Author Topic: Shield Bros! [Closed]  (Read 15198 times)

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
Shield Bros! [Closed]
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »
Eli checked his watch again. It was a good fifteen minutes passed the time of their mission start which meant he was right on time by his standards. He wore his usual attire today, a white dress shirt with cuffs stained with grease and oil and black slacks and smart shoes, his earmuffs and goggles hanging around his neck. Not the most utilitarian but it did the job.  Walking up to the railing of the airship bay and leaning against it, he looked around, setting his bag on the ground beside him. "Hmmm, no sign of her yet." He noted, pulling a few bits and pieces out of his pocket. He'd been developing something new for his shield and most of his spare time, this spare time included, went to working on it. Hopefully this mission had enough down time to work with. Heck, he might even be able to field test it! Mountain Glenn was usually hostile but if you knew where to hole up, it was pretty safe for a fourth year. By the time Lix had arrived, Eli had a small grenade in his hand. Tossing it in the air showed needles extending from its surface which retracted by the time it landed back in his palm.
Zora Akash - The Sunset Scholar - First Year - Team PENDING

Elidyr Vulcan - The Copper Creator - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Running Brook Sienna - The Purple Pugilist - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Ashelynne Campbell - The Sapphire Sleeper - First Year - Team PENDING

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    There is more than is what!
    • View Profile
Re: Shield Bros! [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
Lix had mixed feelings about this mission. One was the feeling odmf being a deadweight, as from what she heard from the mission status, she is to accompany a fourth year so as to gain on hand experience of the quality of a Beacon graduate, and being a more academic person meant the struggle was real for her. Another feeling was the feeling of pulling out, regret if she was to take it more darker than it is. Pulling out of the job, without a word of sorts. Lix quickly shakes away that thought, it was unbecoming of a Reinhardt to think of such a dishonorable act. Lix finally reached the meeting venue and she saw no one. Scratchjng her head, she aimlessly wanders the docks before her eyes twinkled at the sight of a spike ball in the air that begun to fall. Her eyes trailed the flow of movement and she gives herself a face palm. Of course her senior is a male.

Lix apporaches hesitantly before greeting with a bow. "My name is Lix Reinhardt! I am assigned to you for this mission by Beacon admins as to allow me to obtain good experiences from this trip!"

Lix was blushing deep red, embarrassing thoughts of Eli laughing at her for her mannerism or the fact she is very small. Her hand grasped her black glove tightly, a sign of uncomfortableness.
Lix Reinhardt - The Shield Mage

AMA - if you wanna know stuff.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »
Eli caught his grenade, thanking the gods that it had worked as planned and he didn't have about a dozen holes in his hand right now. Hearing a voice, he looked up and saw the first year. Pale, black hair, dressed nice. Cute. The bow was odd though. "Look, there's no need to be so formal, Lix." He smiled reassuringly, "We're both students here. You can relax." He said reassuringly, wondering what the fuss was about as he noticed her cheeks start to slowly flush brighter and brighter red. "So, you got all your gear ready? This is a two night trip, remember, and Mountain Glenn doesn't really have much by the way of hunting so we'll have to bring whatever food and water we need."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:07:18 AM by ecksdeeeXD »

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »
Lix then produces out 5 pouches, each the size of a 3 oranges. It was obvious of what is inside as the aroma of bread seeps through the opening of the pouches. Quickly stowing them back to the back of her belt where she got them, Lix checks her supply of dust crystals and did a basic run through of her items on hand. Once she thinks she is okay, hee lack of confidence visible, Lix looks up and nods at her senior.
"All ready sir! Um... sir..." Lix produces her scroll from another pocket on her belt and read the message that was sent to her but as she suspected, only a nice profile image is given with the short name of Eli. "Eli sir?"

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »
Elidyr blinked, staring at the pouches. Really? Bread? "Hm. Well, if you get tired of bread, I have some cans of rations and a camping stove in my pack." He said, nudging his backpack with his foot before picking it up and slinging it onto his shoulders. "Sir...." He mumbled to himself, wondering why she was so formal. He wasn't a teacher or professor in any way and he was only a good few years older than her.... "Just... just call me Eli, ok Lix?" He said, putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder, hoping that would help her mellow downa bit.

