Author Topic: Taking A Bull By The Horns [PLOT] [CLOSED] [FOREVER FALL]  (Read 9931 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Taking A Bull By The Horns [PLOT] [CLOSED] [FOREVER FALL]
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 11:37:22 PM »
The Ursa whimpered as both of its legs got attacked from the sides, one by Topaz and another by Airi. With a large crash, the beast fell onto some crates, knocking them aside while struggling against the wire wrapped around its leg. Whilst still tied, the beast struggled under its own weight and lack of support from its now smoking leg and roared in defiance as it tried yanking against Airi's wire to free itself.

Almost wriggling free, the Ursa yanked one more time with enough force to knock Airi off balance if she wouldn't let go, and managed to plant the wire caught leg back up. It took a swipe at Topaz, missing completely as it stumbled on one injured leg, and tried again, only to get a face full of nevermore from above while Vivian landed towards its head. Several more flying grimm were taken down by Sheer's burst with a joint barrage by the remaining Atlesian Knights and the birds dispersed leaving but a few stragglers and one very angry ursa on the ground.

Peeking out from one of the cars near the back of the train, a man in a white cropped suit with red hair observed the fight with interest and shooed away a small nevermore with a small slap of his hand. He pulled out a scroll not a moment later and deactivated the remaining Atlesian Knights, prompting them to curl down after marching back into the car, despite some of them still getting assaulted by small grimm.

"Good good. That's what you huntsmen are for. Though I do have to say your efficiency leaves some...area for improvement." He said, arms set back as he strutted towards the ursa. Spotting Vivian in the air, he took a few steps back and checked his watch. Almost as if he were timing the end of the encounter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Professor William Nox observed the rather coincidentally coordinated attempt by the quad of huntsmen-in-training and grumbled something about his tools lying all over the train car. There wasn't much left for him to do but tidy up as the kids would probably take care of the ursa any moment now, though that left him to wonder what started the grimm attack in the first place. Whatever it was it wasn't exactly his area of expertise so he started browsing his scroll for more info about the train while several of his 0ddb0ts started cleaning up, one of the drone versions sparking at the joints as it moved.

Crimson Express. Yadda yadda, same stuff as before. Unfortunately digging deeper into the databases wasn't his speciality so he gave up the search and instead have a bot fly out the window to sirvey the train.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ducking back behind the car Kei hid as the white-suited man appeared. He looked important enough to be familiar with the people on board and observant enough to see through a disguise. She cursed her luck as she siddled back into the engineering section of the train and could hear murmurs about an odd fast moving object coming from the front of the train. It was still a ways away but no further info was spoken as some engineers scrambled back to their stations as a large mechanical groaning echoed through the car.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:42:45 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 11:45:42 PM »
Topaz dodged the weak excuse for an attack by the Ursa while watching it fall to the ground now with one less leg but even with its rapid weight loss it wasn't quite done yet. Not giving the Grimm any more time to react she raced forward towards and this time went for the neck of the beast. As she approached she did notice that the guards around her who were just firing their guns had all gone mysterious quiet for no apparent reason.

This little nugget of information was enough for Topaz to decide to abort her current course of action as she quickly changed direction to be in front of the Ursa. Sliding to a stop she swung Lithium down carelessly onto the Ursas face while scanning the rest of the cart and seeing now that the guards were deactivated for some reason.

"Hey! Whats going on with the robots!?" She yelled out to the rest of the students.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
Vivian dropped from the sky a moment later, slamming her elbow down on the Ursa's upper back as it lay there stunned. She was pretty sure her rabbit ears picked up the sound of cracking bone, but that didn't mean it couldn't still get back up. Even after Topaz struck it on the face, she figured it would be best to make absolutely sure. From her spot atop the weakened beast's back, she kneeled down and pulled both her arms back before beginning a rapid barrage of steel punches. Her arms moved at an unnaturally fast rate, absolutely pummeling the Ursa's skull from behind like two jackhammers. Both arms let out the whir of spinning motors, showing no signs of tiring out. Despite the furiousness of her fists, Vivian herself looked rather calm. Her head tilted as she observed the Ursa curiously, trying to figure out if it was still alive.

"Hmm..." The assault of metal slowed down, giving the monster a few more solid hooks before she finally stopped. "... Yep." If it hadn't been already, it was definitely dead now. The lack of movement from the monster as well as the dark steam emanating from its now partially flattened head just about confirmed it.

Somewhat distracted by her own attack, Vivian didn't realize what exactly Topaz was talking about until after she hopped off of the Ursa and took a look around. The Atlesian Knights were abandoning them. That was... odd? Definitely not what was supposed to be happening. "Maaaybe they're leaving the rest to us? Those bots are probably expensive." It seemed unlikely, but she was unable to come up with any other reasoning.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 04:20:08 AM »
Airi regained her balance after being pulled by the Ursa shortly before its demise.  Straightening out her outfit, she looked towards the deactivating Knights in response to the exclamations by the other students.  "Hmm, that's strange indeed.  But forget about it for now, let's secure the area quickly and move on."  With that, she brandished her blade and swung at several small Grimm that were harassing the deactivating Knights.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 09:10:58 AM »
     "Expensive indeed, miss Xanthia. Though not nearly as important as our cargo." The man in the white suit stated, fixing his tie as he approached the young fighters. "Having intervened when not asked was appreciated but not required."

With a quick swipe on his scroll the deactivated Atlesian Knights marched towards the back of the train and took out any straggling grimm with short bursts of machine gun fire. "Jonathan Crimson, if you wish to address me but please don't use any frivolous nicknames. Now where were we?"

Studying the students with a cool gaze, Jonathan - not much older than Professor Nox himself - audibly clicked his tongue as he noticed the small wreckage and now-deceased Ursa. "No need for introductions, I have your files on my scroll right here. But since I'm here I suppose I could entertain any questions for the time being." Jonathan said, glancing every now and then at the back of the train. "But before I do I must ask," he paused, raising what seemed to be a faux moustache

"Have any of you lost a moustache?"
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »
"Oh! Oh! Me!" One of Vivian's hands shot up, waving a bunch at the strange moustache man as she jumped a couple of times. After a moment, she snickered, bringing the arm back down. "Nah, just kidding. No clue who lost it. But, like, I'll definitely take that off your hands if you don't want it." What purpose for a fake moustache could she possibly have? Vivian herself didn't even know, but that was totally only because she didn't have one.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
"What?" Topaz quietly muttered to herself as she was confused by the man who called himself Jonathan Crimson. She assumed this person was the one who put the request for the job up but, why was he intervening? And why does he care about a fake mustache? It could have been left over from a previous rider. With these thoughts swirling around her head Topaz spoke up, "I can't say it's mine either but I think there are more pressing matters at hand. For instance, who are you?". She continued to maintain eye contact with the man and did not lower her weapon, after all strangers that suddenly appear on a train usually are not too trust worthy.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 02:34:17 AM »
Tossing the mustache with an almost devil-may-care flick of his wrist, Jonathan seceded the prop and stared back at Topaz with an equally leering gaze only to soften as he realized just how stupid the kid might be. "You don't read much, do you?" he claimed, pulling his scroll out and  barely giving Topaz any acknowledgement.

It should have been obvious from his surname alone. He owned the train, or rather the company in which it did services for, a somewhat new face in the bustling and demanding delivery services which seemed to explode onto the scene not too long back.  Two swipes on his scroll and he sent the aforementioned details to the kids, disappointed that his hired help was so incompetent.

"This is why I prefer robots and mechs, they don't raise guns at those who bought them." he muttered, turning away. "Coincidentally, where is your professor? I'm guessing back with his drones as usual? There's something I need to ask of him if he's not too busy."
Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »
While Topaz was confronting this Jonathan Sheer Gold was already looking up with his scroll searching for the name but then the man just sent his detail over. Seems legit. Although it would be best to confirm with Professor Nox.

Professor Nox,

Is this person our employee? Just checking for impostors with you to be safe. Also, he is asking to talk to you. Should I direct him to you?

Sheer

Sheer attached file sent by Jonathan and sent it the professor's way. Sheer decided he should get a response before actually talking anything important, though talking something else could do.
"Robots and mechs aren't a tenth as versatile or resourceful as a human with relevant training, say us. At least for the foreseeable five, ten years... but by the time the robots can think as well as we do the 'don't raise gun' would kind of be nullified. For now, you're better off installing turrets for exterior defenses if blind obedience is what you wanted."
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 01:06:44 AM »
     Jonathan scoffed at Sheer's reply and bit back,  sneering. "Robots," He said, "DO NOT disobey orders and can do much more than be stationary dummy's. I don't know what they teach you at Beacon but obviously discipline is not one of them. A waste of potential, a waste of money, a waste or resources, it's all pointless if you do not do as needed! What if you brats damaged the rear cars? What then? The 'robots' are at least easily programmed, but a sassy little kid wouldn't mind as long as it looked 'COOL'!" The man's face twisted as he spoke but just as quickly as it came, it was gone. "Besides, if I lose an Atlesian Knight all I need to do is replace them. Isn't that right, Professor Nox?"

"I share some of your sentiments, Jonathan, but not to the same extents." The wild-haired professor replied, "For one I believe all things have a place. As complicated as they may act." Not once did he look up from his scroll until a drone flew by and flew straight to the back car. Jonathan's eye's widened but a knight quickly grabbed the bot out of mid-air, bringing it over to Nox a moment later.

