Author Topic: Switcheroo: Gray/Calen  (Read 19201 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Switcheroo: Gray/Calen
« on: June 17, 2017, 12:34:20 AM »
(Gray has Juno's weapons and Calen has Kei's weapons. now do the thing.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Switcheroo: Gray/Calen
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:29:23 AM »
Walking on the arena with the yoyo in hand and the sword on his belt Calen was doing a fair job at some beginner yoyo tricks. After getting a good run of tricks Calen looked up at his opponent and started studying him intently. 'Master Grey I believe, pleased to make your acquaintance. How are you finding your new weapons? I must confess I didn't imagine I would be having so much fun. I haven't held one of these in years but it seems some of the skills have stuck.' Calen remarked as he tried to delay the start of the fight.

Losing his semblance hurt Calen deeply as did having to use another's weapon, even one as well made and similar to his own, although the latter was more a pride thing. As such Calen needed to come up with a plan if he was going to he was going to overcome. Keeping himself on Grey's weaker left side while trying to make sense of the weapons Grey had chosen.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »
While his opponent was practicing with his weapon Gray had been trying to get his to function. Just my luck to get stuck with a damn gun. Gray had just managed to find the safety on the gun and turn it off when Calen asked about his weapon. He turned to face him and he felt something impact onto his boot. Looking down he saw that it was the magazine from the gun. "I think that about sums i-SHIT!" Gray was cut off when he accidentally discharged the one round that was chambered when the magazine fell out. "FUCK IT!" Gray yelled as he grabbed the gun by the barrel and held it to the side of him like a baseball bat. "Alright. Come on then."

Spoiler: ShowHide
Gray's profile specifically states that he is notably garbage with firearms so I think you lucked out mate.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »
Struggling to contain his glee at his opponent's misfortune Calen approached slowly still with the yoyo in hand still performing tricks. These tricks did have another benefit though as they got Calen used to the weight of the device and how much string it had, Calen wasn't bothering with the extensions, without being so transparent. Stopping at the far end of his range Calen looked up at Gray and tried to distract him by giving his most innocent smile and saying. 'I never got the hang of firearms either but you definitely went with the club faster than I would of. In fact I....'

Hoping to use his distraction would give him an opening for first blood threw a kinetic dust enhanced yo-yo strike while retaining his not-so-innocent-but-more-innocent-than-usual-smile.

Calen's Battle Data
Yoyo strike 5%

Aura: 100%
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:24:44 PM by Kingnoname1 »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 02:07:02 AM »
Gray couldn't help but scowl at the way his opponent was behaving Fucking high class jackasses. His opinion worsened even further when he realized the conversation was a ploy to attack him when he saw the yoyo come at him. Gray put all his might into baseball swinging the gun and batting the yoyo back towards it's thrower. Gray didn't give much of a damn whether it connected though as anger flashed in his eyes and he stepped in swinging the gun at his enemies gut. "Cheap trick you fucker!"

[2% if he gets smacked by the yoyo. 10% from Gray's strike to the gut]
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:37 AM »
Calen managed to retract the yoyo safely for another strike before Gray made it to him. Standing still in the face of Gray's attack, Calen cocked his head to the side and waited for the last moment to use his semblance to dodge away. Remembering, as he was even starting to move that it was prohibited, Calen hesitated and as such Gray's attack landed square in Calen's chest. Stumbling back Calen dropped his yoyo and drew the sword, smile well and truly gone.

Breathing deeply as Calen tries to reign in his anger he started dancing backward after striking with a flicker stab. OK enough playing around, I'll put this dog down now. Calen thought to himself as he got ready for the rest of the fight.

Calen's Battle Data
Second yoyo strike 5%
Flicker stab 2%

Aura 90%
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:53:26 AM by Kingnoname1 »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 09:32:22 AM »
Both of the strikes connected square with their intended target who simply shrugged them off and contnued his aggresive advance on his target changing his grip and slamming the weapons butt into his opponents gut before dropping it and tackling him in an attempt to bring him to the ground.

Battle Data

Aura level: 93%

butt strike 3%
Tackle 2% and opponent would be prone with Gray on top of him.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 12:55:15 AM »
Swatting aside the butt strike with his sword Calen stepped forward for a riposte but walked straight into Gray's tackle. As he got crashed into the ground Calen jabbed his left thumb into Gray's right eye socket and holding it to stabilise Gray's head as Calen bashed his sword's hilt against his opponent's left temple.

Calen's Battle Data
Gouge 3%
Hilt smash 4%

Aura 88%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 02:54:12 AM »
Gray jerked his head to the side to evade the eye gouge and grabbed the wrist of Calen's arm before his hilt smash could conect before he used his spare hand to start throwing heavy punches into his opponent's face. He had no intention of stopping the punching until he was somehow forced to.

Battle Data

Aura level: 93%

punches: 2% Take as many as you feel is appropriate.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 04:54:30 AM »
Calen let two of Gray's punches rain down on him as punishment for missing his counter. Then he attempted a mount sweep, using his arms to deflect another two punches Calen got the space to lock his arms around Gray and pull him closer. Wrapping his left arm and leg over their corresponding body part on Gray Calen tried to establish the overhold which would allow for Calen to reverse the mount.

If successful Calen will disengage, get back to his feet and let Gray have the space to do the same.

Calen's Battle Data
No attacks by Calen this post.
Aura: 82%(Took two punches+two most deflected punches)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 05:01:23 AM »
Gay felt his arm and leg get trapped and struggled in vain to free them as he was flipped over and put on his back. However when his opponent took to stand Gray rose with him and lashed a leg out at the retreating opponent missing horribly but he still took advantage of the momentum it created to grab his discarded weapon and spring off swinging it by the barrel overhead intending to slam it down on his opponents head. Should he miss and slam the weapon into the ground he would greatly bend the barrel making it a far less effective club.

Gray's battle data

Aura level:93%
Overhead swing: 10%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 05:15:40 AM »
Seeing the attack coming from a mile away Calen rolled under the attack striking lightly at Gray's side as he passed. 'Maybe you should try using the pointy end again sir.' Calen whispered completely unable to hold in his glee as he saw the rifle bend. 'Oh the owner's not going to like that, I could give you a loan if you like.' Calen continued his taunting as he backed off and set up in a defensive stance.

Calen's Battle Data
Light slash 3%

Aura: 82%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 05:39:49 AM »
Gray felt the cut connect with his side and turned to face his opponent his face twisting in rage even more as his opponent taunted him further. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" [/B] Gray screamed as he saw his prey slipping out of his way. I am going to pummel his damn face into a mound of goo. Instead of rushing him right away Gray swung his arm and threw the gun full force for his opponents face before once again charging headlong at him going for a spear tackle which would once again end with them both on the floor. However instead of going for another mount if Gray connected with the spear he would stand up and throw a viscous kick into his opponents side with enough force to budge his opponent slightly along on the ground.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 90%

Throw: 3%
Tackle: 4%
Kick: 8%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 06:00:17 AM »
Got him.Calen grinned, as planned Gray was struggling to maintain control and now was, mostly, disarmed. Opening himself wide for the gun as one last taunt Calen waited until Gray had committed to the second tackle before spun, using his outwardly stretched as counter weights, to land a kick straight into Gray's temple as he charged forward.

Calen's Battle Data
Kick 7%

Aura: 79%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 06:11:33 AM »
Gray's head jerked to the side when the kick caught him and he pivoted with the momentum turning and throwing a wild swing with his bad arm at Calen's torso.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 83%

Swing: 1%