Author Topic: Hunt across the Savannah  (Read 10029 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Hunt across the Savannah
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:33:10 AM »
As the team makes their way to their destination in a durable but hardly flashy four-wheel drive a briefing plays through their scrolls. It is read by reasonably well known Mistrali Huntsman, Sam Copper, who has more or less been given charge over the extended operation to find the Dustsmith. Sam has been trailing the Dustsmith for years now and has a considerable well of experience for the matter. He stays on the line for any questions.

++++++++++++’We think we have the Dustsmith penned in an area of several thousands of square miles. It’s smaller than was it could have been but it’s still a lot of ground to cover and it will need to be done subtly. The area you will be operating in is full of thick rolling savannah grasslands, hardy trees hardier people. They don’t like outsiders who haven’t proven themselves but that rage is somewhat justified, it’s hard to defend against Grimm in these areas so they keep their communities small hoping to slip unnoticed by the roving packs. When that fails, as it often does, they can only rely on each other. Semi-nomadic these groups slowly make their way around the savannah eking out a living and meeting up with them would be a good start. It might be worth keeping your true goals hidden, for now, pretend to be from one of the other groups instead. As well as the whole issues with outsiders I mentioned before this is a time-sensitive mission and although it may be difficult to ignore pleas for help we should try to treat the disease, not the symptoms.

As I was saying there is a large Grimm presence in the area, nothing that should trouble you guys too much but it is always worth being on the lookout for. But more importantly, of course, is the Dustsmith themselves, a confrontation is not unlikely but they are unlikely to be alone, fanatics they have recruited or constructs they have made are going to be dangerous to go up against and you are authorised for lethal force, I’ll deal with any fallout. It is also possible that the Dustsmith has gifted weapons to these tribes in return for favours, it’s imperative that these weapons are destroyed as quickly as possible, if they fall into the wrong hands there is no telling what damage they could do. I know it may seem unfair to strip these people of their weapons but they are far more likely to make them a target for far more organised threats than the Grimm.’+++++++++++++

The large but consistent hills are eaten up quickly by the four-wheel drive ensuring a relatively smooth ride. Early in the morning, the heat hadn’t picked up too much but it would become very oppressive and little relief was in sight with not a single cloud in the sky. There didn’t look like there was any life on the planes but the occasional rustle in bushes and pairs of red eyes glowing from the trees warned of the danger that lay just beneath the surface. To emphasise this not far in the distance a thick smoke cloud started rising, wrong time of day for a bonfire and even then the thick black smoke wouldn’t come from any kind of wood.

The smoke was drifting from somewhere within the search area and although it’s unlikely for the Dustsmith to remain behind even if they where there at all there still might be clues or something to make the teams disguise more convincing. Further in the distance more plumes of smoke came into view, as it became increasing clear that the situation was worse than expect and was rapidly getting worse.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt across the Savannah
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 01:39:06 AM »
The cloaked huntsman had spent the majority of the trip in complete silence, potentially asleep. He only seemed to stir once information started coming in on his scroll.
"So in short, try to disarm any hostiles and don't let anyone know why we're here?"
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:43:11 AM »
Siu wore her trademark robes, the one made of silk and that have big long sleeves, making her look just like a mage out of a children's fantasy book. It is also quite comfortable, with little airholes allowing it to 'breathe' which is consistent with the advertisements, perhaps surprisingly. There's only one problem: it is kind of very noticeable.

She did bring her other set of clothes, and those would have been just fine for blending in, and she had no qualms just changing into it on spot, but it is thicker and thus hotter and she figures this wouldn't be a short mission despite being on a clock, so conserving stamina is important.

The summation made by her teammate is not entirely accurate, but she's sure Sam will correct him on that. Instead, Siu plays her usual role of scouting ahead. "Should I send a dragon ahead to check that out?" She asked pointing at the pillars of smoke.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 01:12:04 AM »
When she first heard she’d be undertaking a mission alongside two fully-licensed huntsmen, Aurelia couldn’t help but be a bit excited. She’s still only in training, after all, so she jumped on the opportunity to work in the field on an actual mission like this.  However, when she heard the words “authorized for lethal force”, she realized just how dire this situation might be.  This isn’t a vacation, nor is she here to “shadow”.  She can’t afford to be a burden here.  But will she be prepared to take a life if the need arises?

