Author Topic: Huntsmen Bracket 1st Round: Nike V Astrid[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 12261 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Huntsmen Bracket 1st Round: Nike V Astrid[Limited: 2/8]
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »
"ALRIGHT, FOLKS, THIS IS IT!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FIRST ROUND OF THE HUNTSMEN BRACKET!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS YOU F ҉   ҉ KER!" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "THIS IS THE HIGHEST STAKES BRACKET IN THE TOURNAMENT AND IT SHOULD NOT DISAPPOINT!  PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FIRST ROUND, WE'VE GOT BEACON GRADUATES! OUR FIRST COMBATANT IS NIKE FORTUNATO! OUR SECOND COMBATANT IS ASTRID SNOWFLOWER! BOTH OF THESE COMBATANTS HAVE PREFORMED AMAZINGLY IN THE PAST, LET'S SEE IF THEY CAN KEEP IT UP! ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! DEREK, YOU'D BETTER HAVE IT LAND ON SOMETHING INTERESTING THIS TIME! .... IT'S RANDOM!?" The crowed cheered, signalling the beginning of the end for the third year 2v2 rounds.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Dust Field and Dust Field.

An extra layer of the invisible barrier separating the audience from the arena appears."JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EXPLOSIVE MATCH!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose a single new floor. The entire floor became a rocky mess. boulders littered the grounds, and within the floor and rocks, an immense amount of dust crystals stuck out into the air. (Dust crystals are explosive, good luck.)

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Nike gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsmen Bracket 1st Round: Nike V Astrid[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 10:05:09 PM »
Nike strolled onto the arena and gives a raised eyebrow at the environment, her golden armor glistens with the glow from the crystals.
"My my isn't this going to be fun, times I wish I could fly with these wings," Nike said to herself as she poked a tiny ore of dust crystals and watch the thing go off in a tiny harmless bang. She looks towards her opponent, Asterisk, a fellow graduate with a smile. She pulls Prometheus out and switches it to its spear form.
"Let's us have a great fight!"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:11:32 PM by LuckyStar »
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »
Stepping out and looking around at all the dust, Astrid said, "Indeed. No matter the outcome, know that it is a great pleasure to go head to head with another huntress." Drawing her weapon in rifle form from her back and spinning it around her hand once, Astrid said, "En garde."

(Just a little note, Astrid is a Haven graduate, not a Beacon one.)

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:16:11 PM »
Okay long range first I see Nike though as she raised her shield Eva and faced it towards Asterisk. She took a step forward to test the waters before she dashed forward, leaping over the mines and aimed for a downward poke.

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 11:28:01 PM »
As Nike approached, Astrid fired her rifle with one hand, causing a large cloud of smoke to exit the barrel along with the large bullet. Allowing the gun's massive recoil to throw her back a few feet, Astrid performed a backwards roll just as the weapon finished transforming into a sword to bring it up into an upward swing, parrying the spear, then back-stepping.

(Direct hit from Anti-Goliath rifle - 18% Aura Depletion)
(Also, be sure to include the aura damage of your attacks)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:37:32 PM by Asterisk »

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 04:32:06 AM »
Nike blocks the bullet with Eva and as her spear gets parried, she brings her shield down on Asterisk.

(Shield attack -10%)
(Current Aura- 100%)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:58:13 AM by LuckyStar »

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 07:15:44 AM »
(Blocking an attack negates the damage so your character was still at full before this post)

As Nike brought her shield down, Astrid transformed her sword into a spear, blocking it with the shaft that shot out back along with the stock, also aiming it towards her stomach. Immediately after, she transformed it again. The bottom extended portion of her weapon which reached past Nike's defense under her shield opened, as the stock still unfolding into a scythe blade slashed at her torso with the force of a guillotine.

(Direct hit from extending spear shaft: 4%
Direct Hit from unfolding scythe blade: 12%)

(Current Aura: 100%)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:33:11 AM by Asterisk »

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
(OOC: First time formal fight with aura really)

Nike gets hit by the shaft and falls backwards, narrowly avoiding getting hit by the scythe.
Multiple Weapon Shifts... I got a plan for victory Nike thinks as she charges forward again, Eva facing Asterisk. Prometheus is raised over her head as lunges her spear at Asterisk, but as a faint. The real attack came from a kick. Whether it hits or doesn't, Nike would follow it up with cartwheel backwards.

[Current Aura- 94%]
[Kick- 5%]

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »
As Nike was knocked back, Astrid said, "Wow, you're pretty good." Spinning her weapon, now in the form of a double-headed scythe in front to block the spear, ending up blocking the kick too, she fired a shot at a dust deposit near Nike just as she was in the middle of the cartwheel, causing it to explode. The recoil transformed the top scythe blade into pole-axe form as Astrid charged and swung it towards Nike, bringing her weapon into a half-spin using the momentum to slash at her with the now-straight blade on the other end.

