Author Topic: Disaster Among The Crystal Mines [Team CRSA] [CLOSED - Initiation]  (Read 19987 times)

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
The Emerald Forest.

There were many tales to be said here as well as tragedies to be known. The forest held many stories of Grimm being exterminated as well as blood being shed upon the corpses of those who had fallen. It was here, at the entrance to the forest, that Oberon watched and waited. Receiving word that a new team had formed and to do their initiation mission for them, Oberon couldn't help but let out a sigh. How long have I been doing this now, I wonder... he thought as he looked up at the gloomy morning skies. With autumn passing and winter settling in, the trees had shed most of their leaves and looked like a maze of branches that spread for miles. Looks like it'll snow within the next few days he pondered as his breath came out like a mist that lasted for only a moment before it was gone.

Taking out his Scroll, he took a look at the list of students that were to go out on today's mission. Conner Dragovic, Rackley Winchester, Sandy Smoke, and Anza Burgundy...hmmmm... he thought as he looked over their profiles. With each of them receiving around average to above average testing results, there wasn't too much that stood out about them. Two close-range fighters and two long-range fighters. With discipline, this could turn out to be a pretty decent team. Putting his Scroll away, Oberon pulled out a cigar and lit it. Taking a few puffs from it, he folded his arms as he waited for the students to make their way to their meeting point.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
Re: Disaster Among The Crystal Mines [Team CRSA] [CLOSED - Initiation]
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »
Conner was the earliest up as he almost always was. He had checked his gear earlier last night and proceeded to walk to the destination. Just so he can get all that he needed from his gear, he decided to leave his mask off as he walked along the trail.

Conner kept at a steady, almost marching stride to save his energy for when the mission got under way. A good near hour later he was able to get to the destination and Conner saw the teacher. He walked over to him and proceeded to lean against a tree while he waits for the rest of his team.

"Morning, Sir." Conner said. He wanted to get on the teachers good side but deep down Conner just wanted this mission to just get started already.
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 04:03:54 AM »
Anza stretched her arms, sauntering up to the teacher. She yawned, clearly not in her best form possible. It's not that she hadn't slept because she was nervous or excited - she had just felt the need to really explore Beacon. She had visited every hall, every courtyard, every rooftop, and come to the conclusion that Beacon is pretty fucking awesome.

Still, she had to be ready for battle. This was one of the most important days of her life, after all! As such, she flicked her semblance on and off a couple of times to get the sleep out of her eyes. She then looked at the two people already present, the teacher and one of her brand new teammates.

"Yo."
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »
As the 3 stood around a small rustle in the trees could be heard before a kahki clad figure burst out of the trees into the air above them. As he glided through the air Sandy arched his back into a slow backflip before landing on one knee in between the tree line and the professor. As the rush from the high velocity swinging through trees died down Sandy once again registered how bloody cold it was and his cool (at least in his mind) entrance fell apart as his arms crossed and grabbed his shoulders rapidly moving back up and down.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
Please don't be late. Please don't be late Rackley thought as he quickly made his way to his destination. He had spent the morning working on his introduction as he would be meeting his new teammates today and, due to his own timidness, had forgotten to look at the time. Thankful that his pack was prepared the night before, he had quickly grabbed everything he would need and sprinted to the Emerald Forest. Weapons? Check. Ammunition? Check. Rope? Check. A days ration of food and water? Check. First aid kit? Check he thought as he went through the list of important things to have.

Following the treeline of the forest, Rackley came to a dead stop when he saw everyone was up ahead. Late...just great... he thought with a sigh as he walked towards the others, his shoulders slumped with shame. Shuffling past what looked to be his other teammates, he kept his gaze down so as to not draw too much attention. Taking a glance at the professor, Rackley simply scratched his head, feeling awkward all of a sudden. Greet them, say something! he thought angrily to himself. "M-m-m-morning" he stammered, trying to muster up every ounce of courage to talk to the others. "S-s-s-s-sorry I'm l-l-late" he mumbled in a softer voice.

As each student made their way to the meeting point, Oberon activated his semblance and simultaneously marked each of them. As a pale whitish orange aura began to glow around each of the students, though only visible to Oberon's eyes, he simply nodded to each of them as they made their first impression. What a unique group of students he thought as he looked from one to the others. "Well then! Now that everyone is here, how about we begin?" he said gruffly, taking his stance before each of them. Clearing his throat while holding his cigar in his right hand, Oberon took a look at each student again. "As I'm sure you're all well aware, today is you team initiation. Your team has been handpicked by Headmaster Alban and, if you look around, you can see who each member of your team is." Gesturing at each student as he talked, Oberon proceeded to take a quick puff from his cigar. "That said, my name is Professor Oberon Falcov" he said, placing his hand on his chest as smoke enveloped his face briefly before disappearing. "And you will be forming Team Crystal as of today. Now that introductions are complete, I will give you your initiation briefing."

Pacing slightly as he walked in front of them, Oberon took another puff before continuing. "Your initiation today will be much like a team mission you would take later on as you progress through Beacon. I will be assessing each of your combat capabilities, teamwork abilities, as well as your capability to complete the mission. Your mission today will be a simple Search and Destroy mission." Taking a pause to clear his throat again, Oberon let everything sink in briefly before continuing. "About three miles Northeast of here, there is an old abandoned dust mine that was overrun by Grimm a few years ago. The owner of the mine has decided that they would like to have the mine re-taken back and so they've requested for a team to go and investigate the mines and, if possible, to clear out the mines so that they can move back in."

Pulling out a map of the mine as well as a flare gun, Oberon handed them to Conner. "The staff has decided that the Mine should no longer be infested as it was a few years ago, but there should still be some Grimm taking residence inside as well as within the vicinity of it. You should primarily run into some Beowolves, some Creeps and possibly a Predator or two. At worst, a Deathstalker or a King Taijitu may have taken refuge in the tunnels to get away from the cold, but it shouldn't be too difficult to deal with." Taking another puff and blowing the smoke away, Oberon took another glance at the students. "The mission as a whole should take anywhere between six to nine hours to complete. Once completed, you may simply use the flare gun and an Airship will be sent in to retrieve you. Now, any questions?" he inquired, arching an eyebrow at the students before him.

Map of the Mine: ShowHide
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 07:30:20 AM »
Conner raised his left hand slightly, a small metallic gleam could be seen from the gap between the gloves he wore specially for today's mission and the sleeve of his jacket.

"Yes sir I do. Two questions. How long do we have as far as a time limit is concerned, sir? If so are we allowed to use any means necessary, even go as far as to collapse one of the tunnels?"
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 08:17:51 AM »
Anza observed as the rest of her teammates arrived, both making rather... peculiar first impressions. She couldn't help but snicker at that. She listened to her teacher, and turned to he new teammate at his question.

"Well, Idunno about the owner pf the mine per se, but I wouldn't really be a fan of someone blowing up a part of my property. Should probably leave that to a minimum, yea?"
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
Listening to both Conner's question and Anza's response, Oberon simply nodded in agreement. "You will have the whole day to complete this mission. However, as I mentioned earlier, it should only take about six to nine hours to complete. As for taking any means necessary: you are allowed to do whatever it takes to complete the mission, which is to eliminate all the Grimm, not destroy the mine in the process. Since this is a mission from a more prominent figure in Vale, I would suggest you do your best to not destroy any tunnels." Taking a puff from his cigar, he let the warmth settle in his chest briefly before letting it out. "Any other questions?" he asked, looking at the other two students.

Listening intently, though looking at the ground the whole time, Rackley simply nodded his head as he heard the others talk. Makes sense on not collapsing the tunnels, I guess... he thought as he looked up right as the professor spoke and looked at him. Averting his eyes back to the ground, Rackley simply shook his head, indicating that he had no questions to ask. Best we get this mission started so we can finish it quickly and efficiently he thought, making a mental note to try and talk to his teammates while they made their way to the mine.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »
While the conversation was happening Sandy was standing in the corner shivering and rapidly rubbing his arms. "ok ok ok. Can we please get going it is bloody cold up here."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »
Conner looked at the people who would be his teammates. He sighs as he looks at the one who decided that it would have been better to make a flashy entrance rather than be sensible. He drew Dragonslayer while it was in its claymore form and shifted it to its bearded ax form. He then remembered the location and decided to hand everyone a gas mask.

"Take these and put them in your pack. I'll give you guys the word when to put them on."
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 11:59:20 AM »
Anza takes the mask and looks down at it. "Er, what're these for, exactly? Dust smoke or something? Seems a bit overkill, really." She says, then nods to Sandy.

"Yea, I vote we get goin'. Don't got all day. No, shoot, we do. Still, let's not dilly-dally." The girl said, taking her bow off her shoulder.

My good ole AMA

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 01:24:45 PM »
With no further questions from the others, Oberon simply nodded and moved to the side, giving everyone access to enter the forest. "Very well then. You are all dismissed. I will await your return at the top of the Beacon Cliffs." Taking his cigar, he took another puff as he watched the students leave.

Seeing that everyone was ready to move out, Rackley took the gas mask from Conner, equally perplexed by it as the others. Not wanting to make a fuss over things, he simply put it away in his pack. Despite his nervousness of being around people, Rackley was excited to start this mission. The fact that they would be going through a forest placed him at an advantage as he was used to hunting in forest terrains as this one. The Mine would prove to be the most difficult part as he wasn't sure how he would hold up against the enclosed corridors, but he looked forward to the challenge it presented. Mustering up his courage, he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Sh-should we g-get going?" he asked, slowly edging his way towards the forest.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »
Sandy took the mask and put it into his backpack with a perplexed look on his face. "What the hell would we need these for? Something one of your weapons does? There really isn't much need to hide what you can do. We are teammates right? Hearing the comments of the quiet guy caused Sandy to turn on his heel. "Sounds good to me mate. Might as well talk about what we can do on the way so we know what we can do once we arrive.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:46:24 AM by arcus_gray »

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
Conner agreed to what Rackley said and sighed as he started walking towards the targeted destination. "It has do deal with my semblance. It deals with poison gas."
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 05:26:02 AM »
Anza followed the group along, her bow in one hand and an arrow in the other, ready to be knocked.

"Poison gas, huh? Is it something ya do as a ranged attack or more close-ranged stuff? I'm entirely ranged, and I'd prefer to keep m' eyes unobstructed, if at all possible. Helps with th' shootin'."

My good ole AMA