Author Topic: [CLOSED]Pecking Order  (Read 5975 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
[CLOSED]Pecking Order
« on: February 28, 2019, 10:07:09 AM »
Tiber didn't like the city. Not during the day.

The city was always full of people and people were always full of judgement, the faunus having to hide his facial features to avoid public humiliation. He tucked his scarf higher as he passed an obnoxiously loud group of high school students, avoiding eye contact. Of course the kids didn't even know he was a faunus to begin with or pay any mind to him, but he had always lived with the thought that all those around him would mock him if they saw his face. People were cruel. It's something he had gotten all too familiar with.

He glanced both ways before crossing the street and hurrying to his destination - a gunsmith's shop by the name of 'Chudder's Arms'. He stepped inside, the bell above the door dinging as he did. The man sitting behind the glass counter filled with various weapons, from swords to shotguns, looked over and nodded.

"Aye, Tiber. Good to see you. Had an order, yeah?" he asked.

Tiber nodded and headed for the desk, producing a folded sheet of paper from his front pocket and setting on the glass. The man looked the paper over and nodded. "A bit bigger than your usual order. Guess you're finally 'eadin' to Beacon?"

Again, a silent nod. The man meanwhile went into the back room and returned soon after, carrying with him a knife rig and a holster for a revolver - both of them filled appropriately. "Knife rig, twelve knives, just as you like 'em and a custom revolver. One of my finest, but I like to say that about all of them."

As he handed the items over, however, he paused. "That revolver there can use dust round, per your request. You didn't order any, though. You sure? I could give you a loyal customer discount, lad."

Tiber took the items, strapping the rig around his chest and the holster onto his belt, then glanced towards the man. Dust rounds? Yes, he had asked for the revolver to be able to use them. Tiber was a scavenger, after all - if he were to find any rounds on the field, he wouldn't say no to using them himself. But those things were expensive - and with these last purchases made, he was broke. Slowly he shook his head.

"Well, suit yourself. If you want, you can test your new gear out at the range. I'll cover the ammo for you."

The apparently mute boy simply nodded as a thanks - and the shopkeep got the message. With that, Tiber headed towards the back to test out his revolver. After all, this would be the first time he'd wield such a weapon to begin with.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Re: [CLOSED]Pecking Order
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
The young woman found herself in front of her regular gunsmith’s shop. Her normally long raven black locks have been tied into a nice little bun, as well as wearing her black trench coat as she explored the area around her. The pretty lady didn’t both to hide the x-shaped scar on her cheek, which goes to show how much she cares about staying low. Being in front of the gunsmith’s front, her piercing blue eyes focus on a interesting young fellow making their way to the gun range section of the shop. While she was only here to pick up a gift for her fellow companions, it doesn’t hurt to satisfy her own curiosity about the young man. After all, someone trying to hide is inviting some curiosity from other people.

She stretches out for a little bit before wincing from the pain that shot up through her back. WIth a shaky sigh, she makes her way into the shop. Making a gesture towards the gunsmith that she’ll pick her stuff up later - which the smith acknowledged - the woman made her way to the gun range where she found the kid. Leaning onto the wall and not making her presence known, she simply watches the shady kid try out his gun.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:39:30 AM »
Tiber stepped out into the back where, as expected, one would find a firing range. There were four targets in total, all lined up in four separate firing lines. Controls next to each lane allowed for changing the distance. On the counter by the first firing lane was a box of .357 rounds, probably left by the shopkeep who had already been expecting Tiber.

The boy walked over to the range and propped open the revolver's cylinder - he had studied the actual workings of guns like this in preparation, though he had never held one. He loaded the bullets into the cylinder one by one, then closed it up.

After hefting the weapon for a bit, he raises it in both hands, aims down the lane, and fires. The initial knockback takes him by surprise, the boy folding his elbows back as smoke rises from the barrel before his eyes. Had he hit the target? He couldn't tell, the damn thing was a bit too far away. Nevermind - he continued to fire until all six rounds had been spent. Tiber then turned to the controls and brought the target up close.

Two hits, one of them barely striking the edge of the target, another having hit the area around the target's pelvis. Another shot had struck the white part of the target.

Yikes. 
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »
It was interesting watching the kid use his new gun. It’s like a baby that got to play with a toy for the first time. Though, she supposes that she felt bad when she saw where exactly the boy hit the target. Normally, Artist would just leave it be and be on her way, but she does have time to kill… Against her better judgement - which she has very little of - Artist made her way next to the boy with a rather easygoing smile.

Being next to the kid, Artist was able to study the boy’s feature a lot more closely. The slick hairstyle made him look a lot more appealing, and the additional scarf definitely bumped up the kid’s style points. Otherwise however, he looked very normal, almost rather soft. If Artist wasn’t gunning for someone else, she’d appreciate the kid’s appearance a lot more. Quickly looking away from the kid’s features, she decides that she’ll simply start the conversation.

”So kid, you planning to actually use the gun,” Artist would then gesture towards the target in front of Tiber, ”or is it just for compensation? To be quite frank, it seems like you have no idea on what you’re doing.” Short, blunt, and honest. That’s how Artist rolls and anyone that says otherwise can fuck off.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
Tiber lowers his gun and side-eyes the woman that had approached him. Why had she approached him? Did she spot the beak under his scarf after all? Did she know him somehow? Had she followed hi-

Oh. It appears she was just here to roast him. Fantastic.

The bird faunus chooses not to respond vocally. After all, he doesn't want to reveal his peculiar trait - not that he could actually defend his shooting either way. Even if this was his first time it felt... subpar. Instead he takes a knife off of the rig around his chest and shows it to the woman as he sends the target back. He then flings the knife at said target in a single smooth motion, then another - the blades stike the target first in the chest, then right between where one would find a person's eyes.

Tiber looks to the woman then to the revolver in his hand and shrugs. He had no reason to hide that he was no marksman. He had bought this gun because he knew that grimm were tough sons of bitches, and that there would be fuck all he could do if one of them could tank his knives. Having a weapon that didn't require him to go out and grab it again to reuse it just felt like common sense.

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:16:52 PM »
Artist’s grin widens as the boy shows off his knife throwing skills. It was impressive for sure, but Artist had seen a lot of crazy things before. On the other hand though, it shows the intelligence of the kid to actually branch out of his skills. Though the kid should invest in a better gun to start out with. Artist proceeds to look between the gun and the target before finally returning to look at the kid.

”Pretty impressive, I’ll admit, but that doesn’t make up for your… uh... subpar marksmanship.” Hm, Artist wasn’t sure how to pry the kid open of sorts, since it seems like he’s doing the silent cool kid act with the chunni scarf. Plus, Artist can’t afford to waste too much time… Ah, I know!

Artist turns to the controls to bring the target closer once more, taking each knife out and placing them back into the kid’s rigging. She figures she might as well be polite considering what she’ll be doing next. Sending the target back out, Artist swiftly turns to swipe the revolver from the kid’s hands.

Giving the revolver a little spin (making sure that it won’t go off accidentally), Artist proceeds to quickly load the firearm. Once it’s fully loaded, she takes aim at the target in a swift and methodical matter as she puts a bullet into the target’s forehead. Artist’s shiteating grin grew larger as she turns back to the boy in a… menacing manner? ”Lucky for you kid, I know how to shoot things real good, and I also happen to be bored. Wanna learn?”

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 03:16:01 AM »
Tiber found the woman putting his knifes back on his rig like that a bit odd - the oddity of it seemed to take him out of it enough for the following swipe for his gun by surprise. Tiber cursed himself for not keeping his gun in place with his semblance, but was done was done. As soon as she took hold of the gun, the boy pulled out a knife and took a defensive stance.

It appeared, however, that his worry was misplaced. The woman instead put a bullet in the target's head no problem, making him... Well, he wasn't exactly ecstatic to see the ease with which she had accomplished this.

After a moment of consideration to boy relaxed his stance and put the knife back in its place. He looked to the woman and gave a nod. Not much harm could come from actually learning to shoot before heading off to Beacon. These here were stationary targets, and grimm were not - if he had trouble here, he'd be shit outta luck and jolly well fucked in the field.

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 12:26:30 AM »
”Great!” It’s not great, considering the fact that Artist isn’t great at teaching, but she’ll make do! After all, anything to satisfy her boredom right? Plus, some it’s some time to kill which is always good. Artist would shove the boy’s gun back into his hand as she’d carefully manipulate his hand to properly hold the gun. ”Now you wouldn’t think it, but we’re going to start slow ‘n gentle.” Artist couldn’t help but snark. ”This is the proper way to hold the gun, but there’s some variation to it: make sure you’re comfortable with holding it and brace but not too much.”

Artist would gently and delicately adjust the rest of kid’s body - regardless of social norms - into a better stance for firing a gun. ”Of course you wouldn’t do this in the real world, but it’s good to get used to, plus you can also work from here” No longer holding to any part of boy in front of her, Artist would back up with a rather flippant shrug. ”It’ll be a start, so give it a try will ‘ya?”

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 12:29:40 PM »
Albeit reluctantly, Tiber adjusted his position to the woman's suggestions and prodding. He peered down at the target and paused for a moment. Come to think of it, this was largely what he had read about in preparation for getting his gun, but it somehow didn't stick. Standing like this he felt... rigid. So far from how he preferred to fight with his knives. Discomforting.

Still, he huffed, his scarf shifting just slightly and a sort of faint 'clack' coming from his face - like he had just audibly bit his teeth together - and pulled the trigger, waited a moment to recover from the recoil, and fired again. And true enough, his shot hit a whole lot closer to their mark this time, both striking the target - not perfectly center mass, but close.

