Author Topic: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]  (Read 50349 times)

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
« on: September 22, 2016, 08:50:25 AM »
Hagane arrived early at Beacon Cliff for today's first-year initiation; so early, in fact, that he checked his scroll to verify he was even in the right place. From what he had gathered, today's mission would involve finding a random partner in the forest and securing an unknown artifact. Couldn't they be just a little more specific? Despite the vagueness of the main objective, Hagane knew full well there were unspoken objectives as well: Demonstrate outstanding combat prowess and make a good impression on your fellow students.

Even though nobody else had arrived yet, Hagane practiced his posture. Stand up straight, hands at your sides, face forward... All of this came off as stiff and forced, but Hagane tried to convince himself as other students started to arrive that he looked perfectly normal. Eventually, as he became surrounded by strangers of all shape and sizes, Hagane had to acknowledge he screwed up. The day of his arrival at Beacon should have been the day of first impressions- not today. Please just let the professor show up soon so I can get this over with...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:59:11 AM by Flooberoid »
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »
(Oh come on. At worst, copy-paste it. Don't forget about Uncouth GMing!)

Brock hadn't gotten up any earlier than usual. Yes, it was his initiation; no, it didn't mean he needed to wake up at six. After eating a light breakfast - still over three times as much as most students - , he had lumbered his way over to the initiation grounds, his stature granting him surprising speed. As he had planned, he arrived as his scroll switched form one hour to another. Right on time. Nailed it. He looked around and, mostly, below him, looking at the day's group. Apart from a man - which he assumed was a teacher - standing by the cliff's side and contoured by the morning's sunrise, nothing really stood out. For Beacon, that is.

Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
Drab was actually here, much earlier, though later than the teacher, before the break of dawn. Since initiation started later she jumped down the cliff and after landing safely, she started to climb the cliff face.

Just as Brock arrived, Drab was near the top, she could see the morning sun starting to rise, she climbed a bit faster as so to seem she is rising with the sun, kind of her thing really the sun motif. She then feels around the edge to find, a thick leg? She pulled herself up to see a giant man.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:06:05 AM by JupiterMoony »
Drab Sage Verdigis - With her, solid fireballs are a thing - Deep Frying HTDG

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Venus Magnus - The Voice On Air, the whisper in public

Haley Rich Viola What happens when an aristocrat meets rock

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:03:51 AM »
((FIIIIIIINE. Message modified and Uncouth contacted.))

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 06:20:48 PM »
Siobhan bustled along, her little black flats slapping pitter-patter at the pavement of Beacon's walkways. She was in such a rush that her tail had slipped out from behind her pleated a-line skirt, flipping this way and that over its navy-blue backdrop. The ruffles up the front of her white blouse bounced with every step as she went, hoping to make up for lost time. The other faculty had been called away last minute for some sort of important dealings with Atlas patrols and Grimm, and so she'd had to cover for this particular initiation.

When she'd balked at the task, Alban had assured her that he'd arranged for a Hunter he knew to come and make sure the students stayed safe. She was there mainly to represent Beacon, this volunteer would monitor everything through remote control cameras and drones, the recordings of which would be passed along to the combat-capable staff for review.

Somehow, that meager assurance did little to calm her fears. She was to only have one aide who could actually fight? That hardly seemed wise...

Siegfried Rosenrot was already at the cliffside, watching the new students trickle in and wondering where Professor Clannad was. When Headmaster Inverno had given him a ring and asked him to assist the young lady, he was more than happy to oblige. He was more than a bit concerned that something had come up which required the attention of most of Beacon's ranking staff, but happy to oblige. While not his nephew Marlon's initiation, which he was eager to at least observe, this was a rare opportunity to be of service to his alma mater, and well worth attending. He was indeed pleased that the fine institution had been forced to have multiple initiations this year due to the large volume of successful applicants. A good sign, if there ever was one!

His face neutral, he cleaned his glasses and took stock of what this year had to offer. Clad in his usual cavalry boots and a burgundy regency suit, with Drachenbalger at his hip, he cut a dramatic and dignified figure in the light of the rising sun, ruffled silk shirt and all. He only hoped that he would not upstage Miss Clannad, she was a good woman, but a bit on the soft-spoken side, and this affair was not her forte. Seigried resolved to make certain that he followed her lead unless his direct intervention was called for, and he prayed it would not come to that.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »
Janna didn't have much of a choice when it came to sleeping in or being punctual. The time it took for her to fully put on all of her armor required for her to get up, the very latest, at 6AM. She had woken up at 5:30, but she had gone to sleep earlier last night, too, so she was well-rested enough.

In most situations, Janna would find herself to be one of the tallest, if not the tallest person in the room. It appeared this initiation was an exception, though, as she could spot several towering individuals among them. Well, she supposed that made sense. A good starting point for a hunter might be that they can wrestle a grimm to the ground and make them say uncle.