"Now, now, Professor, you know better than to send your contraptions flying about wildly." He said.
     "yes, yes. Now, what is it that you needed me for?" William asked,
     Jonathan  smiled, "Just a little project you worked on a while back. See, I have people interested in your past dabbling in semblance-aiding machines, Project Facad- Let's take this talk elsewhere. Children, you may return to your quarters." Professor Nox's eyes darted from his scroll to Jonathan, sizing up the smile with an almost suspicious gaze but with nothing more than a nod to the huntsmen-in-training, he followed Jonathan to the rear trains, his drone flying beside him as he did.

As Jonathan and William disappeared behind a car door, Kei entered the Students' common room, or car, or whatever they called the damned things, and noted the mess the professor left. It was in disarray as always but had a bit of a hint of organization to it, albeit ugly. She needed to know what was in the cars at the back and figure out why the White Fang were so interested in this train. Something was fishy, and from the little she overheard, it may have to do with some weird project.

Clicking her tongue as the students started walking back, she adopted her Conductor persona while sighing upon seeing her mustache in the hands of some random girl.

Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »
Sheer considers Jonathan's rebuttal and concedes one of the points when he sees professor's drone being grabbed out of the air. If only they were that good when actually fighting...
Also now Sheer kind of wants to take a peek at the rear car, but out of professionalism he kind of isn't supposed to. So he put that thought behind his mind and went the ladder meeting mis...ter conductor.
"Hello Mr. conductor! Having a good day investigating the car?"
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 09:53:42 AM »
While the others spoke amongst themselves, Vivian simply stared at the newly acquired mustache that she held in her hand, giggling to herself. Even as Jonathan ripped into the students, she held it up to her face, looking over at Airi for a moment to show off her new accessory. Unbeknownst to her, she was almost perfectly proving his point on discipline. It took the arrival of the professor for her to realize that she should probably be paying attention. Apparently, it was too late, as she was already totally lost. Something about a semblance doohickey? Before she could ask, they were on their way out. Her rabbit ears drooped a little, but she quickly shrugged it off.

Along with the others, she made her way back towards their car, slipping the fake mustache into one of her front pockets. "That guy was totally weird... I see why him and the professor get along."

Upon their return to the passenger area, the faunus went to her seat and slumped in the chair once again. Rather than stare out the window, she kept a curious eye on the conductor of indeterminable gender. While she wasn't attentive enough to be even a bit suspicious about them being there, she definitely had to wonder if this person was looking for their mustache, as it wouldn't look too out of place on them...

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2018, 10:50:52 PM »

Crap, with all the earlier commotion Kei didn't expect to have to deal with the kids so soon. Sure, some are just a year younger than her, but she was never good at playing the upperclassman bit. Would they recognize her? Probably not. Her disguise was too good for even herself! Proper uniform, proper posture...accent? Typical Valian should be okay, but mannerisms should reflect her current character. Meticulous to a fault, a little green on the ears to reflect age and inexperience; should cover for whatever screw up she'll have when acting, and maybe a bit of enthusiasm in recognizing young passengers.

Disguise and persona ready? Well, ready as she'll ever be.

"Good day, passengers. We don't really take people as cargo but I guess strapping you all to the cars is out of the question, eh?" Kei spoke, her voice a little lower to reflect a young man's but not too low as to be out of place. "The car...seems to be in a bit of a mess but I trust you are enjoying your ride? A little exercise with that Ursa back there limber your limbs up? Haha."

Going through what seemed to be at least proper inspection procedures, Kei took off he hat, revealing her dog ears and a black lace on her ponytail, with swept back hair slick to the touch and shiny as if set, and began checking the car for...stuff.

"All comfortable I'm guessing? No problems save for the little mess Professor Nox left behind?" Kei slipped, why would she know the professor?! She's just the conductor! Quick...an excuse...an exc- Ah, "He and the boss there go way back, I think. Was  really expected given the cargo being dust and all!"

Nice save. Now for small talk. What did these kids know? The car rumbled in annoyance as if pressing her for time, but she knew she had to get as much as she can. "How did you find the boss so far? A bit stingy? It's okay, I won't tell." Kei added, winking as she did.
Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 01:23:28 AM »
"He's got the mindset for a boss for sure. When I think about robotic guards I think about their utility and adaptability, but he thinks in terms of cost to produce and ease of deployment." Sheer watches the conductor's inspection with interest. "The boss must also pretty approachable huh? Considering he told you about his buddy. Well, so would I probably, but I suppose having a nice boss is good?"

Not to us though. I suppose hired guards and regular employees are different enough?

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 04:18:46 AM »
Returning to her seat, Airi agreed with Sheer's comment on the boss, about his mindset being on cost and efficiencies rather than flexibility of usage.  She took a quick glance at the conductor speaking to them, before laying her head back against the headrest.  With her eyes closed out of habit on long-distance travels, she added, "his faith in his robots is misplaced.  They lack intuition, but I suppose he's unlikely to think of that as a meaningful drawback.  However, I don't think I can call him eccentric quite yet like I would the Professor."