Author Topic: Shards of Knowledge [Shard INC][Semi-closed; PM]  (Read 9339 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Shards of Knowledge [Shard INC][Semi-closed; PM]
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 10:20:07 PM »
Smokey had wandered around the expo for a little while longer after leaving the booth.  Unfortunately, there wasn't really anything that caught his eye, so he was left with naught to do until the fight.  Thankfully, it looked like that was taking place sooner rather than later.

As soon as the arena started opening up, Smokey did his best to get in as soon as possible.  Although his first impressions of this new technology was relatively negative, he knew better than to write it off without actually seeing it in action.  On top of that, this is a fight with a huntress.  Even if he's not participating himself, he can get a lot of experience just watching how the fight plays out. 

As he sat down, he saw the woman up on the stage.  Is she their fighter? Smokey idly wondered as he looked her up and down.  Appearances can be deceiving, but from Smokey's perspective, she doesn't look like the type to straight-out brawl.  If he had to guess, he'd say she was a "run-and-gun" type of fighter that likes to keep her distance.  However, if that were the case, would Shard really force her to fight without her weapon?  He glanced over the face-plate and the structures on her shoulders, trying to discern their purpose.  Were they a form of the prosthetics the reps were touting earlier?  If they are, how will she use them?  Do they transform?

Smokey's not even in the ring yet and he's already analyzing her.  Maybe combat school has been good for him after all?
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »
Putting Ergia back in its place on his harness on the way, Nathan arrived at the arena entirely looking forward to both observing and participating. Upon arrival, he was guided into the arena and allowed to unceremoniously plop down on a seat. He'd arrived a bit late but this place was still good.

Looking at the stage, a Faunus - clearly - walked in. He remembered seeing her around earlier, but she hadn't exactly been an attraction at the time. Now that he looked closer, though, he saw that she was very undoubtedly endowed with some prosthetics. The glowing eye behind the hair, the metal plate that's seemingly integrated into the soul somehow, it almost screamed cyborg. No idea what the things on her shoulders were, though. He was excited to find out.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »
"Ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer called out, hushing the light anticipatory conversations in the room. "It's time for what you've all been waiting for; a showcase of our latest inventions, and what better way to show it than a match in the ring?" There was some vocal appreciation from the hunter and civilian communities in the room at this, though it quickly died down as the announcement kept going.

"This here is our lovely lady Lynn Aubin, ex-huntress and present security employee of Shard INC! A quick bit of backstory-" He started enthusiastically, though the start of talking about her history seemed to leave Lynn a bit more stoic if that was at all possible. "Over a decade ago, she suffered a debilitating injury in the line of duty, suffering the loss of her eyesight defending her town from bandits. But here at Shard INC, we saw this tragedy that had occurred, and sought to help one of our noble huntresses once again pick up her weapons - over the course of several years, we developed an implantation that allowed her eyesight to be restored!" He made an indication towards Lynn, and she fidgeted just a little before lifting up her hair at the front, the faceplate dropping down over her eyes before anyone could get a clear view of them. "But we went further - this not only keeps her previous visual clarity, even as a faunus, but bolsters it to higher levels! Yet both we and her weren't satisfied with this - we could do better, further develop her as a huntress along with her training. And so, we have something special to show you today!"

There was a small pause, and then deep blue flames sprang up around Lynn, fanning out from her and leaving a thin sheet of frost over the ring. "Lynn's semblance is a projection-type; she generates flames that freeze what they touch, rather than burn!" There were several 'oo's from the civilian side of the audience, and Lynn still looked a little uncomfortable to the trained eye under all the attention - she wasn't especially used to the public eye, it seemed. "Her weapon, Winter's Grasp, uses dust to augment these in a variety of different ways and weaves it into separate attacks! But you'll notice there are no gauntlets on her hands today - no, my dear audience! Instead, she'll only be using what we've worked together on to augment her style of fighting further-"

There was a series of mechanical whirring noises, before the inconspicuous ridges on her shoulder and back suddenly unfolded to the sound of gasps, a huge and hollow pair of fierce-looking claws unfolding from her back.

"-what we like to call the 'Doorknocker'! And the lucky people going against the device being... well, would you look at that! Recent Vytal Tournament contenders and both participants at our very own Beacon Academy, Nathan Eau, and Smokey Emberstone!"
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 04:06:05 PM »
"Lynn Aubin, huh?" Smokey quietly muttered under his breath as he followed the crowd's applause.  He observed carefully as the hype-man sang her and the company's praises.  If what the announcer said is true, then Smokey would be impressed that Shard managed to fix her sight.  He's no eye doctor or anything, but even a layman could guess that it must have been a complicated process, even for a company that specializes in prosthetics.

Of course, if fixing her eyesight was all Shard was interested in, he doubted they'd go through all this pomp and circumstance.  And he was right, because the very next thing to happen was a demonstration of Lynn's semblance, which covered the entire arena in a thin layer of frost.  Cold Fire.  Smokey cupped his hand to his chin and stroked his stubble as he considered it.  Back before he discovered his own semblance, he took one of those online personality quizzes that tried to guess what his ability would be.  Obviously they were all wildly inaccurate, but he remembered there was one result that revolved around the manipulation of ice.  If he remembered correctly, the associated personality type was a...

"...a tsundere?"

Smokey was brought out of his musings by the unveiling of the prosthetics.  So this is what Shard has been hyping up for all this time.  Those claws certainly look powerful, and they probably pack quite the punch.  Yet, despite the fanfare and the crowd's reaction, Smokey remains unimpressed.  From his perspective, those menacing claws looked more like a ball and chain weighing her down.  If the intent was to give her more power, than those were little more than a stop-gap measure. 

Smokey has no delusions on who would win between him and a huntress; there are first-years that he couldn't even land a scratch on, there's no way he could close the gap on someone with potentially decades more experience.  However, if it was a contest of power between 'Doorknocker' (admittedly, a really cool name) and Matchstick, that's a different story entirely.

And lo on behold, Smokey gets an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is, as the announcer calls out his name.  The gunlugger can't help but smirk as he stands up from his seat and makes his way towards the arena.  It's time to see what Shard Inc. is really made of.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »
Nathan briefly looked around when the announcer started speaking, but failing to locate him anywhere, he opted to just stare at what would ostensibly become his opponent as he listened.

The first bombshell that was drop was restoring sight. He wasn't a biological or medical expert or anything, but as far as he knew, the next best thing that'd been done was embedding some electrodes into someone's cerebral cortex to give a 25 pixel screen. Complete restoration, understandably, came as a mild shock - not that he was actually able to see what that meant, as he was both too far away for a good look and the woman's - lady Aubin, as it were - faceplate dropped in front of her eyes after barely a split second.

The second thing that impressed him was the blue flames - endothermic fire? Something like that, maybe. Regardless, the mere range of the flames was already quite impressive. He momentarily wondered about exposing her battle tactics like that, but then remembered what he had to write to get into the raffle, so kinda evened out in the end.

But then, two MASSIVE metal limbs, tipped with equally enormous claws, sprung forth from behind the ex-Huntress. That was cool. Questionably practical at first glance, but damn was it cool. Come to think of it, weren't extra limbs always cool?

His musings were abruptly cut short as he heard his name mentioned in the speakers. His eyes widened in the best expression of mild panic he could manage - which most people would interpret as mild surprise instead, sadly. Just as he was hoping for somebody, anybody, to tell him what to do, he saw someone else get up and walk to the arena and followed suit. Hey, come on, it was his only lead.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »
"Please welcome our guests to the stage!" The announcer requests, a round of applause and a few jealous glances sent towards the two. Lynn slowly glanced over, watching the pair of them move to the stage - though it was difficult to tell her thoughts with a good half of her face hidden behind the faceplate. She struck a somewhat unnerving figure, slow but fluid movements of her body and the claws connected to it as she waited for them to join her on the ring.

"The rules are simple!" Continuing excitedly, the announcer addressed both the audience and the participants as each was handed a small aura monitor by one of the employees, who quickly scampered back off the stage. "We thought it would be most appropriate to follow the recent Vytal Festival! There's a little twist; we're not having ring-outs in this, but we are otherwise following the fifteen percent aura rule. We don't quite have the funding of the Vytal Festival for this little exhibition match, so we'd prefer keeping it directly within the ring rather than risking anything that could result in a lawsuit!" He joked, and a faint barrier flickered around the arena before fading again, unseen but prepared. The arena was still fairly large - it was a training ring, after all.

"So, if the combatants could all get prepared, we can get the battle underway! We'll give you ten seconds!"

Lynn stared down the two as they'd approach the ring - or, well, her face followed them at least. Hard to tell. She still seemed to look a little uncomfortable under all the attention, though that may have just been a general tightness to her form or combat-readiness. Nonetheless, she took a slight breath, and seemed to focus - the ring starting to feel just a little colder as she calmed herself and brought her semblance to the ready.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »
As Smokey makes his way to the arena, he draws the weapon he's so proud of, a massive revolver that borders on comically over-sized.  It looks like someone took an over-clocked shotgun barrel and stuck it on a pistol stock so it could be fired with one hand, but only in the hand of a gorilla.  Going by looks alone, anybody who tried to fire it would be more likely to have it fly out of their hand than get an accurate shot.

Yet, despite the massive size, Smokey seemed more than comfortable with the weight.  He flips open the cylinder with one hand and begins loading each individual chamber as he steps into the ring.  As the last bullet slides in, he flicks the cylinder back into place and loads a fire dust cartridge.  However, after finishing prepping Matchstick for battle, he doesn't rest it on his shoulder like he usually does.  Instead, he holsters the gun and walks up to his prospective opponent.

"So, uh," he begins awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck, "Listen, injury or not, I don't think anyone's gonna be surprised if a huntress takes out two first years.  But, uh, those things you got there?" he points to the Doorknocker, ""Just from lookin' at 'em, I'm pretty sure they've got a big weakness.  'Course, I guess the only real way to find out is to test it, so, uh, if it's all the same to you, I want you to take one of those things, and I want you to hit me as hard as you can with it.  If you want, you can go ahead and freeze my feet in place beforehand if you think I'm gonna dodge or somethin'."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 05:23:11 PM »
Nathan arrived on the stage and took one of the slap-bracelet monitors from the employee - who quickly scampered back out of the line of fire. He was wondering how exactly it'd go - was it a 2v1? - but his questions were promptly answered by the announcer. Turns out, it would be a 2v1. He took note to try and not do things that'd reach outside the barrier, not that there was much danger. The barrier should be able to take Ergia's rifle mode without too much problems.

When he was prompted to start getting ready, he wondered whether he should use Ergia's rifle form for the start and when he turned to what was ostensibly his teammate for the time being, he decided against it. The guy's gun was WAY bigger than his. How did he even wield that? It looked like an artillery piece more than a rifle.

Taking Ergia off his back, he spun it a bit as it turned into a staff before gripping it in his usual stance. The surface of the staff parts briefly crackled with electricity before a bright, orange glow covered them. No sense in not going all-out against a superior opponent from the get-go. The heat would probably be useful against her anti-fire, too.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
Lynn looked over at the pair, resisting the urge to raise her eyebrow at Smokey's rather oversized weapon. She watches carefully as he loads the weapon with practised ease, and as Nathan's weapon crackled to life. The two certainly seemed to have come somewhat prepared, at the very least. The event was a little bit of a farce - after all, it still was a huntress against two students, even with her on the end of her recovery - but nonetheless, it would be good to work out some of the kinks tha-

The holstering and following query from Smokey really did make her eyebrow raise, not that anyone else could see it behind the visor. That was... interesting? Even in her own head, her thoughts sounded overly polite. Really, it was a little overconfident, even with what she'd seen when watching the Vytal Tournament during her downtime after her latest operation. Honestly, it reminded her a bit of a younger version of herself - still trying to keep up a vague premise of politeness, but sure - maybe a tad much - of herself, and not afraid to speak her mind. The thought brought a wry smile to her face, and the huntress gave a small nod to Smokey.

"If you're sure that is what you want." She replied, keeping her tone as neutral as she could. One of the claws rose up, but didn't strike. He'd asked her to use a fully powered swing, after all, and it would be nothing but offensive if she didn't respond to the open challenge. The air chilled slightly, before the purpose of the hollow design was made clear as the claw filled up with frigid blue flame, the noise of it a faint howl rather than the normal roar of fire as the claw went from a hollow shell to an ethereal limb. She kept it there, waiting a beat to give the student a chance to reconsider - not that she expected him to take it.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
"Oh, I'm sure, don't worry," Smokey says as he braces himself for the coming attack.  Frankly, he was a bit surprised she took him up on the offer; he half-expected her to either laugh it off or to tell him "take the fight seriously" or something like that.  The fact that she's actually preparing a full-on punch gives him a small bit of satisfaction, though he's sure she's planning on clearing any doubts about their power real soon.

He raises an eyebrow when the claw alights with flames, though he's far from shocked:  it's far from the first weapon he's heard of that can channel semblances.  That being said, he's a little less eager to take this hit than he was previously.  He knew he was getting turned into an icicle one way or another, given his opponent's clear advantage in training, experience, and probably skill, but he was hoping that he could at least get one shot off before that happened.  Oh well, looks like he's going to spend the entire match frozen over.  At least Smokey's an Atlas boy, so he can stand the cold...probably.

Besides, while the limb is definitely impressive from a purely technical standpoint, theoretical capability and battlefield practicality are two very separate things.  Sure, it may give Lynn more raw strength and boost the power of her semblance, but it still presents the same problem that long hair does:  it's just something else to grab.  And why would a Deathstalker care if its claw is frozen shut if its victim is well within its clutches?

As the claw hovers ominously in the air, Smokey bends his knees and spreads his arms wide.  "Well?  You gonna hit me or what?"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2019, 11:13:48 AM »
Upon seeing exactly what his 'partner' had created, Nathan quickly scampered off to one side of the arena, Ergia taking its compact form again before being placed on his back. From what little he'd seen, the only way he was going to get out of the consquences to the guy's crazy antics was lifting off above the anti-fire's range. When the barrier had flickered on earlier, it'd seemed to be cylindrical. You bet he was gonna make full use of his vertical abilities.

Focusing on the Huntress, he stood ready to blast off as fast as his reflexes allowed.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
The wolf faunus waited a few more moments after the cocky reply, before mentally sighing. Well, worse comes to worse, Shard had good lawyers.

Thrusting forward with the flames trailing behind, the claw is thrown forwards right into Smokey without Lynn herself making a motion. It hits with a heavy weight behind it, before the rush of howling flames quickly follows the physical force, rapidly running over his body with ice forming wherever they touched over his aura, bitter frost biting away at his defences and flash-freezing him with the amount of time she'd had to gather the flames - she'd made them concentrated, mostly designed to quickly freeze than stick to him and slowly wear him down or hitting him full force like she would do to Grimm or serious opponents. She only said she'd punch him as hard as possible, after all, not use all of her strengths on him.

Considering the student out of the fight for at least a good few moments, she turns to Nathan to watch him carefully for a few moments, before turning back towards Smokey. She could finish him right now, or- well, she's meant to make a little bit of a spectacle, at least. It was half the reason she froze him, rather than blasted him full-on with her semblance; letting Nathan have a chance to recover his teammate. The general public would appreciate the display, and the hunters and influencers in the know enough to know the fact she could afford to make a display out of the fight rather than have to quickly end it would be good publicity for where it mattered. She made a few steps towards the frozen student, almost taunting Nathan to try and prevent her halving the team just barely after the fight had already started.

[Semblance-enhanced punch: -40% physical impact, -10% frost damage, flash-freeze effect; -3% aura / -5% semblance expended by Lynn]
[AURA: 97%]
[SEMBLANCE: 95%]

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »
Smokey watched the ominous claw, feeling time tick by, each second feeling like an eon.  In the back of his head, a more rational part of his mind was screaming at him, telling him he's an idiot for wanting to try this, but Smokey has already set the course.  There's no running for him now.  And besides, a more cynical part of him commented, the end result was probably going to be the same regardless.

After a few more seconds, there was finally movement.  The claw rocketed forward with no movement or signal from Lynn herself, and the lack of motion from the wielder almost tricked Smokey into not reacting in time.  It was only his own nerves that allowed him to react at all, but they were just enough to let him do what needed to be done.  Just before the machine made impact, a dark gray glow enveloped Smokey and solidified.  It would do nothing to stop the blow itself, but that's not why he activated his semblance.

Speaking of the blow, it hurt.  It hurt a lot.  Smokey's been hit by a lot of things, including an ice wall, the top layer of a frozen over lake, Grimm claws and fists, a flame thrower, the weapons of other students, his own gun, and a literal fire tornado.  So, it's not small feat when Smokey says that this attack was the hardest hit he's ever taken in his entire career.  It shows, too, as his body flexes from the sheer force of the impact despite being under the effects of his semblance.  He even feels himself slide back a bit!

But Smokey Emberstone is nothing if not resilient, and even after taking a blow that might have left some fully-fledged hunters doubled over in pain, he fights through it in order to accomplish what he set out to do.  As the flaming fist slams into him, Smokey's own arms latch onto the claw, finding whatever purchase they can on the metal limb.  The gunslinger may not be able to bring about the wrath of his armament in this bout, but he's no "one-punch-chump", and his opponent will discover the real reason behind his unreasonable request as well as the nature of his semblance as soon as she tries to retract the claw.

As the frost flames wash over him, Smokey coughs out one sentence to his teammate before he's completely frozen over, "Don't let this go to waste!"  The next thing he knows, it's cold, and he feels ice completely cover his body.  Any light that reaches his eyes is obscured, and he can only guess as to what's happening in his surroundings.  He tries to flex parts of his body, but he's left completely immobilized:  he isn't going anywhere.  Inwardly though, he smirks.  Assuming he was successful in grabbing the claw, Lynn will find herself in much the same predicament.  Hopefully Nathan can use this opportunity.  In the meantime, the only thing Smokey can do now is grit his teeth and hold on.

[Action log:  Activated Immovable Object, Attempted grab on claw]
[AURA: 50% (40% from hit, 10% from frost damage)]
[SEMBLANCE: ACTIVATED!  1ST OF 6 ROUNDS!]
[Conditions:  Completely frozen over, unable to move]

Matchstick:  Unavailable, Smokey is frozen

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »
As the Huntress swings her prosthesis, Nathan manages to take off before the flood of cryogenic fire reaches him. Thankfully, it disspates quickly enough that by the time he touches the ground again, there're only a few flickers left. He had no idea what Smokey was doing, but whatever it was, he was keeping her there from beneath the ice shell.

Working as fast as he can, he takes Ergia out of the harness and switches to gun mode, getting down on one knee to increase his accuracy. While the transformation happens, he takes the time to thank his own happenstance for placing him to the side. Once it's done, he lines up the woman's mass and pulls the trigger, subconsciously hoping for the spray to miss his frozen partner.

[Full-auto assault rifle rounds aimed at the chest-hip area with decent accuracy: 12 rounds per second, 3% per round (feel free to adjust damage to take into account disparity between 1st year and Huntress)(Smokey should get out relatively unscathed bullet-wise)]
[AURA: 100%]
[SEMBLANCE: 100%]
[Ergia: 300 rounds loaded, 1 extra magazine, propulsion reserves 98%]
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
Lynn hums curiously as Smokey holds on to her implant, securing it within the icy cage he was now encased in. Not a bad strategy at all; she was quietly impressed with the kid for coming up with a realistic plan to lower her combat potential with the difference between them. It was still not ideal - certainly, he could have gone other ways around it without resulting in him being frozen and chunked of aura, but nonetheless, it wasn't a terrible idea.

Looking over at Nathan, she simply raises an eyebrow as he drew his weapon. She simply moves the claw in front of herself, the flames intensifying and a thin sheathe of ice forming that the bullets clunked against harmlessly. It was followed up by the flames being released onto the floor, rushing forward despite the lack of any tinder for them to follow, and rushing towards Nathan in several waving patterns, the largest heading right for him and the other two curving around behind.

[Ice block: -1% semblance expended by Lynn, Frostfire attacks: -10% / 5% / 5% frost damage, -5% semblance expended by Lynn]
[AURA: 97%]
[SEMBLANCE: 89%]