Author Topic: Beacon's summer formal dance [Closed 12/12]  (Read 18112 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Beacon's summer formal dance [Closed 12/12]
« on: September 12, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »
Continuing from the original.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Beacon's summer formal dance [Closed 12/12]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 01:45:05 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
given that it can't be edited. Consider this post a replacement for the final post I made in the archived thread

Gray was simply scowling as Jack spoke to him but had to admit he was surprised when the boy grabbed him and lifted him off the ground. "I WAS REJECTING HER YOU BLOODY-"  Gray cut himself off as he realised exactly what Jack was doing. He was then dropped by the boy and fell to his knees.

"all his fault. He's manipulating everyone and painting me as the monster for the shit he pulled." Gray muttered to himself as his anger swelled. He then got to his feet with a look of utter hatred directed at Jack. "YOU MOTHER FUCKER!" As he yelled Gray's aura began glowing around him before it appeared to shatter like glass. With incredible speed he dashed at Jack sending a punch straight at his face. If the blow connected it would likely send the boy careening backwards into the ballroom doors.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
Ismael heard yelling as the doors were about to shut. He looked through to see Gray kneeling on the ground. Ismael's aura bursted and infused with a red aura which filled in where the white was. Ismael almost blurs as he sprints to the group then appears in between Gray and Jack. Ismael then realized Gray was going to punch Jack when he felt a fist slam into his face. Ismael's head tilted with the hit, but other than that he didn't move all too much. Ismael stood there and said in a low and angered tone, "Stop, or this'll make it's way to the staff". Ismael then goes to take Gray by the collar and pulls him off to the side to say, "What's up? This isn't like you". Ismael stands there and waits for an answer.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 06:48:49 PM »
"Haha, wel-" As Marigold too heard yelling at the front, she also saw that Ismael had already gotten there and was sorting out the situation before she had even finished considering whether they should butt in or not. She saw a lot of angry people, Cheri and Red included, and Jack was there too. And so was Gray. And Orabel Arachne, the CEO of Arachne Industries and Strelka's teammate. And one of the girls that Jack had brought in. And another girl she recognized as Stella and Jack's teammate. Oh boy, what a situation. Walking up to them, she said, "He's right. I know it isn't in my place to interject, but everyone's trying to enjoy tonight and this fight isn't going to make that happen. It will only escalate and attract more attention, as it did with Ismael and I, and there will only be more and more people gathering around until eventually a member of the staff finds their way here."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:52:29 PM by Asterisk »

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:30:49 AM »
As she was totally not hiding behind Red and listening to him, Prim could see Cheri entering the immediate area. Saying that she looked surprised would be a major understatement. Red then beckoned her over, which Cheri complied to. After fixing her makeup of course. Oh and Noir did not look happy. And Noir was not looking happy at her. Prim really didn't get why Noir was glaring at her and not Red, he was the one who turned her down. Why her? She knew that it wouldn't do her any good to think about it any further though, so Prim looked away from the supermodel, flashing a weak smile at Cheri in return for the star's reassuring one sent her way.

Then Orabel started to react to everything, saying some very sarcastic things at Prim and saying something to Gray about old acquaintances that she'd kept off of the wolf Faunus. Honestly, Prim didn't really follow that sentence, but she understood enough. Gray's response helped a bit too, the student looked absolutely terrified before he calmed down, playing confident. Or maybe he was actually confident. Yeah, that could've been it. Prim wouldn't know.

