Author Topic: Weathering the Storm [Open]  (Read 5192 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Re: Weathering the Storm [Open]
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 10:17:16 AM »
Dawn turned her head to Chantou and responded to her remark with an amused, "R~ Meow," before she turned back to Smokey and squinted at the blueprint. It didn't look bad, but there was something that bordered her. She reached to her tight-bag and opened it in a simple movement to take out a small notebook with a pencil. She flipped through the pages for a moment until she found a clean one, and began to sketch the rough outline of Smokey's blueprint. No masterpiece of a drawing, but it came close to the original. After copying the outline, she began to add own details, erased some things here and there and improving her drawing a couple of times before taking the pencil away from the paper.

"I would say that the material is the smallest problem, for the time being, I like your idea of testing it this way, but don't you make it more difficult by not looking it up or researching it a bit more? The internet has answers for everything. The shield should probably last some time, and I assume that you can't get around the costs so easily." She stopped for a moment and looked again between the original blueprint and her drawing, then she loosened Dragon's breath, her retractable sword which she carried with her, and looked at its handle with skepticism. "The Dust does not necessarily have to be used to fight but to reduce the weight, which in theory would only require a small amount of gravity dust. Sure, the shield would be thicker, so you can decently insert the Dust, but also lighter. But then you would have the entire inner workings of the shield-" From there, Dawn's narrative became nothing more than a mumble to herself as she (again) went too far into how others should keep their weapons. But what could she really do about it? After all, it's in her nature to try to optimize every weapon in one way or another. As she mumbled, she continued to scribble on her drawing, adding a variety of captions. In the end, it almost didn't look like the original anymore.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 11:56:20 AM »
"Huh, so you're essentially makin' yourself into a mobile tank." Chantou comments, nodding in approval. If you can't improve your mobility, then play on the strengths you already have - and well, with Smokey's build, stockiness seems to be one of them. Chantou can approve of that.

Dawn's flirty quip just earns her another incredulous eyebrow, watching as she begins to ramble to herself as her pen dances over the paper, adding in additions. She's got an... interesting way of helping, that's for sure.

Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 04:02:35 PM »
Smokey frowns slightly and squints at Dawn.  "I did do research, though.  There's just nothin' like a field test to see the results for yourself.  And I can guarantee you the Internet doesn't have anything on my gun, since there ain't another one like it out there!" he says, slightly insulted.  Why does everyone have to question the way he does things?  Sure, it's less than conventional, but isn't that the point of research?  To break the status quo?

Smokey sighs as Dawn goes into a diatribe on how to optimize the shield.  It seems he's completely lost her to her own little world.  Instead, he turns to his other audience member.  "Uh, sort of?  It's not like it's gonna make me any faster, just giving me an option to avoid getting completely pinned down.  Hell, get two snipers on either side of me and I'm still fucked, shield or not," he responds.  "Though, it'll definitely help the next time I'm at the Vytal Festival and the damn spinner wants to give me ZERO FUCKING COVER against a friggin' sniper."  No, he's not still salty about that, what are you talking about?
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400