Janna didn't need to check her equipment. She knew she had everything she needed on her, as her weapons weren't designed to be reloaded on the field, and her shields, well. It'd be pretty obvious to her if she had forgotten the shields. With her armor and the two things by her sides, she looked a bit like a walking tank, rather than a person. Or, at the very least, an armored car of a person.

She looked towards the instructor in front of them, and waited for the initiation to begin. She was ready to prove herself in this school. She didn't expect it to be easy, but she knew she could handle herself. It'd be her job, after all.

((Yay for not needing to re-write stuff))
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 12:47:28 PM »
Hagane grew more comfortable as time went on. He made one final check of his steel and dust stocks to find them satisfactory. Sure, everyone here is... huge, but I'm sure they're decent people. Just then, he looked up to see that an absolute behemoth had taken the place next to him. Examining Brock, some of his discomfort began to rise again. He pondered the crater and the tremor that would accompany this man's landing in the forest. In front of the man, a woman he had failed to notice previously climbed up the edge of the cliff. Hagane decided against talking to the giant or the weirdo rock climber, and instead checked the time to find- much to his relief- that the initiation was to begin shortly.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »
Brock almost failed to register the slight pull on his leg. Looking down over his crossed arms, he saw a tall - compared to the average - , lean 'n mean lass was climbing over the cliff's edge, using his leg as a grip. Smiling, he said to her "Glad I could help."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »
"Well thank you," Drab smiled before putting her feet on the cliff, she gives the big guy a pat on the arm before noticing, everyone, compared to her, is really really, huge. Well except the teacher, he is about average."So... I'll be with these three big fellows, sweet!"

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 11:27:21 PM »
Siobhan scrambled out of the treeline just behind what she hoped weren't the final arrivals for the initiation. And after checking her scroll, she realized they would have to be, she was actually a few minutes late. Sighing, she collected herself, removed a few stray leaves and twigs from her blouse, and made her way to the cliffside. It took a little bit, since so many of the students lacked the good graces to let a lady through, and she was having trouble making her presence known over the general din of people talking nervously about the trial ahead. She could hardly blame them, the idea of fighting like this on your first day at school terrified her.

When she finally made it out of the cluster of students, she looked a little more disheveled than she had hoped to, but straightened herself and made her way to Mr. Rosenrot. She'd met him once or twice before, and he was polite and exceptionally well mannered. Didn't he have a nephew that was joining up this year? They greeted one another, and then she got down to business. Turning to face the crowd, she coughed to get their attention. No response. She called out, "Attention, please!" No one seemed to hear. Mr. Rosenrot looked slightly concerned, but maintained his silence.

A teensy bit annoyed, Siobhan reached into her bag. She'd hoped not to use this, but was now glad that she'd had the foresight to grab it on the way here.

"Attention, lads and lasses!" her tiny voice boomed out, bolstered by the megaphone. "I hope you're all doin' well this mornin'! My name is Miss Siobhan Clannad, an' I'm your Personal Finance an' Home Economics Professor here at Beacon! Now, we all know why we're here, so if ye'd be so kind as ta call off your names so Mr. Rosenrot here can count ye, that'd be grand!" There, that gave her a little more time to compose herself and actually read the instructions she'd been handed as everyone else had dashed out the door.

As the crowd began to respond, there was some initial confusion as people didn't bother taking turns and tried yelling louder than everyone else. A quick, curt, "One at a time, if ye don't mind!" from Siobhan fixed that.

Siegfried checked off each name on his scroll as it came up, quickly familiarizing himself with the software that was going to be his primary link to each student as they tromped about the Emerald Forest. It was a simple tool, and should prove easy to use once he enabled the projector feature on his scroll so that he had sufficient space to view more than one camera simultaneously. Some the names were familiar to him, he knew their older relatives who were already in the profession, and some he recognized from keeping tabs on rising talent across Remnant. It was good to keep abreast of whom you might be working with.

Once roll call was done, he gave a nod to Miss Clannad, and putting the megaphone to good use again, she cleared her throat. "Alright, it looks like that's everyone. Today is your Initiation. Behind me is the Emerald Forest, and it's chock full o' Grimm. If ye aren't careful, Mr. Rosenrot here is goin' ta be carryin' ye out like a sack o' potatoes, an' nobody here wants that, least of all me. Please do be careful! I don't want none o' ye gettin' hurt down there!"

"Now, the point o' the thing is this: on the other end o' the valley is an old ruin from days gone by. Ye all are ta get yourselves there, find yourselves an ancient knick-knack, and get yourselves safely back here with it. We'll be watchin' ye the whole time, takin' notes on what ye can do and how ye work with one another. Keep in mind, the first person ye run into is goin' ta be your partner for the next four years o' your life. After all's said and done, the Headmaster and the Staff will be decidin' who forms teams with who based on what ye do today." She paused for a moment, letting that sink in. The whole thing seemed awfully intimidating to her, but she kept any trembling out of her voice. Mr. Rosenrot could take care of it if there was a problem, right?

