Author Topic: Stargazing [Open]  (Read 24327 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Stargazing [Open]
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2018, 02:59:04 AM »
’So you do agree that in specific situations the more direct …modes of protest are if not better at least acceptable? And innocent people suffered in the Faunus Rights Revolution as well, no war is without collateral damage either directly through overly enthusiastic soldiers or indirectly through refocusing of government funds or even the grimm being attracted to all the killing. If intent is what you are wanting to prove then you will never get it, even in a genuinely just court intent is difficult to prove, and I do understand your line of thought, I even empathise, it’s just wrong.’ Calen responded glad the conversation is picking up steam despite Smokey remaining mostly silent. ’Also do you honestly believe that thinking people will take advantage of a group’s outcast nature from society is giving them too much credit but entire kingdoms somehow convincing themselves they aren’t people at all isn’t? Hate and fear motivate racism not ignorance, just like how we once believed women had smaller brains or homosexuality was mostly targeted at children. We had been doing dissections for centuries, we knew there was no serious difference in brain size but the truth doesn’t matter. And yes very well I will bow to your personal experience receiving about racial abuse as long as you bow to mine about giving it, and which do you think is more relevant in this discussion?’ Calen finished making it rather clear that he does or at least did habour some anti-faunus sentiments.

’Oh was I not clear enough? I meant how Beacon allows you to perfect yourself; professors, libraries, that sort of stuff.’ Calen continues to explain himself, a little embarrassed at having misspoke. Taking his place at the shooting range Calen was expecting a difficult question but Prism did quite out do herself, Calen was clearly getting under her feathers. Perfect. ’And I honestly don’t remember who that kid was.’ Calen responded sending his knife into the target as it shot away. ’Sometimes I remember bits and pieces, some specifics but try as I might I can’t know who he was.’ Calen ‘explained’ being a lot more careful with his not directly answering the question this time round. Calen then swapped with Prism in his way to the firing array. ’How do you deal with failure?’ Calen asked keeping his knife out and kept fidgeting with it as their conversation progressed. 
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »
The target shatters in the air before Calen's knife made contact allowing it to fly through freely. Catalina walks in from just inside the firing zone to more closely among the group, having listened in for a while and fired the shot that stole the hit. "Circumvent the element that caused the failure. Oh, am I not supposed to fire before answering the question?"

Cat was not sleeping well, the flight to Amity Colosseum in Atlas for the tourney being so close. So he went here doing some practice and voila, people with an ongoing topic he's really into. "Violence only works when it's self-defense, or it will just perpetuate the myth of danger. The motive behind hate if not personal stems from the feeling of difference. It's the feeling of alienation that provides the fuel of hate and breeds fear of the unknown. They are not one of us, they do not think like us, they value things differently than us. That makes one hate and fear. That's why we hated homosexuality." Cat spoke with disappointment and frustration, having had to deal with people like those he described before. Then it turned to condemnation as he went on, "If it's neither, then it's either spite, which is just not the case for people have enough to worry in their daily lives, or greed. The country did not manage to convince themselves Faunus are just animal because they are stupid or trolls, it's because it works out for them. Keeping the Faunus there in near-slavery provide them with cheap menial labor and plenty of Dust to run their military-industrial complex, it's greed. It makes more money, armies, and technologies. As long as the number ticks up, they will be all to happy to continue. They can't be just convinced or educated, they have to be exposed. Same deal with discrimination of women back in the days. Also, while the court aims for justice, it does not obsess at the truth like maths or science does, just 'good enough to not ask ridiculous questions' will do when it comes to law. There might not be a better substitution, but that is not ideal."

"Now, hello again Calen, and would you please explain how exactly does this game of yours goes?"
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2018, 01:09:26 AM »
“Oh my fucking god.”

The anger bubbling right beneath the surface comes to a boiling point with Prism as she’s interrupted by a total stranger, whirling on her heel to stare him down as the hummingbird physically grows larger - every feather on her wings poofing up, making her appear just that little bit larger. “M’kay, listen to me you random-ass dipshit, who apparently thinks it’s perfectly appropriate to burst in on a conversation between strangers without even bothering to fuckingintroduce yourself. Firstly, violence does not only work in self-defense - for every goddamn faunus that fought not to be confined to some tiny little island off the coast of Mistral, you’re disrespecting a legacy that’s been fought in blood and tears for the necessity of assuring our fucking freedom. Violence in times of oppression is necessary, despite all it’s fucking tragedies. Secondly, you’re both right - hate stems from a combination of ignorance and greed, which tend to combine into this nasty little cocktail of letting people get away with fucking warcrime-worthy exploitation as those in power convince themselves we’re not really people!! That misinformation fucking spreads, rendering entire populations convinced that we’re just animals and painting violent pictures of faunus who simply want to mind their own business -  which leads to further fear and hatred while they take advantage of something they view as just a resource! It’s a self-perpetuating cycle, if y’all haven’t figured that out!” She finishes, stomping her foot in emphasis at the last words. “And what’s this bullshit about hating homosexuality? For fuck’s sake, I’m bisexual! Don’t have your ignorant ass make assumptions like that!”

The hummingbird gives a few angry breaths after the end of her tirade, before an especially deep one gives her the wind she needs to keep going - whirling again to stare down Calen. “Thirdly, you living embodiment of a limp dick who literally just admitted to being racist, I don’t think anybody can really trust your viewpoint on this entire matter, at like, all? You repeatedly dodged questions until I cornered you between your pride and your desire to win, and honestly, I still don’t think you’re telling the truth, since that excuse of yours barely counts as an answer - especially with all those details about how the kid snapped his neck you gave us.”

She stares him down as he asks his question and the target fires. She barely takes her eyes off him to transform her weapon to it’s glaive form with a flick, before swinging it through the air and sending a massive aura crescent flying down the range - slicing the target clean down the middle.

Glancing to see the results of her efforts, the clean slice of the target is satisfying enough her feathers lie flat - but not before pointing the sharp end of her glaive directly towards Cat, sending that glare towards him. “You, introduce yourself.”
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 01:23:54 AM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2018, 11:39:18 AM »
Taking the time to actually listen to the responses, including the strange newcomer’s, had proven to be a very wise choice.  Not only listening, but he also tried to understand the intent behind the words, too.  When Calen had tried to incite Smokey’s anger by bringing his father into a discussion about murder and justice (which is the only reasonable explanation he can think of), the bastard had only succeeded in tipping Smokey off.  There was clearly more to Calen’s intentions than what was said, and “this” game was merely a Freudian excuse.

Unfortunately, that realization might’ve come too late.  Prism, who up to this point had been advocating non-violence and discussion, had snapped and been reduced to shouting, name-calling, and saber-rattling.  Granted, Calen wasn’t the one to set her off, but it was probably only a matter of time before he did.  So, although Prism’s only real crime is describing Calen’s redeeming qualities, she needed to calm down.

Which is why when she points her glaive at Cat, she’ll quickly find the blade pinched between Smokey’s glowing index finger and thumb and unable to move.  ”Yeah, yeah, we get it, you’re big and scary.  How ‘bout we don’t point weapons at people, alright?” Smokey says. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
Calen sighed, breathing hard knowing that he would have to use his semblance twice again to reclaim his knife as it sailed through the now empty air as Catalina had shot the target first, effectively losing him the game. Breathing very hard as he returned Calen was about to introduce Catalina, Prism and Smokey to each other before he was caught rather off guard by Prism’s outburst. If you can’t win, ensure no one else can either. Calen thought to himself echoing a lesson his mother had taught him a long time ago, one which permeated much of Calen’s actions.

’Now who is bringing up their fantasies Prism? But by and large I agree with you, violence shouldn’t be restricted to self-defense, you’ll always be at a disadvantage that way. But it’s meaningless to concern yourself with small-minded racists and ignore the institutions that protect them and encourage them, there will always be bigots just like there are sexist and homophobic people now but without legal actionable power, they will just be noise. as I'm sure you have experienced in your personal life.’ Calen responded simply.

Calen leaned back against the wall, trying in vain to get his breath back. ’Anyway introductions, the person you are pointing your glaive towards is Master Catalina Glenn, the person doing the pointing is Miss Prism Skylark and over here we have Master Smokey Emberstone. But yes a simple game one asks a question then launches the target while the other fires at the target, unable to move until having answered the question. First one to miss three times loses, speaking of which you just cost me my third miss Master Catalina so what is your prize Prism?’ Calen continued as jovially as the exhausted boy could manage. The game had been fun, Calen had learned a lot about his fellows and planted several false seeds in their minds in return, some truths had come out as well but overall Calen thought he had won the informational aspect of the game. Still Calen was happy to continue the questions but the rules of the game had to be obeyed, otherwise, there was no point to these proceedings.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:30:11 PM by Kingnoname1 »

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »

Catalina listened to Prism's explosive response and other's added points. Yeah, right, there's one big deal. "I should make myself clear, I have never subscribed to the idea that homosexual people are somehow different from anyone else bar their preferences. I was trying to use it as one of the examples of how xenophobia can cause racism. As for the situation where violence might be justified, I would have added the defense of and fighting for rights into the list but that opens up another can of worms. For example, what is an oppression? How do you expect to respect someone who killed and/or will likely kill your family to what is essentially furthering their own interests? Because that's how it felt to some of the people whose slaves demanded emancipation. It's not only that what is right, it's also about how people felt. I'm not going to doubt the objective effectiveness of the Faunus Rights Revolution, but it did leave a poor taste in some people's mouth and it's not just the slavers."

"Anyway as Calen said I'm Catalina Glenn, nice to meet you both and sorry for the intrusion Miss Prism, and if you would be so forgiving to let me join with one miss, to give back Calen the fair chance he deserved?" Catalina lightly bowed at the apology. He also spoke in a much more humbled tone then he is on the current issue, because he has something to ask of her: he is interested in joining the game.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
Prism pauses for a moment as Smokey pinches the tip of her glaive, stares for a moment, and then sighs to himself. He’s not wrong - the new guy’s interruption didn’t deserve to have a weapon pointed at him. She tugs the weapon once or twice to at least signal she wants to remove it from the man’s immobile grip, before it’s transforms back into a simple steel box she slings behind her waist. Prism likes to pride herself on her self control, but after getting clocked in the face with a massive gun, listening to a creepy dude imply he knows more about some family’s murder than he should, and probably getting a concussion - well, she’d let her temper get the better of her. She lets Calen respond as she takes a few slow breaths to calm herself down, before starting from the beginning. ”Right, uh. Sorry about that Catalina - Cat? You didn’t deserve to be snapped at, much less have a glaive pointed in your face. It’s been a long night, but that really isn’t an excuse - so, yeah.”

Secondly, Calen - you’re actually right, as much as I hate to say it.” She admits, turning to face him. ”But it’s something that needs to be addressed on both levels. Institutions need to be dealt with in order to assure the perpetuation of classism and racism doesn’t continue, but the education of small-time racist and bigots is still important, because it’s one less person who agrees with those types of values. You can’t have one without the other, because those bigots support and form the institutions. Micro to macro scale and all that. Man, I really shouldn’t be doing doing this with what’s probably a concussion.” She finishes, rubbing at her forehead.

As she finishes her reply to Calen, she turns to Cat again to listen to his next point. She crosses her arms as he begins to speak, talking about the definition of oppression, the “bad taste” the Faunus Rights Revolution left in the mouth of some people, about how the people who enslaved faunus feelings should’ve been considered - and before she can stop them, the words are already leaving her mouth. ”Before we continue - Cat, I’ll put this politely and ask you to reexamine your words. The Faunus Rights Revolution happened so that the rights we earned would be upheld, and so that we wouldn’t be confined to Menagerie. You’re telling me that faunus shouldn’t have fought and rebelled to insure they weren’t isolated for the rest of the world, because they should’ve thought about how humans felt? About how the people who initially enslaved them felt? Because to me, you’re basically stating the faunus shouldn’t have fought back against the mistreatment we endured.”
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:48:14 AM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »
Smokey waits a bit before releasing Prism’s weapon, mostly to make sure she won’t turn around and swing it at him.  It looks like she’s regained her composure, though, at least for the moment, so he deactivates his semblance and watches the gun go back into storage.  Jeez, when has Smokey ever de-escalated a situation?  If he’s having to play the voice of reason, something ain’t right.

And he has an idea of what that something—or rather someone—is.  Smokey looks over at Calen, who is the primary instigator as far as he’s concerned.  Prism may have gotten her feathers unruffled for now, but it’s only a matter of time before he gets everyone riled up again.  Now that he thinks about it, it didn’t matter if Calen’s murder story was true or not:  its sole purpose was to get everyone’s goat.  And Smokey fell for that hook, line, and sinker.  He’s not going to let that happen again easily, though.

Noticing Calen’s condition, an idea pops into Smokey’s head.  ” I think Calen should take the “L” on this one.  He looks like he’s about to pass out,” he says to Cat when he offers to join the game.  Turning to Calen, he adds, ”No offense, you should probably go get some water or something, sit down for a bit.  I ain’t tellin’ ya’ to leave, but it looks like you should sit out this next round.”

As far as the political discussion is concerned, Smokey doesn’t really care.  On one hand, he totally gets the whole “non-violent solution” thing Cat’s going on about.  War kills people and all that.  On the other hand, some people won’t listen till you punch them in the face.  And if someone tried to enslave him, someone would be dead in a ditch.  Still, Smokey doesn’t have a dog in this fight.  The only reason he was riled up before was because he had a sneaking suspicion Calen was involved in a murder.   
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2018, 05:02:02 AM »
Cat doesn't know the full story of Prism's encounters before he showed up, but it would be rude not to accept that explanation. "I understand. I am at least partially at fault after all."

Cat nods to Prism simply stating the obvious solution of 'why not both'. "So, large-scale international social engineering. Diplomatic pressure from the top down and education from the bottom up. On a personal level. refuse purchasing 'blood Dust' and contact your local representative. Join protests and write a blog, or at least share one on the internet. Sometimes it takes just one viral social campaign to change the entire society on the views towards a subject."

Catalina silently inhales as he failed to simply join the game and put the Faunus thing to be a side discussion, but he argues his points nonetheless. "No, you’ve mistaken the conclusion. The Faunus Rights Revolution is fought for equality, not supremacy or extermination. Meaning, after the dust is settled and the rights enforced, you are still going back home, meeting the same people you did before the fighting, sometimes even people you once pointed your gun towards. Dehuman- depersonalization is a strategy favored by war propaganda throughout history, but all it does is let people fight harder, not reconcile their differences and admit where they have done wrong, which was the actual goal back then. If the target is to coexist peacefully and fairly with who you are fighting, then it follows that how the other party feels should be taken into consideration on the peace table. This is also the reason why the 'collateral damage' by 'overly enthusiastic soldiers' is an unacceptable endeavor even in a war of conquest and chemical and biological warfare in no circumstances whatsoever: the aim is to defeat the combatants to achieve gains, not to inflict mass suffering; that would be an absolute atrocity both in humanitarian and utilitarian terms. Therefore allow me to reiterate what I said, that even in an open rebellion such as the Faunus Rights Revolution the feeling of the party you are fighting against is important. For one it can allow the belligerents to reach peace more easily because it is more likely to be acceptable when it's understood that's it's not personal and for another, it avoids leftover tension and resentment when the war is over. Therefore, fight if you have to, but treat your enemies like they are someone you fight because you have to, not some sort of monster that you just throw aside,"

Catalina’s expression turned stern, “And I’m sure you never did this, but never compare a person to the Creatures of-” Cat wanted to finish the sentence but realized what he meant probably goes without saying.

Then he deflates again, “Sorry, but I probably have strawmanned you there. I shouldn’t have implied that you thought the slavers as inhuman.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2018, 05:22:36 AM »
’I appreciate your concern Master Smokey but I can assure you I’m only 60% likely to pass out.’ Joked Calen. Smokey very much had a point, although neither Calen or Prism were in particularly good condition Calen was definitely doing a worse job of hiding that fact. Although suggesting a drink might not have been the best idea as Calen made his way back to the table, stumbling slightly, to retrieve his ‘coffee.’ The alcohol was doing a lot to smooth over the pain Calen was feeling but he knew that would be temporary. It might be a good day to call in sick, he was ahead on school work and there were all sorts of stuff he could get up to in his team’s dorm alone for an entire day.

’I appreciate that Prism but I’m afraid the same can’t be said for myself. Individuals are a symptom, a possibly deadly one sure but again I know the people who hate the Faunus enough to seriously hurt one aren’t likely to be swayed by logic or facts. What education do you think you can provide which will be more impactful than massive institutions which in a very real way control our day to day lives? How many ‘Racists destroyed by facts and logic’ compilations will you need? Hundreds? Thousands?’ Calen argued but clearly not taking it particularly seriously, starting to have a little trouble maintaining eye contact because of his drunkenness although luckily for him at least he words had started to slur. ’Although if you are having trouble with the pain I do have something that might help with that.’ Calen remarked pointing at the second cup of ‘coffee’ Calen had poured which had remained untouched since the time he first offered.

’There are real consequences for every action you are going to ever make in your life Master kitty cat. A people trafficker probably uses at least some of their slave money to better their family but do you think about that if you had the power to bring them in? The issue is there will be consequences by writing a blog or exerting diplomatic pressure if those consequences would prevent your action you would never get anywhere, not that writing a blog would do anything in the first place. Furthermore, people use chemical and biological weapons all the time, what do you think pepper spray is? Liquid plastic? But you are right the slavers shouldn’t be compared to the Grimm, the slavers are far worse.’ Calen remarked his voice rife with condescension as Catalina tries to argue his point. It was an odd position to hold and Calen would be interested in listening to Catalina explain it further but then again there is probably a reason why he hadn’t heard of this even growing up in a family of turbo racists. It’s a bit silly.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »
"Don't drink that, Cat. He's spiked it." Prism answers, letting her weight lean on the staff of her glaive as Calen bumbled his way through another reply. As much as she enjoys arguing politics, doing it barefoot at 4 am with a likely concussion probably wasn't helping her case. Likewise though, she couldn't just let Cat's rather... peculiar take... go unfettered. She had a bit too much pride for that.

"Cat, while your system works fantastically in a vaccuum, you're not thinking realistically." She answers, settling in for the long haul. "Never once in history prior to Greyed War or the Faunus Rights Revolution did humans even think about what the faunus were thinking, or what they felt. What was important was the cheap, easy labor and the debasement of a species that held the same level of intelligence that humans had, in order to retain the power structure they'd grown so fond of. Humans have literally done everything that you've claimed is so unrighteous in the drive to oppress my species - collateral damage by overenthusiastic soldiers, mass slavery, all of that stuff - with the goal of achieving mass gains through inflicting suffering that the absolute last thing the faunus should be focused on is how humanity feels, considering that every inch of freedom we've gained has come at the cost of bloodshed from your species' hands. So like, jesus, dude, we did exactly what you claimed and fought we because we had to, because you guys were the original monsters."

"And Calen's arguing for the sake of arguing now, so he's getting ignored. Prism finishes sighing to herself.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:31 PM »
Once again, it has to be reiterated that Smokey is not particularly politically inclined.  He never really studied the Faunus Rights Revolution, and most of his opinions on Faunus in general had been built from personal experience.  And Smokey's personal experiences consist of fighting and avoiding people.  In short, Smokey does not have a strong opinion on the Faunus one way or the other.

So, the fact that Smokey sees a flaw in Cat's argument does not bode well for his position, though he's not quite sure how to go about pointing it out, especially since Calen and Prism jump on other more relevant issues.  But he can't keep his mouth shut on this one, for some reason, so he starts talking, "So, uh, let me speak from personal experience here.  When I'm fightin' somebody, I don't give a rat's ass about their 'feelings'.  My only goal is to put them down and make sure they don't get back up." he pauses for a bit, thinking about where he's going with his argument.

