Author Topic: Embers of the Hearth. [CLOSED] [BSSM Thread]  (Read 11907 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Embers of the Hearth. [CLOSED] [BSSM Thread]
« on: June 22, 2018, 12:14:40 AM »
City of Atlas
2 Weeks Before Vytal Festival

The bullhead has just landed, and students are starting to wander off into the city, looking to explore the sights and sounds of the upcoming festival.  Above, the Amity Colosseum hovers in the air, dominating the sky.  Around it are several Atlas military warships acting as security. The weather's relatively nice, comparable to a breezy fall day in Vale.  The sun's out, with only a few clouds dotting the sky.  Students of all the academies are milling about, and there's an interesting contrast between the lax dress of the Shade students and the military style unit worn by those of Atlas Academy.

As Smokey stepped out of the bullhead, the familiar chill greeted him, causing him to shrink down into his coat slightly. It's not really that cold, but he had gotten use to Vale's warmer temperatures and needed a bit of time to re-acclimate himself. 

Has it really been that long? Smokey thought to himself as he meandered.  He's only been at Beacon for a short time, and didn't he think he'd be back in Atlas so soon, but apparently Fate had other plans.  He looked over the Atlas students, and let his mind wander what it would be like if he had stayed here, instead. 

...Nah, that would've been a terrible idea.  With their strict discipline, rules, and dress code, Smokey would have been chewed out and expelled within the week, especially since he'd have come here with a well-established reputation.  Speaking of which....

As Smokey mindlessly wondered towards his destination, he spotted a familiar face: an old bully, apparently taking well to life as an Atlas student.  He was showing off to a group of  girls, Haven students if he went by the uniform, doing various heroic poses and blabbering on about some trumped-up story or whatever.  It really didn't matter what he was doing, if he saw Smokey it'd be bad news.  Knowing this, Smokey quickly changed directions and started heading--

"Well, whaddya know!  Speak of the devil and he shall appear!" 

...dammit.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
Re: Embers of the Hearth. [CLOSED] [BSSM Thread]
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:11:31 AM »
Serin thought that he left Atlas behind and wouldn't have to come back till the end of the year at the earliest, so imagine his surprise when the Vytal Festival location was announced! He initially wasn't very interested in going since the risk in running into his parents were fairly decent, much more if he competes in the tournament which they would no doubt watch. But the rest of BSSM seemed so excited he just couldn't turn them down and instead decided to go along with it planning to deal with the consequences later. His fear of running into his family was what made him so hesitant to exit the bullhead when it first landing, opting instead to just stick his head out the door and scan the environment for any familiar military officials. While he didn't say anything about coming(implying almost the opposite on his sparatic phone calls home) he was sure that if they wanted to it would be trivial to get a copy of the passengers on the flights.

After deciding that the coast was clear for the time being he finally walked out of the bullhead and into the chilled Atlassian air, enjoying a light breeze as it ran across his body reminding him of what he left behind. After yet another moment of not paying attention, he finally noticed that Smokey had rather rapidly gotten off the ship leaving Serin behind.

'Maybe he has someone meeting him here and is excited? He is from here so...' Serins inner monologue reasoned.

It didn't take too long for Serin to find him as he was being approached by someone who Serin assumed was an acquaintance of his judging by how Smokey was greeted.'Weird Smokey didn't approach him but then again, not the most talkative person'

"Hey Smokey that's where ya went off to! Whos this?" He said gesturing over to the other man, "An old acquaintance of yours?"
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 01:51:58 AM »
Billy was excited to be traveling. It was just a bit awkward being a Vaccuo girl in Atlas after all the bad blood between the Atlassian corporations and the Vaccuo workers. Not to mention the whole Faunus thing. But she thought about her two teammates she had come to like. She hoped they were the majority and not the exceptions. She decided to stick as close to the Atlassian's as possible during her trip in case something happened. She also had no idea how to get around the place. She considered taking off her signature hat to blend into the Atlassian scene more, but after seeing the other Shade students walking around in their dress she decided against it.

As she made her way out of the bullhead a little behind everyone, she found that the weather was deceptively cold for how nice it looked from outside. She dug through one of the bags that she had to carry. Billy grabbed one of Serin's jackets that he offered her but she swore that she would never use. She put it on along with a surprisingly long scarf.