"Now go on an' everyone of ye set yourselves on the metal plates. Ye will need ta find out how ta land on your own! An' please, do be careful!" Siobhan wondered at that last bit, Alban's notes, which she had been reading from, were very specific as to the students needing to understand that was the case. What they weren't explaining at all was why. Land from what? She hadn't seen any aircraft hovering around, and those metal plates looked far too small to be landing pads...

Siegfried, entirely unaware of just how little Miss Clannad knew about Beacon Initiations, started the launch sequence as soon as everyone had found their places. He was caught completely off guard when she grabbed hold of his arm in a panic and whispered fiercely, tears beginning to form in her eyes, "Mr. Rosenrot, somethin' gone terribly wrong! Ye have ta save them, they'll be dashed ta bits against the trees!"

It took a few minutes of patient explanation that this was standard operating procedure and all part of the plan. She still wasn't happy about it by any means.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 12:36:50 AM »
Janna stepped on the pad, and took one of her shields into her right hand, strapping it to her left vambrace. She glanced to her left, seeing the first of the students starting to be launched up and into the forest, some of them screaming in joy, others in terror, while some - specifically, those who had prepared for this - were rather calm about the whole ordeal. Janna was prepared.

Her large frame flew up into the air, though not particularly high, and she was off. She angled her body down and put her shield up in front of her, supporting it with her right hand as well. Time for one of the most simplistic landing strategies out there.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 12:50:03 AM »
While Hagane was not generally one to fail to pay attention, he missed most of the briefing while trying to place the instructor's accent. Some students appeared to be talking about a "landing strategy," so... were they supposed to jump off the cliff? Oh well, he could always just follow the other students.

Sounds started coming from Hagane's left, ranging from screams of excitement and terror to laughter. Hagane noted two things about the noises: They were at regular intervals, and they were getting closer. Unable to see around the giant to his left, he couldn't gather much information beyond that. His answer would come shortly, however, when the giant was launched from his pad at high velocity. Oh.

As he soared through the air, Hagane looked for the other students that had had their turns slightly before or just after him. He noted that everyone fell short of him, likely as a result of his relatively light weight. By the same logic, he would probably land somewhere near that rock climber from earlier, who he guessed couldn't have been more than five pounds different from him.

Upon getting close to the trees, Hagane remembered the peril of falling. Oh right, landing strategy. Better think fast. He formed Ichimonji into a hook shape and prepared to break his fall.

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 02:12:43 AM »
Drab was sent flying a bit further than most but not as far as Hagane. She found herself realizing she did not bother to think of a landing.
"Oh well we always have this!" She took out Ardent Dawn and as she approached the ground and gave the ground a large overhead whack. The ground crack under the force and Drab lands gracefully on the ground.
"Let's go!" Drab dashed off, Ardent Dawn at ready

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 08:25:33 AM »
Brock was waiting for something to happen when a small, elegantly-dressed blonde lady stopped besides McTeacher and tried to get the crowd to listen. And failed. And failed again. Brock had been about to let out a deep, bellowing 'everyone shut up' when he saw a megaphone in the lass's hand. So she was the teacher, huh? Listening, he noted her name and profession. Huh. Why in the world was she here? He didn't mind, but it was a bit offsetting.

When Miss Clannad asked for people to call their name out, Brock immediately complied by shouting his in the adult's general direction, probably accidentally deafening nearby students. When the order to do it one at a time came, he waited for the earliest pause he noticed and slipped his own name in.

He then proceeded to give the briefing his undivided attention. Right. Valley. Forest. Grimm. Other side. Take thing. Bring back thing. Don't get killed. Seemed simple enough, apart from the 'landing strategy'. What in the world did that mean?

As students scurried over to the large metal plates, Brock walked to one of the ones in the middle, the crowd splitting before him like a pool of fish in front of a dolphin. A very, very large dolphin. He then stood there, waiting for something to happen. That something was the left-most student being hurled into the sky, followed by the first person to his right about a second later. Oh. That landing strategy. Even though he had a bit of doubt as to the platform's ability to propel him into the sky, he got out Uloe from his back and bent his knees a little.

As his turn came, a loud, metallic screech was heard before he was launched about half as far as most students. Great, even less time to act! He hoped to come down close to a large tree, as it was pretty much his only solution.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:56:14 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »
Hagane reached out with his hookblade and caught himself on a sturdy branch. Pulling himself up, he surveyed his surroundings... fruitlessly. Excellent, I now know that the forest has a dense green canopy. This information will come in handy. Even in his thoughts, it was hard to tell if Hagane was being sarcastic or not.

Not wanting to be left alone in the Grimm-filled forest, Hagane realized he would have to backtrack somewhat and find a partner. He put Ichimonji's blade back in its scabbard, turned in the direction of the cliff, and started walking.