Author Topic: A Vytal Moment in Time[Vermilion and team]  (Read 7454 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
A Vytal Moment in Time[Vermilion and team]
« on: October 08, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »
The smell of grilled meat and vegetables wafted through the air and into Vermilion's nostrils as he watched a stall owner tend to his barbecue and customers. Wondering if he could actually use his own spears to grill or roast something Vermilion manifested the tiniest he could make, about a foot long though still a bit thick for a barbecue and thought about shanking a large portion of meat and placing it on the grill himself, though that would bring too much negative attention to himself. Walking over to a clearing while opening his scroll, Vermilion smiled at a team of girls who seemed to be stricken by his regal appearance and went back to contacting Hannah and Vivian on his scroll.

"They better respond, I went through all this effort to arrange this little outing. Even if it is related to the festival." He muttered, sending a message to both Hannah and Vivian to meet him near the outer stalls. It would be easier to see them with less people and he was expecting them to introduce their latest member.

Going back to wandering around, Vermilion began taking note of a few places where they could waste time before they got tired enough to go back home. Aside from the barbecue stall there were also some oriental styled cuisine, a nearby Info Board, some patrolling Atlesian Knights, and a stall selling all sorts of knickknacks. At every turn he found himself finding similar yet slightly different stalls with the same outlook but different items for sale. Vytal sure was full of opportunities with this amount of people. Vermilion wondered if he would be able to come up with something to garner attention and praise as he waited near the info board. It shouldn't be too hard to notice a man of his stature and appearance by a blatantly obvious and out of place machine, unless of course the girls got caught up shopping. Typical women.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
Re: A Vytal Moment in Time[Vermilion and team]
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 10:05:40 AM »
Except for one.
If her figure, green and black clothing did not stand out along with pale lines across her right arm, the arm wrapped in metal bars connected by black circles and a quiver would. She stood there, right next to Vermillion, just idle, the only moment was from her breathing. Her eyes looked at Vermillion, a short millisecond of alluring green gems for eyes met his, the cat ears twitching so small yet noticable. She looks away and walks off, vanishing into the crowd like a ghost.
This was just, location 1.
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »
Hannah wrinkled her nose. The smell was disgusting, like, who grilled vegetables? Idiots. That's who. Speaking of an idiot, she noticed Vermillion in the crowds. Eventually getting his message, she made a face akin to dying for the thirtieth time to an unnamed mob in a certain game involving aura and souls. Deciding to rectify the problem brought up to her, she waited until he got to where he was supposed to be meeting them before making a small shield to avoid as much detection as possible, and brought it down to try and smack him on the head, "Meeting someone by stalls is not an emergency such as your limb being removed. Unlike yourself, I cannot be summoned like some mongrel pup." Walking closer, hit or miss the shield dissipated, prepared for him to cause a scene, "Anyway. You have ten seconds to inform me why you are wasting my time. I suggest you get to it."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 02:15:42 PM »
Of course, Vermilion's guess as to where each of his teammates were wasn't entirely inaccurate. His cyborg companion had stopped at nearly every single shop on the way while buying food, clothing, accessories, and pretty much anything else one could think of. Really, the stuff there was too good to pass up. Where else could one find a shirt with big, bold text stating 'F*** GRIMM' in all of Remnant?? Definitely nowhere! It had occurred to her that some of these items were definitely not being sold by official vendors, especially when the salesmen were walking around with boxes rather than running a stand, but some of these bootleg items were even better than the regular ones.

While the ears of a cat were small enough to not stand out too much in a crowd, one would have to be blind to miss those of a rabbit. Vivian herself was a bit on the short side, but that didn't matter, as Vermilion and even Hannah would surely be able to spot her faunus ears over the heads of many people in the crowd. Despite this fact, she was still trying to stealthily approach her teammates, the idea of spooking them being an entertaining one in her mind. As she made her way through the masses of people, she came closer and closer to the two, almost like a predator stalking prey. A very obvious and fluffy-eared predator at that.

Soon enough, she leaped out from behind a group of people, landing next to Vermilion with a wide grin on her face. "HEY!" After only a second or two, she realized that she had not scared him whatsoever, bringing a frown onto her face. "... Damn." Looking over at Hannah, one of her mechanical arms raised to wave at her teammate, the other still carrying her bag stuffed with souvenirs. "I bought you guys some gifts. But, uhh..." Looking a little confused for a moment, she glanced around the crowds before turning back to Verm. "Aren't we missing someone?"
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »
"That's exactly why I called you two here. Vermillion said, rubbing his head after Hannah's loving shield conveniently 'fell' on him earlier. "I really can't be bothered to look for someone all day and unfortunately I haven't met them yet either. I was expecting one of you to know who this...Kelly something is.

Spotting Hannah's disgusted expression at the grilled vegetables he picked a stick up and began munching on it with much relish before offering it to his half-sister with a grin on his face. "You must try this, it's actually pretty good.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:32:48 AM »
A folded piece of paper was pierced by the stick, it did not look like a piece of paper but it was. In fact some of it had already been nibbled off when Vermillion took a bite. But it was thanks to Vermillion it became painfully obvious that was a piece of paper, obviously wet with alcohol and saline solution, thanks to the that, did not burn into a crisp while on the grill.

It enclosed the message written in Kelly Green ink.
If you are reading this, that means the alcohol did not burn on completely, or I had to find some way to send you this. Anyway it's me, your teammate, well new team mate. Congratulations on finding one of my fun little messages. Oh boy I was wanted to try this. Well you did have a 10% chance of picking up this message anyway. So I'm gonna have fun with you all! Simple really, find my other messages that I had put in different locations throughout the city in order to meet me. Well since this is the first, I'll tell you location number 2. Yup this is 1. Location 2 is simple, it is actually close by, it just happens to be on a windvane that's all.

The thing was, the windvane is question, was on top of the barbecue stand. But it was no windvane, it was an arrow with a strip of paper tied to it, stuck through an actual windvane.

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
"You must try hanging yourself. It's also pretty good." Replying with a comment which was said as casually as one would ask someone how their day was, Hannah used the back of her hand to bat the offering away from her, spotting the note and deciding to let him have it, it'd only be funner for her if he had paper in his teeth for the rest of the day.

With that, she went into her pocket and pulled out a packet of chocolate sticks. Opening it, she took one out and put it whole inside her mouth, afterwards offering Vivian one, "Shame we aren't missing two, huh? And thank you for the gift, want one?"

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:45 PM »
Vivian gave a short chuckle at Hannah's response to Vermilion, though part of her wondered how exactly she was supposed to know what being hanged felt like. Afterwards, she spoke up in response to him as well. "Mm, nope, never met a Kelly. Surprised you haven't, considering how many different women you talk to." Seeing that Hannah had offered her a small stick of chocolate, Vivian took it and thanked her, destroying the entirety of it in one bite. After a few moments, she looked over at Vermilion again, shrugging. "Maybe she's waiting for us at the dorm? That would suck."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 12:01:49 AM »
Vermilion laughed at Hannah's proposal and made a mental note to get back at her later, in the meantime the barbecue was still there to eat but was starting to taste a little...papery and extra tangy..

"Wh- Is this some kind of joke? Vermilion proclaimed, pulling out the thin sheet as he noticed the small strip on the stick as well. Tossing the stick into the trash bin he continued, "I've never heard of barbecue fortunes and this fortune in particular is awfully crude. That or our new teammate wants to play a little game.

Darting his eyes around Vermilion noticed the wind vane in question and made an extra long spear out of thin air, stabbing the paper off it, and bringing it down to eye level before poofing the spear away. Piecing the paper back together, partly ripped because of his rather rash way of picking it up, he called Vivian and Hannah to his side, motioning them to read it together.

"Hurry up now, before I decide to keep us a three person team and ditch the newcomer.He said, half joking- half true.

Students

Professors

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 03:28:33 AM »
Hi so you found the first location, well second, I was here just now to set it up and make sure at least you were here first, well second is pretty easy and gives you a clear idea on how I am, head to this location and find the sports section, there would be a book with this mark on it, to make life easier. Bow

The mark got ripped off a bit but it resembles a cat from the side view and a piece of map has been ripped off to show a library

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
Smiling at the rabbit who thanked her, she then glanced at the paper before moving her thumb over her fingers, cracking each knuckle as loudly as possible, "Oh. Joy. They want to play want to play hide and seek. You know, like a child. If you have gotten us a fifteen year old again, I swear on all that is holy I will beat you to death WITH them as a hammer."  Not needing to even look at the library picture to realize that it was referring to one, she started off, "Unless you or the idiot knows where the library is, I'm going ahead, Vivian."

With that, Hannah started towards the closest one she knew of, putting her headphones on to make herself look slightly more of a loner if she was going by herself, though if they had followed she'd of still put them on. She just likes her headphones really.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:51 AM »
"Hey! I love hide-and-seek!" Vivian seemed mildly offended as Hannah mocked one of the greatest games ever made. If it was an activity for children, well, she had no desire to be an adult. While she hadn't met this new teammate just yet, she was already quite excited to find them. Vermilion and Hannah were cool people, but they didn't exactly enjoy many of the things in life that Vivian found to be fun.

Following behind Hannah, Vivian turned around to face Verm, not seeming to care that she was walking backwards while speaking to him. "Verm! Have you actually gotten a fifteen year old on the team before? If so, that's a little weeeird."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
"Hmm? Not that I know of, I don't exactly remember the ages of all our previous teammates. Oddly enough only me and Hannah remained till this year, well enough of that let's head to the next clue then." Vermilion replied, not giving a second thought to the question.

A library and the sports section, this hunt was going rather...well smoothly. Not so much a hint as it was spoon feeding the answer. Why did their new teammate have to be such a bother, it would require some ample punishment later on. Vermilion smiled at the thought and briskly picked up his pace after Hannah who stormed off earlier while not giving a second glance towards Vivian.

Upon reaching the library Vermilion immediately walked over to the sports section looking for any familiar faces, possibly one of the girls who'd been staring at him back at the food stalls. Taking his hubris into account there were of course one pair of green eyes that struck him as rather inquisitive rather than admiring unlike the other people, and maybe also green attire, that should make things easier from now.

Arriving at the sports section, not bothering to look for Hannah despite her having gone off earlier, Vermilion brought out the piece of paper he held earlier and reread the hint while looking for any peculiar books or objects that may have stood out.
Students

Professors

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 06:04:17 PM »
Kelly was reading a book, in the near vicinity of the three, at a table near the sports section. She gets off her chair and places the book on the table to head out. It was the book they were looking for, the mark of the cat neatly pasted on. She silently leaves the library to move to location 4.

The book held the encrypted message with pages that had sticky notes sticking out that had to be rearranged inorder to read the message.

4A^3

A

CV9

0F

7A3

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 11:35:06 AM »
"Of course you would like hide and seek Vivian. You're a rabbit, your species' requires you to run and hide."  Ensuring she let Vermillion go in first, she barged past the girl leaving the library as she entered. Giving the girl an annoyed look and muttering something which was inevitably an insult, she finally found the third member who had gone ahead and went up to him, "So all-mighty ruler of land, sky and sea. Have you found the book yet? Or are you in need for another eye test behind all that ego?"