Author Topic: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Akeldama Blood-Heart vs. Ayaka Miyamoto  (Read 8979 times)

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
“Good afternoon friends, competitors, and sponsors alike and welcome to the forty-first bi-annual Vytal Festival tournament!” a refined and silvery female voice would say through the arena’s sound system, very unbefitting given the amount of cheering that overtook the arena. “My name is Primrose Cyrillo Palatine II, Professor of Combat Etiquette & Flow here at Atlas academy! Here with me in the booth is Hunter d’Azur, Professor of Battlefield Strategy and Combat Survival Training! Who...unfortunately had to step out for a moment!” Although nobody in the audience could see, the amateur announcer would struggle to hold back the anger that she harbored towards her partner and co-announcer.
“Well anyhow, I’ll not keep you from the surely amazing fights to come! In this first round of the first year 1v1 we have Akeldama Blood-Heart, the super-hearing Beacon student vs. Ayaka Miyamoto, the swift swordswoman also from Beacon!”

Suddenly, the bang of a door rings out through the arena as a tired voice begins to fill the arena, "Ah, I'm sorry I'm late.. I completely forgot about the tournament." Plopping down next to Prim, Hunter's sleep-addled mind could not stop him from making his thoughts clear. "Blood-Heart? Isn't that, uh... God, were they sparkly vampires or something?" Clearly, Hunter did not seem all too prepared, as the camera crew decided to start the environment spinner to begin the first fight.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on River and Fire Dust Field.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. On Akel’s side, rough patches of grass were cut in half by a single river that slowly flowed off the arena itself. As for Ayaka, the floor would be filled with the rubble of destroyed boulders as fire dust crystals of various sizes are planted around the arena, ready to be detonated at the slightest touch.
As Hunter took his seat and the spinner did it’s job, Prim would shoot her partner a death glare that could incapacitate even the most veteran of huntsmen. Before the mics were quickly cut, a loud thud and a very angry “DO YOU KNOW HOW FU-” could be heard.

As the combat in the announcer’s booth began, so did the main event. The doors on each side of the arena opened, allowing the combatants to enter the arena.

(A coin flip has decided that Ayaka will get the first post. The arena size is identical to that of the 1v1 arena in the show, however, it features scaled down biomes to fit the size. Good luck, and may the best combatant win.)
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
     Hours of training and meditation only slightly prepared Ayaka for what she saw before her. The landscape before her was barren of life, crumbling rocks and glowing red crystals jutted out of her half of the field, a stark contrast to the serene half of the opponent. She was dressed asymmetrically, as always, but instead of her usual casual attire she adorned several scattered armor pieces on her person. Wide left spauldron, right vambrace and fauld, and a classic cuirass above her heart while her hair was tied in a ponytail favoring the side, and pants ripped high on her left.  One sword hung low on her waist, almost half the length of the almost twice as long one on her back, while a adorning ribbon tied both.

As she walked into the arena, Ayaka studied her grounds with a scrutinizing eye. Unstable fire crystals and dirt. Crumbling boulders would serve for cover but the explosive dust might make short work of them. One wrong step could mean a disastrous end for any of them.

Grabbing her Nodachi and its sheath from her back, Ayaka walked into the arena poised and ready, an air of confidence and seriousness a cowl on her form. She stood steady, firm. Ready to react at a moments notice, but wasn't so crude as to not greet her opponent. With caution, Ayaka walked passed some fire dust crystals and carefully positioned herself near a boulder should one go off, and also for easy cover should she go under fire. There she waited for her opponent, wondering if she'd be a worthy opponent or a simple walk in the park.

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
Akel was excited, this was her chance to prove herself and what she could do. She was excited, slightly nervous amnd ready to fight as soon as the doors opened. Akel's signature weapon at her side as she made her way to her side of the battlefield. Pressing a button on dher headset that connected her earpieces to her headset, if the headset got knocked off she wouldn't be out and that was one way she didn't want br eliminated.

