Author Topic: Cheap Beer on a Friday Afternoon [Open]  (Read 5994 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Cheap Beer on a Friday Afternoon [Open]
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »
Even an entire continent away from home, Chantou would always find a way to resume old routines.

The orchid mantis had just finished her first week of classes, and to put it aptly, she was exhausted. It was a week-long gauntlet of academic rigor, the likes of which she hadn't faced in nearly two years. The sparring classes were fun, sure, but Aura 101 and Grimm studies had nearly melted her brain as she desperately attempted to keep up and memorize everything the teacher said. But she just had managed to squeak by until her very first Friday, and was determined to spend it relaxing - not contemplating academics, working out, or bonding with her new teammates. Relaxing.

So she'd immediately switched out of her school uniform and into her normal one, sunglasses and all, and had gone for a nice long drive into downtown Vale to pick up a 12-pack of beer. The student parking lot in Beacon was a small but nice-enough place - personal vehicles for students were rare, so she'd had her choice of parking spots, which was always a mood booster. She'd opened the trunk and had leapt up to sit inside, leaning against the wall of trunk with one leg dangling over the back. Combine that with an open can of cold beer, the chance to smoke for the first time all day, and honest to god quiet solitude, it was hard for the orchid mantis faunus to be in a better mood.

...even if she was a little people-starved, after not having a conversation all week that wasn't about academic work, but- well, she could deal with it. Being the cool loner was her thing after all. Yeah, she'd be fine.

Though she wouldn't be opposed to sharing her beer if someone asked.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:22:09 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Beer on a Friday Afternoon [Open]
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:29:01 PM »
It had been a long week for Aurelia.  Her academic workload was heavy as it usually was, of course, but with this being the first week, Aurelia had to learn the names and office hours of every one of her professors, memorize every syllabus for every class (including addendums), plan the fastest routes between classes, modify her planner to make room for her extracurricular activities, ensure new students found their way without incident, and still make room to review the day.  Unsurprisingly, she was beginning to feel the slightest bit of exhaustion at the week's end.

So, in an unusual break from her normal routine, Aurelia decided to go for a quick jaunt around Vale with her semblance.  It would simultaneously provide an outlet for the small amount of stress that built up over the week while still counting as training, as she'd be technically be practicing her riding skills.  Oh sure, she'll draw looks from the populous while riding a glowing, gold unicorn, but do not all huntsmen and huntresses draw the plentiful gazes of commoners?  Besides, as a faunus growing up amongst Atlas's elite, Aurelia is no stranger to critical stares observing her every move.

Making her way to student parking after changing into her casual clothes (which look anything but), mainly because it's the only place that leads directly into Vale-proper that can accommodate a beast the size of a horse, Aurelia channels her semblance and summons her Noble Steed.  But as she climbs atop the armored unicorn, a repugnant smell catches her nose: someone was smoking.

Ordinarily, this would not be much issue, though Aurelia would turn her nose up in disgust.  However, this was the grounds of Beacon Academy, and no student in their right mind would impair themselves by inhaling such toxic substances.  Clearly, some untoward activity was taking place.

Letting her nose guide her way through the small number of cars in the lot, Aurelia spies a leg hanging out of what can only be described as a junkheap.  The culprit would hear the approaching sound of hooves on asphalt culminating in a loud "Ahem!"

"Excuse me.  Are you a student of this academy?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:58:20 PM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 01:47:56 AM »
Chantou glances in the direction of the loud cough as someone tried to attract her attention, but returns to peacefully inhaling her cigarette. All she wanted to do was enjoy her smoke, so why would someone on horse-

Wait, what?

The sight of Aurelia aboard the horse- no, it's actually a unicorn, based on the second look- gets a double take out of the usually unamused Chantou, pulling her leg up to sit criss-cross and face Aurelia. You don't usually see horses in the parking lot of Beacon, much less bright gold unicorns with horn and a rider. Subsequently, Aurelia's question doesn't get answered for a good moment or two as Chantou takes another drag of her cigarette while she takes in the sight of the uptight horse faunus, before finally answering. "Uh- yo. Hi. Right. Yeah, I'mma student here. Just started here this week. Name's Chantou, cool horse ya' got there." She says, gesturing to- well, Aurelia's everything.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 02:09:45 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 07:53:32 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 02:43:10 AM »
Chantou's eyes were torn away from Aurelia, looking towards the approaching noise. Some new chick is pulling into the parking lot, one of the few other students at Beacon with a car - and by the looks of things, that was an extremely expensive one. It's enough to make Chantou's eyebrows raise a notch behind her sunglasses, though that isn't readily obvious. The new chick gets out of the car, wandering over to say hi. Chantou's getting more popular than she anticipated.

"Yo. Again. Is that an Aston Martin?" Chantou questions, gesturing in the direction of Amane's car with her cigarette.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 02:52:36 AM »
"I see..." Aurelia says in response, seemingly ignoring the comment on her mount.  Her semblance, however, paws at the ground, snorts, and shakes its mane at the mention of a "horse."  It's almost as if the unicorn doesn't appreciate being referred to as a common beast.  Still, Aurelia's countenance shows no sign of ill will, annoyance, or aggression, remaining a picture-perfect image of neutrality.

"In that case, might I ask what you are doing at this late hour, Miss Chantou?"  she continues, speaking politely enough.  She does have half a mind to reprimand the student here and now for inhaling such toxic substances and inhibiting her body, but for now she'll remain civil.  No point in causing a ruckus if there is no need for one.

A moment later, another girl walks over, one Aurelia has never seen before.  Is she another new student?  "Good evening.  May I be of service?" she asks, continuing to retain her relatively formal demeanor, though the mount snorts once again in slight annoyance.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 03:01:57 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:06:08 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 03:05:01 AM »
Aurelia's picture-perfect, but the horse is starting to toss it's head. Considering it's an aura construct, it's a fair bet to say that her horsey friend has a few sentiments she isn't sharing. "'Takin' it easy on a Friday, havin' a drink." Chantou responds, raising her half-empty beer can as she leans back leisurely. "Nothin' wrong with that. Been a hard first week of classes is all."

She glances from Aurelia to Amane then, before patting the cooler in the trunk. "Either of you want somethin' as well? Got enough beers to go around."

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 04:10:16 AM »
A loud roaring engine sounded as a lithe boy with red crystal wings on his back sped in on a motorcycle with fairings seemingly made of a similar red crystal. The loud volume of the engine sounding all around the carpark as Revya gunned the revs beyond the gear he was in eventually coming to rest near the group and removing his helmet. He was wearing a beaming smile as he had finally gotten a ride in this week. Much needed for himself and keeping Ladybug in good condition.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 03:29:57 PM »
Chantou sighs quietly to herself as yet another person pulls into the parking lot, the growl of a motorcycle's engine enough to earn a glance in the newcomer's direction. The new dude has a nice ride, but she's not really one for motorcycles. Sure, she'll repair 'em, but give her Babygirl any day. Regardless, she nods in greeting to the new guy, her eyes still hidden behind mirrored sunglasses. "So, a unicorn, an Aston Martin, n' a motorcycle all pull into the same parking lot. This is startin' to sound like the beginnin' of a bad joke to me. Yo, bro- want a drink?"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »
Aurelia eyes Amane warily as she, too, refers to the unicorn as a mere horse.  If she were not refined through years of training, practice, and study, Aurelia might have gone off on her for insulting her Noble Steed.  However, she consciously reigns in her absent-minded thoughts and keeps her mount from acting out Aurelia's petty insecurities.  Instead, she inclines her head and says nothing more than, "Indeed, you may.  Though, mind the horn.  It may not look like much, but a simple sudden turn of the head can carry a surprising amount of momentum."

Turning her head back to the delinquent she was originally confronting, she says, "So you intend to loiter on school property while ingesting toxic substances that have been proven to impair one's athletic and combat abilities?  There are plenty of other ways to 'take it easy', as you say, without engaging in such self-destructive behavior."  Her tone is still reflective of a model citizen, though now there is a distinct air of dismissal in her words. 

When Chantou offers to share her beverages to not only Amane and herself, but to the young man who had just pulled in, the unicorn snorts once again and Aurelia continues, "I'd also recommend against encouraging others to partake of these intoxicants.  They'll prove nothing but hindrances in the long run.".

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
Chantou just stares up at Aurelia, her brow furrowing very slightly. "...y'know this is my car, right? It's not loitering if I go to the school. And chill in the parking lot. While sitting in my own car. In a designated smoking zone. There ain't nothin' illegal about this situation." She answers, taking a quiet sip of her beer as she gestures to a sign on the nearby dorm building. "N' like- listen. I'm not gonna pressure you to drink, that's a dick move. But it's been a long week, and I know how I like to unwind. Figured maybe other people might like to have a drink and unwind too. The offer's out there, ya' don't need to take it. But it's just polite to ask. "

A beat passes as Chantou takes another drag of her cigarette, before she turns to the newcomer on the motorbike. "So, what kinda bike do you have there?"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:26:22 AM by Moth »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 01:39:29 AM »
Rev frowned slightly as 2 of his new acquaintances seemed to be getting off to a bad start but quickly put it out of mind when he was offered a chance to talk about Ladybug and get a drink. ”Ladybug here was built as a sports bike initially but she handles pretty well off-road too. Only issue is I have to flog the engine every now and then to keep her running smoothly. Also since you offered I’ll happily take a beer.”
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 02:08:14 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 07:56:56 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 09:30:18 PM »
Chantou nods in confirmation, reaching into the nearby cooler to grab two more beers, before tossing one to Amane and then another to Revya. She takes a sip of her own, before turning her attention back to Reyva. "Ladybug eh? Not a bad name. Maintenance doesn't sound too bad if she's worth it in the end - made any sorta modifications?"

Chantou pauses for a moment as she waits for Reyva to answer, before reaching again for the cooler and withdrawing a third beer. She wordlessly offers it to Aurelia, wiggling her hand slightly as if that'd make her intentions anymore clear.