When she finally made it to Smokey and Serin, she stayed quiet. She didn't like the look of the third guy. He had an air of Atlassian superiority that she despised. So she puffed out her chest and gave him the evil eye, daring him to say something about her or her team.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 09:59:38 AM »
There was already an amazing view over the City of Atlas through the window of the Bullhead, but when it landed and the first students left the airship it felt completely different again. Atlas, the technological, scientific, and probably military-leading kingdom, having a large army of mostly androids and a large air fleet. As someone who grew up without any technology, the sight of the many high-end security measures was a bit overwhelming.

As Mikado got out of the Bullhead, he was greeted by the cool breeze with which he had to live for the next few weeks.

He was right behind Billy as he get off the ship and made his way to the rest of the team, and another, unknown person. An old Buddy maybe? No, it didn't really look like Smokey would be happy to be in that position. Only one thing to do in this situation, wait and see what happens.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:13:58 PM »
"Sorry, think you've got the wrong guy," Smokey lied, not even turning around to face the "stranger" and continuing to walk forward  Seriously, he hadn't even taken 30 steps before he got accosted.  Maybe coming back was a mistake...

A hand clasped Smokey's shoulder before he could get too far away.  "Aw, come on, don't be like that Mt. Shortstack!  You don't recognize your old pal, Verde?" said the newcomer, his voice tinged with arrogance and a hint of mockery.  Verde was fairly tall, at least six feet, with green hair styled into a pompadour that added another 4 inches.  He was pretty muscular, too. If he wasn't wearing an Atlas uniform, it would have been easy to mistake him for a body builder. 

Smokey's hand imperceptibly twitched toward his revolver at the sound of his old nickname.  He really wanted to smack this guy in the face, but something told Smokey that's exactly what Verde wanted.  Meanwhile, Verde looked back and finally noticed the rest of Team BSSM, and a strange look of thought crossed his face, like a baboon's when its trying to take care of some nasty business.  But it soon was repainted with that damnably arrogant smile.

"Whoa, now, don't tell me a flunky like you's trying to get into the Vytal Festival?  Don't make me laugh!" he said, laughing.  "Let me guess, you got carried through qualifications by your team.  They at least passed the height requirement for ya, that's for sure!"  Behind him, a couple of giggles emanated from the girls he was entertaining earlier.

As his eyes scanned BSSM, he quickly stopped on Billy, and with the most lecherous-looking smirk to grace the gorilla's face, Verde sauntered right up to her.  "Hey there, you look a little cold.  Maybe you should ditch the midget over there and come let a real man warm you up," he said, raising his arm and flexing it.

Smokey looked towards Serin with a look that was clearly asking "Can I shoot him?"

Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »
It was now obvious even to Serin that this other person was not friendly toward Smokey and was in fact a ass of great proportion. The realization of this sent him reeling a little bit and it took until the end of the bullies vocal barrage for him to come back to reality and try to find a way to deal with the situation. Smokey was also now on the verge of murdering this man which would not end well for any of them, much less Serin would doubted he would be allowed to return to Beacon if he messed up this badly.

Serin began his course of action by giving Smokey a look that tried to convey that violence was not the wisest course before placing his left hand on the bullies should and turning him to face Serin,
he had a big speech planned that he was going to give the bully but being face to face with him made all the mentally rehearsed lines fly away forcing a much more scatterbrain response to leave his lips.

"......Stop being a dick...you..dick." Serin slowly said while giving the green hair guy a cold look straight into his eyes. He was also regretting each and every word that came out of his mouth, it got the intent across correctly but it was really not going to make Serin or the team look good.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 06:19:54 PM »
Oh, Billy was ready for this guy coming over to her and she was giving him the iciest of glares.
"Hey there, you look a little cold.  Maybe you should ditch the midget over there and come let a real man warm you up," he said, raising his arm and flexing it.
Right as she was about to open her mouth, Serin tried to step in.
"......Stop being a dick...you..dick."
There was a pause in the conversation to, well, to put it lightly, digest the phrasing of that sentence. Billy made a split second decision to save Serin and save face for the team. She reached over with a flirtatious smile and pulled him close to her by the collar and whispered in his ear.
"Listen here, you grimm licker. This conversation here is going to get heated alright. Why would I, a faunas from Vacuo even dream of going with a puffed shirt, big nostriled, not even nose, nostrils, uneven faced, bodybuilding hack, like yourself that uses greed dye in his hair to distract from the fact that you have no personality?"
She pushed him away from her smile now a look of disgust.
"Think about that if, you're able too. And stay away from my friends."

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 01:40:44 AM »
Oh, so he was this kind of a person. Mikado was sure that if Serin wouldn't allow Smokey to kill him, he would most certainly do it. But it shouldn't come that far.

There it was. The moment where Mikado once again wondered how hell Serin became the leader of the team. The facepalm threatening to gain more and more acceptance was fortunately prevented by Billy's intervening. She pulled the Verde guy closer to her and whispered something in his ear, which he couldn't hear from where he stood, but judging by Billy's expression, she made  clear ship.

As much as Mikado wanted to knock the guy over with his staff, he decided to go with the wiser way and leaned towards Serin and Smokey "Let's go, this guy makes me want to punch myself"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »
Verde barely turned around when Serin grabbed his shoulder, not even stopping his incessant flexing.  And after receiving the verbal beat down of the century from Serin ("Smooth," a barely audible sound escaped Smokey's lips.), Verde did nothing but chuckle. 

"What's the matter, you want a piece of this, too?  Can't say I blame ya, I have that effect on people," he said, not even remotely bothered by Serin's interference.  It wasn't until Billy started whispering in his ear that his expression slowly changed from an arrogant smirk to slight confusion, then outright anger as he was released from Billy's grip, mouthing something and touching his nose in the process.  But then Verde looked back at Smokey, and that arrogant smirk was quickly back on his face.

"Oh, I get it.  I never knew you were into furries, Shorty. Hey, I ain't judgin'.  Everyone has their ways of getting off, you just need a good bitch," he said, licking his lips, "literally, I mean."

He turned his attention to Mikado, who had up until now avoided any of Verde's verbal molestation, and said, "And you, tall, dark, and edgelord, what's your deal, huh?  You his other fix?"

If anyone watched carefully, they'd see that after every comment Verde made, no matter who it was directed at, he glanced over at Smokey, trying to watch his reaction.  It was as if he was waiting for something, like he knew something was going to happen.

Smokey, to his credit, hadn't done anything yet other than watch, but his nerves were definitely starting to fray.  He didn't want to give Verde the satisfaction of a reaction, but if the jerk continued to harass his team, Smokey was almost definitely gonna smack him one.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 05:33:48 PM »
Serin had reached his limit with this guy causing him to reach a mental cross road. While he could try the path of diplomacy which was the preferred option in most states of mind this assholes words towards his teams mates and friends had Serin seeing red. He hated this, he wanted to just reach out and punch him and end it already but he did not want to cause a scene right now, in the middle of these people and much more than that he didn't want to be caught by the few security guards roaming the area. That said it seemed the crowd had already begun feeling out the atmosphere and were all slightly backed away or looking on intently while trying not to make it too obvious that they were drinking in the drama that was unfolding right before them.

When the bully had reached the end of yet another vocal barrage Serin had already made up his mind, or rather by the end his anger and frustration had boiled over to the point where the choice was made for him. Taking a deep breath Serin now took a second to plan out an escape route and once satisfied with a path he quietly tried to convince himself once more not to carry this out.