She heard the footsteps of her opponent and the drawing of her blade. Akel took it upon herself to  bring her blade off of her holster. Off to the side to keep the handle easier to grab with her other hand.

Similarly, Akel made her way near a tree, although a good portion of her body was visible, she carefully eyes her opponents field 'some destroyed boulders and fire dust crystals. Best to assume they'll explode easily just to be safe.. The white-haired participant waved her hand at the direction of Ayaka in a casual hello, hoping that her opponent would at least be a good sport.
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
     Ayaka offered a short bow to the hiding Akel and readied her sword. The girl was hiding behind a tree, probably scouting what little space they had, but everything was still within range of Ayaka's semblance. She didn't have much to go with, given the small river and scattered dust, but if she brought the fight to her she'd surely have the advantage.

From what Ayaka she remembered, Akel had some sort of hearing semblance. They were both in their first year but she didn't really know the specifics other than the headset helped her somehow. If she were sensitive it would be easy to just aim for those itself, but that wouldn't be a fight at all and an insult to Ayaka's skill. She wanted a fair fight, one that would prove her skill rather than her wit, so cheap tricks were nothing but a last resort.

Composing herself Ayaka locked onto her target and aimed her sheathe at her, signifying the start of her attack, and grinned ever so slight before getting back into a readied position. "Here I come!" Ayaka cried, right before sprinting towards Akel's side of the arena. Right as she ran she unsheathed her Nodachi and swung outwards with her semblance, sending a powerful cutting blow towards the tree and she followed the strike as it closed in, minding her footing as she ran. The cut flew forwards as a bright white arc, longer than her 2m blade due to its arc and pulsing with energy. It outsped the running swordswoman  and aimed to cut right through the tree should it hit.

Attack:
[Semblance aided slash - 10% (Ranged)]

Status
[Fresh]
[Aura - 100%]

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
"Bring it!" Akel practically shouted, replying in kind as she heard the footsteps of the swordswoman, Akel couldn't remember much about Ayaka besides occasionally hearing that some people thought it was weird for such a long blade to be used. Akel was cautious and thought about the application of dust and acted ahead of time, seeing the blade be drawn Akel brought her left foot forward, her right hand, sword and knee going against the ground as she saw the energy fly over herself. Without losing much speed Akel pushed off with her right arm and leg after a very small delay to hopefully get her opponent close enough, her left hand grabbing the blade and going for a diagonal heavy strike. Following through by aiming her rotatable gun at her opponent to fire off several shots to get her to back off and give herself room to recover.

[Aura 100%]
[Heavy strike 13%]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
     The strike may have been strong but it was also clear as day. Using her semblance to push against the side with her feet, Ayaka angled herself away from the strike while closing in. Ayaka intercepted the strike with one of her own, sliding a parry instead of static blocking effectively redirecting the strike and avoiding the shots that followed.

Akel pushed herself back, however, gaining distance to which Ayaka responded with another dash. She slashed the air rapidly so that aura slashes would appear behind her opponent a second later whilst she closed in, blade glowing faintly but visibly.

"Stop running and fight me properly!" Ayaka cried, lunging forwards with her extensive blade after releasing the slashes that appeared behind Akel like a web of light.

Attacks:
[Judgement Cut - 5%, 3 slashes from behind.]
[Lunge - 8%]

Status
[Aura - 100%]
[Fresh]
Students

Professors

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
[OOT: I misunderstood the attack so the change is necessary.]

As the white-haired student came to a stop she reacted quickly, she needed to get past the range of Ayaka's sword, Akel heard a small sound and knowing that it was a one-on-one fight she made her way forward and getting nipped by all of the blades but focusing on her opponent infront of her.