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
Artist blinked at the weird audible clack the boy made. She also blinks as the boy actually lands a shot on the target. What a quick learner! She’ll certainly make a shooter out of him. Artist ruffles the kid’s hair as a form of approval as she starts to speak again, ”Alright kiddo, here’s what you’re gonna do. You’ll take a few more shots, and then we’re gonna get you used to firing with one hand. Capiche?” Once again, Artist would begin to poke and prod the boy as she tries to slowly coax his stance into a much more looser but still functional one.

While doing so, Artist renewed her interest at the sound she just heard. She wouldn’t have thought much of it, but being who she is, it might be worth investigating. Though, it wasn’t worth getting called out for any form of harassment or assault, so she’ll tackle this in a normal way. Gently grabbing the kid’s hands and manipulate them into what would hopefully be a better form for him, Artist would casually start an off topic conversation. ”So loser, it’s probably personal and all, but what’s the gun for? The knives? Most normal people wouldn’t be like…” Artist pauses in her ministrations before sort of making a weak gesture to all of the boy, ”like, y’know… You. Edgy.” Artist’s amazing social skills strikes again, like the hero she is! Not really, but she likes to think that.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 02:34:48 AM »
Tiber allowed himself to be prodded further and took another few shots - they didn't seem to be much better or worse than the ones he had just made. Roughly the same, concentrated around center mass. Granted, he took some time between each shot, which he wasn't entirely comfortable doing.

He then glanced towards the woman. Shit, how was he supposed to answer that? He turns towards the target, side-eyeing her. "...Learning. Fhor shkool." Holy smokes, Artist, that's either a really thick accent or a really bad lisp on the 'f' and the 's'. Almost like there's almost certainly something wrong with his teeth or lips, at the very least. The boy simply reloads his gun, however.

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 08:47:34 PM »
Artist got severe whiplash hearing the kid speak. He looked like a rather nice kid, playing up the quiet guy stereotype. If anything, she expected a softer voice from her. Hell, she would’ve even taken whispers. Instead, she ends up visibly confused by whatever Tiber just said as she pieces together what he just said. Normally, she’s much more generous on things like this, but damn did that surprise her. Reigning in all visible confusion, Artist starts moving her mouth as if she was going to speak but has no idea what to say. ”For…. School. Right.” She pauses again as she didn’t piece together what that meant after she tried to understand what the kid said. ”Ah. School! Huntsman right? Beacon maybe?”

Artist would pause again as she kinda awkwardly pats Tiber’s shoulders as she tries to voice her next comment albeit weakly. ”So uh. What’s up with the uh… pronunciation mangling you got there.” If Artist was anything, she’s straight to the point.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:49:07 PM by NotSurprised »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 10:05:09 AM »
Tiber nodded as the woman mentioned Beacon, calmly holstering his gun and taking a few extra bullets with him. He figured he might as well use the shopkeeper's generosity and take some spare ammo - he'd need it at Beacon and who knows when he'd get the chance to buy some more.

Tiber stares at Artist for a bit, before tugging his scarf up and... shrugging. Just a plain, simple shrug - he hopes the woman wouldn't pry too much. He hated having to explain his situation for a multitude of reasons, and there was no reason for him to believe this chick would be... pleasant towards his kind.

Better play it safe.

My good ole AMA

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 02:03:44 AM »
Blank, dead eyes stare back at Tiber. Artist is basically leading their “conversation”, if you can even call it that, and she’s getting absolutely no verbal responses from the kid. Most normal people would be weirded out at this point and just back off. Fortunately for Artist, and unfortunately for Tiber, Artist is the opposite of normal and is all the more determined to figure out the kid’s shtick. After all, that’s her best trait! If her subordinates and bosses say so, then it definitely is. That’s besides the point though, since she has a new “project” to focus on right now.

The dead eyes revive as they fill with burning determination. ”Well, alright then. Say, what do you think about hanging out for a bit? I’ve got a bit of free time and you seem interesting enough to stick around with. Hell, you can decide what we'll do, I'm down with whatever!” By the end of the day, Artist will definitely find out what she wants to know, and no one can stop her.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 08:23:59 AM »
Ah, fuck.

Tiber's gaze glides to the side as he attempts to figure out a way to get the woman off his back. She picked up on his 'lisp' quite quickly, so he didn't want to speak much lest he reveal more. So, he responded with another shrug as he turned around to simply walk out of the range and out of the shop, nodding to the shopkeeper as Tiber passed him.

The bird faunus didn't even check if the woman was following him. He figured she was. He stopped in front of the shop and looked around - well, shit, he didn't actually have any other plans for that day. He hadn't moved to Beacon just yet and he sure as hell wasn't going to head back home with this chick on his trail.

As such, he chose to do what any logical person would.

He hauled ass down the street, hoping to hell he could just outpace her. It was worth a shot, at least.

My good ole AMA