Author Topic: Lets put together some threads.  (Read 2745 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Lets put together some threads.
« on: December 30, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
I know everyone is probably feeling a bit slow from the post-Christmas glut but I thought it might be fun to put together some threads if people are looking for something to do over the break/in general.

OK so I’m going to try this large plot thing again, it didn’t work great last time but I like to think I’ve learnt a few things since then. The general idea is that a large area between the Kingdoms of Vacuo and Vale has become destabilised by a reckless arms dealer resulting in both an increased Grimm presence and the resurfacing of old local grudges as well as obviously the all the problems the weapons and their creator is making. This sandbox means there is going to be a series of interlinked problems for people to solve and how said problems are solved and who remains standing after will impact how the area recovers ...or doesn’t I guess. The idea is to have investigations as well as good old-fashioned Grimm slaying so hopefully, there will be something to pique everyone’s interest. Regardless, what follows below is a private broadcast sent to those who are interested in participate, I know how wonderfully coincidental.

+++++++++++++++++++‘For the first time in recent memory, the rogue agent known only as the Dustsmith has left Mistral and has been reported wandering the wilderness between Vale and Vacuo leaving chaos and devastation in their wake. Phenomenally powerful weapons are finding themselves into several pairs of hands, few good and none earned without causing some pretty catastrophic shifts in the local political sphere. With such change comes fear and with fear comes the Grimm who only exacerbate this instability. Not officially under the purview of either Vacuo or Vale, Hunters and Huntresses are the only hope for those caught in this wave of chaos and several have already been dispatched, none have been heard of again.

Although approaching and dealing with the Dustsmith is far beyond the capacity of even most fully trained huntsmen and huntresses there are still hundreds of people in danger and the professionals are going to need help to protect everyone. As such those in training have been sent out to deal with minor, comparatively, issues or even searching for the Dustsmith while more experienced forces deal with the insanities’ core.

The first stage will be to reestablish strong centralised defensive positions around the major towns in the area. Many are struggling greatly with the recent flood of refugees, diminished supplies and general negativity which constantly draws Grimm in higher and higher numbers making them unreliable bases at best. Once outposts in the region have been established more control will be able to be asserted crippling the Dustsmith’s ability to move unmolested and likewise reduce his weapon trade.’++++++++++++++++++++

But yea if people are interested in taking part of these threads please sound off below.

No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Lets put together some threads.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 09:17:50 AM »
Reckon I'll shoot a few characters this way since I think most threads I'm in have slowed down or died off. Might be a good chance to use my adult characters.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 11:16:53 AM »
Nice! Definitely throwing Dawn in here. She could really use some action.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »
If you're doing multiple plot threads, I'd like to sign up both Aurelia and Toast, but if I'm only allowed one, I'd rather have Aurelia finally see some action
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
Yes hello I have many characters available, feel free to pick out whichever one.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
Umm, I guess Siu can use a thread. I'll sign her up.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 07:26:11 AM »
OK got the first few teams sorted out, there are more spots available if people are interested although I must confess disliking the ‘choosing one out of my half dozen characters’ approach. Too stressful.

At the mountain’s summit

The large town of Falcon Haven is one of the largest bastions of civilisation in the region. Carved high into one of the largest mountains in Remnant means it is safe from most Grimm attacks as well as giving access to the rich veins of dust which can be found all throughout their mountain home. All of these factors make Falcon Haven a perfect base to expand civilisation back to the region but a string of murders had sent the town into a craze. A swarm of Nevermores have descended around the peak, currently kept at bay by the town’s defence system but the swarm is growing. Obviously, access from the air is too dangerous so the team of Huntsman and Huntresses would have to access Falcon Haven from within the mountain’s base and it’s labyrinthine mining shafts before solving the string of murders

Team: Dawn Mae, Wabul Paka, Revya Vermillio, Camelia Sol

Hunt upon the savannah

As the various teams of Huntsman and Huntresses work to secure bases of operations it is critical to deny those same benefits to the Dustsmith. Weapons in this dangerous time can make one a powerful ally even enough to ignore said ally may be the cause of such dangerous times. If the Dustsmith is able to captivate enough people into there own cult of personality or make contact with the other paramilitary organisations operating in the region they will become even harder to root out. Compounding this is making sure their weapons are found and disposed of and those who have traded for them are brought to justice.

Team: Siu Ceong, Aurelia Lumen, Cerulean Steel

Threads will probably go up tomorrow. If you have any questions or comments don't feel afraid to either DM me or simply post them below.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:27:54 AM by Kingnoname1 »
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade