Author Topic: Talen De L'Eglantine  (Read 3823 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Talen De L'Eglantine
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:46:48 AM »
CHARACTER

Name: Talen de L’Eglantine

Species and Gender:Wolverine Faunus. Female.

Symbol:

Appearance:

Wolverine Faunus
Height: 5’8
Weight: 53 kg
Eye Color: Pale blue

Talen has a round face and big round eyes that could melt even the iciest of souls. Her cheeks have a constant pink tinge to them and her nose is small and petite while her lips are somewhat thin. Talen’s hair and tail fur is a slightly blonde and brown mix with slight highlights of darker shades of brown around the edges and ends. On the top of her head a small tuft of hair can be seen curling upwards and is a sort of indicator of what she’s feeling at the moment as if it were a separate tail in itself. Talen has a slightly thin yet athletic build which clearly shows off due to her attire.

Attire: Talen’s attire choice is based on her need for little to no restriction allowing for maximum flexibility and minimum allowance for snags and possible places to be grabbed from. She sometimes wears a pink jacket or hoodie to cover up her top when needed. Refer to Spoiler for ordinary appearance. Lower attire ranging from shorts, pants and skirts.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Note: Minus tail as faunus have one feature only(?)

History:

Talen was born and grew up in a region in the north where winter was long and days were short owing to the location and climate. Large arboreal forests were common and snow and temperatures rarely rose above 19 degrees, even in summer. Talen was raised by her mother alone and never got to know her father early in life. Whenever she asked about her father her mother, Lilia, never spoke much about him only that he hailed farther south than where they lived. Talen lived a peaceful and simple life with her mother often playing around in the trees and snow despite it being extremely cold. There weren’t that many people back in their village but they were kept safe from grimm attacks by the natural defenses given by environment. The village was situated in between two large mountains and was in a rather high altitude with large trees holding the ground in place though the occasional avalanche was usually a ways away. Talen idly passed her time playing with the occasional snow foxes and owls or helping her mother cook and take care of the elderly in the village.

In the following years that passed, around when she was only 10 years old, her mother died of disease but left her favorite scarf to Talen as a keepsake. Talen was heartbroken and weeped for days, not knowing what to do without knowing any other life. Being cared for by other villagers, most of them close friends of her mother, she steadily recovered and kept her smile despite the coldness encasing her heart.

During her mother’s funeral Talen met her father for the first time and was told that she may either continue to live alone or go along with him to Vale, where he came from. Talen never heard of her father, and frankly didn’t care for the longest time after her mother told her to stop asking. Her mother often seemed so sad whenever she asked so Talen stopped altogether just to see her smile instead of frown. Logan, Talen’s father, stayed at the village for a week after the funeral and decided to help around with the occasional problems that arose such as stray grimm sightings or even hard labor. Talen was shy around him at first but eventually followed him around town, having nothing better to do, and pestered him with questions that she would have never asked her mother. Logan was a bit irate but always gave in to Talen’s curious gaze and warm smile and told her all about his job as he spent the few days he did in their village. Talen’s father was a faunus, same as her mother, but hid his identity to most people back in Vale. He called himself a huntsman and told Talen all about his exploits and adventures, asking forgiveness for never being there for her and for only finding out about her when her mother died.

Talen, being the kind soul that she was, forgave him but also wanted to learn how to fight grimm like he did, the stories filling her imagination, and her wild nature becoming more and more determined to be free and adventurous.

Eventually Logan had to leave the village and he asked his daughter what she wanted to do from then on. He had no experience handling kids and Valen wasn’t really too kind to faunus at times, especially with the rising white fang incidents. Not understanding or caring about the small details Talen perkily tagged along and said goodbye to the people in the village. She was sad at first but the sadness was soon replaced by excitement and glee.

Once they arrived in Vale Talen settled down and started training with her father’s fighting style while donning the same type of weapons- claws- and modified them with her dad's help to fit her liking. During the next few years while training under her father she was enrolled in Signal Academy and then proceeded to Beacon, being qualified due to her constant training and skill as displayed in the entrance exams.

Personality:

Talen is extremely polite but can also be quite feisty when it comes to doing stuff she wants to do. Being a wolverine faunus she likes the cold and has the innate nature of being hyper and clingy. Talen gets embarrassed easily but still keeps her head up high,often not letting appearances be the judge of everything though insults still hurt her deep inside and cause her to start getting depressed later on. Being a caring individual, taking after her mother, she gets worrisome at times, especially if it comes to stuff she thinks she can’t handle or if she feels those close to her are upset.

Talen is extremely ravenous when eating, owing to her wolverine nature, but oddly enough due to her metabolism she doesn’t gain weight easily. In battle she is quick to rush right in and is more fearless than most due to her abilities. When it comes to fighting with people she cares about she’d rather she got hurt than them and try her best to cooperate.

Aura and Semblance:

Tequila Sunrise(Name courtesy of her father. Subject to change in the future.)

Talen’s aura takes on a warm sunny hue, often hidden like most people but obvious when using her semblance or taking hits. Talen is used to taking hits and has a rather high capacity, able to take more hits than the average person despite her smaller build.

Talen’s semblance allows her to manifest a projected humanoid avatar nearby only able to go as far as 2m away from her. Talen’s attacks can pass through the Avatar at will, allowing her to attack past it but enemy attacks or even allies can’t pass through without her consent, requiring more effort and conscious command to allow objects other than herself to pass through. Talen can use this avatar to assist her in battle, coupling her attacks with that of the avatar to deal rapid flurries of attacks while keeping Talen protected on whatever side the avatar stands(STAND POWER!).

The avatar in question is semi-transparent, almost glass-like in appearance. The avatar is humanoid in form slightly larger than the user herself but with a similar body build and noticeably longer claws. Talen can change some details of the avatar at will such as elongating the claws or retracting them to fists. Bulking up the avatar’s body to add more shielding or strength to its attacks costs its speed and is rarely used.

With regards to toughness the Avatar can absorb blows for Talen but once it receives half of Talen’s aura’s worth of damage it would dispel and take a while before it can be summoned again. The avatar requires Talen to know where to attack and is not self conscious, meaning that even if it’s attacking behind her she won’t know what the enemy is doing or what her avatar needs to do if she doesn’t keep a constant eye on it, meaning it would just become a punching bag, or more efficiently, a human/faunus-shaped-shield. The Avatar doesn’t have a corporeal lower body and hovers around like a ghost/genie like figure, using its larger build to protect lower areas but usually opting for rapid offensive strikes with long claws or punches.

Talen can summon her semblance on a whim usually in between attacks to confuse and disorient her opponents or outright overwhelming them with a massive barrage of hits. It takes a short while for the avatar to manifest but she can form it mid-attack/block so that it can take hits for her or even surprise enemies with its appearance.

Talen can add dust effects to the Avatar but it requires an entire cartridge to power it for a short while and won’t allow it to shoot or fire blasts of elemental energy, unlike some other semblances.

Combat Behavior:

In combat Talen rushes the enemy with lightning fast attacks and acrobatics with little regard to her own safety because of her semblance and aura capacity. She’s reckless and extremely acrobatic and can use the terrain as well as the enemy itself as an advantage, using flips, dodges, grapples and the like. She prefers getting up and personal to the enemy but can also switch to mid ranged tactics such as harassing groups of enemies with hit and run attacks combined with her arsenal of dust shots and laced darts.

If it means taking a hit to get two in Talen wouldn’t mind, especially if it means covering for her teammates and/or friends. With the use of her semblance, Talen can easily block hits and confuse enemies with relentless barrages of slashes, kicks, and even grapples.

WEAPON

Name: Logan and Lilia

Primary Form:

Black Bracer - Logan – Right arm ; White Bracer - Lilia – Left arm

Near-identical bracers save for color that have 3 retractable claws/blades and dust compartments that slide into place the back of the weapon. Each blade is about 10 inches long and made of an extremely tough alloy, due to Talen’s rough usage, so it can handle tough blows and can cut through concrete given enough force.  Dust selection is manipulated by finger mechanisms which slide into place as the bracer is put on and can also be used to control how many claws are retracted or released from the bracer. One compartment also contains an anticoagulant which can be used to coat the blade and cause excessive bleeding for a non-aura assisted enemy, paralysis coating that takes effect after a few dozen seconds and significant cut, or light toxins that weaken. Talen can also use the claws for climbing and scaling tall structures like makeshift rock climbing picks.

Logan(right gauntlet) posseses dual gun barrels that allow her to shoot high-powered dust rounds at her opponents using various types of dust ammunition such as the ones that power her claw attacks. The barrels could shoot consecutively in a semi-automatic fashion. Using a mechanism in her gauntlets to both switch ammo type and trigger the shots, she could easily implement both ranged attacks and melee when performing attacks and combos. All shots are capable of penetrating lightly armored grimm uh as minor ursa hides but only one type of ammunition could handle heavy armor. Talen has a magazine clip size of 20 bullets for normal ammunition types and 5 rounds of augmented fire for heavy armor. Dust compartments are shared for dust powered attacks meaning both dust powered claw attacks and shots use the same dust cartridge except for anti-armor which has a newly made compartment for itself.

Lilia(left gauntlet) was modified with a bolt-shooter allowing Talen to shoot less powerful but silent bolts(think mini arrows, much smaller) laced with several substances she keeps with her with an effective range of 50m. The bolts cannot penetrate armor and rely on accurate shots on key, unprotected points. This gauntlet was modified for missions requiring stealth in mind. One new compartment was added for poison right next to the anticoagulant compartment allowing Talen to perform both Poison and bleeding-inducing attacks with both her bolts and the blades of her left gauntlet.

Secondary Form:

Plain gauntlets to punch stuff.

Dust Functions:

Claws of Fire - uses fire dust (duh?)- claws are engulfed in flames allowing her to burn opponents or objects, special insulation in the bracers protect Talen from getting burned.

Claws of Ice - uses ice dust - allows Talen to freeze stuff

Claws of Lightning -Electric dust- same concept as the rest except electricity, Bracers are also insulated against electrical current that may pass into the user.

Claws of Power(?) -Kinetic dust-  gives power to an attack or also for defense

Dust Shots:
-Fire - incendiary rounds. It burns stuff, duh?
-Electric - shock effect, chance to cause slight paralysis.
-Ice - freezes and slows, can also be used to freeze small patches of water to step on.
-Augmented Fire Rounds-  Anti-Armor/Material rounds containing highly volatile and concentrated fire dust mixed with earth and kinetic dust for punching power capable of reaching temperatures high enough to melt ordinary steel or at least weaken it. Activates on impact. Using this round causes stress on the gauntlets causing temporary loss of the gun function due to automatic fail safe as well as dust round usage.

History:

Talen, being taught by her father’s fighting technique, also used her father’s weapon type and with his help despite the obvious difference in personalities and designed it to her liking. The multiple other functions such as dust use were added when she attended signal since it was required they made they own weapon. She named each bracer after one of her parents, the black bracer being named after her father whilst the white one after her mother.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:59:00 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Re: Talen De L'Eglantine
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »
Xar, is this full transfer or is there some changes.

Make a list if there are changes, otherwise I'll will move the profile.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:22:58 PM »
Transfer. Fleshed out history and changed semblance.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:44:57 PM »
You expected me to move the profile, but it was I, a recommendation!

Shitty JoJokes aside, +1.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 12:12:21 AM »
Approved