Author Topic: First Year 1v1 2nd Round: Catalina V Nathan[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 23468 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 2nd Round: Catalina V Nathan[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:41 AM »
Nathan waited. And waited. And waited. Damn he was patient. The fire was probably out by now. Still, he could probably hold this place for a while, as boring a 'fight' as that would be. There was no way he was just going to run into a blatant trap; instead, he just stayed there.

Bringing himself back up, he set foot on Ergia, holding himself against the cliff with one hand and onto the staff with the other. Looking upwards and listening out, he was ready to both jump up and rip Ergia free of its socket at a moment's notice.

He never would've thought he'd be using his weapon as a branch substitute.

(Aura: 46.5%)
(Ergia slugs: 215 | 300)
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2016, 08:40:16 AM »
Fine. You beat me in patience. Not going to stall the situation any further, Cata just walked towards the cliff, peeked at his opponent's position and immediately jumped back, having his hammer swung to meet the probably flying up opponent. This fight will be great again!
[Swing for 8% damage]
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
[Grab graciously allowed by Siuwa.]

Nathan heard the guy approach and tensed, ready to jump out of the way of any shots that may come. Instead, he just looked as Catalina swung the hammer at him.

From waayy too far away.

Just as the head smashed a tiny portion of the cliffside apart, Nathan jumped up, grabbing the handle right above the head and using it to pull himself up, all the while removing Ergia from the weakness in the stone. As he almost quite literally flew upwards and over his opponent, he activated Ergia's effect and bapped the man in the head before landing on the other side and swinging hard, trying to make him fall off the cliff.

(Head bap: 5% + 5% + 3%, possibility of slight confusion. Swing from the plateau: 10% + 5% + 3%, could Knock poor Catalina off the cliff or upset his balance enough to make him fall or scramble.)
(Aura: 46.5%)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2016, 11:17:31 PM »
Catalina didn't just watch and got rekt. Instead he evaded the head bap and turned to face Nathan, and tried to swing back against the staff. It is not quick enough to block it though, and he swung it at Nathan instead, standing firm and not getting knocked off. Then he sprayed all the remaining dust and started chasing him back.
[Aura 27%]
[Hammer swing has 10% aura damage, and the flame can deal 4% damage for 20 seconds at most with and range of 5 meters]
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2016, 05:33:22 AM »
Yes! A hit! Fucking finally, this was getting somewhere!

Ducking under the hammer swing, Nathan could only back up and run away from the goddamn heat, getting singed a bunch before reaching a safe range. After that, he basically just kept his distance from the other guy, making sure to not get squeezed into a corner like a newbie.

(Aura: 34.5%)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 11:12:49 PM »
Jeez, he was quick.
Shaking to check the contents left unused, hmm... 10 sec ot so...
Whatever. I can shoot away again!
Take this hardly dodgable distance gained, Cat transformed and fired shots again, keeping the shots low and have them explode on the ground near Nathan. That way he can maybe do damage more reliably.
[Each shot still does 2% damage over 2 meter radius, he have 10 shots left]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:11:57 AM by Siuwa »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 06:00:42 AM »
Oh for crying out loud! Again?? Fine. Be that way.

Running around and getting caught in a few blasts before ducking behind the boulder that was previously used by Cat, Nathan turned Ergia into rifle form and, when the tranformation was completed, came out with the greeting of a hail of tungsten. At this range, the guy stood little chance against an automatic assault rifle.

(Aura: 28.5%, he got caught in 3 shots)
(Ergia slugs before post: 215 | 300)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »
Cata chased with firing when he saw Nathan running Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! and did swore audibly FUCK!! when he saw the assault rifle pointing at him and received a hell lot of pebbles and shots flying around trying to duck into the opposite side of the boulder. Just have to use it now, it seems.
Cat smashed his trump card right on to his back.
The back still figuratively burning received a great cooling and soothing effect immediately, his aura strengthening and he can turn around and fight once again.
With that said, well, thought he moved faster around and turned to attack again!
[Mentally cue Before my body is dry if you want to. Or something you wanted to cue for a comeback.]
First he will move around and catch up to his opponent on swinging range. Then the fight should be over in this series of moves, maybe. Cat concentrated his aura field on the front and sprouted a battering ram onto Nathan as spontaneously as possible on his center of mass and make sure he will give him a Take That! on the direction he dodged, spewing whatever he's got left to make sure he got the hit on Nathan. If the match isn't over by then he may have to throw it or something in order to engage in hand to hand combat, and it'll be the coolest win/lost he will ever have!
[The battering ram attack could be hit with at most 12% damage. His swing can deal 7% to 13% damage taking account of what there is still in for the muzzles to spew out.]
[Aura at 18% and rising]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
As soon as his opponent started closing in too much, Nathan switched Ergia back to staff form, activating the heat and electricity as soon as the transformation was complete. At the ready, he turned to Catalina as the guy rounded the boulder. Not waiting to see what he had in store or for him to get a bit too close for comfort, Nathan bunched up a bit and jumped onto the boulder, narrowly avoiding whatever the fuck it was that had just shot past his legs and simultaneously getting a bit too far for the swing to reach him, although the heat escaping from the head of the hammer singed his toes a little.

He had him.

As the hammer crashed into the boulder's side, Nathan jumped towards his enemy, swinging Ergia as fast as he could without using his semblance at the general neck, chest, shoulders and arm area of the man below. He didn't put too much weight behind it, though, partly to keep mobile but also to not injure his opponent.

(Diving swing: 10% + 5% + 3%)
(Aura: 21.5%, -7% due to the stuff in the nozzles)
(Ergia slugs: 200 | 300)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
Jack Pettibone watched patiently from the stands, smirking the entire time. Know your enemy and know yourself, and you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. He was not about to make a mistake like the one that had almost cost him the match with Murk. Not against Nobody, especially not then.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 05:12:10 AM »
Oh. That's cool, aaand block...
Nope, can't make it, NO! Catch! He knows this is absolutely bringing himself down and he won't be winning whatsoever, but if they go on all the way then it would be a literal sudden death and in no way he would be participating in-
It stung. Like. Hell. OW! And the whole arm is aching!

What?? No? The match hasn't been called, no turning back now!
He mustered all his strength in his other hand where it didn't ache at all and threw it away at Nathan's general direction and missed. The attempts at jabbing was meet with jabbings from the staff point-for-point and to jump in buzzer.

Jumping back out he glanced his aura gauge and his aura is just above 15% and still rising.
But why? Thinking about this his right palm and hurt and didn't hurt in a quick succession. Under the familiar feeling of his right hand mending he can make sense of it and come up with a theoryhypothesis. It's a hypothesis. So when he made the aura battering ram he didn't move it back quick enough to his right hand and got full power smashed on.
That said better check for a bit. The muscles is aching and the joints- he winced at touching it but it's not flailing around loose so that can't be too bad. The palm is a bit worse however and is reddening.
Seeing the medics waiting at the exit he picked his hammer up and walked to them and have them check.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »
Nathan couldn't stop himself from grinning a bit as the blow landed. Yes, thank fucking goodness, this was over!

...Wait, what? No buzzer? The hell? The grin dropped like a ton of bricks as he watched his opponent's face contort in pain. What?? Nathan still managed to dodge the wild swing and gently booped the guy in the stomach. Aaah, NOW there was a buzzer.

Nathan disengaged and looked up at one of the signs displaying the Aura meters. Huh, weird, Cat's was rising. Funky. Well, as far as he could tell, he won. Now, to take care of a little something...

Transforming Ergia into its normal cylinder shape, he started jogging towards the hammer wielder, putting his weapon in its harness as he came up to him. "Hey, man, you okay?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 05:54:45 PM »
Hearing what his opponent said and clearly responding to it,
The aura level's up, hopefully. Just still gonna check it out. Stopping to pick the hammer up and gathering to speak, BY WALKING AWAY FROM THE BATTLE, I ACCEPT THE OUTCOME OF THE VICTORY OVER CATALINA GLENN- (leaned on the wall next to the exit already) BY NATHAN EAU. (Returned to a weaker voice) Now, medic please check my arms for potential injuries.
Edit: Specified the first sentence is to respond to Nathan then smoothed the whole process.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:44:32 PM by Siuwa »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 06:57:56 PM »
Oh thank goodness, he seemed mostly fine. "Hmm. Well, lemme know if I can do anything. That fight was fucking awesome, by the way. You were a great challenge."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »
Cool, the officials is here along with the medics, one thing he can request them. I request my post match analysis to include the technical reason I lost, either by sensing critical aura, outspoken forfeit or the act of touching the wall of the arena or something else. Continuing to check if he is alert or verbal or in agony, which he sure is alert,
Good match Nathan, you beat me soundly.
He is informed that he outstretched his right arm, and his fingers at his left hand and right palm received slight heat burn. That is something he is telling the media waiting outside. Hopefully.