Author Topic: Semblance Discovery!  (Read 2600 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Semblance Discovery!
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:38:55 AM »
Through a combination of sleep deprivation and curiosity I've come to ponder: how are most character's semblances most commonly discovered? Was it a traumatic event and unlocked through stress? A goal they managed to achieve after working long and hard for it? Or was it a literal physical event? For example, and in my character's cases:

Prism: Seeing your father eaten alive in front of you is quite a stress-inducing situation, and caused for the little gal's windy powers to kick in full force and send her flying.

Jima: A bump to the head knocked her senses loose, literally.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Semblance Discovery!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
"I can't tell you specifics. But for me it happened when I was trying to hurt someone. While I was making one of my mistakes."

"I got it at about the time I embraced being a monster in the eyes of my classmates. Made life a lot easier too."

"pretty boring but it just occurred while I was training at Signal"

"At home."

"Well. It was the day I had just learned that my brother had died. I could feel so many emotions washing over me. It was just like watching my parents die and everything kind of just exploded out into my semblance and hit the teacher that told me."

"It sort of just happened while I was training. Some guy was sneaking up on me and I just kind of knew he was there and reacted. Scared him pretty good too."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:26:36 AM »
Lyra was more or less under house arrest throughout her childhood.  Apart from reading, playing with toys, and practicing musical instruments, she had to learn to entertain herself within her own mind.  Her parents had her semblance unlocked, since having an active semblance, even if not being proficient with it, was the the thing to do for her family.  At first, Lyra's semblance didn't quite manifest itself, but that's because she didn't realize that in addition to using her own aura, she had to draw aura from another source in order to use her semblance.  When one of her family's servants watching over her injured herself, Lyra instinctively felt the aura available to her, if only she would reach out and take it, so to speak.  Ever since then, Lyra spent the majority of her time practicing how to use to use her semblance, at rare times even tormenting her maids, forcing them to provide secondary sources of aura for her semblance to manipulate.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 04:09:59 AM »
Leona Got her semblance by tossing leaves in the air. She coated one with her aura and it just kept going higher and higher up. Then she did some experimenting with it to see how it would work with other things. Everyone was surprised when she tried her semblance with dust for the first time. (It was inside and it tore a hole through the ceiling.)

Billy got her semblance through her dad 'training her' which was when he would get her to focus until she would faint. He was lucky that his semblance actually was hereditarted by her and she didn't accidentally get fire burning powers or somethign more destructive.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 01:12:25 AM by . »

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:34:45 AM »
With Merletta, she discovered hers during combat school and learned to perfect what she could with it, hence why she's know as the shadow huntress.

With Lily, hers actually happened during the concert attack that pushed her to combat school.

Blair is a weird one as I was thinking of family semblance but I don't really know.

Alex is still kind new to the forum so I've not fully thought of his.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire