Author Topic: The Forest for the Trees [CLOSED][ASPN Initiation]  (Read 31655 times)

CptSteel

• View Profile
Re: The Forest for the Trees [CLOSED][ASPN Initiation]
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
The two boys made their way through the forest for only a small while when they made a 'Grimm' realisation --- they weren't alone. There were only the sounds of them and the forest when a noise foreign to Argent made its way to his train of thought.

Argent was sure that it was just his faunus instincts picking up something minuscule, so Argent did not inform his partner, just incase he was wrong.
Though, Argent gripped Silber Brecher tighter, which made him feel safer - even if it was only by a bit.

The thought of what scared him was still in the back of his head.

It's a love hate relationship with you and me, nature. The faunus stopped walking, the noise stopped with him. He thought of some topics of conversation. "So, where are you from..?" He asked, awkwardly, turning to the boy to his left. He smiled, awkwardly aswell.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 03:31:41 PM »
Persimmon inspected Sherwood's scroll, amused. After syncing it up with the Eye, the appropriate application was installed automatically. "You know how to use this thing? You'll get a notification whenever I turn on the Eye, and I've set it up to allow you to snap our aura monitors on the same screen as the video feed. Pretty simple." He gave Sherwood back his scroll.

Off in the distance a low rumbling began and grew gradually louder until it could be heard throughout the forest.

Four eyes settled on two boys marching with purpose through a monster's domain. An imposing boy with large tusks led a snowy-haired male, meek in comparison. The vicious King Taijitu was fortunate, as it had one head for each of them. It silently stalked the pair, slithering through the trees just out of sight in preparation to strike.

Persimmon heard the rumbling and figured his partner had too. "Sounds like trouble, eh? I think this is gonna be good fun. Hope you don't mind if I back off when things get hairy." In contrast with what he said, Persimmon gave a look that said "I've got your back" and made sure his rifle was loaded. No teammates would die on his watch- and his watch was plenty vigilant.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »
Noctis walked behind Argent- since Noct was shorter he had a hard time keeping up, trying to avoid eye contact. It's not that Noct didn't want to talk to the faunus, it's just that he had nothing to talk about. Focusing on trying to keep up the white haired hunter almost missed hearing Argents question. Seems like he wasn't the only trying to avoid awkward silences.

"Me? It's kind of complicated to explain, so long story short. I'm from Mistral," Noct answered trying not to sound winded from trying to keep up.

He looked over to his partner. "Are you from Vale? I mean. If you want to tell me it's fine. I don't want to seem like I'm pushing a conversation on you."

After Noct gave his long elaborate question slash I'm-not-trying-to-be nosey statement, he grew a bit nervous. Please don't let me say something stupid. He thought to himself as he waited for the faunus to respond.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:03:32 PM by MissyMidna »
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 04:36:17 PM »
Sherwood couldn't help as an amused smile rose to his face. He jostled his bow in his hands, saying "What makes you think I'm going to get close to them?" Despite the joking, Sherwood's feet were already moving towards the rumble in the woods. He didn't want whatever it was to get behind them.

His steps were brisk and light footed, barely making a sound. His knees were bent, ready to spring into motion at any time. More impressively, his many years hunting game took over; he unconsciously avoided twigs and noisy brush, seamlessly sliding into the environment. While most of his focus was admittedly on the target, he still kept an ear open for other threats coming around the side. He made no attempt for the trees, he couldn't travel as quietly from branch to branch, no matter his agility.

Sherwood went slowly, not looking to out pace their target. He focused on letting it gain distance right now, while simultaneously not losing it. It would eventually slow down on it's own, and then Sherwood could hit it from the maximum distance, keeping him out of it's inevitably nasty teeth. For now, it was was a waiting game.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »
"I'm from Vacuo. I grew up in Vale, though. I don't really remember that part of my life - I was only young, but my family had to leave. Don't ask 'why', though. I scarcely know, myself." He laughed slightly. Argent turned to face Noctis. He was silent at first, looking in to the forest behind Noctis, since he was so short compared to the faunus. Argent felt the same presence he had felt earlier. It was the same noise, the same sight. But, it's closer..?That noise..Oh shi-"DODGE!" The tall faunus regretted shouting the moment he saw what was making the rumbling noise that his conversation had masked. The one that he had shrugged off.

Argent had began to raise his hammer, but at this point; if that creature was what he thought it to be; it was too late to get the first hit. If the boy was lucky, the beast would be at a disadvantage in open contact - not hiding in the damned trees.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »
((Ah, the statement about the rumbling and the statement about the King Taijitu were separate, just in case anyone is conflating those. The snake was moving silently, as I said, although it's fine to assume that Argent thought the noise was coming from that.))

A black blur shot out of the treeline with enough force to down two great oaks. The black half of the King Taijitu made a sharp turn just before colliding with Argent, kicking up a storm of dust in his face. Showing no apparent interest in the elephant faunus, the snake instead coiled itself around Noctis, trapping him. From within his prison, Noctis could see two pairs of hungry red eyes focusing in on him. Both heads of the beast hissed with malice, showing their many daunting fangs.

Sherwood's ridiculous display amused Persimmon. The only sign of danger they had so far was a loud rumble, which came from far away and probably wouldn't be relevant until the ruin at the end. He shouted to his partner, loud enough to make his intent obvious, "Hey buddy, you having fun?"

He moved closer to Sherwood and lowered his voice. "I'm all for sneaking, but it's no fun if there's nobody around to spot you."

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »
Noct was smiled to himself hearing that he wasn't the only one who was from one kingdom then moved to another. I guess it isn't that uncommon. When Argent was talking to Noct he noticed that the Faunus was looking over his head at not at him directly. Noct felt his pride shrivel up and die. Oh the life of being short.

Upon hearing Argent shout Noctis didn't have enough time to escape. The King Taijitu thought the white haired male looked the best to eat first. Fan-Frickin-tastic! Noctis thought. He withdrew Divine with his left had revving up the ice dust cartridge to the rest of the blade.

"I get it, I'm cute but this is just insulting," Noctis said with a smug smile.

The male brought the blade down in the middle of the Snake's body where the grey and white scales combine together. The two coiled sections froze together just enough to give Noctis time to jump out.

"Why did I be the bait?" Noctis complained half joking.

His golden gun he withdrew since he didn't exactly need to precisely shoot at the King Taijitu.

"I have two clips with 14 rounds of gravity dust per gun. Anyone have any ideas?"

Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
Sherwood sighed. "Don't expect the enemy you can hear, expect the one you can't. Where there's one Grimm..." Sherwood raises his bow, launching an arrow into a nearby tree. The arrow blows leaves off the tree as it passes, even with the light weight he was pulling. The arrow hit it's mark, a small nevermore, barely larger than an eagle. The nevermore dissolved as it fell, before the arrow was the only thing to clink to the ground.

"There's more." Sherwood glances around for any other beasts of Grimm before rolling his shoulders and relaxing, heading over to retrieve his arrow. "Well, ah admit a little bird like that isn't a threat to us. Unless Grimm can communicate. Don't know if they do, ta be honest." Sherwood shrugs. "Better safe then sorry." Sherwood steps back over to his new partner. "Ah get it's a bit slow. Ah'm open to other ideas?"

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »
"One or two."He said slowly, counting up one second, subconsciously; charging his semblance as the creature faced his friend. Silber Brecher slammed down onto the head of the creature that was closest to him, and dust flew out from the hammer to the black head of the Grimm. The beast froze, though it was only one of the heads and wouldn't last long. Though long enough for his partner to get a shot in.

Argent then jumped back, wiped the dust from his face and switched the form of his weapon into a cannon. The faunus aimed at the general direction of the King Taijitu, and readied his weapon - preparing to fire gravity dust.

"I would move, if I were you, companion. I apologize for my bad aim." He smiled at Noctis, waiting for his move.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:15:25 PM by CptSteel »

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »
((...Just to keep things moving along, I'm not going to question how Argent was able to precisely melee the head of a giant creature that was facing away from him and which was obscured by a cloud of dust.))