Eventually, he speaks up again. "If anyone tried to put me in chains, I'd blast 'em faster than you could say 'Beowolf Bait'," he says, his tone deep and serious.  Smokey's never been one for mincing words. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2019, 12:17:48 AM »
Common sense, drink from your own servings and don't leave drinks unattended. So Cat only peeked at the drink once and drank from his own bottle of water.

Cat has to turn his brain gears for a bit before coming up with a response, because they are correct. "I'll take your word for it, Smokey, but what if the person you are fighting is not just some random person? What if it was someone you care about? I am not saying you should fight any less fierce for your freedom, and I won't deny that greed prevented humans from basic morals, not until the Great War and the Faunus Rights Revolution. The absolute last thing the Faunus should be focused on is how humanity feels, but it is a thing both Faunus and Humanity have to go over at some point, simply because we will live together in freedom. But that's not until you have taken back your deserved freedom, whether by force or peace. Is that an acceptable position for you?"

"And no, pepper spray and tear gas are not actually used in wars precisely because they can be classified as chemical weapons, they are only riot control agents for that reason. I'm not sure why you think he's only arguing for the sake of arguing, Prism but I'll say that the people traffickers' families are absolutely taken care of by welfare programs if they are eligible, and I dare say that this money that are wrongly made is put into good use." Cat still feels like he should engage with Calen despite what Prism said, ignoring people is a not a good way to get points across.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:55:40 AM by Siuwa »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »
Calen tutted as Prism continued to technically incorrectly accuse him of spiking the coffee. 'I made the drink and choose to put alcohol in it, that's not spiking that's called having fun, it's unfortunate you are so new to the concept M.. Prism. We should rectify that sometime maybe with a less political topic of conversation.' Calen remarked with a sly smile, personally, there was little more that Calen would like to do than talk about something clearly getting under someone else's skin outside of perhaps fighting but it was clear the topic had lost its appeal to most here. It simply wouldn't do for Calen's ego to be refused and as such, even in his drunk state, Calen was in touch with the undercurrent of the conversation and knew when he had pushed a little too far. Calen did also smile widely as Prism said 'you guys were the original monsters,' in his opinion she was very right.

'Remind me never to get in a fight with you Master Smokey I feel I wouldn't do well with you as an enemy.' Calen laughed and patted Smokey on the pack in response to his perhaps a little overly dramatic sentiment. Not that Calen minded at all, however, prone to flights of overly dramatic sentiment himself it did a lot to form a connection where there might have never been one. 'I think the point everyone is making Master Cat is that all of this worrying about feelings and whatnot come after, a fighter lives in the present not just for their own safety as to avoid distractions but also because in that moment the present is all that matters. And it appears we are in agreement there' Calen intersected hoping at the compromise seemed adequate for all parties involved.

'I never said they were used in war I simply said they were used, if it is wrong to do something in times of war then surely it is also wrong to do it in times of peace... or civil unrest because obviously there has to be a reason to use the chemical weapons in the first place. My point was that there are circumstances in which we allow the deployment of chemical weapons and most of us don't question it despite all knowing it is a war crime. Perception of right and wrong have as much to do with how well someone can keep themselves ignorant of the subject matter and said consequences as they have with genuine morality.' Calen answers Cat in a much more straight forward manner than he normally does.

Calen laughed a bit at Prisms accusation that he was simply arguing for the sake of arguing, she was right of course but sometimes being right meant very little if everyone else was wrong. 'You aren't entirely correct Prism but there is definitely a grain of truth there. I am simply involving myself in the conversation to be polite rather than any genuine interest on the matter. But it does seem to be a topic that is drawing out a fair amount of aggression, that isn't always a bad thing of course but it isn't the best at four am and me being the only one drunk, perhaps a topic change is in order?' Calen asked happy to let the conversation slip back into less dramatic topics in the suspicions on him also lessen,