Author Topic: Subsurface Sightseeing [Closed]  (Read 17001 times)

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Subsurface Sightseeing [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 01:23:49 AM »
A few whirring sounds were heard, and a large circular part of the room that they were standing on began descending downwards. "Technically, yes. You only saw the foyer though."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:27:16 AM by Asterisk »

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:29 AM »
"I may need to make a few adjustments to the hidden lever mechanism, but otherwise , this bunker is proving to be an incredible resource for my uses," Enz commented as they descended deeper into the underground complex.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 03:31:06 AM »
Stella smiled, "Of course." As they descended, a small monkey wearing a lab coat was seen climbing down the wall before leaping off onto Stella's shoulder, making a few angry-sounding chattering noises before quieting down. "Jack! Glad to see you've finally decided to get off the ship... Oh, are you unhappy that I went ahead without you?" The monkey softly screeched and nodded. "Well, maybe you shouldn't have vomited all over my plane then. Asako is cleaning it up right?" The monkey screeched and nodded once again. Smiling, she looked at Enz while scratching it under the chin and said, "Yeah, this is my pet monkey Jack. He wouldn't stop whining unless I let him come along but he still hasn't gotten accustomed to hypersonic flight yet. He'll come in handy for something later on." Jack blew a raspberry at Enz before affectionately wrapping his tail around the back of Stella's neck and picking through her plum-scented hair to see if there were any tasty insects to eat. After being unsuccessful, he attempted to flatten her hair with his paw back to how it was before and perked up as with a sudden bump, the platform reached the bottom, which was about 200 feet down. Stella walked out as a row of wall-lights immediately lit up. "And here we are. The belly of the beast."

Floor Plan: ShowHide

[spoiler=First (Top) Floor]

Second (Bottom) Floor: ShowHide

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:12:29 AM by Asterisk »

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 12:54:46 AM »
Enz flicked the raspberry off of his clothing and walked around the first chamber, taking in the dimensions and then immediately continuing into the second area with the hallway and door off to the left. "This whole place is more expansive than I had gathered from the maps you sent me. I take it the underground lake is past here?" Enz said, pointing down the hallway.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 11:14:30 PM »
"Yes, it is." Walking to the end of the hallway, the stone circle rotated back and forth a few times before withdrawing into the floor. Past the doorway was a bridge with a lake a few meters under and glowing mushroom growing along the walls. "After deploying scanner drones, including submersibles under the water surface, I have detected no entrances into this area, so it should be safe from discovery."

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 12:02:58 AM »
"I could make good use of this chamber," Enz commented as he walked up and down the bridge's length. "An isolated underground lake is a rare find; they're usually connected to a cavern system of some sort. The people who built this place sure got lucky. On a side note, are there any grimm in the water?" Enz said.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
"Either they're lucky, or they're the ones who made it. For some reason or another. Perhaps someone forgot to close the door or something during high tide. And no, there are no Grimm in the water."

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 10:29:34 PM »
"Then at worst, this bridge is simply an excellent choke point for defense against enemies. And at best..." Enz trailed off and then moved to the far door. "Let us continue," he said and then opened the door and gestured for Stella to go ahead of him.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 11:39:17 PM »
"Let us continue." Walking through the door, Stella made her way through the area until they reached another circular room, two curved one-inch deep pools of water in the floor.  In the middle stood a black monolith with what looked like a closed red eye on it as well as two pedestals on either side in spaces in the wall. "Jack, do the thing I taught you." The monkey nodded and stepped into the water. Immediately, the monolith's eye opened and it turned towards Jack as multiple red designs glowed. As Jack walked in a 90 degree circle to the right, the monolith followed until a grating sound was heard. He then turned around and walked the opposite direction 180 degrees back around the monolith until the red eye was staring at the other pedestal. The entire room shook with a louder grating sound before stopping. Jack then just sat there with his feet in the pool. "Just as you predicted, Asako," Stella said before continuing around the monolith into the opposite end of the room.

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 12:14:37 AM »
"Hmm, a... lock, of some sort. Hardly an efficient method of security, but I believe it does add an extra level of protection to the complex. Correct?" Enz asked as he followed Stella to the other end of the room.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 12:27:46 AM »
"To be honest, this was my first time using it. There is a corridor with the library entrance on the next level but directly under this floor, scanners have picked up empty space below this room, but I haven't been able to gain access to it my during my previous expedition until we solved the puzzle. So I'm rather curious as to what will be in there." Continuing to walk through the corridor, she turned right and headed down some stairs before being met with a now open doorway to an enormous circular room with a bunch of metal objects hanging from the ceiling. "Now, what is this... Library is to the left by the way, I've already transferred the books including all the hidden ones. Just call if you want to have a read."

Bottom Circular Room: ShowHide

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
Enz's left eye darted around the room, quickly taking in dimensions and crunching numbers. After a few seconds, Enz had a guess as to how it worked. "Assuming the green crystalline objects are meant to refract light, then this could be some primitive form of calendar," Enz theorized and began walking around the room, inspecting the room's contents. "And yes, I would like to read anything you might have removed from the library."

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »
"You should, there's some rather interesting things in those books. For instance, I was particularly intrigued about an experiment which discovered that fuels from the remains of living things in the past, while far less efficient than Dust, does not lose its energy when exiting Remnant's atmosphere." As she said this, she looked around the room. "Quite interesting. They've constructed a small mirror system that allows sunlight in from outside. Now, I wonder what these do..." In front of them were five devices with a spherical button. Pushing one, the objects rotated around the room as the center crystal opened to show a mirror. "Hmmm..." Pushing another button, the devices swiveled again, focusing thin beams on the center crystal, which closed. She tried the other buttons which produced similar results except for the last button, which reset the entire device. "I see, so you were correct about the refraction part. The goal of this... dungeon mini-game is to create a light refraction pattern that is projected to the center. However, when you manage to focus the light to the center, the mirror closes. So one has to figure out the combination to focus the refracted light to the center while keeping the mirror open. Would you like to give it a shot, or do you want to just do it the, ah,  manual way?"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:44:20 PM by Asterisk »

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 01:13:13 AM »
"In the interest of preserving the mechanism, I believe we should try and solve the puzzle the way it was intended. That said, I may deem the value of the mechanism less than the possible value of what it reveals," Enz replied and began trying different combinations on the buttons. Fuel that doesn't loose its effectiveness outside of remnant's atmosphere. Hmmm, Enz thought and bookmarked the idea on the interface of his left eye.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 05:25:20 PM »
As Enz pushed the buttons, he somehow managed to press the right combination, as the lens swung to the right position and from the mirror, a thin beam of light was projected onto the wall behind them displaying a map of Remnant with a curved line leading from the Sunkissed Sands to where they are currently. "Ah, a map. Looks like some sort of shipping route. Do you have any idea what they may have been transporting from there? "
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 05:28:24 PM by Asterisk »