"This isn't going to end well......but screw it" Serin muttered before simultaneously increasing his hold on the bully as tightly as he could and sucker punching him in the gut with his prosthetic. Once the fist had fully completed its arch he shoved him back and began booking it out of the landing area as quickly as he could shout to the rest of the team,

"LETS GO DONT GET CAUGHT"

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 11:33:39 PM »
Billy's face of disgust had turned into a self-satisfied smirk when Verde touched his nose. But that only lasted until he opened his mouth again. Oh, when he opened his mouth again Billy became so angry she wanted to use the hammer side of her weapon to knock him out since he wasn't worth a bullet. She looked at Serin to ask him if she could hit him now, but he was already there with a sucker punch to the gut. Billy was in shock for about half a second, until Serin told them not to get caught. She nodded to him, then spat on Verde real quick before she ran as fast as she could after Serin, dodging people and jumping over luggage carts.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 01:50:45 AM »
Once Verde opened his mouth again, any hope that this would be over easily and without further problems vanished. Who does he think he is? That guy, that ... bastard, would cry out for his mother with his trail between his legs as soons as real danger accrues. He wouldn't lie if he said that now everyone of team BSSM wanted to blow that guy up. This theory was then, only a few seconds later, proved by a well-aimed puch Serin's side in Verde's guts. When Serin called out to them, ordering them not to get caught, he ran after his team with a barely visible smirk.
"Hey, Serin!" he called forward to the leader "Nice one."

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 12:13:40 AM »
Smokey's going to kill Verde.  He was going to blast him so hard, it'll make whatever happened to the moon look like a kid's fireworks party.  That bastard is going to-- wait, what is Serin doing? 

Smokey went slack-jawed for a moment as Serin sucker punched the jack-ass in his gut, sending Verde crumpled to the ground.  Apparently, all those muscles didn't amount to much, as he lay on his side gasping for air.  He had aura, Smokey could attest to that himself, so he should  have been fine.  Maybe he's just a big baby, after all?

Smokey openly laughed as Team BSSM tore after Serin in their truly heroic hit and run.  It wasn't a mocking laugh made to pour salt in the wounds of the asshole lying in the road, though.  It was a laugh of vindication, as if some long-term suffering had finally been brought to justice.

As they finally reached a safe spot away from the incident, Smokey approached Serin, still laughing.  "Hey, thanks.  That asshole had that coming to him for a long time.  Surprised Atlas hadn't beaten it out of him already," he said.  But slowly, his laugh died down, his face took on a more somber tone, and he awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he tried to find the words he was looking for.

"Also...sorry.  If you guys weren't with me, he would've left you alone.  He was being an asshole to the lot of you, but he was targeting me," he said, not really looking anyone in the eyes.  There was a beat of silence, before his eyes turned back up, "Listen, I'll explain exactly what happened later, but for right now, you guys should go setup your stuff without me.  Verde's not the only asshole that wants to pick beef with me, and if I'm with you guys they'll probably target you, too.  I'll catch up with you later, and don't worry, I can handle myself." Smokey punches his fist into his hand as he finishes, as if to demonstrate his strength, then heads off in a different direction.  There's clearly something off about him right now, but it also seems that he wants to be alone right now.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 11:03:55 PM »
'Holy shit that was the dumbest thing I've done in a while'[/color] Serin thought as he stopped running feeling relatively safe in an alleyway a short distance away from the location of the incident. He didn't want to but that man just wouldn't shut up and while Serin can be patient he still human. He couldn't stop looking over his shoulder and worrying about the repercussions that could follow if someone manages to ID his team , much less him, 'Im so dead if this gets to mom or dad...[/color] The feeling would likely linger for at least the rest of the day if not longer but as he saw Smokey laughing and the rest of the team's thankfulness towards the act he decided that while it was reckless and stupid, it was at least partially  worth it to maintain the dignity of the team.

As Smokey walked off Serin wanted to go with him but it was obvious even to him that he wanted to left alone. He stood there conflicted for a moment whether he should respect his privacy or if he should follow him and drag along the rest of BSSM to make sure that he didn't do anything rash. After Smokey turned the first corner and was safely out of ear shot he announced to the rest of the team.

"Well, I guess that we, or rather at least me since I can't force you to do anything, are gonna follow Smokey and make sure he doesn't get into any more...trouble." He said before walking in the direction Smokey disappeared down.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »

"Well seeing as they are the only two who are basically our guides around the city, I'm going with Serin." Billy told to Mikado.

She took off her hat and held it in her hands as she followed Serin down the alleyway. She also wrapped the scarf once more around her face to cover her mouth to make herself look even more sneaky. She didn't know why she was going all in on the stealth, other than it was fun.

Once she caught up to Serin she asked, "What's the plan boss?"