The huntress-in-training shakes her head.  Now’s not the time for doubts, she’ll have to rely on her training. 

Clad in shining silver armor, Aurelia is also very noticeable, and that’s a huge understatement.  She practically glitters under the sunlight.  If Siu looked like a fantastical mage, then Aurelia was the knight to go with it.  If she summoned Noble Steed, she’d probably stand out even more, so subtlety is probably out of the question. 

Though, if the people of this savanna valued strength, the cavalier is more than confident she could earn their trust.  Looking about, the horse faunus can see why she was picked for this mission in particular: an open plain is ideal for her style of battle.  Frankly, while she knows overconfidence is deadly, Aurelia would consider herself a match for any huntsman in this environment. 

Now’s not the time for hypotheticals, though, and as plumes of smoke come into view, Aurelia begins to steel herself for the events to come.  ”If you can scout the area, please do.  We may already be in for a fight,” she responds to Siu.  In the meantime, she switches Dusk into its rifle form and scans the area for anything that might pop out at them. 

She debates channeling her semblance now, but Aurelia ultimately decides to wait until the team is approximately 20-30 seconds out from the first plume of smoke.  The horse is fast, but the vehicle is probably a bit faster and she’d rather not fall behind this early. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:03:29 PM »
’The main objective is to find and isolate the Dustsmith but yes if you are able to disarm and remain unnoticed it would be beneficial to future missions. Of course, if you are capable of capturing the Dustsmith here and now we won’t need future missions.’ Sam Copper responds coldly. ’Your line to me is encrypted but no encryption is perfect and even the existence of an encrypted communication line could cause suspicion so I would recommend keeping your calls back to base to a minimum. Now, unfortunately, there are other briefings I need to run so best of luck out there and keep your eyes peeled. The Dustsmith is a dangerous threat so don’t be cautious about bringing in backup.’ With that Sam’s voice cuts out leaving only the dull droning of the car and the occasional tune hummed by the driver.

’There are some thick robes in one of the cases back there, might be a bit uncomfortable in the heat but they actually do a lot to keep the hot air from reaching you as well as protecting you from sunburn. Honestly, it’s the sunburn that would dehydrate you more than sweat as well as it will also keep the sun off your armour Aurelia.’ The driver pointed out as she turned around to face the other members of their impromtu team, Aurelia could immediately recognize her. Saffron was wearing a dark blue saree as well as a fair amount of gold jewellery but rather than her normal fire dust fractals to deal will Atlas’s cold there was light blue frost dust to deal with the heat. ’So I’ve ran into Aurelia before and although I’ve read both of your files it’s still polite to introduce yourself, My name is Saffron nice to meet everyone, what is everyone else's name?’ Saffron remarked as she turned back around to keep her eyes on the road. It was still reasonably open but there was no reason to take unnecessary risks and it allowed her to turn towards the smoking wreckage.

If Siu did end up sending one of her dragons out to scout the surroundings the dragon would find small pockets of Grimm in a pretty wide radius around the vehicle but they seemed to be keeping their distance for now. When it gets closer to the source of the smoke that isn’t the case any more. A caravan, former caravan more precisely had been completely guttered by the creatures of Grimm with some still stalking around the ruined and burnt out shells trying to force their way inside. The remaining Grimm forces numbered around a couple dozen and don’t look like they would put up a considerable threat to the huntsmen. Saffron does her best to accelerate towards wreck caravan unless one of the other members of their impromptu team says anything but it still looks like they would be a couple of minutes away.

’So, what’s the plan?’ Saffron asked. Normally a leader of her own team Saffron would normally be expected to come up with the plan but she was unexpectedly happy that obligation was no longer hers. With two far more experienced hunters, Saffron would be comfortable letting them take the lead even if it only looked like one of them just woke up. Obviously, she wanted to help anyone she could but her Atlas training had encouraged her to look at the bigger picture, they needed infomation. It would do more good than saving a few lives but it was going to be a difficult topic to bring up given Atlas’s negative reputation and Saffron didn’t want to add to it. For now, she kept her opinions to herself and focused on the road. The shrubbery and trees were getting more sparse leading to a mostly open forest plain.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:06:10 AM »
"Yeah. that'll fucking happen." Cerulean muttered under his breath with a smile at the comment about calling for backup before casually pocketing his scroll.
"Names Cerulean Steel." he responded to the comment from their driver. Under the asumption the scouting effort had been done and relayed he would relay his plan.
"shouldn't that be obvious? we go and help them. we're huntsmen aren't we? Also if we're lucky they could be locals and we can earn some trust."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 07:00:37 AM »
"Siu. Siu Ceong." She gave what the driver asked for, clear and concise. Well, not as concise as possible-which Siu noted and makes the effort to maximize information accuracy in her scouting report, which has actual significance to the mission.

"A caravan in the aftermath of a Grimm attack. packs encircle the caravan at range and then another pack hovering around the wreckage. Numbers in the dozens." Siu said as she swiped her hand upwards, directing her dragon upwards to get an overview for the Grimm composition and a guess at the origin of the convoy. That information might be useful in deciding wherever their attack is linked to anybody, especially when matched with the testimony of the survivors. If there are any survivors.

"If we're unlucky they'd be too dead to provide enough information. But just the prospect of having anyone there makes it worth going. Not only because they need saving, but also because of their familiarity with this turf. At worse, we can take a look at their remains and maybe call in the cleanup team to give them a proper burial." Siu took a guessed at Saffron's concern and spelt out an explanation hopefully convincing enough for her. Now she waits after retrieving her dragon, she can't afford to waste Aura for no reason.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 03:45:46 PM »
 Aurelia rummages through the cases at Saffron’s suggestion, donning the robes as soon as she finds them.  There’s an almost immediate difference in the amount of light as the shiny armor is covered, reducing glare considerably.  On top of being able to blend in a bit better, her compatriots might be able to look at her now without squinting.  ”Most appreciated, Miss Saffron” she nods in thanks. 

As she listens to Siu’s scout report and the group’s intention to help the caravan, Aurelia chimes in, ”It seems we’re all in agreement.  In that case, I have a suggestion.  You said there were dozens, correct?  That number shouldn’t be a problem for us, but it will be a problem for any survivors.  It’ll take us a bit of time to mow through them all, and any time we waste means less chance of survivors.  Our first priority should be to divert their attention.”

Aurelia waits for a bit to make sure that A) she hasn’t said anything the hunters disagreed with and B) she hasn’t lost anyone in her explanation before continuing, ”Of course, to divert the Grimm, we’ll need bait.  That’s where I come in.”

She continues, ”My semblance allows me to create an aura construct in the form of a horse.  It’s very eye-catching, and simply summoning it will probably grab a few of their attentions.  My plan is to charge into the fray and force the Grimm to chase after me.  Once I’ve gotten the majority of the pack to follow me, we can use both this vehicle and my mount to herd them into a small ball, turning them into little more than fish in a barrel.  Any stragglers still harassing the caravan should be few in number and easily dealt with by a single person.”  Her plan does pose some risk to herself, but Aurelia’s certain she can force her way through with brute strength, then keep out of harm’s reach with Noble Steed’s natural speed.  Besides which, she may still be a student, but neither of the fully-trained hunters are wearing heavy armor.  Thus, it simply makes the most sense that she be the one who charges in first. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 06:29:40 AM »
Saffron opened her mouth to respond but decided against it. She had floated the idea that they would save more people staying focused on the mission but it was clear that she was the only one, however sick it would make her feel, willing to push that to it’s the logical conclusion. Still, it didn’t seem they would be diverting too much. Not knowing exactly how Aurelia’s semblance operated, although she had seen it in action somewhat, Saffron slowed down their car a little bit and opened the door closest to Aurelia to let the horse Faunus jump out without slowing everyone else down. She was also a bit worried about Cerulean’s comments on calling for backup but if things came down to that Saffron was sure someone else with a more level head would step up.

As Aurelia got close to the ruined caravan it was clear that her mount was definitely drawing the attention of the Grimm. Howls and snarls accompanied the thunderous rain of hooves, claws and legs as a whole host of different kinds of Grimm charged after Aurelia and her particularly sparkly unicorn. As fast as the horse Faunus and her unicorn could move it only took a minute before the first of the Grimm reached Aurelia. As the huntress-in-training had said before they weren’t in large enough numbers the truly threaten her at least before the rest of them arrived and the horde knew this. Targetting the unicorn Grimm threw themselves at it with characteristic ferocity, blindly focused on bring Aurelia down to their level and pinning her until the rest of the pack could get there.

Saffron gritted her teeth as the first wave of Grimm hit Aurelia, she had seen the horse Faunus in action before and was confident she could handle herself her but it still didn’t sit right with her letting someone else risk their life and not her. ’I’ll start hemming the Grimm in from behind, how close do I need to get for every to get some hits it? I need to get pretty close myself but we could hang back further if we wanted to play it safe.’ Saffron asked holding up her shotgun/hatchets and they quickly picked up speed, racing ahead of Aurelia and behind the advancing Grimm. There were a lot of targets and it’s not like the car had any aura protection of its own but as long as the team remained focused they shouldn’t have any trouble dispatching the waves of Grimm.

Several loud blasts went off as Saffron let her shotguns bark into the writhing swarm of Grimm, ice and wind dust blossomed after each impact doing what they could to keep the horde at bay while also clearing a path for Aurelia to continue her distraction. Free from their attackers the impromptu group of hunters could see a few survivors making their way out of the wreckage, carefully watching the fight unfold to see if it was safe to stay or if they should get a start on fleeing. ’So… er… has anyone thought of a good cover story?’ Saffron asked significantly out of breath as she saw the survivors. Driving was not usually such an exhausting activity but all these hairpin turns dodging Grimm and getting into position for her own shots were taking a toll.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 08:41:29 AM »
Cerulean listened in on the plan presented. "Sounds good to me. I'll deal with the stragglers. I fight better solo anyway."
As the battle started Cerulean put Takif together in it's halberd form and climbed out the side of the vehicle one hand gripping Takif and the other gripping the car with his feet braced against the door.
"Forget about me for now and focus on yourself." Cerulean responded to the question about effective range. He did however put the reach of his semblance to use, an aura clone of Cerulean would appear before any Grimm that seemed to be getting too close to the vehicle and with a quick thrust of Takif would be dealt with before the clone would dissappear to reform before another foe seconds later.

As the vehicle got close to the emerging survivors Cerulean turned to Saffron. "Huntsmen who were passing through? I'm sure I'll figure something out."
With that Cerulean kicked off the vehicle and rolled in the sand, popping to his feet he made to dash towards the survivors ready to help with any Grimm still in their vicinity.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 10:32:32 PM »
"Then I will do coordination." Siu picked her own role as everybody else did as much. "In that case, please keep our ride from being targeted by the horde. Ten or twenty meters out should do. I trust the shotgun is still accurate at that range?" The reason being that the figurative aircraft carrier and command center should naturally be in unquestionable safety. The other reason is that the driver could clearly use some breath-catching.
As the vehicle hopefully got some distance from threats Siu summoned three dragons into existence, feeding them Dust she poured on her palm like they are her pets. Another gets sent straight out and high up in the air getting an overview of the position. She can start from there.
First is pinging everybody with her scroll to establish communication. Then she can get started on reporting Grimm presence to Cerulean, species, number and distance from survivors. For Aurelia, she can report her surroundings to her and she can decide on the best path to move around herself. She does remember that they need to actually grind the horde down, so once her dragons finish feasting on Dust they can start grinding them down.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 01:20:40 AM »
It seemed everyone agreed with her plan, which made things simpler.  And in a crisis situation where people’s lives are at stake, simple was best.

As the vehicle approached the engagement zone, Aurelia moved to the side and started channeling her semblance.  A soft glow would begin to emanate from just beside the four-wheeler, slowly growing in intensity over the next few seconds.  Then, as the glow reached its brightest point, Aurelia leans and falls out of the open door.  However, instead of the sounds of tumbling and falling, the group would instead hear the sound of thundering hooves and the whinny of a triumphant horse.  Beside the vehicle, a glittering golden horse—nay, a unicorn—gallops alongside the band of hunters with a cloak-clad knight sitting atop its back.

With a nod, Aurelia breaks off from the rest of the team, leading the charge into the field of battle.  Even from this distance, the cavalier can tell her plan to attract the Grimm had worked.  The bony plates of the monsters had perked up at the light, and a few had already diverted their attention towards the charger.  Underneath the hood of the cloak, a thin smile spreads across Aurelia’s face.  Everything was going according to plan.

Switching Dusk into rifle mode, Aurelia takes aim at the oncoming horde and takes rapid-fire shots, hoping to thin the herd before she’s engaged in melee.  As the inevitable collision draws closer, she raises her rifle high in the air and squeezes the second trigger, causing Dusk to shift again.  However, instead of reverting back into saber form, the weapon extends.  Through a series of clicks and whirs, the tip of the weapon crawls further and further into the sky, until finally, Dusk reveals its most powerful form—a twelve-foot long lance! 

With its transformation complete, the tip of the skyward lance falls, its motion akin to an executioner’s axe falling onto the neck of the guilty.  As Aurelia couches it, Dusk extends outward towards the onslaught of Grimm, the tip beginning to crackle and spark with energy as the cavalier begins to channel fire and lightning dust.  Likewise, Noble Steed, too, lowers its head in preparation for the melee, its horn sparkling in the sunlight. 

For a moment, all that Aurelia can hear is the sound of hooves pounding the dirt beneath her and the snarls and growls of the enemies before her.  She can see the mixture of blacks, whites, reds, and yellows that make up the menagerie of monsters, as well as a collection of sharp white teeth and claws.

*Th-th-thump*

A set of hoofbeats draws the horde closer, and Aurelia can begin to make out the individual markings of red on the Grimm masks.  She adjusts the lance so its tip points at the leader of the pack, a Beowolf baring its fangs as it charges at the huntress. 

*Th-th-thump*

Another set of hoofbeats, and the horde draws closer still, close enough now that Aurelia can easily distinguish the shapes among the mass of black and white that spread beyond her peripherals.  Her grip on her weapon and shield tighten.  The battle is less than a step away.

*Th-th—

The sound of hoofbeats is overwhelmed by the sounds of battle as the lance pierces its first prey.  Between the dust effects and the amount of momentum Aurelia is carrying, the Beowolf practically explodes on impact as the unicorn charges its way through the mass of Grimm, forced into disintegration before it could even get within striking distance.  The lance, uncaring, continues its foray and pierces the next Grimm in line, leading to similar results. 

Any Grimm that manage to slip past the lance tip is greeted by the tip of the unicorn horn, and while it may not have the same destructive power of Dusk, Noble Steed nonetheless sends black bodies flying as it hefts Grimm into the air with its own “spear tip”.  Of course, any bodies that manage to slip past that still have one more weapon to face in Aurelia’s charge, and that weapon comes in the form of the four galloping hooves of a stampeding warhorse. 

Unfortunately for the Grimm, charging is Aurelia’s specialty, and while Noble Steed might have taken a few nicks and scratches, and, with the timely help of the rest of the team, the cavalier crashes through the horde of Grimm and comes out the other side unscathed, the mount’s stride unabated.  Of course, that was only the first phase of her plan.  Using the few seconds of breathing room she had, Aurelia took a quick look around to confirm how the much of the pack and taken her bait.  If she can, she’ll try and pick up as many stragglers as possible before rounding up the horde into a neat little ball. 

Pulling the trigger again, Dusk shrinks back down to a sheathed sword, which the knight draws to cleave through the horde one by one as Noble Steed and Saffron’s driving corral the Grimm into a tight little ball of death.     

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 07:23:55 AM »
’Slugs are always an option and I appreciate the concern.’ Saffron responded to Siu’s question, there was an undercurrent to the Faunus’s words as she didn’t appreciate the concern, in fact, she unappreciated it… Deappreciated? Depreciated? No one else was questioned would they be able to fulfil the task they had given themselves and although Saffron was sure the Siu meant nothing by it if anything it was a kindness but it still caused Saffron to bristle silently. Or not so silently as her shotguns barked like thunder, throwing razor sharp shards of ice and great gales of wind into the oncoming Grimm hordes. It was an impressive display but there was no doubt the car would have been overrun if it wasn’t because of the intervention of Siu and Cerulean filling in the slowly appearing gaps in Saffron’s defences. The three dragons and aura clones made quick work of the Grimm horde rapidly whittling it down. ’Part of the mission is to keep a low profile if we are on the trail of the Dustsmith the last thing we want is for them to know huntsmen and huntresses are in the area.’ Saffron responded to Cerulean, having the yell loudly over the sounds of fighting.

Although there might have never been much of a chance of that. Saffron thought to herself sadly, seeing it as a personal failure on her own part. With Aurelia on her golden unicorn, a trio of dragons… small dragons but nevertheless dragons and even Cerulean’s clones were quite eye-catching among the growing turmoil. Everyone stood out not only because of the flamboyant nature of their abilities but also their skill at applying them. Quickly Aurelia and Saffron manage to press the Grimm horde together from opposite sides crushing them against each other even before they have a chance to fall before shotgun or lance respectively. A slaughter which is only surpassed by Siu and Cerulean whose strikes, in the former’s case her dragon’s strikes, left the Grimm with little option but to crumble against their might.

A cry of joy erupted from the survivors as the Grimm were completely wiped out, some looked like they would attempt to walk over to the Huntsman and Huntresses before being called back by someone out of sight. Saffron drove smoothly around to Aurelia and offered the horse Faunus a lift if she would prefer it or simply ensure that they would continue their travel together. ’So what now?’ Saffron asked. There was still plumes of smoke erupting ahead of them, which Saffron did assume was other caravans under attack, other caravans which need their help. Helping others was what huntsman and huntresses were supposed to do, as Cerulean had said, but they needed information and they needed to move quickly. Others may see it as cowardly to constantly offset the choice making responsibilities, she was the driver after all if anyone should know where they were going it should be her but she couldn’t step up to the plate…. Or wouldn’t.

If the group decided to stop at the closest lot of smoking wreckage they would find eight or so survivors scavenging what they can from the different wreckages trying to put together one working vehicle as well as saving what small trinkets they could. Despite there rather wretched state they were clearly happy to see a band of huntsman and huntresses, as who else could have dispatched the Grimm so easily, and looked willing to offer any information that could be helpful, they had precious little to offer in gratitude for their lives. If the group decided to continue on they would find the terrain slowly getting tougher and the sounds of engines accompanying the sounds of fighting and rending metal. The groups, further along, seemed to be holding out better than those the huntsman and huntresses had just rescued and perhaps could survive a little longer without assistance.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:03:22 AM by Kingnoname1 »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »
Being close to the group already Cerulean strode up to them as they were salvaging their vehicle, though he was aware of further plumes of smoke indicating further fighting.
"Do you think you'll be ok from here on? Looks like there are other traveller's like you in need of help but I'm not abandoning you if you won't be ok alone."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 07:49:41 AM »
"Did you hire any huntsmen? Did they die? Well, I could ask you the same questions regardless." Siu started gathering information from the survivors.

"Are there anything unusual about this attack? Their type, numbers, location, time of day- are they at odds with what you usually encounter?"
"Do you have any idea who would want to see you in harm?"
"Heard any rumor about Grimm attacks being more frequent or more dangerous than usual?"

"You probably got this already, but remember to hire more escorts next time." Siu left a last remark after asking those questions and hopped on their four-wheeler.
"Two options. A, we go and help out each of them, but that means we won't be tracking anybody down by the time we're done. B, we head straight to the shortest plume and hope we can catch the attackers in the act."