Author Topic: Meet the Author: Uncouth T-Rex's Personal AMA  (Read 6570 times)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Meet the Author: Uncouth T-Rex's Personal AMA
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:02:54 AM »
-A massive Tyrannosaurus Rex holding a beer stein and wearing a backwards ballcap and sunglasses greets you as you enter the clearing surrounding a sheltered overhang in the side of a cliff. The large area is carpeted with mats of trampled vegetation, discarded bits from its last meal, and assorted bones. The furnishings stay under the overhang and include a writing desk, a large number of books, and a selection of ciders and stouts in kegs of varying sizes. The decor is sparse, but the cliffside has a crucifix with a painting of Saint Joseph beneath it.-

Ah, hello there! Welcome to my humble little nest! Have a seat, have a seat! I just moved in after the transfer from the Old Forum. Pardon the mess, I'm still giving this place its "lived in" feel. Hadrosaur shank? No? Suit yourself, it's only been dead since yesterday.

I bet you're wondering what I'm doing here. Well, the answer is simple really. I feel it's important for authors to get to know one another better, to learn and grow from our shared experience. So here I am, to answer your questions about how I do what I do. I hope to see others doing this soon, as I prefer to lead by example, you know? Plus, I also enjoy goofing off, which is why I'm writing this as a carnivorous dinosaur instead of a late twenties, slightly balding, large-ish man.

Speaking of who I actually am, aside from what I've already mentioned, let's have a little introduction, shall we? I'm here on RWBY: The RPG because I love to write. I do have my own original material that I work on, but I tend to keep that close to my breast and take it much more seriously. I find it's good to put in some time on it daily. I write on here as catharsis, in some cases even to let off steam after writing something exceptionally dark or emotionally intensive in my original material. But mostly it's just because my job is stressful. I troubleshoot things over the phone for people. You get the idea.

Aside from writing, my interests include miniature wargaming hobbies, reading and more reading, doodles, recreational combat (LARPing without the roleplay), assorted arts and crafts, and hiking. I'm currently saving up for a Masters and eventually PhD in Paleontology and hope to study functional morphology in dinosaurs, specifically Theropods.

So, ask away, friends, and let's learn something from one another!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:53:56 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the Author: Uncouth T-Rex's Personal AMA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 12:15:41 AM »
So how did you find this site?
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 12:23:40 AM »
I finished RWBY Volume 3, and then got sick for a few days and was off work. I've farted around with Forum RPGs before, and thought I'd give RWBYverse a shot. A short time later and I had Marlon and Cheri up and running. Really, y'all can thank Sesh, Arcus, and Mythic for me being here. Without me bumping into them early on I probably wouldn't have stayed.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 01:04:42 AM »
What got you into role playing?
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 11:51:14 PM »
Honestly, it's something I've always done. It's almost physically impossible for me to not tell stories, and it's even more fun when I can do it while working with other people. Whether it was with childhood friends, online, or as a DM for my DnD group, I've always done it at every stage in life.

Character List:

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 06:16:31 PM »
20 facts about yourself, GO!

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 12:36:56 AM »
Whoof, twenty? Alright.

1) My guilty pleasure in music is Ke$ha.

2) I'm a metalhead, with my two favorite bands being Nightwish and Sabaton.

3) I'm a human garbage disposal and will eat just about anything.

4) I once attempted to start a band towards the end of high school. My attempts at lyrics were beyond awful.

5) I'm a G.K. Chesterton fan. You should check him out sometime.

6) My favorite characters often die noble, self-sacrificing deaths. It's a curse. Or maybe it's just the Catholicism leaking through.

7) When I get really frustrated or angry with someone stupid, my internal dialogue sounds like the title character of the TV Sitcom Frasier. Oh of all the incompetence!

8) I actually have an extremely volatile temper, I just have worked on mastering it my entire life, so most people think I'm super nice and couldn't hurt a fly.

9) I like taking overused character tropes and breaking them wide open.

10) I'm a big fan of Saint John Paul II's Theology of the Body and his work that lead up to it, Love and Responsibility There's something solid in there that even the non-religious and unbelieving can appreciate.

11) My favorite charity is the Make a Wish Foundation.

12) I enjoy making costumes (or buying good ones) and then going out in public to shake up people's day and give them a break from whatever's on their mind. I've been everything from Death with I Need a Hug sign or Oogie Boogie of Nightmare Before Christmas, to a Sith Lord or, of course, a T-Rex.

13) I was in a few plays in high school, and really enjoyed acting, but haven't had the time to do it since. I'm told I'm decent, for a hack of an amateur.

14) I came very close to enlisting in the United States Marines, but found my earlier surgeries from my tender years made it impossible for me to serve my country in any martial capacity whatsoever. It was probably some of the most devastating news I've ever received, since those things don't hold me back in any other way.

15) My favorite beer is called Dragon's Milk, a chocolate bourbon stout that drinks like you'd think its namesake would. Robust, heavy, rich, and with a nice bit of burn on the way down.

16) I'd go insane without some sort of wilderness around me.

17) I do, unsurprisingly, hope to settle down someday and raise a family.

18) I can handle shorts in snow pretty easily. I am so impervious to the cold my friends call me a Frost Giant.

19) Chernobog is my favorite Disney Villain.

20) I at one point in my life had really terrible emo-kid hair. It was hideous.

Character List: