Author Topic: One Act - Prelude: A Rehearsal on a Foreign Stage [Testing][Closed]  (Read 4324 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
Scene I
Reading Through the Lines

Characters and Cast
ALBAN, the greying, fifty-nine-year-old Headmaster of Beacon Academy...........................................................
All
AVERY, twenty-year-old, the youngest LeBlanc triplet, and deceiver of the public eye...........................................
Kaliot
SOVEREIGN, the middle LeBlanc triplet, happy-go-lucky brawler magician, and self-proclaimed hero of justice....................
NotSurprised
AURUM, the eldest LeBlanc triplet and carefree prankster.......................................................................
Xarias Fury

The play may take place across multiple locations on the Beacon campus.

Posting: ShowHide

-Character names (for dialog) should be in uppercase, bold, and the character's color code.
-Non-dialog-interrupting actions should be in parentheses and centered with character names being uppercase and colored.
-Dialog-interrupting actions should be in parentheses and italicized inside the parentheses with character names being in mix case and colored appropriately.
-Actions should be in present-tense.
-Stage directions for when you want to move about.
-Feel free to control and change scenes as you wish (within reason, obviously).
-Whoever initiates a scene transition should be the one to open the new scene unless discussed otherwise, and the last person to leave the scene for a transition should close the scene accordingly.

At RISE:

(The LeBlanc triplets, AURUM, AVERY, and SOVEREIGN, are standing downstage-center at the front gates of Beacon, in front of them looming the Academy. The freshly-cut grass is still wet with mildew, and the grounds are just slightly abuzz with staff members continuing their preparations for the upcoming festival. ALBAN enters upstage-left, walking briskly across the stone walkway. As he reaches upstage-center, he notices and approaches them.)

ALBAN
Ah, the LeBlanc brothers. I have heard of your exploits. Or at least of Avery's. It is a pleasure to meet you.

(ALBAN holds out his hand for a handshake and AVERY accepts. After they release hands, ALBAN moves his hand to the next person in line.)

AVERY
It is an honor, Headmaster Inverno. (Avery bows.) Both for your time and your kind words.

ALBAN
Though if I may ask: With the tournament fast approaching, are you sure you're time is best spent here? You've partaken in the tournament before so I need not remind you that every sliver of an advantage you are able to acquire will make your path just a bit less difficult.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:16:30 AM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: One Act - Prelude: A Rehearsal on a Foreign Stage [Testing][Closed]
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »
Aurum
Oooh, the headmaster himself and a nice one at that. (With a posh accent) We're most honored indeed!

(Aurum briskly takes Alban's hand and shakes it firmly with a wide grinned smile.)

Aurum
Well, nice to meet ya too, headmaster! We're definitely gonna win this time, and by we I mean Avery and Sovereign. I'd rather watch...or take naps while watching. (Aurum lets go of Alban's hand.) But I'll make sure to make it easy for them in the first round, gotta take care of my younger brothers as the eldest!

(Aurum rests his hands behind his head and continues grinning. Wondering when they'd be able to get on with their stroll.)

Alban
(Gives a sage-like nod) Confidence is good but don't let it get to your head, there are students here just as skilled as you are but have no doubt there are just as many who believe in your abilities as much as you do.

Aurum
Roger that! Ha! (gives a mock Atlesian styled salute)
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
SOVEREIGN
Thanks Headmaster! (Sovereign takes and shakes Alban's hand) You know, I wonder about the type of people we'll meet at this prestigious academy!

(SOVEREIGN gives a dramatic sigh, and closes his eyes as he holds his hands over his heart, clearly mocking all those 'charming' people he often meets.)

SOVEREIGN
(In a light hearted tone) If only I will meet a beauty that will come and take my heart! (Sovereign breaks into a huge grin.) Are there any such beauties at Beacon? I wonder!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:50:15 PM by NotSurprised »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:11:40 AM »
(AVERY turns toward AURUM and SOVEREIGN.)

AVERY
(Annoyed) You two are really something else, aren't you, speaking to the Headmaster of Beacon like that.

(ALBAN withdraws his hand and crosses his arms. AURUM, AVERY, and SOVEREIGN feel a faint chill overcome them.)

ALBAN
(In a friendly tone) Now, now, no need to get upset, Avery. Formalities aren't needed for such a casual meeting. Besides, you three are nearly Huntsmen yourselves and will soon be my Atlesian comrades-in-arms.

AVERY
You shouldn't stoop to underselling yourself, Headmaster.

(ALBAN laughs heartily.)

ALBAN
(Continuing with a friendly tone) Do not misunderstand me, Avery: On the field, we will be equals as Huntsmen, that much is true. We will fight alongside each other, rely on each other, assist each other. But I never intended to imply that there wasn't a world of difference between our combat abilities.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:33:23 AM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »
Aurum
That's weird, I felt a shiver just now. (Aurumshakes around to prove his point) But I'm gonna make one thing clear, Headmaster!

(Aurum Walks backwards, turning his back on the group while speaking)

Aurum
I will surpass you someday! Or Avery at least...sounds like a lot of effort but this guy right here might be the Atlesian headmaster someday! And if he becomes headmaster that means I could pose as him and get what I want, right? Haha..ha..That was a joke just now, maybe. Please don't freeze me.

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
SOVEREIGN
Same!

(SOVEREIGN runs and hides behind AURUM, turning him around.)

SOVEREIGN
(With a silly grin) Take my brother instead! (Sovereign shoves Aurum in front of him, as if he was offering a sacrifice)  I have nothing to do with his crimes!

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 10:27:51 PM »
(ALBAN looks at AVERY then back at AURUM and SOVEREIGN.)

ALBAN
Becoming a headmaster takes dedication, persistence, integrity, and leadership. And while Avery may or may not possess these qualities, it will not be an easy road considering that many others will be gunning for the same position once your headmaster steps down. (ALBAN looks down at his watch.) And I must be going, gentlemen. It was a pleasure. (ALBAN smiles and walks to upstage-center.) Oh, and don't forget: Your reputations certainly precede you. I would suggest holding off on your shenanigans during your time here, thank you.

(ALBAN exits stage right.)

AVERY
Headmaster? I don't remember saying anything of the sort. (AVERY sighs.) Well, with Alban gone, we can get back to exploring the place a bit.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 12:21:02 AM »
Aurum
(sighs in relief) Seriously bro? Using me as a human shield? Not cool dude, not cool. (Chuckles as he relaxes his stance. Oh, Avery, now that we're done with that boring conversation let's go hit the stalls or maybe hit on some girls! Ha! I heard that there were some pretty faces here in Vale, unlike the uptight bunch in Atlas.

(Aurum's stomach growls loudly)

Aurum
Uuuh...But first! Food!!!
Students

Professors

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 03:30:40 PM »
SOVEREIGN
Is he gone?

(SOVEREIGN pokes his head out from behind AURUM as to check for his safety.)

SOVEREIGN
(With a shaky grin) Thank god! (Sovereign moves away from Aurum with confidence) I agree with Aurum about pretty faces! Food? Not so much!

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »
(AVERY rests a hand on his chin, thinking about AURUM's words as well as the food that they would serve at Atlas Academy.)

AVERY
Food, huh. Well we did skip breakfast to get here this early. (Avery rubs his chin.) I doubt there'd be any stalls open yet, but we could still try. (Avery takes out a silver coin he conveniently had in his pocket.) Follow the leader! (He flips the coin and it lands tails. [I actually flipped one].) Congratulations, Sovereign! (Avery places the coin into Sovereign's hand, shuts it, and pats him on the shoulders.) Your nose is the strongest of ours all. Please, lead the way.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting