simply taken out and I can get one of those changing screen or something. You can have the bottom two drawers of the extra dresser we have, the one that's a bit smaller than the others. There used to be another one in addition to that, but you can deal with that much space, right? If you need anything hung up than you'll have to share with Nathan or Ismael."

"Speaking of which..." Mauve fixed her gaze on her other teammates, a chastising look on her face. "Is that any way to greet our now teammate? He's not Fortuna and it's doubtful that he'll be able to replace her or something of the sort, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be treated in cordial manner." Done, she turned back to Russell, who she still refuses to call by his first name or the nickname he suggested, a look of slight apology on her face. "You'll have to excuse us, in the time she was on the team, Fortuna became one of our closest friends, and it kind of turns everything upside down to have her gone. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine here though."

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 11:05:44 AM »
Ismael starts to feel angry as he just sits there. He wanted to make a good first impression, however, he also was angry at the whole situation. Once Mauve started targeting him and Nathan, he threw the book into his bag from anger and stood up taking his mask off furiously, revealing his tan face, his blue and red eyes, and an angered look on his face. He looked at Mauve and said, "I'm gonna take a walk, don't wait up on me". Once he finishes his sentence he starts to go to the door to leave.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 11:22:31 AM »
As he was spreading his attention between his computer monitor and the surroundings, Nathan noticed Mauve's... scolding? Was that it?, quickly followed by Ismael getting up and ready to storm out of the place. Getting up from his seat and - as friendly as possible - briefly putting a hand on Izzy's shoulder, in a perhaps vain attempt to communicate something along the lines of 'Chill, broseph', Nathan walked to the end of the curtain, going around said end when he got there.

"...Wait, were we not cordial?", he said in his usual relaxed tone. After which he crossed his arms, entirely forgetting everything his mother had desperately attempted to ram into his head about communication.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »
Russell took note of this and got up from the bed. "Thanks, but I'll keep my stuff in my pack," he said, standing up as Mauve began to further introduce him. "I'm not used to being the same place for too long."

You could cut the tension with the dullest knife. He didn't feel all too welcome, but he got used to that feeling at Atlas. But Russell knew that he should make due with his situation. He extended a fist for a fist bump to Mauve. "Sorry, I didn't get you on the way in. Didn't want to drop my dad's shield," Russell apologizes, not trying to cause waves on his first day. It was obvious that Ishmael wasn't the biggest fan of him, so looks like he already has work to do.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
The situation was not getting better. Mauve threw a desperate glance towards the door before looking instead at Russell's offer to... fist bump... Awkwardly, she complied with the action, though looking very uncomfortable while doing so. "Mmm, no, I completely understand Mr. Omhiaba. It's a fine shield and I would hate for it to be dented or scratched. Even more so knowing that it belonged to your father. We always need something to remind us of home." Here she remembered that Russell's father had died as well. Something they had in common. Knowing this, she sent him a comforting smile, hoping not to betray just how much she had researched about him. People didn't always appreciate how thorough Mauve was.

"Anyway, yes Nathan, cordial would not be the exact word I would use to express how you and Chaos were to our new teammate." She raised an eyebrow at the computer he was using, then looked back at him again. "If things work out, he will be our roommate for the rest of our time at Beacon and he deserves a warm welcome, not simply an offhand wave." Again, Mauve looked at the door, mentally berating herself for letting this happen. However, there was a way to kill two birds with one stone. "I do think that there is a way to make Mr. Omhiaba more welcome though," she said carefully. "I am aware that Chaos expressed his wish for me to not follow, but I believe that is just what lets me know that he does wish for someone to talk to. Nathan, you will stay here and help our new teammate be acquainted with the place. Answer any questions he has, and darling? Please, try to be friendly?" Sending another rushed smile Nathan's way, she waved farewell to Russell and headed out the door.

As she entered the hallway, Mauve could just about make out Chaos's figure down the hall and taking a right, towards the exit. She hightailed it in that direction, trying to both not run and be fast enough to keep up to her teammate. He'd already gotten a headstart on her, but it'd be rude to run in the hallway, possibly disrupting other teams. Soon though, she'd decided to fuck chivalry and break into a full-on sprint to catch up to Chaos. "Hey!" she called out as soon as she caught up. "Ismael. I apologize but I couldn't resist trying to catch up to you. I realize that you, like all of us, have also been affected greatly by Fortuna's leaving. We as a team haven't found the time to discuss the matter yet, but perhaps we could just talk alone right now?"

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 01:28:10 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Mythic, you kinda put Chaos instead of Skhaos for Ismael's last name.

Ismael had a lot on his mind from Fortuna leaving to him doubting his every move. He wishes something will stay constant in his life. He puffs a slight sigh as he tries to breath normally again. Now more than ever he wishes for the voices he could talk to, but they all have fallen silent to him. He now feels alone, and when Mauve comes up behind him he stops  at the nearest bench and sits and direct her to sit down. He lets out one more sigh then begins to speak, "Yeah let's talk. Why not. So how have you been feeling about this whole thing?". His voice seems a bit less angry and now more of sadness, and he gives off a slight presence of confusion.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:20 AM »
Sorry for the massive delay, I dun goofed and didn't realize it was my turn to post when I read Chaos' last entry.
...Aaaaaaand they were gone.

Well, shit. Good job, Leader. Leave the socially deficient one in charge of the new guy. Great planning.

After staring blankly at the open door for a second or two, Nathan looked back at Russell and, after putting his hands in his pockets, said "Aaahh, don't mind Izzy. He's barely any more skilled at socializing than I am. It'll be fine."

A pause followed.

Nathan did not really know how to end it.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"