Author Topic: Chasing Shadows [Open]  (Read 22795 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Chasing Shadows [Open]
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 08:46:17 PM »
Sandy barely managed to get out of the way of the mass of blades that smashed through them but even so a smirk crossed his face as a thought entered his mind. Its mostly metal. With that thought in his head Sandy lobbed an electric Rave Bomb directly at the creature hoping that there was something organic to get hurt by the electricity that would start flowing or that he could overload it if it was mechanical.

As events unfolded a battered figure stumbled through the ruined buildings. The edges of his clothes were clearly singed and he had a scowl on his face. "damn that hurt. Please tell me you kept track of that thing." Cerulean said noticeably annoyed.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »
As Azrail was lifted up, he looked back, trying to see what was happening. Fancy that, she's friends with Camelia too," Azrail thought. He would have liked to see more of the fight, but even with medication the pain was too much. Azrail blacked out before he even reached the ship.

Drevin noted Martin's decision and muttered, "Good choice." He then felt a tension in the air, and decided it was a terrible idea to stay where he was. He took a bit of a running start and then fired off his jetpack, propelling him all the way across the street to a much safer place where he continued to watch.

Brond turned his head and replied, "Well I couldn't just let it rip my face off. I told the police I didn't think it was a good idea when they contacted me, but they're desperately trying to stop this thing and they wouldn't take no for an answer. I did keep track of it though... sorta." He then motioned with his eyes to the scene that was unfolding in front of them.

From what Asako's drone could tell, it was either human or faunus based on the skeletal configuration, but any information on identity was concealed by the mass of shiny-black edges covering its body, and a DNA sample was completely out of the question. Meanwhile, as Stella and the thing stared at each other, she could see beyond the lifelessness. In its eyes was fear. Primal, inhuman fear, but fear nonetheless. The fear lessened with the departure of the police cars, but returned in full force with the arrival of the missile canisters. The fear held a sort of tenuous balance, and she could tell that it didn't know if it should fight or flee. Then the electric bomb hit it.

Sandy's electric Rave Bomb was the turning point. It didn't actually damage the thing in the slightest, as the electricity could find no conductive element in the mass of edges and fizzled, but the reaction it had was immediate. There was no question now, it was provoked, and it would fight. The blades that covered its body returned to their frenzied shifting, and it dove headfirst into the ground. Instead of smashing its face into hard concrete, however, it ripped right through the ground and disappeared into a tunnel of its own creation. In a matter of seconds, its heat signature became completely moot thanks to a good four feet of rock. Its sound, too was gone, ad the silence it left gave off an air of danger. Like a vacuum waiting to be filled.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 01:15:56 AM »
In the airship above, after scanning Azrail's body, a few robotic arms attached to the inner walls began their work, taking off the remnants of his cloak and armor, cleaning, disinfecting, supplying air, and sewing him back together with absorbable thread as the drones rotated to keep him within the arms' range of movement.

Back on the ground, as soon as the creature dove downwards, Ophelia activated her visor and walked up to the newly created hole, then crouched down and peered into it. Sighing, she stood back up. "Camellia."

From behind, one of the missiles popped out as the warhead transformed, what was going to be the explosives before being turned into more vectored propulsion systems. Then it was fired out and went down the hole, the dud travelling through the winding tunnels at a steady pace.

The airship containing Azrail descended as she turned back to Brond. "We need to have some words."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:49:47 AM by Asterisk »

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2016, 09:15:53 PM »
(Hey, Timeworker, you there?)

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »
Griz took a different stance and started fiddling with his gauntlets while doing some math in his head. So my gauntlets with kinetic dust can punch through solid metal and rock creating a shockwave that acts much like an earthquake on impact...If i were to amplify that effect by using my aura to boost my strength. How much aura would I need to use to blast that fucker out of the ground yet not hurt everybody and the surrounding area...I hate math.. After adjusting his gauntlets to the right setting (or what he thought would be enough to blast through approximately 5 feet of stone) Griz adopted a fighting stance and let out a deep breath concentrating so that he would lose the least amount of aura for the strike. So I never decided how much aura to use for the punch...ow my head hurts I really should do math while modeling aura at the same time.. Looking over he saw Ophelia moving over to Brond and slightly sweat dropped. "Hey guys as much as I appreciate the need for explanation, reunion, or what ever you guys are about to talk about we kinda have an issue here. You know a people killing, house destroying, and generally fuck everything up issue. I can get it out of the ground or us on to it's level but kinda need 100% participation if that thing was able to take out that poor guys in one hit.". Truth be told even though he  felt severely out classed Griz was calm. This wasn't anything the improved ground couldn't handle.
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 01:45:59 AM »
Sandy's eyes widened as his electricity did nothing. "dammit. How the hell did that not work? Is he completely metal?" As the thing dived underground Sandy decided he was going to get some distance and grappled the building above and hung up there. "ok. I'll see how it likes ice. I bet i could freeze some of it's joints.

