Author Topic: The Tournament has begun.  (Read 2669 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
The Tournament has begun.
« on: September 25, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »
EDIT: DUE TO SOMETHINGS, THE FIRST YEAR 1V1 AND 4V4 BRACKETS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. IN FIRST YEAR, ALL BUT ONE MATCH HAVE STAYED THE SAME. 4V4 NOW IS ONLY AN NPC MATCH. PLEASE REDO YOUR PREDICTIONS ON THE UPDATED LINKS

EDIT 2: YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR OPPONENT'S ABILITIES/WEAPONS/ANYTHING UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THEM IN CHARACTER.

Spoiler: Nearly everyone got in.

Alright folks. I realllllly hope this works. This is the final version of the rules.

Referees: Dr. Gustave and Aegis

Here's how combat is going to work. Combatants start off with 100% aura and they end at 15%, attacks must be given a % damage value, it is up to the other person to decide whether or not they would hit and are responsible for taking the damage (unless an autohit penalty is required.). If you feel that your opponent has made an unfair attack value or dodged unfairly, you can contact a referee and we will determine whether or not it was unfair. If it was, the post must be edited to what we deem to be fair. For grabs (Let's say you want to toss someone) you must contact the person you wish to grab (unless they are a teammate), and ask permission. If you are asked if a grab is okay, you must think about if it would be possible. If it is, allow it. I don't want any "Oh, well yes. It could happen. Buuuuut I don't want to be grabbed, so I'll tell him no." None of that. Semblance use does not drain your aura reserves, but if you spam it, you will be penalized. If you think someone is spamming, notify a referee. AURA COVERS ARMOR. ARMOR IS THERE TO KEEP YOU FROM BEING ONE-SHOT WHEN YOU HAVE NO ARMOR. IN THE FIELD, USEFUL. IN THE TOURNEY, NOT SO MUCH.

Here's an example of how shit should go http://rwbyfanon.com/smf/Archive1/index.php/topic,796.0.html

In matches, it is required that you post within 2 days, if you don't and do not send a notice to BOTH a referee and your opponent beforehand, you will be given an autohit penalty. That is whatever attack was in someone's post before you didn't post will automatically hit. If there was no attack in the post, one may be edited in. If you do not post in 2 days without notice following the auto hit, your character is disqualified.

These rules count for everyone, normal members, minions, moderators, and admins. Do not be afraid to talk to one of the staff is anyone is breaking any rules.

There will either be one or two NPC matches. At the time of posting, there was a bit of a mix up int he 4v4 department with one of the teams. Note about NPC teams: They can advance. NPC teams are not a free pass, they are going to be just as hard to beat as normal characters. God I hope an NPC doesn't win the tourney.

Onto the brackets... There will be a "Betting" system in place through the host website. If you win, you get a custom title. How you participate is as follows. First, you must have an account on Challonge.com. Second, you must go to one of the brackets, listed below, and navigate to the "Create a Prediction" button. It's big and green. If you can't find it, you don't get to vote. After that, you simply pick who you think is going to win each match and, in the end, the bracket. You earn 1 point for each correct prediction you make, and whoever has the most points wins. If there is a tie, the ones with the most points all get the custom title. Each round, there will be voting listed above the bracket as to who you think will win, but there is no prize for that and is there purely to demotivate people when they see people think they'll lose encourage competition.

Brackets and Such

First off, those who got in.

1v1

2v2

3rd Year: ShowHide
Sovereign LeBlanc and Avery LeBlanc
Declan Davitt and Dusk Kuro (NPC Team)

THE BRACKET

4v4
1st Year: ShowHide
Team VCVS
Team FIRE
Team DKTA (NPC)

THE BRACKET

2nd Year: ShowHide
Team HRMS
TEAM ARSC (NPC)

THE BRACKET

Huntsmen

By the way, there's a formal event for combatants ONLY here. If you start a fight, you'll be disqualified from the tourney.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:03:59 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide