RPG World of Remnant > Everywhere Else

Across the SALTy sea (Main Thread)(Closed but message if you want in)

(1/13) > >>

Kingnoname1:
Saffron took a few minutes to prepare herself to meet with the headmaster. Washing up to get rid of the fish smell and got into her dress uniform as well as reapplying her makeup before finally, as confident as she was ever going to be to face the headmaster Saffron made her way to his office and went to knock on the door. Before she could, however, the door opened the person Saffron least wanted to see in her state, her mother Elizabeth Artemyeva, walked out. Snapping to a military salute and stepping out of her way. ‘Ma’am.’ Saffron said locking herself behind military protocol. Missing her daughter’s distress Elizabeth simply smiled and returned the salute before gesturing that they would talk later.

Not likely once this gets around. Saffron thought to herself bitterly as she went to knock again but the headmaster’s voice boomed out. ‘You may enter Ms de Cortez.’ Saffron complied and stiffly walked into the headmaster’s office then waited to be addressed again. Amarant Lovis, whose seventy years of life had only sharped his mind, did not address Saffron immediately. Instead, he rose from his seat and walked over to his student studying her silently. Saffron tried her best to remain calm and wait for permission but couldn’t endure the headmaster’s gaze for long and broke protocol. ’There was an incident at Alystra Plaza…’ Saffron began hurriedly before Amarant cut her off by raising his hand.

‘I know what happened at the Plaza.’ Amarant interrupted turning away from Saffron and moved towards one of the several artworks which surrounded the walls of his room and gestured for Saffron to follow. Stuttering as she followed Saffron tried to respond properly to Amarant’s seemingly impossible knowledge. ‘Do you know what this is?’ Amarant asked gesturing to a particular piece. It was a mask, looking like it was made out of stone decorated with semi-precious stones. ‘It… it’s a mask, sorry sir I don’t know its name but I know it’s from Menagerie. Now if I could…’ Saffron replied only to be once again interrupted by Amarant.

‘Yes no one knows their name, you can tell people took effort in its construction with the valuable materials and simply it surviving so long but they didn’t protect its name.’ Amarant continued turning back to face Saffron who met his gaze for a second before the latter breaking off instead studying the mask again. ‘Is this the kind of fate that you want Ms de Cortez?’ Saffron gasped slightly but managed to hold herself still. ‘No Sir.’ Saffron responded through gritted teeth. Amarant cocked his head at his student’s response as his eyes slightly glowed. Blinking a few times, the headmaster turned and made his way back to his desk. ‘So how are we going to stop that?’ Amarant asked coldly as he took his seat.

‘I’ll do better..’ Saffron began only to be interrupted by a harsh ‘How?’ Stuttering Saffron tried to continue ‘I’ll become a better leader..’ But she only managed to get a few words out before Amarant interrupted again. ‘How?’ Saffron was losing herself control, it wasn’t her fault, she didn’t choose this, what right did the headmaster have to treat her like this, why won’t he simply punish her and get it over with. ‘I’ll learn, I’ll try harder, I’ll….’ Saffron answered, her voice rising slightly as her emotions started to overflow. ‘So have  you not been trying before this moment or have we simply not been teaching you.’ Amarant responded, calm as ever only the glow in his eyes started to come back.

'WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY? THAT I WOULD HAVE GONE ALONG WITH THE PLAN IF IT WOULD KEEP MY TEAMMATES OUT OF TROUBLE AND NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT? THAT I DON’T HAVE CONTROL OF SALT BUT I DON’T WANT TO?’ Saffron screamed letting the emotion which had been building up since the incident loose. Her outburst had left her physically drained and it was in this pit of exhaustion that the reality of the situation hit home. ‘Sir… I’m sorry…. That was…There is no excuse.’ Saffron apologised profusely. Amarant was silent for a few moments and Saffron shuffled uncomfortably in the void. ‘You are right Ms de Cortez, there is no excuse. I appreciate your frankness and you coming to me. I’ll take it into consideration with your punishment. You can leave now…. And take the mask with you, for a reminder.’ Amarant finished turning his attention to the paperwork in front of him.

Saffron stood still, face downcast, for a few moments before wordlessly complying. Hefting the stone mask and made her way back to the team room. The whole interaction had taken less than a minute but had left Saffron shaking and exhausted beyond words. Leaving the mask by her bed the last thing Saffron wanted to do was wait around for her team to come back so she headed back out to the training arenas. Walking slowly out of the rooms and tried to get her mind off the day but her movements lacked any speed or determination to actually get her to that stage.

Kaliot:
Retracted because I'm a dum: ShowHideAvery's breathing was heavier than normal having made good pace back to the academy. He had long since let go of Aurum and honestly wasn't even sure if he was still following him or not. He rolled around the doorway to the headmaster's office only to find that he was speaking to someone else entirely. Amarant paused mid-speech, tilting his body to see around his visitor. "Ms de Cortez is already gone," he told Avery as he shooed him away.

Avery left without saying anything and made his way toward the team's dorm room. He noticed the mask sitting beside Saffron's bed and picked it up, recognizing it from his previous visits to the headmaster's office. Avery sighed as he set it down and took a seat on his bed, leaning forward and resting his head upon his clasped hands. "She's quick," he said half-jokingly, but he didn't even crack a smile himself.

mylies43:
Topaz had gone off to shower in an effort to get rid of the fish guts that covered her after the disaster in the square before attempting to do anything else. She kept trying to keep her mind clear of what punishment would await her team this time, cleaning duty was really what she hoped for since it was the "lightest" punishment. But that was unrealistic considering the scale of this mess.....Stepping out of the shower she shook her heard trying to dislodge the thoughts of punishment since it didn't help to worry about the future. 'Besides',she thought,'what we get Saffrons probably going to get something ten times worse.'. Quickly drying herself off Topaz changed into a new set of clean clothes before going back to their team room in hope of finding Saffron, but instead, she ended up finding only a stone mask sitting on her bed.

It took a couple of seconds before she realized that the mask must have come from the headmaster's office and that for sure was not a good sign. For one, she doubted Amarant would just loan it out unless he had a very good reason to, also it meant that Saffron had come and go making her much harder to track down. That is, for other people. Focusing her attention inward Topaz reached out for the crystal she had given Saffron to track her just in case. Immediately after finding Saffron's location she began running towards her direction.

Topaz eventually found her way to Saffron after a couple of wrong turns, somewhat surprisingly she found herself in the training arena,'Make sense shes here I guess. Gotta work out those emotions somehow.'She thought before opening the doors and scanning the people currently testing out new weapons and fighting styles before finding Saffron a little further into the arena. Running up to her Topaz exclaimed,"Saffron!". At this point, she was right beside her and realized that she didn't think of something to say to try and comfort her team leader."So, uh, how did it go? I saw the mask in the room....." She said, awkwardly shuffling in place.

Kaliot:
Avery silently entered the room and sat on his bed, having just come from his incredibly brief visit to the headmaster's office, Topaz and Saffron nowhere to be found. He glanced over at the mask that was sitting beside Saffron's bed, staring for a few moments empty-headedly before finally realizing where he recognized it from; Avery wondered how close he was to catching Saffron. He rested his hands upon his clasped hands, replaying all of the events that had transpired today, and the worst of it being caused by himself. If he had just waited or done nothing at all, Dorian may have just strolled by with nothing more than a scoff at the team's childish antics. Avery misread the situation and it cost them. His hands visible clasped harder.

"I wonder what Lovis plans to do. I wonder what Dorian plans to do. Something inconspicuous I'm sure," Avery said, focusing his eyes on the doorway to the room. "Or maybe nothing at all. He could just sit back while we check every corner, preparing for something that doesn't exist". That option certainly would've enticed Avery were he in Dorian's shoes.

Kingnoname1:
Saffron didn't notice Topaz enter and jumped defensively as she heard her name called out and a figure run towards her. Trying her best to smile and barely half succeeding Saffron turned to her team mate and ran her hand through her hair before replying. 'Oh... hey Taylor, didn't see you there. Er... you know how the headmaster is, always keeping his cards close to his chest... and... er.... you know.' Saffron muttered dejectedly far from her normal upbeat personality. Turning back to her punching bag gave it a few strikes before collapsing into the bag. 'Do you think I'm a good leader.' Saffron asked meekly as she sunk deeper into the bag, almost collapsing to her knees. The experiences including and since Alystra Plaza had left Saffron seriously shaken in regards to her confidence which has only been magnified with Amarant's comments.

'I've tried so hard but why does everything always go wrong.' Saffron continued regardless of Topaz's response basically playing a conversation in her head. She was in pain and crippled by emotion exhaustion Saffron only barely managed to lean herself against a wall before remaining motionless, eyes open, lost in thought. 'It was a gift.' Saffron murmured after a few moments, her brain only then reacting to the second part of the question. This wasn't a single of Saffron getting more responsive however, if anything she fell deeper and deeper into depression. Although she would still respond to questions and follow simple instructions she had entered an almost zombie like state with her mind busy throwing up nightmare after nightmare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version