Author Topic: A coincidental befriending[Closed]  (Read 2371 times)

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
A coincidental befriending[Closed]
« on: November 16, 2018, 09:12:23 AM »
Catalina grabs his food tray and proceeds towards one of the tables. He can hear people whispering. Whispering about him, his perfect match against poor Michael. It's not all positive; It's merely a sniper staring down a relatively slow-moving tank, after all. That being said it did nothing to deduct from the fact that Cat just accomplished one of the great feats in the Vytal Festival tournament, although not as impressive as winning the entire thing.

From his seat he a girl catches his eyes. Not because he finds her attractive, em, especially attractive, but because he recognized her as one of the other competitors. What does she use? A lever-action sniper and a hammer. Interesting, isn't that mostly the same as Take That!? What's her Semblance? Lassos, I could make one of those. In fact, doesn't she just had their match? Yeah, she won, 92% to... oh. Blair forfeited. What was our team leader thinking? Wait, didn't I... Yes. Yes, yes I did. That's incredible. How can we be so similar without meeting once?

Now that he gets intrigued, and seeing her not having a seat, Catalina waved his hand signaling her to sit with him.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

L-Money

• View Profile
Re: A coincidental befriending[Closed]
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:44:40 PM »
Billy takes her food tray from the line and looks around. It had been a fun match against Blair though, Billy only won through Blair’s disqualification. Billy knew not to get all high and mighty with this win, tempting as it was.

A waving hand drew her from her thoughts and brought her back to the food court. She recognized him somewhat. Beacon kid. Made it to round two like her. She doesn’t recall ever talking to him before. Why was he waving her down?

She looked around to make sure it was her he was waving down, then went to go sit down with him.

“Hey. Beacon right?”  She asked in her southern Vacuo drawl. “I saw your fight. Nice use of dust rounds. I don’t think I caught your name, stranger?”
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:08:06 PM by L-Money »
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:19:24 AM »
"Maybe you could double check that fight. I made sure I did before talking with you. Anyways, Catalina. Call me Cat. And yes, Beacon. Although who apart from Aca isn't..." Cat smiles when replying.

"Anyways, I wanted to comment on your weapon. Hammer/sniper hybrid? Because that's my loadout as well, but the hammer isn't pointy and the sniper is semi-automatic. What is your idea behind it? Honestly, my Semblance is versatile enough that I never had to change my weapon around it. I just use it as a supplement to my melee. How do you what does your semblance help, in melee or in sniping?" Cat first offered some information in hopes of getting intelligence in return. However, he did not asked those questions out of any strategic planning or desire to gain an advantage, but genuine interest from similarity.

Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 11:27:50 PM »
Who did he think he was? Asking her to double check a fight just to get his name. Billy’s smile drooped for a moment as her eyebrows furrowed. She placed her smile back on and tried to be polite. Then he asked her about her load out. She hesitated for a moment weighing the options of telling him in her head before thinking screw it and telling him.

“Nice to meet you Cat. Well, my semblance is relatively short ranged so I usually use it for mele and to trip up an opponent. I don’t have that many tricks I can do with it yet, but I’m working on trying to strengthen it so I can use it to pull me towards a target instead of the other way around. It’s cool that we have the almost the same hammer/snipers. What inspired you to make yours that way?”

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:04:07 AM »
Judging from her reaction, Cat really has overestimated himself when making that comment. He thought being in the 16s rounds means that he would have some recognition. Apparently not, not even from people who are supposed to encounter him in a match. That reminds him; he should probably watch the fights in round 2 as well.

"A lasso is fairly useful though. I suggest you train to have finer control over it and a longer range. It can increase your aptitude in multiple fields, including offense, defense, and mobility. Training your strength is still a step in the right direction nonetheless, allowing you to actually pull off the maneuvers instead of as you said, pulling yourself towards doom. As for my design philosophy, it is a hammer because at the time of it's conception heavy hits are favored over several small ones, and I asked for the holes in it because flamethrower makes for a decent AoE and gives a thrust that offsets it's generally low attack speed. It's the same deal with the sniper form in that it produces hard, somewhat slow attacks. My idea of using it is to either snipe you down from a hidden position or shove the gun in your face and perform gun katas."

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 12:09:05 AM »
Billy’s looked uncomfortable when talking about her semblance, but she started to light up as the conversation moved on to weapons.

“Gunkata you say? I’m surprised anyone can wild a sniper rifle fast enough to do any gunkata. Then again, you do have a rocket to propel it faster through the air so, that makes since. My style is like yours with the lay low and snipe, but instead of gunkata, I’m more or less perfecting the art of the quick draw. I reload faster with the lever action and if you’re going to have to reposition after every shot anyways if your sniping might as well reposition reloading the way you like. I’m all for the heavy hits too.

She became a bit more quiet and shy as she brought up the next part of the conversation.

Oh and to answer your earlier question about the thought process for my weapon. A uh... teacher of mine, well more of a mentor, showed me how to shoot with a gun like it. Before that I had been using pistols and had no control of my aim. Then I needed something for melee and when I flipped my gun around to start hitting things with it, the idea to make the hammer came into being. ”

She laughed as if a funny memory popped into her head. She then looked a bit sad as she reminisced.

“Do you have any mentor or teacher stories?” She asked absentmindedly.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 07:44:54 PM »
Catalina took some time to gather himself and recall before answering.

"Signal has great teachers. One of them is always barely sober but is so impressive when we get to see her skill just once. She's plain cool but usually isn't too good at teaching... How about this one. One time she hid a Grimm and told us whoever lands the killing blow on it gets bouns marks. It was a Beowolf and much of us infought over it. I sniped it."

"But that's all I got. Your turn. Is your teacher eccentric?"

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 10:11:44 PM »
“My teacher? Eccentric? No not really. He was very tough on me but in a nice way. With the constant threat of grimm where we were, I had to learn how to fight pretty fast. I remember once I was almost surrounded by grimm and he was about to step in, but I was being stubborn and told him to shut it. He did and I ran out of ammo but I was too stubborn to ask for help still. Keep in mind, this was before I had my own weapon and I had to practice with a normal lever action rifle. So I started hitting the last grimm with the butt of the rifle, until he came over and asked if I needed help and I finally said yes.”

“I was pretty stupid back then, but it was one heck of a learning experience.” She looked at Cat straight in the eye. “He also taught me not to give away all my secrets.”  She held his gaze for a moment and then went back to a more casual tone. “So, tell me, what else do you want to talk about anything other than weapons and semblances?”

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 08:52:26 AM »
Cat listened carefully and let out a sigh when she refused to talk more about the thing that started the conversation in the first place. "Sure. Let's talk about our team. No, wait, my team rarely gets together... How about life in Beacon? Are there any secret chill places you go to that you can share? I know a place where I am pretty well left alone, and some other place for cheap Dust, and more importantly use Faunus labor ethically. Nothing like the half-slavery the SDC puts them into."

Catalina appears thoughtful for a moment as he finds another topic he's interested in. "In fact, let's go deeper on that! How do you think Faunus racism is caused, how are those ideas spread, and how can it be eliminated? Personally, I have a few ideas that I've bounced off of other humans and Faunus, so I'd like to gather more points of view."