Author Topic: Working Out Differences [CLOSED]  (Read 3211 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Working Out Differences [CLOSED]
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:53:39 AM »
It's been a while since he's stepped in here.  It took months to repair the weight room after Jima and he had their...argument, but now it looks better than ever!  Old and missing weights were replaced, new punching bags have been brought in, and old equipment has been updated.  The best part?  Smokey had gotten off with barely a warning, nothing more than a promise to use the sparring room instead next time he needed to "blow off steam."

Smokey took a deep, satisfied breath as he walked in.  He immediately regretted it as the stale order of gym sweat assaulted his nostrils, sending him into a slight coughing fit.  Looks like he wasn't the only one that appreciated the repairs.  Taking a little bit of time to get adjusted to the odor of the room, he made his way over to the far side of the gym in front of the mirror and dropped off his gym bag, then proceeded to start stretching. 

Like he thought earlier, it's been a while since he stepped into the gym, and Smokey couldn't help but do a little 'mirin of himself in front of the mirror.  Now, Smokey was pretty short, and while his face isn't objectively unattractive, he could stand to get a shave and maybe a professional haircut instead of the DIY job that was his current mop.  That being said, there was one part of Smokey that he was proud of on an aesthetic level, and that was his muscles.  And since he was sporting a wife-beater and gym shorts instead of his usual heavy coat and boots, his muscles were on full display. 

After doing a few more stretches, he turned back around and looked towards the door.  He told Serin to meet him here right after classes end, so he should be on his way, so Smokey took the opportunity to start putting weights on one of the barbells in preparation.  "Maybe I can finally get a good workout in," Smokey mumbled to himself.     

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:01:39 AM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
Re: Working Out Differences [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:04 AM »
Class that day was a little more difficult than usual for Serin and he was mentally drained after attending his classes, but it was now the end of the school day and he was free for the moment to go and relax. Or he would be if Smokey hadn't asked him to meet him in the weight room to assumedly work out, he wasn't sure what other purposes one could possibly have for meeting in a weight room if not for working out. Regardless Serin had been looking forward to this since Smokey asked since it was rare for his somewhat distant teammate to want to spend time together much to Serins dismal.

Upon getting to the weight room he first stopped in the locker room to put his bag in a locker and change into a basic white t-shirt with some black shorts since he decided long ago that when working out there's no point in trying to look good anyways. He briefly admired himself in the mirror and made sure that everything on his prosthetic was nice and tight, didn't want it to lose power in the middle of the set since that would be a disaster. Once he was changed and felt everything was up to snuff he stepped into the weight room proper while scanning for Smokey finding him putting weights onto a bench. Walking up to him he said,

"Hey Smokey! How ya doing? Ready to work out?" His voice full of enthusiasm even if working out wasn't something he cared about all that much, it was really more important just to spend time with his team.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:32:25 AM »
Going to a new school is hard, especially for a school like Beacon Academy. Entirely new people, an entire new social structure to navigate, difficult classes... It takes a bit to get integrated. One thing hasn't changed since Signal though, and that's people's absolute dedication to staying in top physical form. Finding the weight room for the first time had been a bit of a challenge for Albrecht, with Beacon's entirely unfamiliar mazelike structure - but neverless, he'd persisted, and had been rewarded by eventually locating the weight room's back entrance, the surprisingly-silent door opening to reveal a weightlifter's heaven.

...and some dude flexing in the mirror, okay.

Albrecht stands there awkwardly, watching a short guy admire himself in the mirror. It's almost an uncomfortably long amount of time before he moves onto putting weights on a bar, right before a friend of his apparently comes in. Both of them look okay, at least for now, despite the short one's scruff  - and it's a good enough opportunity to get to know his classmates. Right Albrecht, you've got this!

"...ladies, is it the talent portion already? Did I manage to miss the swimsuit competition? Seriously, that's unfortunate - I would've loved to join." With a voice dripping in egotistical sarcasm, Albrecht makes his presence known as he steps into the room - a fairly tall student with long black hair, held up in a high ponytail. Making his way over the two, he drops his gym bag against the far wall, before copying what Smokey was doing beforehand and flexing in the mirror, holding the pose for a moment or two, before glancing to Serin and Smokey. "Like, seriously. Is this a thing Beacon students do regularly? I've seen weirder fads I guess - I just wouldn't know, I'm kind of new."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:45:54 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »
"Serin!  Thanks for comin', man.  I know this ain't really your kinda thing," Smokey said, waving to Serin after he finished placing the last weight on. "Anyways, you mind spottin' for me?  I was gonna do 10 reps, then switch, sound good to you?"  Smokey seems pretty relaxed, like he's at a spa rather than the gym.  Nothing's gonna get his stress levels up today, not Mikado, not classes, not homework.  Nothing.

That is, until another student walks in and starts mouthing off and imitating Smokey's brief moment of vanity in the mirror.  Chill, Smokey, he's joking...I think.  Smokey gives the newcomer a funny look, trying to gauge his personality, before finally asking, "Uh, and you are?"
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 11:40:00 PM »
"Yeah sure I don't mind, it's what Im here for right?" Serin responded, he personally was never a fan of just lifting weights preferring instead to spar to keep his strength up. The moment was ruined when a newcomer came in and started poking some fun ruining the atmosphere of the gym. He did mention that he wasn't from the area so it was possible that in his regular gym people talked with each other more?

"Yeah it was a couple minutes ago just missed it. Grand prize was a new microwave too" Serin responded in a jovial manner, if he was making the effort to reach out he felt obligated to reach back out as well.

"Everyone has to hype themselves up somehow right? Nothing wrong with admiring their handiwork."

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:36 PM »
"Oh, I'm sorry I missed out on it then! I could've used one for the dorm room." Albrecht jokes, fully turning towards Smokey and Serin now. "And I suppose I can't blame you, everyone fawns over their appearance from time to time, though I don't quite understand the point of pursuing vanity myself. Why bother?" Albrecht shrugs at the last part, attempting to flick his hair to the side... despite the fact it was in a ponytail.

The shorter one seemed... displeased somehow, with Albrecht's appearance. He might've wanted to work out alone? He'd invited that other boy, so he certainly wouldn't mind superior company. The taller one seems fine as well, even if he's not quite as muscular as Albrecht himself or the short one... and most concerningly, he seems to have a prosthetic arm. Albrecht's eyes fixate on the shiny metal for a moment, then two as his brow wrinkles - before snapping his gaze back to Smokey, an easier if slightly-forced smile on his face. "I'm sorry, It's impolite to barge in without introductions. Albrecht Clodwal of Team Cinerous. We're fairly recently formed, and I'm somewhat of a... new transfer to Beacon, so to speak. I only just managed to find the weight room, because apparently it was completely remodeled recently and they've only just finished cleaning up the "do not enter" tape - it was a good enough chance to introduce myself, you see, and perhaps lend my services in spotting in return for the same, if you wouldn't mind?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 09:15:13 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »
Okay, thank whatever being that gave Smokey the idea to invite Serin to the gym, because the team leader's much better at talking to people than Smokey is.  He tends not to shoot the shit with strangers.  He just shoots shit. 

The new guy--er, Albrecht--seems kinda smug from Smokey's perspective.  But, well, he did manage to get into Beacon, maybe he's misinterpreting Albrecht's confidence for arrogance?   It's entirely possible.  Smokey inwardly shrugged.  No sense in not talking to the guy, I guess

"Name's Smokey, and this is Serin, my team's leader.  And yeah, there was a fight here not too long ago, and it got out o' hand, so they had to remodel this place from top to bottom," Smokey replied, purposefully leaving out his involvement in his description of events.  "Anyways, sorry to disappoint, but I already borrowed 'Fearless Leader,' here, for spottin' duty.  Maybe next time."   
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:53:12 AM by ReaperJoe »

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 11:08:43 PM »
(OOC: Ok so I low forgot about this thread, sorry =(   )

Serin cringed a little bit at being called 'Fearless Leader' he was already aware it wasn't a great introduction and had really hoped that the nickname would have dropped off by now but it looks like its there to stay. "If your willing to wait until after we're done I could help ya out. But I gotta be honest, it might a while before we finish." He said trying to be helpful, he liked this guy and genuinely would love to help but he did already promise Smokey.

"Im sure more people will be along soon since class just let out, it'll probably be quicker to wait for them then us to be honest."

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 01:17:41 AM »
The change in Albrecht's face is almost scary in how fast it morphs, going from perfectly friendly and amicable to as if somebody pissed in his cornflakes, then promptly dumped the bowl on his head. The expression of anger and disgust only lasts a moment though, and he (badly) tries to hide it under a cross look at both men. There's a couple awkward moments as he stands there, basically pouting, before his eyes dart to Serin's arm again - there might be a way to get back on their good side, or least Smokey's good side, if he plays his cards right.

He takes a moment to compose himself, the previous shit-eating grin taking it's place on his face, before he turns to Smokey. "Surely gentlemen, we can come to an agreement here. Smokey, surely, with your leader's... obvious disadvantage," He takes a moment to gesture to Serin's arm, before continuing. "It'd be much safer to have somebody who's not as reckless enough to lose a limb before even beginning here at Beacon to spot you, not to mention the obvious disadvantage of relying on a prosthetic, no matter how advanced." He sneers, looking on with an air of superiority about him. Obviously, his logic is flawless.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:34:17 AM by Moth »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 01:47:48 AM »
"Yeah, like Serin said, it'd probably be better if you--" Smokey cut himself off mid-sentence as he looked at Albrecht's sudden change in demeanor.  Was it just him, or was the new guy staring daggers at the two of them?  Did Smokey say something wrong?  Did Serin say something?  Smokey looked back and forth between Serin and Albrecht, who's expression had changed again.  Now he looked like he had just stepped in something.  The hell's up with this guy?

"Um, are you alrigh--" Smokey starts to ask before he's cut off again as Albrecht puts a smile back on and addresses him.  But as the guy continues to talk, Smokey's expression goes from mild concern to confusion, to annoyed, to a little bit angry, all in the span of time it took for Albrecht to spew his BS.

Smokey took a deep breath.  Remember, he's trying to relax.  Not get into a fight.  "Now, hold on.  You're making an awful lot of assumptions there.  I've seen first hand what that arm can do and it's plenty capable of spotting," he said, a tiny bit of annoyance coloring his voice.  "And like Serin said, people are going to be coming in here soon enough.  Just wait for one of them. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 03:26:22 AM »
Serin stood confused as Albrecht face morphed from the joyous expression he previously exhibited to anger for a brief moment before another smile spread across his face, but this time Serin got a much more negative vibe from it. His premonition was correct as he then spewed out a mess of words about how Serin had lost his arm making a fair bit of assumptions along the way. While he had been teased before for having one it was never particularly serious, not like this.

Serin stood still as his face slowly transitioned into confusion, trying to understand the situation which he was now placed under. He was no longer paying attention to the world around him choosing to instead concentrate on his own inner train of thoughts which had also come screeching to a halt. The result was that Serin simple stared at Albrecht not reacting to this hurtful statements aside from having a confused and somewhat shocked face.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 10:29:59 PM »
Albrecht scoffs at what Smokey said, almost amused at the short man's explanations - they honestly make absolutely no sense at all. "Yes, but can you seriously expect that arm to hold out? What if it fails in the middle of battle? You'll be left hauling around a cripple, there's practically no point in him becoming a hunter in the first place, I'm amazed he managed to get into the school in the first place." It seems like he can't even halt his tirade now, the smug expression making itself at home on his face.

The absolute kicker was the confidence in his body language - there was no doubt in what he said, no obvious intention of malice. An air of superiority, sure - but he stood leaning on the weight rack to him, on hip cocked, unafraid (or oblivious) of the annoyance in Smokey's voice. Obviously, everything he spoke was the absolute truth - there was no possible doubt to his word.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 01:01:06 AM »
Is--is this guy for real?  Smokey just kind of stares at Albrecht for a hot minute in stunned disbelief.  There's no way one guy can be that ignorant, right?  Is he not aware of how many successful huntsmen have prosthetic limbs?  Does he not know how aura works?

Either Albrecht has the best poker face on the planet, and he's just baiting Smokey into a fruitless debate, or he's seriously implying that his team leader isn't fit for the life of a huntsman.  And neither of those thoughts sat well with Smokey.

Smokey really wanted to hit the smug punk in front of him, but there were three things preventing him from doing as such.  One, he's trying this whole diplomacy thing (quite frankly, he doesn't understand why anyone bothers.  Bullets solve problems much faster).  Two, Smokey doesn't want to trash the weight room again.  Lord knows what kind of shit that would land him in.  And three, Smokey's competence isn't the one in question.  It's Serin's.

Now, Smokey has no question in Serin's ability.  While he may find Serin's tactics "flighty" at times, he's fully proved to Smokey that he's earned his place at Beacon.  But this asshole is calling his team leader out, which means that Serin needs to be the one to respond. 

With that thought in mind, Smokey looks over to Serin and says, "So, do you want to respond to that, or should I?" 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 10:50:08 PM »
Serin had no clue how to respond to the wild accusations that Albrecht was throwing out and it seemed quite, uneducated. While he slowly came back to reality he began noticing Smokeys increasing anger and how he was waiting for a response from Serin. But he didn't have one this time and it seemed that his voice was failing him, refusing to let out any sound. Instead, Serin decided to try and separate them from this man which ideally would allow some time to consider what happen and how to confront it next time. For now though, just leave.

With his mind made up Serin placed his hand on Smokeys shoulder and gripped it as tightly as he could trying to signal Smokey to calm down while also convening his mounting angry before transferring his gaze to Albrecht, making sure to try and make his eyes look as bored as possible. After holding the gaze for several long seconds he began to try and walk of the room without letting go of Smokey in an attempt to drag him along. After all, this room had just gotten fixed after his last battle/