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »
"Um well hard to get tired of homemade full meal bread. Yeah it's whole loafs of bread with eggs, bacon, some pepper, basil inside. Oh and butter..." Lix drools a bit before wiping her mouth. Lix looks up at Eli after he had placed his hand on her shoulders and nods, looking rather indifferent that a boy had put their hands on a girl's shoulders. "But I apologize in advance since being formal is kind of my type of mannerism thanks to some prim and proper mannerism of living in a castle!" Lix muttered awkwardly before shaking her head and adjusting her shield that hung on her belt, looking it a big box.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 11:32:44 PM »
"Then forget the castle." He said. With his semblance, it was hard to whisper or mumble things without him noticing, the heightened senses constantly on at a low burn of aura, just enough to keep him on his toes without wasting energy. "I'm Eli. Call me Eli, if you can, ok?" He beamed at her with pearly white teeth and nodded. "Alright, our ride's here." He said, looking up and squinting at the sun as a small airship landed and attached itself to the side of the dock, opening its doors. "This'll land us on the roof of a building that was gonna be used as a mall." He said, putting one foot on board, "Hope you brought some Lien." He chuckled.

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 12:09:39 AM »
Lix blinks at what Eli said, surprised he could actually hear what she said, but nods at what Eli told her about just calling him without the sir. Holds down her dress when the airship arrived, she stares at the airship and Eli approaching it. His snarky remark made her panic a bit on the inside but she realized it was just a joke and pouts. Lix skips over and into the airship before settling herself down and moving that metal box she had to her front so she could sit comfortably. Lix then looks up at Eli.
"So... What do you do? Like as um... hobbies?"

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 12:14:34 AM »
Eli raised a finger in reply as if he were telling her to wait. A second later, the engines revved to life, loud and clear with the doors open and with the initial thrust needed for take off. Turning off his hearing, essentially turning deaf, Arin reached for the door switch and shut it, lowering the noise down but not quite enough for comfortable conversation. Once they got to cruising altitude though did his hearing return, finding the dull low hum of the airship acceptable. "Sorry. I hate how loud these models are at take off." He smiled, "And small talk? I mean, we're about to go into a mission. Your mind should be focused. Prepping your gear. Checking ammo. Running through supplies in your head. Your heart cold steel and your mind still as a stagnant lake." He said seriously, glaring at her before he broke out into a grin. "I tinker with stuff. Modify my shield. You?"

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 12:29:31 AM »
Lix once again stared confused. Eli's mannerism piqued both her interest and confusion. To her, it was bearable noise, but she puts two and two together and figured to herself she is dealing with someone who has sensitive hearing. Lix gives Eli a scan and finds no visible traits of being a faunus, further confusing the girl into how he has sensitive hearing. The only explanation is his semblance. Lix decided at least not to ask.

Once the humming came and the flight was smooth, Lix listened to her senior's remark on airships and his serious monologue. Her dad had a different view, saying that it's better to laugh while you can, but not celebrate, maintain a poised mind. Lix tilts her head at the sudden change in tone, her hair falling to the side but at least she understood.

"Well um... I bake... go pogo... read... Do dust stuff with my semblance... train... Yeah mundane really... Still am horrible with fighting... Sigh I wish I was more... on par with students of my level. They all seem so good... And I only can throws a fireball a good 3 meters away at best. Or run. I'm very good at running." Lix said as she tone slowly went from awkward to depressing. Lix then lifted her box and presses a button to reveal the shield form of her weapon and sets it down on the ground with the sharp spike at the end making a tiny dent.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
Eli listened with a calm smile, resting his backpack against his left knee as he sat back, listening to her explain. He gave a nod or two here and there. "Pogo?
 Like... pogo stick?"
He asked curiously, cocking his head to the side. When she seemed to get melancholy, he tried to cheer her up. "Pssh, don't worry.
 You'll learn. Everyone sucks at the start, besides, you have me to train you-WHOA!"
Eli seemed to burst into life, grinning when he saw the shield in Lix's hand. "That's a shield? Awesome, finally someone else that knows defense is the best offense." He grinned, straightening his arm out to the side and letting his shield slide along the rail before locking into place on his left arm, still in its collapsed form.