Enraged, the white head changed its target to the elephant faunus. It charged with breathtaking speed, effortlessly dragging the weight of its other half behind it. The momentarily frozen black head started to regain control of its jaw, and made full use of this ability to gnash its teeth at Noctis.

Persimmon narrowed his eyes looking at the arrow. He was getting really quite annoyed with this kid's false sense of superiority. "Yeah? And when something that poses an actual threat comes along, I'll notice. I've got much, much better eyes than you, human. Now stop playing with the wildlife and get back to walking." He pointed in what he assumed was the direction of the ruin. "Maybe a bit faster now? I want to get there before the end of time."

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »
"Noted, and don't worry about being a good shot," Noctis answered turning to look at Argent. Seeing the taller smile made him blush. The shorter looked away to hide his girly reaction.

When the white head of the grim took control and charged at Argent, Noctis did the smartest thing possible.Nope, nope, nope Noctis told himself as he started to sprint away to avoid the white snake head from eating him, on top of the fact the black head wanted to eat him.

He pointed his gun at the Grim- knowing that using his gravity bullets would be a waste at this point, letting the bullets fly out of the barrel. If they could at least suspend the grim in air maybe they had a chance to take it down or run away.

"Hey Argent!" Noctis called pausing for a moment to catch his breath. "Use the gravity dust to get that thing in the air." Noct used his gun to point at the grim. "If we can get it to float upwards we can slaughter it. How good are you at throwing things?"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:06:16 PM by MissyMidna »

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »
Sherwood frowned thinking about the fox faunus's comments. Sherwood wasn't known for his communication skills, but he had hoped it wouldn't be this soon it bothered someone from the city. Sherwood shrugged and motioned for his partner to lead the way. Whatever communication mishap had happened, and trying to clarify would only make it worse. Mind on the mission, Sherwood thinks to himself.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
"I'm pretty decent!" The faunus was surprised by such a casual question, but was more surprised with the speed of the beast in front of him.

Argent just held his breath and pulled the trigger of his weapon, causing the purple coloured dust to fly out of the cannon, in a dark spiral that sent his arm flying back, though Argent was able to control the recoil a bit.

He didn't check to see what the damage to the Grimm was; though he was sure it paled in comparison to what would happen if the beast had got him or Noctis. "RUN!" He shouted toward the white haired boy. Argent began to run, as well, though he was certain that the beast wouldn't be so dazed that it couldn't chase after him, or worse, strike him then and there.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 02:42:08 PM »
The King Taijitu took a blast to the face that would have put an average Ursa down for the count, but the snake shrugged it off as annoying more than anything. It only took a second for the black head to locate Argent once more and resume its pursuit. As the white head, fully recovered, moved to cut off the elephant boy's escape, it became increasingly obvious that it was no pushover. Indeed, the King was an anomaly among the Grimm, having been able to escape detection by the huntsmen and grow stronger in its old age. These two tasty morsels were the perfect chance to put that strength to use.

Persimmon walked casually, now keeping his frustration inside. He even managed to slip into his smug smirk every now and then.

A few minutes into their march, Persimmon noticed a commotion in the distance. It seemed as though two students were battling with a huge monochrome snake, and having a rough time of it. "See, now that's what I'm talking about. Genuine trouble. May those two rest in peace." He turned towards Sherwood. "Oh, don't give me that look," he said without actually registering whether Sherwood was giving him a "look" or not. "We'll go help 'em out."

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
Noctis growled seeing his partner be trapped like he was when the beast first appeared. He holstered his gun to hold Divine with both his hands. Everyone knows charging head on is a stupid tactic especially when the said person is in experienced, however Noct didn't have much of a choice. With the blade still covered in ice Noct jumped up onto the white head's side to stab the grim's skin and drag his blade through. It was a rather difficult task since the ice was freezing as Noctis was dragging. The male instantly regrets not sharpening the blade before leaving the locker room.

By the time the Ice dust wore off Noctis barely had reached the section of scales that transitioned to black.

"Argent can you daze the white head with your cannon again?" Noct asked.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:33:21 PM by MissyMidna »