Author Topic: Stargazing [Open]  (Read 24317 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Stargazing [Open]
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »
Calen grinned widely at Prism's discomfort as she pushed away the cup. 'My mother always said coffee should be ''black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.'' She took that quite literally, guess it's a bad habit I've gotten into.' Calen responded still smiling as he reclaimed the two unwanted drinks. 'You are welcome to join us Miss Petrichor although you would be halving your team mates chances of winning but fair warning I'm not going holding back on questions so I don't need you to hold back on your choice of weapons.' Calen continued standing up with his 'coffee' in one hand and his knife in the other. Walking over to the proposed range the gaunt boy took another sip of his 'coffee' and triggering the launching mechanism with the same hand. With a loud clunk the target was launched from Calen's left, shooting away further down the range. Pausing for a second to mimic the question answer Calen managed to pin target on the right side of center, near the non-existent triple ring. 'So the longer you take to answer and the longer it takes you to aim the harder the shot is going to be.' Calen finished as the target came back around allowing Calen to rip the knife free. 'Any questions? If not, who wants to go first?'
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
Prism watches as Calen wanders over to the targeting range, before shooting a glance to Amane. She leans in slightly as he's turned away and distracted by the target, her voice dropping to a whisper that you need to be right next to her to hear. "Calen challenged me initially, I've got this if you'd like to opt out - completely up to you though. Besides, I'm counting on you to watch my back - he's got this... off vibe, and it'd be good to keep a spare eye on him."

She immediately straightens back up as he finishes his explanation, nodding as if she was listening intently the entire time during his demonstration. Sliding the bag of ammo onto her belt and standing up, she walks towards the shooting range before pulling Hawk's Eye from her belt and flicking a lever to turn it into it's primary form. It's thrown over her shoulder, already loaded in case a quick weapons change is necessary. "I'm calling dibs on first, unless either of you have objections. I'm assuming we're swapping rounds - and maybe the opposing person should pull the launch mechanism for the ease of the shooter?"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:03:18 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:38:32 PM by . »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 09:42:41 PM »
'Of course Prism I'll fire off the shot when you are ready.' Calen responded grinning as he moved off to the side, giving his opponent as much as she needed to fire. Taking another few sips from his cocktail the increasingly buzzed gaunt boy waited patiently for Prism to get ready, while offering a pair of ear mufflers to Amane. When the faunus was finally all set up Calen begun the questions. 'Ready? OK then first question, favourite colour?' Calen questioned then quickly triggered the firing mechanism. 

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:55 PM »
"May the best aim win." She nods to him, walking into place before tugging the flight goggles on her forehead down into place. Pulling a small steel ball out of the pouch at her waist, she can at least prep her ammo as the question is asked. With a thunk as Calen pulls the lever, her concentration on the target can almost be described as adorable. Tongue sticking out slightly as she tracks the disk, she listens intently to his question - huh, she would've expected something biting right out the gate. "White, blue, or green"

Snap. She almost immediately fires the shot, bringing the slingshot up and loading the ammo in a blur of movement, the elastic's sound signaling the ball was launched-

thunk

Contact!

Prism pulls back, the corner of her mouth quirking up as she catches sight of the impact mark. She managed a bullseye. Turning back to Calen, she raises her wings slightly in emphasis. "I've kind of got a color scheme to uphold, y'know how it works." Padding back over to where he stood and waiting while they switched places, she tilted her head as she tried to think of a question, before remembering his knife earlier. "Who's Thran?"

thunk

The target's been fired.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2018, 08:13:33 PM »
'You could just choose one Prism, they won't get jealous.' Calen half-tutted as he swapped places with the faunus. Calen was surprised that his opponent had decided to stick with the slingshot, it did do a lot to balance the competition even possibly giving Calen the advantage as long as his own self-sabotage didn't do the gaunt boy in first. Placing his 'coffee' to the side Calen nodded to show he was ready for Prism's question. His smile faulted at the mention of his family although it could just be his focus but of course wasn't. 'Brother.' Calen answered quickly followed by a smooth movement sending his knife racing towards the target. Hitting the target only a few moments after it was fired, slamming between the non-existant triple ring and the bullseye Prism hit before on the left. Shrugging slightly at the worse throw Calen continued to explain his answer. 'I feel you two would get along quite well if you could hide those.' Calen finished gesturing at Prism's wings.

Settling back down near the firing mechanism Calen waited for his opponent to be ready. 'A slingshot is a unusual weapon, where did you get it?' Calen asked his reaching up to his 'coffee' but hesitating and leaving the drink untouched.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2018, 08:51:15 PM »
Prism clucks her tongue at Calen's finishing comment, a look of slight displeasure on her face at the idea of hiding her wings. Regardless, she reaches for the pouch of ammo, rolling the little steel ball between her fingers, listening for the target to deploy - before she glances in Calen's direction at the mention of her slingshot, brow furrowing slightly.

thunk

"Dad." There's a thwap from the elastic as Prism sends the steel ball flying, hitting slightly off-center. Despite the successful hit, there's still a slight frown on Prism's face. "He was a weapons smith, wasn't hard for him to make a slingshot. Grew up exploring the woods 'roud the house and trying to hunt - I might've been the runt, but I was the only one with good aim, and the only one who could hit squirrels from a distance." She waves the slingshot slightly in emphasis, before swapping places with Calen once again.

Leaning on the wall next to the firing mechanism and waiting for Calen to ready himself, Prism ponders the next-question. It's kind of brutal, but it'll definitely distract him. "If your brother wouldn't have liked me because I was a faunus, what's letting you be so friendly with me?" Her gaze on Calen is cool but critical as the target is launched.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:20:39 AM by Moth »

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 12:59:05 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:33:05 PM by . »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 01:54:30 AM »
(OOC: Hope you guys don't mind if Smokey crashes the party, I like shooting guns)

Smokey enters the shooting range, fighting valiantly to stifle a yawn but ultimately failing.  Why did Billy have to be so loud when she came in?  Between her racket and the ever-revving chainsaw that lived in their dorm, Smokey had given up on falling back to sleep before his alarm woke him up. 

Trudging his way in, he was surprised to find several people already there.  He pulls out his scroll.  Yup, it's definitely four in the morning.  Looking back up, and noticing the strange garb one of them was wearing, he asks, "Uh, did I miss some sort of --*yawn*--party or something?"
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2018, 03:02:45 AM »
(more the merrier)

Calen chuckled slight at Prism's question delaying both his throw and answer. 'Maybe I'm just not as good as taking lessons to heart.' Calen replied turning to face the faunus with a wide grin losing focus of the target. By the time the gaunt boys eyes were back on the target it was already out of his normal range, luckily everyone at Beacon was a little strange. A flash of forest green radiated from Calen as his aura pulsed down his body giving his throw super human strength actually managing his most accurate throw so far. 'Or perhaps I'm just better at hiding it than he ...was.' Calen continued his facade of ambivalence fracturing at the last moment. The downside of using his aura was the dagger was embedded much deeper than normal and it took Calen a fair few moment to extract it.

Effectively splitting the the target in half to reclaim his weapon, Calen looked around half apologetically although again the expression never truly reached his eyes. Settling back down near the firing mechanism Calen decided to continue to on with the father angle considering it seemed to do something and everyone seemed to have father issues around here. 'Does your father still work on your weapons? I imagine it could be quite useful to have someone like that.' Calen quizzed looking back at the newcomers and firing the target when Prism was ready.

'Well yea actually but we are continuing so feel free to join in big guy.' Calen responded offering Smokey one of the still warm untouched cups of 'coffee.'

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
Was.

That’s... alarmingly familiar. Let’s hope it’s the former, and not the latter - but keeping an eye on Calen is definitely the right idea.

Prism watches in curiosity as he uses his semblance in order to hit the target - smart, she thought she'd have that one. That's a technique she'd need to pickup soon. Nodding to Calen as she they swap places, she glances out towards Amane as she practices her cross-termination technique, and gives her teammate a thumbs-up before taking her place. Rolling the small steel ball between her fingers, his question gets him a slightly longer glance, staring for a few precious seconds as the target flies farther and farther away. "Nah, he's technically retired." Okay, so that's also technically a lie, but it's... well, it's not wrong, either.

The target's out of slingshot range.

Reaching down to the rifle at her hip, she brings the gun up and automatically sets it into her shoulder, bending to peer through the scope. One second, two seconds, she locks on the target -

Crack.

There's a bullet hole through the center of the target.

There's a smile on Prism's face as she pulls back, gesturing for Calen to swap places with her again as she walks back over to the firing mechanism. Smokey's arrival gets a little wave, taking the chance to explain the situation properly. "Nah, this is just what happens when people can't sleep. Watch out if you drink that by the way, it's alcoholic." She nods to the coffee Calen gestured to, before waiting while he readied himself. Might as well continue this line of questioning, it seemed to be working. "What makes you think we would’ve gotten along so well, if it weren’t for the whole ‘faunus’ thing?"

thunk
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:05:53 AM by Moth »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 01:18:47 PM »
Smokey reaches out for the cup, giving a quick nod of thanks...

"Watch out if you drink that by the way, it's alcoholic."

Smokey pulls his arm back from the cup, giving the guy who offered a slight stink eye. "Think I'll pass in that case," he says, barely stifling another yawn.  He makes his way to an open spot and starts setting up his targets. 

Queuing up seven Beowulf-sized targets to move around at random, Smokey pulls out his revolver and loads it, taking a few long, slow, and deep breaths as he does.  Feet apart, bend the knees, don't lock your arm, Smokey mutters under his breath. 

After loading the last bullet, he he gives the console the command to begin the simulation.  The targets start scurrying around in front of him, moving in random and confusing directions.  He takes a moment to let the targets randomize their locations, before his aura envelops him.

*Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*  Seven shots ring out in relatively quick succession, the gun seemingly having no recoil whatsoever.  Similarly, the seven targets now have a hole the size of an ursa claw in each of them.  The first three targets were hit center of mass, but as the shots continued, he seemed to drift further away.  The holes are big enough that they still would've almost certainly been fatal, but Smokey still clicked his tongue in disappointment.  He's still a little sleepy.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2018, 06:20:19 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:21:17 AM by . »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 04:03:24 AM »
'You are never going to let me have any fun are you Prism. Although it's nice to see you are no longer holding back.' Calen remarked laughing as his offering was rejected. 'Best of luck with your training then young master and well done, you shouldn't accept drinks from strangers.' Calen finished patting the shorter but far stockier on his head before returning to the game. 'Don't worry I understand what it is like to have busy family, I'm sure he is just dealing with other things.' Calen remarked with a sly smirk. The likeliness that a weapon smith didn't have enough time to make his own daughters gear was almost nothing meaning that there was something else there.

'Similar personalities.' Calen quickly responded, feeling back in control the gaunt boy managed his best throw yet, hitting the bulls-eye for the first time. 'Your both quite openly professional with a soft gooey-friendly center. It's a compliment.... mostly.' Calen finished swapping places again with Prism and then waited for the noise of Smokey's volley to fade before taking his turn. 'So if your father didn't make your weapons did you while at Signal?' Calen asked making the slight assumption that Prism went to Signal which wasn't as likely as you expected but he was confident enough to take the risk.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »
"Didn't think you were the type for compliments, but thanks? I think?" There's almost a confused tilt to her head at Calen's words, but it's distracted by his secondary comment, before the corner of her mouth quirks up. He misunderstood her - and nothing throws Calen off like being put down.

However, that smirk is interupted by an audible sigh as Calen pats Smokey on the head, sliding herself between the two of them almost automatically as she and Calen switch places. Waiting for Smokey to finish shooting, she turns to address him before Calen fires the target. She's fairly sure this is the guy who fucked up one of the weight rooms awhile ago, so it might not be best to tempt his temper. "Firstly, before you punch him for the short joke, it'll frustrate him more if you just ignore him. Secondly, don't take too much offense to it. I'm 4'11" without the heels, so I understand better than anybody. Thirdly, wanna tell me more about that gun instead? It looks way to big to not have any recoil, so either you're using your semblance or I'm missing something." Her tone is joking towards the end, before she nods to Calen to fire the target - and tracks it carefully as it flies down the range.

"You misunderstood. Hawk's Eye was my dad's last piece before he retired, and I didn't go to Signal." She doesn't even look his way, before bringing her rifle up and firing - and the target's shattered with a satisfying crack, close enough to center to make Prism nod in satisfaction. She turns to Calen again as they swap, giving a little shrug in regards to his misunderstanding. "I'm self-trained in pretty much everything. It was more than enough to get me into Beacon, so take that as you will." Leaning against the wall next to the targeting Mechanism, she thinks for a moment about the question - a little unorthadox, but it'll definitely distract him. "What's the best embarrassing story you can give me on Setsuna Antiqua?"

thunk
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:17:41 PM by Moth »