Cerulean let out a sigh. "I know. Still that really hurt. Just my luck that i come back to Vale and there is some sort of blade monster running around."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
"I know, it's my fault. I had no idea what I was dealing with," Brond conceded to both Ophelia and Cerulian. "Now I've gotten two people injured and that thing's still on the loose." Brond's face was contorted in sorrow, but he also looked tired. This new life as a huntsman was wearing on him in a way that he had never experienced as a student. Brond then replied to Griz, "I'm aware that there's a problem but I think it's gone for now, so I think we should all- hey! Watch out!"

Brond's warning came too late though, because by the time he had realized what was happening, the earth beneath Griz's feet was churning like frothy water. Occasionally a black edge could be seen moving through the shifting earth, but it was almost as if the thing was using a thin layer of moving rock as a shield. Two arms covered in the whirling black edges reached up from the ground to try and grab Griz's legs, the blades angled such that if they made contact, it would drag him down into the ground.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »
Seconds...that's how much time Griz had to work with. It had been mere moments before Bronds warning that he felt it. The tremors in the ground as that monster tore through the soil like water. He felt the tremors stop for a split second before terrible bladed arms came up at him. Griz was used to working with seconds. They were the difference between dying and living, winning and losing. Unfortunately this wasn't a fight he intended to lose. He had a few options. He had plenty of aura left to dodge out of the way but then it might get air born and have a higher advantage. Right now it might have a field and a surprise advantage but Griz had leverage. That was the only thing he needed.

Griz built up his aura visibly around his being. Condensing and forming it into an ethral armour. He gauntlets already preset with dust hummed as he made his move. Diving  between the two outstretched arms Griz punched the area inbetween. If his punch connected with anything a gigantic shock wave would decimate the street like an earthquake. Resulting in a lot of possible collateral with buildings. The blades whirled and screamed as they passed by inches from Griz's face. If this didn't hurt or scare the beast away then his aura would protect him from being shredded or hurt...too much.Where there are arms there is a head...if my calculations are right that this should blast this whole block to peices. If it doesn't well...my aura shield will hold.". It was make it or break it and Griz was shooting for break it...and everything around it.
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »
In an instant, Ophelia had disappeared, dashing towards Griz at high speeds, kicking him back before doing a back handspring. "Are you an idiot? You'll only anger it, and that is something we do not want. Especially since there are a lot people from other kingdoms here. Don't do anything that will bring unease to the masses."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:29:21 PM by Asterisk »

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 05:32:10 PM »
Easily rebounding after the kick Griz used his speed to make his way back to Orphelia.  Griz levelled a stare at her."Well MAYBE if someone told me anything about what Were dealing with here than I wouldn't need to go so far. I have no idea what it can or cannot take. I would really appreciate even the smallest idea right now before someone gets dragged down to wherever that thing.". Taking a breath Griz calmed down his nerves to their relatively normal state."Look thanks for kicking me out of the way but knowing I can't damage it is a pretty crucial peice of information. Ok upon revision on what he was about to do yes Griz agreed it was reckless but he didn't really know how to make a smart and informed decision on a beast he knew nothing about. For now...he'd focus on dodging.  He really hoped that this girl knew what she was doing because he sure didn't. 

(Sorry for breaking order just felt like Griz would've spoken first after being kicked)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:38:43 PM by Timeworker »

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
Ophelia continued to look at the ground at the heat signature. "I've got a few contacts in the Vale Bureau of Intelligence. They've been covering this up for quite a while now."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:55:00 PM by Asterisk »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »
Cerulean looked at Sandy, Ophelia and Griz. "it may be worth you three getting out of here and letting the huntsmen take care of this one. This is way out of your league." as he said this Cerulean decided to draw Takif in it's shotel form. Is there anywhere we can hit it to wound it at all or are we just trying to contain it?"

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
The thing's arms grasped at air before returning back to the ground empty. The churning area of earth collapsed downwards as the thing burrowed elsewhere, and left a ditch of pulverized rock behind. Brond began jogging towards the group, but before he could reach them, the thing burst from the ground directly under Cerulean, attempting to drag him underground as it had with Griz.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »
Watching the thermal signature moving under them, Ophelia immediately closed the distance in a blink of an eye and tackled Cerulean out of the way.

With the drone watching the whole time, another airship had arrived and, opening its ramp, dropped a freshly dead pig, still reeking strongly of blood. Sitting in one of the seats, Stella checked her scroll, linked to a tracker embedded into the pig, about the size of a 1 yen coin.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:36:01 PM by Asterisk »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 11:39:09 PM »
Cerulean felt the ground rumbling beneath him and created a clone in his place before hastily sidestepping out of where he assumed the creature was about to attack. He the. Saw Ophelia moving to tackle the clone likely assuming it was him. "WAIT. DON'T!"