Akel sidestepped slightly to dodge the lunge, gripping her blade in both hands she let her blade make contact with her opponents, flicking the transformation mechanism a small click was heard as the blade extended, Akel's grip changed to give herself a better hold whilst bringing it speeding towards her opponent. Before making contact the blade curved to form the shape of her scythe and aimed at the opposing girl's neck with where the blade and handle meet. Even if she didn't make contact Akel brought the former sword above her head in a smooth motion, a single spin of the weapon and Akel went for a second strike, using the momentum from the previous strike to ensure a swift and deadly follow-up aimed a bit more diagonally to slam Ayaka with the scythe, hopefully into the ground.

[Aura 94%]
[First strike 9%]
[follow up 13%]
[Ayaka eating dirt 4%]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:32:18 AM by EdgeyReyes »

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
     Blast it. Ayaka swore as judgement cut just barely nicked her opponent, one step further and it would have done serious damage. Her opponent was fast, fast enough to counter her lunge and respond with an attack of her own. Ayaka barely got her blade angled properly to deflect the first strike and rapidly drew her secondary blade to intercept the next.

Unfortunately the larger weapon crashed down strong enough to hit the weapon down, the much heavier strike powering through her static block. Using her shoulder to take the brunt of the damage she endured the hit and stepped away, quickly sheathing her secondary and bringing both hands back to her Nodachi. Ayaka slashed outwards as she regained her footing, trying to use her weapon's length to ward off her opponent and again as she got back into optimal distance.

Ignoring the pain that flared in her shoulder, Ayaka smiled for the first time since the fight began and forgot all about the audience's gaze. Cheers sounded muddled, the benches looked blurred, but the arena and her opponent were clear as day as adrenaline pumped through her veins.

Taking a step back she rapidly released a flurry of strikes, each followed through by an outward aura slash, effectively doubling the strikes. As each strike finished, a band of energy followed through a second later. Each attack was quick, but coupled with the semblance it felt like each strike hit twice in the same area. One steel, another aura. Being able to block every strike flawlessly would be impossible unless they themselves surpassed her skill many times over. This was the strategy she was going for, no rest and no quarter.

Ayaka stayed outside of her opponent's reach, just a centimeters difference, but she vowed to not let her get a strike in unless it mattered. One slash. Two slashes. Three slashes. Unlike the spherical web these just shot out of her blade. White hot bands of energy that would continue running unless blocked. Ayaka pushed forward, not giving ground and not allowing rest, an unrelenting barrage of slashes to tire out her opponent. head, body, and torso. High strikes and medium strikes. To take a head or to sever a limb.

Attacks:
[Recovery slash - 5%]
[Slashes - 7% each. 3 sword slashes, 3 follow up aura slashes]

[Aura - 90%]
[Adrenaline rush]

Students

Professors

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
Akel was glad to get the first hit in but annoyed that her follow-up didn't work. Gritting her teeth, annoyed that the combo didn't work. Akel wanted to continue her attack but stepped back as Ayaka slashed to gain distance the attack hitting Akel's stomach. Akel had to keep stepping back, gaining distance and keeping her sword in front of her body to black the majority of the semblance based slashed that she was in the range of.

Each strike that hit her blade made Akel just get more and more annoyed, she wanted to turn the tables but kept moving back to wait, for that one optimal move that could get massive damage in. Akel listened beyond the repeated bashing of her sword, each hit provided Akel with more sound to work off of and after the three strikes had finished Akel made her move.

Akel knew where the strike was coming from so instead of taking a step back she took a step forward, blade forcing Ayaka to stop her assault and the rims of her gun rotated, the small barrel aimed directly at Ayaka and letting off three rounds in rapid succession.

[Aura 87%]
[bullets 6%, 3 shots]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
     Ayaka wasn't going to stop just yet, though her blade was caught she had more than enough time to see the guns rotating towards her. Akel seemed to have forgotten one important thing, however. If her blade was binding Ayaka's, Ayaka could also move her blade.

"Resorting to firearms so soon?" Ayaka patronized, easing her blade to the side as she let hers slide away, redirecting the opponent's as she moved. With a small burst at her feet, she also moved to the side as quickly as she could, away from the gun barrel.

Unfortunately she was still within gunshot, and two bullets clipped her body as she moved away. One fully and another just glancing. She winced at the pain but continued her advance. The small but quick motion gave her more than enough room to stay within range, however, unlatching the bottom end of her blade as she revealed a wire spool in both ends. She fired on downwards, and another towards Akel, anchoring the wires to her side, while using the other ends to trap her opponent.

Several wires shot out towards Akel, while others hit several pieces of cover behind her. Since she was stubborn as an swallow, annoying and finicky to her relentless assault, Ayaka decided to humble her. In one swift motion, wires flew around and towards Akel with utmost speed, metallic sheen glaring to the eyes. Seven wires. That's how many were shot. They embedded in the ground, and into some trees nearby, forming an irregular web of razor sharp death. Two were flung around Akel, coming after the others on the sides, leaving little room to maneuver be it side, back, or top.

Ayaka left more than enough room for herself though, she had control of the field now and she was determined to win. One strong pull and the wires went taut, snapping into place, and the ones flowing over Akel, moved in to constrict. She moved as she pulled, watching her footing as she moved to the side, and adjusted her distance. Ayaka faced Akel, eyes stoic and leering, one hand on her blade and another caressing the wires from the spool.

Attacks:
[Wires - Dart to pale mug(or body and sword) - 3% x 2 darts]
[Constriction - 2%]

Status
[Aura -81%]
[Determined]

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:19:00 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Akeldama Blood-Heart vs. Ayaka Miyamoto
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »
Akel tracked the girl with her hearing as her blade was knocked, gripping the blade in both hands to bring it back towards a defensive stance. Akel heard the unlatching sound of something from her opponent and kept up the stance to use the sword as a shield if Ayaka was going to add dust to strike Akel.

Except it didn't come, she heard the sound of something small impacting from behind and two dings against the flat of her blade. Curious Akel moved her hand out to the side and saw the light reflect off of the wires as they were pulled to remove any slack 'damn it all, wires. I should assume that she can use her semblance on them as well just to be safe. From what I know she'll need to give the wires movement to activate'. the white-haired huntress theorized as she thought about how to deal with the situation.

Akel didn't have a choice as the wires closed in around her, she dropped her weapon, letting it slam into the ground as Akel moved her right hand out, feeling the wire wrap around her hand Akel ducked to avoid it wrapping around her body, Akel stood back up with the wire wrapped in her hand, the glove freezing the wire to stop it from tightening around her hand.

With her free hand, Akel slipped off the ice-covered wire as she stared Ayaka down. Her hand reaching for the handle as she pulled the blade back to her hands from underneath the wires. Akel had her weapon but it was too large to manoeuvre inside the wires, she stayed in the middle of the wires and decided that she was going to play Ayaka's game for now but, she wasn't going to let this be the deciding factor of the fight.

[Aura 87%]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »
     If there were more trees, Ayaka certainly would have made a better trap. Unfortunately given their small arena that wasn't the case. She gazed upon Akel as her wires dug in, one of them around the scythe user's hand, and picked out that wire from the many on her spool. The two that were deflected were reeled in, zipping quickly back into their spool, while Ayaka started charging her blade with energy.

Instead of attacking, she waited. Patient and calculating. Ayaka sheathed Swallow's Bane to hide the charge, but took a stance to show she was ready to fight. Every second that passed would increase her attack's power. Every moment, draining her energy for the next few strikes. The adrenaline rush was beginning to subside, and the earlier exchange was finally catching up to her. A bit winded, but nothing too drastic, she fought hordes of grimm along with her teammates that made her more tired. Her posture was still firm, her body still ready, all that changed was the loss of fire in her eyes.

