Author Topic: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Aca Roth vs. Smokey Emberstone  (Read 4943 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Aca Roth vs. Smokey Emberstone
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 12:55:20 PM »
Aca raked her nails across Smokey's face as he grabbed her by the face and lifted it up off of the ground. This was exactly what she didn't want to happen. She struggled to move her body but finding that essentially impossible, she resigned herself to what was happening. She was losing. But she was damn sure not going to lose without a fight.

She let go of the saw blade pinned to her chest with her right hand and reared back to swing a punch, connecting just as he slammed her head back into the rocky ground. Holy shit that hurts, why's he have do it like this?

As he lifted her head again, she slipped her left hand beneath her head and the ground. Would it save her? No,not it wouldn't. It would, however, make it hurt just a little less. She swung again, connecting just before her head and hand slammed down once more. It felt like she was punching a gods damn statue, what's with this guy?

As she was lifted from the ground for the final time, she knew that if she hadn't had aura she would have been dead by now. Her head spun, her ears were ringing, but she bit back the pain and reared back her fist for one final punch, welcoming the hit that would sure have shattered her hand if she weren't a huntress in trainjng.

Her head slammed down the final time and Aca was fairly certain she heard the buzzer, though to be honest it was hard to tell with ringing in her ears. She didn't let out a yelp of pain, she didn't groan in agony, she simply let out a very long sigh through gritted teeth. To be perfectly honest with herself, she hadn't even expected to make it this far at all so, in some sense, she was still proud of herself.

As Smokey lifted away his head from her face she kept her eyes closed, enjoying the soothing dark red tinge of the arena lights shining through her eyelids. She managed a weak, "Rematch anytime in Mistral... If you think.... You can take me again..."

Aura: 14/100
Nail rake: 2%
Punches X3: 4%
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Aca Roth vs. Smokey Emberstone
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 02:08:19 PM »
Aca's final attacks were, to put it bluntly, nothing more than a minor inconvenience.  That's not coming from a place of malice or any air of superiority.  It's just the reality of the situation.  In fact, the moment Smokey had pinned Aca to the ground, the fight was over.  Anything she had up her sleeve would be nothing more than a glorified delay tactic. 

Yet, she struggled to the bitter end anyway, and simultaneously earned a bit of Smokey's begrudging respect.  Sure, her efforts dragged the fight on and skewed the stat line, but considering how many times Smokey's been in her position before he found his semblance, he can't really fault her for fighting to the last.

So, when the buzzer finally sounds, Smokey removes himself without a word and heads toward the exit.  After all, what right does a victor have to try and console--

"Rematch anytime in Mistral... If you think.... You can take me again..."

Smokey let's a small snort out, and responds, "Sure thing.  If I'm ever down that way, I'll look you up."  And with that, he leaves.

Final Aura: 56% (Immovable Object damage resistance)
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400