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 12:51:19 AM »
Lix nods silently at what Eli said, it did cheer her up a bit but before she could thank him the sudden burst of enthusiasm surprised her and made her jump in her seat. But she soon saw why as she saw the shield in Eli's hand. Getting up she approached it and gave it a small tap, seemingly listening for something as she gave it a few taps else where on the shield before her eyes widen with interest.

"Hm... Yeah... Hm... Ah! Durable! Bound to take some heavy hits, definitely thick, but hollow on the inside, as if filled with something..." Lix then run her fingers over the surface before muttering more comments about finding stuff out about his shield simply by touching and hearing. Lix then blinks before returning to her seat quickly and blushed, realizing she was probably being too nerdy about the whole thing.

"S-sorry... My family has a tradition where the eldest member of a generation gains a shield from the eldest member of the previous generation. Since my dad is the oldest and I'm the edlest sibling... Here is my shield! Of course the younger gain their shields if the eldest deems them worthy... Having a shield meant status so to say... Not really a higher lower status but more like when a noble squire is given knighthood kind of status..." Lix clutched her shield tightly before reverting it back to its collapsed form and place her hands over it.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 01:21:44 AM »
With a careful eye, Eli watched her observe and dissect his shield, noting a good bit about it with just a touch and a  look. Impressive. "Good eye. And cool tradition. I just built this so not much backstory here." He chuckled, flexing his shoulder. With a click, the shield unlatched from his rail and Eli exchanged his with hers. "Just uh, don't touch any of the switches and buttons except for the ones on the handle. Hit numbers two and four." He explained, pointing to a switch on the handle, pointing to the five triggers/buttons on the shield handle and telling her the combination to expand it. "The screen's a touch pad so you can see what it does there. Also put some movies and music there too for kicks." He chuckled before turning to the yellow shield in his hands. Wanting to know more about it, he put on his goggles and earmuffs, blotting out light and sound till he fired up his semblance. "Hmmmm, 15 kilos, good balance," He said, holding it up and feeling it out. "Dust mechanism here, I'll bet this thing springs out." He said, running his fingers along the spike like a blind man reading braille. Leaning in,he could see the tiny nicks and bumps on the surface that cast shadows, barely visible even to his eye. This thing wasn't used as a shield very often. Eli even sniffed at it. "Soap and oil. You're doing good maintenance on it, Lix." He smiled back at her, seeing her clearly through the smoked goggles. As he turned down his semblance,

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 01:34:01 AM »
Lix blinks, the amount of buttons on the shield is amazing. Lix wonders how many underlying mechanisms are inside. The thing is about the shield. Lix struggled to hold it up due to it's much heavier weight compared to her lighter shield. As much as she was curious to mess with the buttons, she looked at Eli inspect her shield with expertise, much better than hers. It reminds her of her uncle Eugen when he made her shield more suitable for her use. Lix could not help but smile a bit. Despite the fact her uncle is now half blind, he still remained his chipper mood and incredible mechanic expertise whenever it came to equipment. Lix looks back at Eli's shield and runs her fingers over the buttons and the screen. Curious now, she presses the screen to see what each button did.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 01:47:48 AM »
Eli watched as Lix inspected his shield. He was used to the combinations of buttons and switches that controlled his shield but he found that most were generally surprised by the amount of effort it took to control all of the mechanisms of his shield. As Lix tapped on the screen, it glowed into life with a faint cyan hue. On it was a diagram of the shield, icons on the sides indicating weapons inspection mode, system diagnostics mode, and viewport mode. "I'm kind of upset with my shield though. I feel like I can put so much more into it than there is right now."