The situation just got worse from there though. Why? Because Jack decided to open his mouth, and even with how nice and trusting Prim was, she knew that when he decided to speak, it rarely turned out well. He apparently did not want to prove her wrong, siding with Orabel of all people. Again, she liked to be nice and all, but Orabel wasn't doing herself any favors. At all. Really, she was not doing herself any favors. Though she supposed that some of it probably came from Jack. Who was actually the one who told Ki to make a move on Gray. He responded to Red and Ki with a show of regret, which was so convincing, Prim almost believed him. Almost. But not quite. She was a little ditzy at times, but she wasn't stupid, she was actually fairly good at discerning these types of things. Now he'd seemed to be doing a complete 180, quickly turning angry, which Red took care of. At least until Jack said something that she could also not follow very well. There were too many inside secrets here. But this... Felicity had apparently 'danced' for Jack's father. And she'd stopped. Primrose assumed that Felicity had something to do with Red, but she really wasn't sure. Red didn't do anything to him though, surprisingly, but just backed down, pale and shaken. Prim reacted to this immediately, stepping up and dragging Red backwards a little yet again, regaining her shield and providing a little space between the alpha males. Oh look, the alpha female just clawed the other male in the face. That couldn't have felt nice. And now two others had interjected themselves into the situation. Great. That eccentric guy and that rich girl.

"I-I think they're right," said Prim, still clinging onto Red's sleeve. "Just stop fighting. Please? Gray was rejecting her, isn't that right Ki? She'll tell you the truth, right? Since you trust her so much, Jack." Oh, she knew that this couldn't mean anything good for her after the dance, but she'd rather face her teammates' wrath than the staff. Plus, she didn't like just leaving all of it here. "Jack, please don't-" A moment of hesitation. "Please don't make it worse. Uh, you two... sorry for interrupting whatever you were probably in the middle of." The sweetheart's face turned downcast. This dance was not going very well, not at all. "Come on... This was supposed to be a nice occasion."

As the cinnamon roll waited for the others to react, she focused her attention on the shaken Red. "Are you okay?" she asked quietly, trying not to draw too much attention to it. He didn't seem like the type to want people to notice when he was anything less than totally confidant. "I'm sorry for what Jack said, he... he isn't... he doesn't... he likes to stir up trouble. I don't know what he really meant, but it obviously bothered you. So I'm just going to apologize. He's not going to."

Meanwhile, Mauve was completely oblivious to all of the other happenings, simply too wrapped up in Nathan and the kiss they'd just shared. Though she could still register everything perfectly, it was like her mind was tuning out everything else except for her date. Giving her teammate a smile, she said, "I really have no idea what to say. Shocker, isn't it?" Her smile turned a little wry, letting out a small sound of amusement.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 01:35:08 PM »
Nathan's smile grew slightly larger at Mauve's comment. He gently tightened their embrace and said "Not really, when words are unnecessary." Plus, why would they be? He was almost overwhelmed with joy by merely hugging her. Yes, her voice was extremely pleasant to hear, but... the situation was just too pleasant for awkwardness to arise.

This day was just the best day, ever.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Sesh

• Been Around

• Fails Basic Reading Comprehension

• Personal Text
    Every RPG worth a damn has stats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 01:01:54 PM »
Well fuck, this had quickly spiraled into something far beyond Cael's control, if it were ever at that point. Jack was being a douche, Gray was being a douche, even Red was sort of being a douche, and in contrast to his regular nature, Cael wasn't having any of it, he certainly wasn't getting involved. If these assholes wanted to fight at a public party, that was their business, but he wasn't getting involved. He wasn't in danger, his team wasn't in danger, nobody who mattered was in danger, he was getting the hell out of there. He stepped back to mutter into the ear of the girl next to him. "Marianne I'm sorry for dragging you out here into this. You can come with me if you want, but I'm leaving this party, nothing good will come of this." With that, he turned and strode away, his long strides carrying him quickly away from the madness behind him.
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

William Staniforth Donahue

terexia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:41:42 PM »
‘This is a clusterfuck’ Orabel thought as suddenly as she watched Jack and one of Cheri’s guards get into an altercation. It had started out great enough , with Jack taking her side to confront Grey, as Jack told his version of the events that unfolded Orabel become infuriated towards Gray. ‘What a fuckign lowlife’ She thought. Though as Jack explained what Ki’s intentions were, Orabel suddenly felt a pit in her gut, how much was she going to have to cough up for . “I made a mistake… for Grimm's sake.” but suddenly the conversation shifted away from Gray and to something … personal between  Jack and one of Cheri’s bodyguards.

Suddenly shit decided to hit the fan, as Cheri Chanson, the sweetheart of the pop and Faunus rights movement Raked her claws across Jack's face. “Holy Hell.” She muttered and quickly ran up to Jack. ‘that literally just came out of nowhere. ‘ She thought as she looked at the scratches start to patch up. Cheri’s bodyguard looked like she was going to destroy something and Cheri looked venomous . Whatever Jack had said had struck a nerve with Cheri and her bodyguard. A small scrap she could deal with, but the way this ordeal was going it would turn into a brawl and that definitely was not going to work out for anyone. Responding to Prim Orabel says “Maybe you have a a point, this is getting a bit out-.” Orabels voice was cut off as she watched Gray scream and attempt to sucker-punch Jack before being stopped by Ish. After everything had started to diffuse Orabel tuned to Jack.  “Well… maybe we should move somewhere else while you deal with… that.” She says gesturing to the gouges in his face. It would be insulting to offer help she could tell, he was the independent type  and she wanted to be on his good side. “ Somewhere away from the Celebrity, bodyguard and the shitstain that want to kill you.”  She whispers jokingly in his ear quit enough that the faunas idol couldn't hear her.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:44:22 PM by terexia »

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
Language warning on multiple characters.

Cheri shook with a rage so absolute that she didn't register what she'd done until she felt the blood on her claws. At that, she went white, and somehow managed to spit out "You...you don't...how dare..." So much for poise in dealing with Orabel...that was as out the window as...Cael was leaving, and the girl he was apparently with was following all too eagerly. She was caught off guard by how deeply that bit, even in the middle of her wrath and horror. Who was she? The suddenness of it gave her just enough of a distraction to be angry at Jack all over again, even though she winced when she saw the damage she'd done to his face.

"Don't ever talk about Felicity like that again. How dare you sink so low..." she growled, the sound almost turning into a sob. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Noir moving to wrap her arms around Red, and caught her in a glare so harsh the other girl froze and then ran off. Good, sweet Prim...you take care of him, you little darling. Cheri herself had to do something quick before she retched from all the stress. Gray, Mari and Izzy came to her rescue then, albeit totally by accident. She just stood there, numb, already overtaxed from earlier, and tried to get her bearings. The whispered insult from Orabel didn't even faze her at this point, and normally she would have fired right back...

Red was just so done. Done with Jack, Arachne, Saggio, Noir, fuck 'em all. He'd just wanted a little time with a friend. Was that too much to ask? Instead he got some wonderful, hellish walks down memory lane, which the entire night seemed designed to bring up, and to watch as the boat to Becketville and Snowflowerland sailed majestically into the swamp of shitfuckery. He wasn't even really hearing what was going on around him, and longed for some whiskey he could just chug straight from the bottle like a man dying from thirst. But no. He was babysitting some damn kids. SHIT. And right now his only lifeline to sanity was...Primrose fucking Aster. Awesome. Part of him just wanted to shove her aside and leave. A huge part of him. But he didn't, because the other part saw just enough of his sister in the way she was pleading with him now to turn, gather her up in a hug, and pat her head. "I'm fine. Thanks, kiddo." he mumbled, giving her a weak, half-assed grin. There, now she wouldn't blubber all over him. Man was he a shitty liar.

Ki watched in near disbelief as Gray lunged for Jack, and was stopped by some guy she'd never met before and his...date? Maybe, who knew anymore. As if Cheri going totally feral on him wasn't crazy enough. Shit, Jack looked smug about it, too. That couldn't be good. Sure, he might be cool and collected on the outside, but he had to be damn mad right about now, and that look could only mean one thing. Gray was about to get his ass handed to him in front of everyone. Time to put on the big girl pants, this had to stop.

"Alright, you know what, everyone shut the hell up! I think we're all messed up right now, and this is just one freaking huge misunderstanding!" she shouted, striding forward and wrapping herself around the wolf faunus so that he'd have to throw her down to keep going. "Jack, I love that you're watching out for me, and I know you think I can't take care of myself, but just stop! You're being an ass, Gray's done nothing wrong, and we all fucked up big time! Miss Arachne, I'm sorry I ruined your night, and I hope when you cool off, you can talk to Gray again. And now we're both leaving before shits gets any worse!" She began moving off away from the party, dragging Gray by an arm. "Come on, let's go. You are not getting your ass kicked for me!"

Marianne nodded and took Cael's arm again. The past few moments had solidified one thing in her mind: she wanted nothing to do with these people, in any way. Even Miss Chanson was being beastly. "A walk would be lovely. Perhaps later we can find Miss Roux and her gentleman friend, they seemed...reasonable people." A heavy scowl darkened her gentle features, and she wished to be as quickly away from all this madness as soon as possible. Thankfully, her escort's pace fit the urgency of the situation. The dark girl who had accompanied Jack running along crying a moment later only seemed to bring home the ugliness of it all. How did Marlon stand it here?

Contrary to popular belief, Jack was having the time of his life. He'd put Red in his place, gotten Cheri to freak out in public, and now Arachne was whispering in his ear. He'd even managed to pull Ki out of danger. Sure, Cael, some other chick, and Noir had left in a tizzy, and he would have to give Prim a talking to later, but still... It was awful hard not to crack the biggest grin right now...Seeing that the mood had swiftly changed, he played right along with it. "You know what, Ki's right. You too, Miss Beckett, and thanks for the save, Skaos." he said, giving that total freakjob loser a smile and a thumbs up. "I'm probably taking things too far. Red, Cheri, sorry, I got a little heated. I just can't stand to see such wonderful girls treated like dime-a-dozen toys. Really gets under my skin, you know?" he explained, his face completely serious. "Which is why I'll deal with that shithole Gray later.." Leaving everyone else, including a very confused and concerned Blanca, to their hurt feelings, he turned and put his arms around Orabel again, just as the last slice on his face healed over. He would have liked to stay and savor the moment, but he had work to do.

"I like the way you think, Miss Arachne. I was wondering...you did put yourself together so magnificently for a night out..." His face took on an almost shy expression, allowing him to look suddenly vulnerable as he moved a hand up her shoulder, across her cheek, through her hair, and brought his fingertips brushing gently all the way around one of her horns, right to the tip. "I was wondering if I might show you off to everyone tonight. The friends I brought weren't my dates per say...and..." His wandering hand came back down underneath her chin..."After all, you deserve to be treated well above all else, especially after this. Call me arrogant, especially looking at you right now, in that dress, but...I think I might be able to pull it off." His voice had gotten lower and softer as he spoke, and he'd brought himself in closer to her with every word, so that now they could easily feel one another's breath. His eyes had never once left hers, barring a few coy downward glances. "And to think, what a perfect revenge it would be..." he added, his smile turning impish.

Inside, the revelers continued, blissfully unaware of the unnecessary and convoluted drama playing out just beyond the doors.

Verdant forgot herself and hugged the silver-haired woman, overwhelmed with joy. "Oh, I don't know who the hell you are, but..." she paused when she realized she was about to blow the perfect cover this savior had set up for her, and brush against her with a wet dress covered in piss and now lemonade. She shied away, and more sedately mouthed "Than you!" to this new arrival, and stood beside her confidently, as if nothing was wrong. "Do you know where I can get a change of clothes? It doesn't matter what kind, this feels really gross. And again, you saved my life!" she whispered, her eyes lighting up. What kind of person just helped out an embarrassed stranger that way?

Meanwhile, Victoria, Honoria, and Carnadine mingled happily with the other students, taking turns showing random fortunates a good time on the dancefloor. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:31:06 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »
Gray felt his fist connect with Ismael and scowled "Get the fuck out of the way jackass. I'm going to make him pay for this mess he's caused." Gray's voice was filled with a mixture of fury and fear as he attempted to push past Ismael when he heard Marigold speaking and felt Ki grabbing onto him. Gray moved to push her aside when suddenly some semblance of his common sense kicked back in. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? a voice screamed inside his head as Gray's rationality kicked back in. You're letting your anger drive you again. This is why you were a member of the White Fang to begin with dumbass. Gray suddenly went limp in Ki's arms and went along as she dragged him away without complaint his head hung in shame.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:34:37 AM by arcus_gray »
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 07:58:44 PM »
Ismael felt anger surge through him, but he controlled it to the best of his abilities and made his aura deactivate. He started to straighten himself up and scowled at Jack with fury as he started to walk away.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 12:33:13 AM »
Now to play catchup.