(Splash Damage from Exploding Dust: 6%
Direct hit from axe blade: 14%
Direct hit from straight blade: 12%)

(Aura: 100%)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:52:01 PM by Asterisk »

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »
Nike smiled as she raised her shield and blocked the attacks from Asterisk's polearm and straight blade. Asterisk was good.
"I would say the same thing about you," Nike switch Prometheus to its sword form and got in real close, but her sword pointed down, she raised her shield and jumped, at the same time Prometheus switches to its spear form and making the largest vein of dust crystals near Asterisk explode. The force of the explosion would send Nike into the air, her shield facing towards Asterisk.

(Dust Explosion- 20%)
(Current Aura- 88%)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:03:13 PM by LuckyStar »

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 05:34:05 PM »
Already wary of the large mound of dust next to them, along with seeing Nike's sword pointed towards it, Astrid jumped and fired another shot into the shield sending her flying backwards and only catching the edge of the explosion. Backflipping while transforming her weapon back into a rifle and landing on a one-knee position, Astrid fired another shot at Nike's shield while the woman was in the air. The bullet would be able to send Nike flying backwards. Charging straight towards where she calculated Nike would fall while transforming the stock into a scythe blade again, Astrid aimed to hook it around the shield to pull it aside, then firing a shot at the exposed woman's chest.

(Aura: 93%, Bullets: 15 | 35)

(Direct Hits (3 Shots) from Anti-Goliath Rifle: 18% Aura Depletion each)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:42:49 PM by Asterisk »

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »
Nike saw the bullets incoming she switch the round shield to its tower shield form to block the shots, sending her backwards but also help her stay in the air. She quickly switches it back to watch a scythe coming up and spreads her wings, slowing her descent a bit to land atop the scythe and watch the shot miss. Calculated attack, then I guess I shall give her more She used the chance she had now to unleashed a flurry of stabs at Asterisk's upper body, keeping a distance close enough to prevent Asterisk from effectively using her polearm and scythe. She held her spear in an interesting way, her hand was much closer to the head.

(Current- 88%)
(Direct Stabs[5]- 10% each)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:12:03 PM by LuckyStar »

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »
As soon as Nike landed on top of the barrel of her weapon, Astrid fired it, the recoil destabilizing the other woman and sending Astrid flying backwards which she regained herself again, spinning her weapon in front to block any attacks that may come before transforming it into sword form and holding it with both hands.

(Aura: 93%, Bullets: 14 | 34)

(Gonna say that Nike did not land on the scythe and instead the barrel of the rifle on the other side because first, landing on the open scythe head wouldn't be possible unless Nike teleported behind Astrid, and second because all blades on her weapon are sharp all around so Nike would have gotten hurt. Also, I don't think Nike's shield can open faster than a bullet going at Mach 4, not even putting into account her reaction time.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:34:35 PM by Asterisk »

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 07:35:32 PM »
(Sorry Asterisk's weapon is the most confusing thing to imagine sometimes, also the way I thought Nike landed would be on the flat side of the scythe or where the blade and the pole connect)

Nike was not surprised by the sudden disappearance of a platform, she used the length of the pole behind her to act as a pivot and lands nearer to Asterisk. She begins to  thrust forward, attacking mercilessly yet keeping up a strong defense

(Current- 88%)
(Thrust- 12%)

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
Astrid waited for Nike to rush at her with a grin. Deflecting the first thrust with the forward blade as the stock came out and transformed into the rear blade in straight form, she deflected another attack before launching a massive flurry of her own attacks, swinging and spinning her weapon around her body at high speeds while both transforming blades hacked endlessly at Nike. Every single blow from Nike was parried by Astrid and every single one of Astrid's were deflected by Nike.

The crowd went wild, cheering and screaming out their favored combatants' names upon seeing the merciless onslaught of steel brought upon by the goddess of victory and the whirling dervish of destruction as they engaged in a dance of blades.

(Aura: 93%, Bullets: 14 | 34)
(Attacks: 12% each)

(Let's get some terminology set to avoid confuzzling anybody:
- Forward Blade: The blade under the rifle going along the barrel. Works like Crescent Rose, but starting with a straight blade, both sides are sharp, and can fold further into an axe blade. If the gun is held right way up, Forward Blade points downwards in scythe mode.
- Rear Blade: The blade that the stock transforms into. Basically a faster transforming version of Qrow's sword. If the gun is held right way up, Rear Blade points upwards in scythe mode.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:03:37 PM by Asterisk »