Author Topic: Hitting the bullseye [Closed]  (Read 2987 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Hitting the bullseye [Closed]
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:04:37 PM »
Humming to herself, Kisha made her way to Beacon's landing platforms in the early afternoon.

It had been several hours since she had received the message from Beacon, but there was still enough time for the appointment. The message from Beacon contained the information for a mission she was assigned to, along with another student named Anza Burgundy. The message said the following.

She and Anza should meet with full equipment at Beacon's landing platforms where a Bullhead picks them up and brings them to 'Gabsheim', a small settlement in the south of Vale. Gabsheim reported that more and more Grimm gathered around the settlement and they fear that there will soon be an attack of the creatures. Even though the number of Grimm is very high, Beacon rated this mission as beginner-friendly, as the Grimm types indicated no particular threat. However, this was only half of the mission. The other half insists on having these groups of Grimm killed as unnoticed as possible.

Further reports stated that a large Deathstalker nest was spotted in the area where the Grimm gather up. Both the number and the size of the Deathstalkers are unknown at the time, but both didn't seem to cause any problems, otherwise, they would have already attacked Gabsheim. Despite all this, the students were advised to stay away from the nest and, if possible, to make no sounds that could alert the Deathstalker. This was the reason why these two were chosen. Both Anza and Kisha showed great skills at stealth and would have no problem taking out the Grimm from afar. Silent and deadly, just what was needed for this mission.

The assigned Bullhead was already at his platform, patiently waiting for the two students. When Kisha arrived, she greeted the pilot and talked with him for a minute or two before walking into the Airship.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: Hitting the bullseye [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »
Anza hadn't gone on a mission in such a long time - and this one was hand-picked just for her at that! Well, not just for her, exactly. She was to team up with Kisha Miles - another archer! She had been giddy and excited all morning, hurrying through breakfast and finding herself with more free time than she was comfortable with.

With just a few minutes left until they were to meet up the girl ran out from the dorms, skipping three our four steps at a time as she ran towards the platforms at the courtyard, War Eagle and her quiver slung over the girl's back. She was ready to kick some grimm butt!

She hopped into the airship not long after Kisha had done so, a massive grin on her face. "Oh, hi! You must be Kisha! I'm Anza - it's nice to meet you!"
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »
Not long after Kisha entered the airship, her partner, with whom she had to work for the mission, came in. The tension tingled in her whole body. They had not even started and she could hardly wait. How could she survive the flight time without dying of excitement? She tried to clear her head and calm down, but that only worked for a few seconds. As soon as Kisha saw the bow on Anza's back everything burst up again.

This mission is going to be so awesome! Not only did the description sound exciting and varied, but she could even do it with another archer! There weren't many who prefer the bow and arrow over a gun. Really, she rarely sees any bow users, which is why this is a very special day for her. And even if Cocoa was not in its bow form, simply for the sake of transporting, the quiver on her back, filled with arrows, should make it very clear that she was one of those rare bow users.

After Anza introduced herself, it was her turn to talk, if you could still call it that "MyNameIsKisha, Oh, you already know that, nice to meet you Anza, you can't believe how excited I am to go on a mission with you! AboveAllYou'reAnotherBowUserAndThisIsSoRareTheseDaysAndI'mSoExcitedCanYouBelieveThisIsHappeningAnd- oh. Oopps. Sorry" Embarrassed, Kisha scratched the back of her head. She did it again. "I'm a bit excited" she then finished her sentence.

The moment of embarrassment was, to Kisha's favor, interrupted by the Pilot who told the two students that they were taking off now. Now it started. With the speed they are flying, it would only take about 20 minutes from here to Gabsheim. A relatively short time if you think about it. At least when you know how to use it.

"So..." Kisha started again, this time a bit calmer "Nice to meet you Anza, I'm really looking forward to work with you" and with those words, she stretched out her arm for a handshake.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »
Anza watched with an equally awkward expression as her partner for the mission proceeded to have an outburst of excitement - of course, the girl was giddy about the task ahead herself, but... Not to that level, right?

"Yea!" Anza finally responded, shaking Kisha's hand before taking her seat. "Same here, Kisha! I think this is gonna be a whole lotta fun - don't get ta' use my bow to its fullest extent much!" the girl said, patting War Eagle on her back.

Here's hoping all things go smoothly, yea?" she added, giving the other girl a thumbs up. Granted, she was expecting it to go well - not like the mission seemed all that risky.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:54:19 AM »
Still embarrassed, Kisha gave her an approving nod. Hey, at least she was not completely creeped out by her.

As the Bullhead took off and slowly left the airspace of the academy, Kisha sat down on one of the seats and hints Anza that she could sit next to her, if she wanted to. It would be a while before they were in Gabsheim, so it was the best time to get to know each other better. So why not start with the thing they had in common?

"Did you always fought with the bow or did you had other weapons as well? When did you start shooting?" She asked, looking expectantly at Anza. She had about five more questions to ask in that same breath, but it was probably better for the both of them that she didn't.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 01:46:05 PM »
Anza gladly took the seat next to the other girl, still as cheerful as ever. "Yep! War Eagle 'ere's all I got! My daddy's a hunter - of animals, not grimm - and he taught me all about shooting. Been doing so since I was... Darn, must've been since I was 8 or 9 when I started learnin' proper. 's all I'm really good at."

"And how about you, lass? I mean, I'm guessin' that there's yer bow, but ain't look like one right now." Anza said, gesturing towards the dagger holstered on Kisha's belt.

My good ole AMA

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 05:24:06 AM »
"Oh, you can bet on that! Cocoa here is my sweet little angel," she said, patting the holster to amplify her statement. "Just wait until you see her in battle, believe me, this is gonna be so epic!"

Kisha leaned back in her seat and her gaze wandered to the window. She watched as the landscape moved past her, then she looked back at Anza "Your dad taught you how to shoot? Same here, but I don't remember how old I was then, maybe 9, but it also could have been 10." she briefly buzzed in her thoughts in search of the right age, but eventually gave it up.

"Well, I've asked my questions, now it's your turn, what would you like to know about me?"

(There will be a time skip next post, so if you want to do something else, you better do it now.)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 01:18:34 AM »
Anza tapped her chin for a moment, thinking. "Hm... Do you have a boyfriend?" the bowgirl asked, tilting her head as she did. "I-I mean, you're cute is all - not that I-I'm interested, j-just curious!"

The moment Anza was struck with the realization that her question might have come across as too personal or awkward she seemed to fall apart. A noticeable blush appeared on her cheeks, her eyes darting from side to side as she looked for an out and found none. And to think how confident she had seemed just seconds before!

My good ole AMA

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
"Uhh," Kisha stammered surprised, thinking about how to answer this question. It wasn't embarrassing or unpleasant, but it came so suddenly that it took her a second to react. "Uhh- not really, I mean, no one ever asked me before, I mean, I already had a lot of friends, male friends, but never something like a real relationship."
Kisha had gazed out of the window during her narration and only now saw Anza's blushed face. She looked at her puzzled, then her face twisted and shortly thereafter she burst out in laughter. It wasn't a mocking laugh, it was a genuine laugh filled with joy.

"You're really adorable Anza, We definitely have to do something together after all this here is over, okay?" she said after recovering from the laughter and wiping a tear of joy off her face.Still with a joyful and well-intentioned smile on her face, she held out her fist, her pinkie finger outstretched, "Promise?"

There was a crackling sound from the Bullhead's speaker as it started up, followed by the pilot's voice as he told them that they arrived. Were the 20 minutes over already? Damn, time was racing...

The Bullhead landed on a green space, a little further away from the forest where they should carry out their mission. "Looks like we're here," Kisha said, getting up from her seat, "let's get to work then."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »
A bit taken aback by being called 'adorable' all of a sudden, Anza blushed more but was able to compose herself enough to extend her own fist and pinkie and lock it with Kisha's. "U-um, sure! Promise!"

Anza got up as well, stretching her arms out above her head. Sure, the ride hadn't been long, but the last thing she wanted when she had to run around the trees were stiff limbs.  "Yup! Let's do this!" the girl said with a thumbs up as she followed Kisha out of the Bullhead.

My good ole AMA

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 07:38:12 AM »
Outside the bullhead, Kisha had a perfect view of the forest in front of them. It was relatively huge and the size of the trees beat those of the Emerald Forest. "Well, let's go," she said with a smile as she approached the forest with big steps. It took it's fair share of time until they even reached the edge of the forest, after all, the Bullhead had to land as far away from the forest that no one could hear it in the overgrown trees. Good for their mission, bad for her patience.

The area around the forest was grim-empty, but one could already see small movements in the shadows deeper in. With a quiet chuckle, Kisha pulled out Cocoa from the holster and shortly thereafter turned the small dagger into the bow. The blade extended and separated itself into several smaller sections, then bent into a somewhat C shape, with the handle of the dagger flipping over and placing itself in the center of the blade. By separating the blade, the thread was released from the handle, so that it now firmly attached between the tip and the end of the blade. With another chuckle, she turned briefly to Anza "Tadradra~" she said, holding up the bow, presenting her the finished product "Told you this is going to be Epic!"

Finally arrived at the forest, Kisha stopped, her eyes fixed on the dark and light-devouring shadows in front of her. The treetops that merged into each other let little to no light shine into the forest. Nevertheless, one could still see the faint outlines of the trees and bushes, and the glowing eyes of a Grimm, if one dared to approach them that is.

"Hmph, ready?" she asked Anza, a rhetorical question, of course they were ready, at least she was. With a small clicking sound, she pushed the lens mechanism behind her ear over the eye. This did not really help with the darkness in front of them, but she did it anyway.