She calmed herself, the bird was already in the trap. All that was left was springing it. This swallow was particularly large, a bit on the annoying side, and almost if not just as stubborn as she was. Blade in sheath at her side, and spool at the ready, she walked as she charged her blade, staring down Akel like huntstress would a grimm. The spool let out more lengths of wire as she walked, not too taut but enough to not let the others slack. They flowed like silvery sheens of light in the air and followed the swordswoman like metallic petals raining down in fall.

Her body was calm, her blade was ready. All that was left was waiting for her opponent to move. How many seconds would it be before that happened? One...two? Three? She counted and felt her blade charge, eyes never leaving Akel. The longer she waited, the faster she could end the fight.

Status
[Aura -81%]
[Calmed and Poised. Slightly winded]

Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »
Catalina sat in the match and carefully observed his potential future opponents. Thinking of ways he can counter their moves and now the wires. The easiest way to know some is by watching others go at it and so he did.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 06:58:01 AM »
A frustrated sigh left Akel's mouth as she looked at her situation, gripping her sword Akel took the same defensive stance as she had previously. She hated being trapped like this but she could tell that Ayaka was planning a big attack and Akel wasn't going to face that head-on. Akel's right hand on the handle of her sword and the left against the flat of the blade, the gap between the blade closing to form a large solid shield.

'this is most likely going to hurt. Just be patient and beat her after.' Akel thought as she braced for what she thought was an incoming strike. Digging her boots into the ground with one foot back to lower her centre of gravity and not fall flat to allow herself to be exposed for a follow-up strike.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 01:28:33 AM »
     Ayaka continued circling Akel, walking all the way to the end of her wires, and kept her blade charged. Several seconds passed and she could already feel the power building up in her blade, her body itched to let it loose. Akel just stood there, hand on sword as always and didn't move an inch. She was wary, as one should be, but she made the wrong move. Ayaka was counting on her to stay in place.

In one swift motion Ayaka pulled the wires taut, tightening her web around Akel while the razor sharp threads snapped into place. Wires glowed white as aural fibers shot out from the ones nearest Akel, threatening to barrage her with a flurry of minor cuts while in the same motion Ayaka began drawing her blade.

Ayaka pulled again, unlatching the wires while reeling in her spool, the action forced the wires to converge in an attempt to wrap around Akel. Steel became white and the net was cast, Ayaka used her semblance again and several more aura wires followed the direction of the ones moving in, doubling the chances of trapping the swallow, or rather white bat, in her cage.

In one swift motion, nigh simultaneous to the wires closing in, Ayaka unsheathed her blade and slashed diagonally upwards. Energy shot out as a white arc, more than 2 meters in length and traveled rapidly towards her opponent. Continuing her motion from earlier she slashed again, opposite of the one earlier but the energy disappeared from her blade. Judgement cut activated and it manifested right behind Akel.

Ayaka divided the energy into three attacks. Front, Back, and for the last one, top. She slashed downwards in an arc, cutting the ground as the last slash disappeared, manifesting above Akel. Letting out a breath as she finished her attack, Ayaka deftly brought her blade back, everything happening in less than a split second, and slowly slid Swallow's Bane into its sheath.

The attack took a small toll on the swordswoman as she felt her stamina drain. It usually didn't take much to use her semblance normally but the attack she just performed used a lot in a short amount of time. She didn't show it outwardly however, remaining calm with posture rigid and straight, but she knew that unless she took a short reprieve her attacks wouldn't hit as hard afterwards and her movements more sluggish. She stood firm, hand on blade as she thought out her next move. Ayaka was prepared to finish the fight, however, and she wouldn't take stamina as an excuse for loss.

Attacks:
[Annoying wire snap - 5%(total)]
[Wrap wont do significant damage but acts as a bind]
[Charged Slashes - 10% per slash, 3 slashes] (fast as normal slashes but hit harder because of charging time)

Status
[Winded. Calm]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:42:38 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors