Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Viridian V Eddy[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 22679 times)

Marticus

• View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Viridian V Eddy[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
Viridian got to the edge of the water and stopped. No way he was gonna try to traverse that. "Eddy, I don't know if you've realised, but I'm over here! I thought I told you not to be boring!". Viridian punctuated this by using his semblance to send a blast of aura at Eddy, by stabbing Pleiades at him (10%).

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    Currently wish brick was a gender option XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
Seeing the attack Eddy danced out of the way with ease and he laughed loudly before shouting "I DON'T THINK YOU'RE TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY! IF YOU MEAN TO END THIS YOU WONT BE DOING IT FROM DOWN THERE!", his grin grew as he held out his hand to Viridian in invention "Climb aboard and fight.", none of the cold winds nor the freezing ship below him seemed to affect him in anyway at all other then chill the steady breath in front of him.
Characters: ShowHide
BEACON
Kale Bomvu "Ready, set, boom." -Third year explosives expert
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--
Eddy Midori"You're never ready for me."-- First year Cocky Monk
Alice Kasshoku/Schwarz -- "You just need to chill."-- active huntress

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »
"Or, you could man up and come back down here". Viridian was tired of Eddy's nonsense, and decided to go and retrieve Pleiades scabbard from where it fell into the snow.

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »
Eddy smile grew as his plan fell into place Viridian started walking away and Eddy launched himself to the icebergs again making his way back to land and just in time his hands started glowing once more but this time a sword and shield, he sprinted towards Viridian with inhuman speed and went for a double cross strike (7% each) followed by a leg sweep (2%)

Aura 80%
BEACON
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 01:49:15 PM »
Why do they always think that because you aren't looking at them, you're vulnerable?, Viridian smirked as he bent down to pick up his scabbard just as Eddy performed his cross strike, causing it to miss. What Viridian didn't have an answer for, however, was the sweep kick, and down he went. But not for long, as he rolled onto his back and threw his legs up, throwing himself to his feet, adding in a strike from the scabbard (4%) to keep Eddy at bay, before spinning and slashing at Eddy's chest with Pleiades itself (9%).

Aura=74%

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 06:59:32 PM »
Eddy didn't see the scabbard in time and took it to the chest but got his shield up just in time to deflect Viridians sword, Eddy caught his breath for a second and counter it with a shoulder charge (6%) along with a slash to his side (1%).

Aura 76%
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 01:19:48 AM »
Viridian used the deflection of his sword to spin out of the way of the shoulder charge, but still took the slash across his back. In return, he hopped forward and countered with his own slash (7%) to Eddy's back and fired a kick (2%) into his legs to overbalance him.

Aura=75%

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 02:38:48 AM »
(OOC: Aura should be 73 not 75... sorry OCD)

To any skilled fighter it was painfully obvious that Eddy was either poorly trained or dumbing himself down, because as Viridinians sword came across it was met with the ringing sound of metal on metal, he had blocked the shot yes but left himself exposed to anything including Viridians kick which knocked Eddy to the ground and he started laughing with his eyes closed "I told you you're not ready for me."

Eddy suddenly flipped over so he was now on his stomach and it seemed he started to breakdance until without warning Eddy delivered two low sweeping kicks (5%+knockdown/off balance), followed by a kick to the groin deploying his blade if it connected (10%+intense pain(possibility of no children))

Aura 74%
BEACON

SHADE

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 07:20:23 AM »
(OOC: I'd think that I'm able to attend all of the matches from looking at the show)
"Oh come on!" Catalina called out, "Yet another nut shot? Huntsmen and huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, and that… let's just throw honor out of the window for now, and this is still very apathetic of you. You're a male, Eddy, you should know what how much that hurt." He's really frowned. And I swear, if this hits and and the players laughs, I'm gonna tear them apart when I meet them in the tournament. Figuratively."
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
(OOC: Yeah, my bad. Made the post in a rush and forgot to check it when I got home)

Viridian knew better than to stick around when Eddy started laughing and spinning like a good damn loon. He leaped back to a safe distance and used his semblance to send a vertical slash at Eddy. "Eddy, no one was ready for how stupid you look spinning like that".

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 10:18:54 AM »
Arturo Chanson looked down at his scroll, watching the live broadcast of the match from the comfort of his hotel's easy chair. This Eddy Midori, how disappointing...he was supposed to be one of the up and coming martial artists to replace him when he retired? Undeniably, the boy was skilled, this duel showed that much. But he disagreed with the columnists comparing their respective merits at the same age. Arturo had never been so confoundingly cocky, and while always giving any spectators a good show, had never pandered to them.

It was childish, really, a minor but noticeable stain on the aura of sportsmanship and camaraderie the Vytal Festival was meant to cultivate. For shame, Mr. Midori, for shame. At least he wasn't the other candidate the papers were talking about for inheriting the Chanson "crown"...

Besides, hadn't Midori harassed Cheri, Miss Acacia, and Mr. Hong the day before Beacon's Fall Semester? He was certain of it. Wonderful, the rogue was a ruffian as well. Arturo snorted derisively. This was a far cry from the Vytal Tournaments of yesteryear, if the competitors were any indication.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:21:37 AM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 12:54:01 AM »
Eddy seemed to get offended by that and after dodging the semblance slash he seemed to get into the rythem of a music only he could hear and he started his ginga but his feet and body moved much faster as he also moved towards Viridian. As he moved his eyes locked with Viridians body the whole time and as his right leg and arm moved back his hand snapped down grabbing his whip once again lashed out for the weapon or even his arm (2%+wrapped arm or disarm), even if it didn't land he was ready for whatever Viridian could throw at him.

Aura 74%
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 04:12:39 AM »
"Okay, you're just gonna keep doing that. Great. Course I got matched against the idiot" Viridian muttered as Eddy shuffled towards him. Throwing up his scabbard to block Eddy's whip, he spun it around so the whip was wrapped around the scabbard, and pulled throw Eddy off balance and towards him, while stabbing forward with Pleiades (9%)

Aura=72%

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 09:35:43 PM »
Instead of throwing him off balance he used it along with his momentum to leap forward and flip over both Viridian and his sword, as he passed Viridians head his leg swung down  delivering a heel kick to his back if connected the boot blade would shoot out causing even more damage (10% 5 for the kick & 5 for the blade)
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
Viridian pulled on the scabbard to change Eddy's angle so the kick merely clipped his shoulder, and flipped his sword around in his hand and stabbed back with it (7%) in a strike aimed for Eddy's thigh.

Aura=69%