Ki kept walking until they were well away from everyone else. Heck, everyone, really. Finally, she paused, and turned to Gray. "Do you know where we are, because I really don't know my way around Beacon and I just wanted to get the hell out..." she said, trailing off when she saw how despondent he looked. She let his hand drop then, and took stock of him. The poor guy really looked burnt out...

"Hey...you okay in there, buddy?" she asked, taking hold of his shoulders, trying to meet his eyes. Man, this was such a shitty situation for him...

In a decidedly less shitty situation, Niles watched calmly from behind the table of refreshments as Miss Roux and Mr. Eau shared a tender moment. Clad in servant's attire, he remained virtually unnoticed by all, his forgettable hollow-cheeked face and wispy blonde hair easily fading from memory moments after being seen. He hoped Red was enjoying himself, the music here was hardly to his personal and exacting tastes, and the mode of dress was almost universally deplorable. He internalized his look of disgust as one of the women Mr. Pettibone had brought with him bounced past in...good heavens, a tutu? What a paragon of good grace and fashion she must be...enough of a socialite to down a glass of punch like whiskey and grab ahold of some dark-skinned lady...barbaric.

Honoria threw her arms around Xanh, clearly not drunk but acting a lot like it, and screamed "COME ON, IT'S A PARTY, LET'S DANCE!?"

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Sesh

• Been Around

• Fails Basic Reading Comprehension

• Personal Text
    Every RPG worth a damn has stats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 11:18:06 PM »
The night air kissed his face, drawing some of the heat from his flush as it slipped past. His frame relaxed with every step he took away from that mess.

Cael eyed Marianne as she grabbed on to him. "Oh you...actually came with me. Wow. I...hell that was just too much. I should have done more, I should have helped get Cheri or someone else out of that shitshow, at the very least. I should have...I should have helped." He slowed his pace slightly to let Marianne more comfortably follow him. He walked in silence after that, keeping everything in so that he at least didn't say something he would regret.
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

William Staniforth Donahue

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 09:39:44 PM »
When Ki met Gray's eyes they were empty and it was pretty apparent he was lost in his own head. In his own head Gray was running through the last few minutes over and over again as he tried to figure out how he could have avoided that disaster as his anger built. This whole disaster was orchestrated by Jack and this woman in front of him had played a part. Gray's entire body begun tensing as he considered turning right back around and making Jack pay.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 12:40:41 AM »
"Come on, talk to me, boy...say something...okay you're kind of freaking me out." Ki was really not liking this, Gray looked like he was getting ready to go do something stupid again, either that or just collapse and have a meltdown right here and now. She didn't like either of those options, so she just did the only thing she could think of. She pulled him in close and gave him the warmest hug she could, cradling his head against her shoulder. "It's gonna be okay, I promise. We'll get this thing sorted out somehow." she said, lowering her voice and trying to soothe his raw emotions. Unthinkingly, she let herself massage the base of one of his ears, giving it a friendly scratch before she could fully comprehend what she was doing. After a few moments it hit home and she paused, wincing. "I...yeah, sorry about that, I'm not thinking very clearly right now..."

Marianne looked out into the night, her face blank. "Mr. DeWitt, where else could I have gone?" She listened to him then, weighing his words and mulling them over in silence before choosing to speak. Abruptly, she stodd in front of him and took the hand of the arm she had been holding. "If you truly feel that way, why not go back?" She looked him in the eyes, taking in every detail of the concern and regret his entire body expressed. "Miss Chanson is your friend. I understand but little of this ugly...event. I can assume she needs you now, though. Go. I will be fine, and seek out Miss Roux. Or my brother." She gave him a small smile then, and a reassuring squeeze on the hand, and let go of him. He really wasn't a bad sort of boy...just so...green with everything. He just needed room to grow, that was all.

Character List: