Author Topic: ABoat time [Open]  (Read 7143 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
ABoat time [Open]
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »
(For the sake of clarification)

The water splashed softly against the cliffs, reflecting the light of the rising, shattered Moon.

Kisha lay with her back on the wooden jetty, to which some small wooden boats were docked, and watched how the first stars in the sky light up. A real dreamy view. Fortunately, Beacon wasn't overly controlling that everyone was in their rooms at the late night hours, and even if they were, it would still be another two hours before she had to return to her room. Kisha closed her eyes and continued to listen to the sound of the waves as they collided with the stony walls of the cliffs.

Sometimes she wondered why no one was here. It was such a wonderful place to have some peace and enjoy the beautiful view. And it wasn't even greatly hidden. Anyone could come down here pretty much anytime, but Kisha was always alone. She plucked in her earphones and began to listen to the music on her scroll, and after only a short while, she started to hum and sing along to it quietly.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: ABoat time [Open]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 07:01:10 PM »
Calen’s insistence on only eating the food he cooks himself can end up being quite an expensive endeavour. Calen’s medical poultices keep him with enough supplied with lien to survive particularly now he had gotten a bit of a name for himself as a Huntsman-in-Training but all the high-end clothing and weapon maintenance products add up. As dusk started to settle around the harbour Calen decided to try his hand at a bit of fishing, it was supposed to be the best time to do so or at least that was what his father said. As the sun dips below the horizon the air cools faster than the water which in turn leeches more warmth out of the air, which makes the fish hungry. As well as making the water more attractive. Calen mused to himself as he made Kisha out on the jetty.

Leaping down off the cliff above Calen flew down at a blitzing speed and would have gone crashing through the wooden jetty if it wasn’t for his semblance which cancelled out his downward momentum. Straightening out his black suit and green tie Calen then goes out to set up his fishing equipment, bait, the rod and a bucket of water to keep the fish fresh. ’Good evening young Miss, hope I’m not being too disruptive.’ Calen calls out to Kisha, he was now close enough to recognise her as a student as well as having earphones in. Which may mean his greeting would be missed but it would be impolite not to.

Regardless of Kisha’s reaction Calen started throwing out some practice casts, testing where the rocks are, where the drops are or other bits of debris could snag the fishing line. Food for the small fish would be growing around the rocks and sunken would which although not what Calen was looking for but would attract those he was. This meant that Calen would need to get his casts close to these rocks but not close enough the line would get trapped, it was more difficult than Calen was expecting but after a few casts he had found a few good spots. Now confident Calen started using bait to actually start fishing.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »
Kisha slowly opened her eyes as she felt the vibrations of footsteps through the jetty and looked up.

"Ah, no, no you don't disturb at all!" she said and took out the headphones, wrapped them around her scroll and then packed it away. She watched him quietly for a while. It seemed like she'd seen him before, several times actually, but she couldn't think of a place or name. And judging by his greeting, he probably doesn't seem to know her either. She stared at him for a little longer, thinking about all sorts of people she meet, but no one matched. Finally, she gave up and decided to do the best thing in this situation. Start a conversation.

"Sooooo," she watched as he threw the bait into the water "What are you hoping to catch?"

Kisha was relatively calm for her hyperactive and excitable nature and watched silently as circles shaped around the bait as it breaks through the surface of the water. Normally, a rain of questions would have already rained down on the young, pale man, but the countless questions confined to this one.
"I'm Kisha, Kisha Miles. And you are?"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:22:56 PM »
Calen did always like to be watched. It was a strange contradiction of always wanting to be the centre of attention but never wanting anyone to know anything about him. It’s one of the reasons why dance so appealed to him, on stage he wasn’t Calen Shrike son of mass murderers or Calen Shrike up and coming huntsman, he was simply the dancer and that dance was all that mattered. As such he felt very comfortable under Kisha’s gaze and in turn studied his fellow student out of the corner of his eye. ’Anything eatable honestly, but hoping for some mackerel or some blue. But let’s see what the sea gives us. And it’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Miles, my name is Calen.’ Calen responds pleasantly.

’So what brings you down to the pier? Although it may be awkward, silence is a perfectly acceptable answer, I can be quiet.’ Calen joked as he started to slowly reel in his first baited cast. He did seem to be getting any bits but he would never attract catch worth fish with a still lure so he would have to keep everything moving. Or at least that is what the book said. As Calen set up for another cast he took a deep breath of the sea air into his lungs, he had never spent much time by the sea but enjoyed it now he was at Beacon. Although some might consider the raw power of the sea to be humbling Calen saw it instead as vast wilderness which had been harnessed and enslaved by man.

’So, what type of music were you listening to? I used to be quite the audiophile but I don’t have the time to take in many albums outside of when I’m training.’ Calen asked gesturing at Kisha’s earphones as the line flew back out into the sea. For something that played such a significant part in his life, Calen did very rarely actually listen to music, instead using the beat or rhythm to direct his movement, resulting in a pretty wide collection much to the dismay of his teammates.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 07:51:41 AM »
Calen...

Kisha still couldn't get rid of the feeling of having seen him somewhere before, but even the name didn't mean anything to her.

"Silence is one part of the reason," Kisha replied, looking into the distance, "But don't hold back, I love a good conversation, and no reason to be so polite, just call me Kisha."

Interested, she continued to watch Calem. Personally, she was fascinated by the art of fishing, but she never, and probably will never go fishing herself. Fishing was a hobby that needed patience, something she didn't possess. But watching others was something different. It was more appealing, more interesting. And then you had someone to talk to.

"Oh, a little bit of everything,"  she said, waving the question off. She often listened to music, actually, no day passes without the headphones in her ears, but that was probably a too far-reaching topic to incorporate this in their small talk. Instead, she leaned back and looked further into the distance, toward the horizon. "And this is the second reason why I'm here,"  she pointed with her hand over the sea "You just can't skip this view."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:34:39 AM »
’Red sky in the morning sailor’s warning, red sky at night sailor’s delight.’ Calen responded as his eyes followed Kisha’s fingers. And she was right, the sunset and the rising moon bathed the bay in a glorious red-orange-yellow light, not unlike Calen’s own glaive meant to be a far darker sunset of its own. ’A nice phrase but not particularly apt, storms aren’t what sailors fear anymore.’ Calen continued darkly before looking over to Kisha with a razor-thin smile. But only for a moment and then it was gone. ’Sorry about that, kind of killed the mood didn’t I, Kisha?’ Calen apologised, playing it off like a joke that didn’t land. It was a lie, of course, Calen rarely if ever gets a reaction he doesn’t intend and at this point it’s unease.

’To make up for it there is some food in the pack if you a feeling peckish, a simple ploughman’s lunch which you are more than welcome to partake in.’ Calen remarked gesturing to the small backpack by the rest of his fishing kit. Fresh sourdough, rich cheese and full flavoured pickles the meal was anything but simple. Calen kept throwing casts out into the bay but he wasn’t having any luck. It was getting increasingly frustrating considering he could see some fish beneath him through the water. Maybe I would have better luck with my glaive. Calen thought to himself. Not finding himself with the patience for fishing Calen was about to put the rod down before he finally got his first bite. A tiny thing, barely enough on it to stew came rushing out of the water as Calen reeled in the line before looking disappointedly at his catch. Chuckling to himself at the misfortune of it all Calen freed the fish and threw it back in.

’Maybe it will come back when it is a bit bigger.’ Calen explained mostly to himself but also to Kisha, although the catch didn’t amount to anything it was still enough to keep Calen going for a little bit longer, clearly he was doing something right. ’So how has everything been going for you at school? It’s a tough world and we aren’t exactly making it much easier for ourselves. How are you holding up?’ Calen asked always eager to get an inside look into another person’s mind, finding out any problems he could exploit would be a welcome bonus.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
"Nahh, keep it. I'm not really hungry right now" She replied. It wasn’t as if she was not hungry, but after a full day of standing and spending her time in the academy's kitchen, just to finish the three-story tall cake, including garnishing it with all the trimmings, she could no longer see any food. Whether pastry or not. On the other hand, during the baking, she has eaten roughly half of the ingredients, a bad habit that she regrets every day anew, especially when it comes to raw dough. Maybe it would be a good idea to avoid the kitchen from time to time, after all, she stood there almost every day and made all kinds of god-like pastry.
Kitchen.

Kisha paused for a moment as she repeated the word in her thoughts, "Say," she started out of the blue and moved a bit closer to Calen, "Can it be that you are often in the kitchen?"

She didn’t really wait for an answer and instead started answering his last question, "Oh, school here school there. Just pay attention in class and look at your notes in the last hour before the exam. That at least works for me." She said with a grin. "You remember the important things naturally and you probably won’t need the rest of the stuff ever again."

After Kisha finished, she first looked at the rod and bait, then at Calem, then at the water, befor starring back at Calem again.

"OHMYGAWD!" Kisha said loudly and jumped up "I have an idea!" She walkes to the beginning of the jetty, where a few small, wooden boats were docked. All alone. Nobody used them. Nobody needed them. Until now.

She quickly started to loose the rope that was tied to one of the post so that the boats wouldn’t swim away, and then looked
back at Calem. "What are you waiting for, you never catch something bis like this, let's expand our reach! Come on, or would you like me to call you Mood Killer from now on? Come on now!" she called to him as she jumped excitedly from side to side, still with the rope in her hands.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »
Not even the smallest of reactions.’ Calen thought to himself almost impressed. Although not taking things seriously seemed to be Kisha’s style given her following comments the fact that Calen was unable to disturb his fellow student did erk him somewhat. ’If you are sure.’ Calen responded packing the food away again, looking longingly at it while he was doing so. ’I avoid the school kitchens mostly on principle, I have all the equipment I need in my team’s room and my apartment. I know what that equipment has been used for, who used it last and more important my ingredients no longer go ‘missing.’’ Calen continued chuckling away slightly. It had been a hard lesson to learn, very expensive and very hard to utilise ingredients being ‘borrowed’ and wasted maybe amusing now was infuriating at the time, particularly when there was someone Calen was trying to impress.

’You want to go sailing? I must say I would very much enjoy that, successful fishing attempts or not.’ Calen remarked walking on to the small boat Kisha had freed. It floated and although the planks creaked loudly under Calen’s insignificant weight the boat did seem seaworthy and worst case scenario what are the chances Grimm lay in weight beneath the waves. Just then there was a sharp rush of movement came up from the water, a fish going after an insect. Probably. Nevertheless, Calen’s eyes were locked on the water for a few moments before the gaunt boy turned away and used his semblance to load there new claimed boat with his fishing gear. ’Now I’m Captain Mood Killer am I?’ Calen joked as the boat rocked beneath his rapid movements, remain upright of course but may be upsetting the balance of those not expecting it. Motorised or sailboat Calen had spent many long weeks on ships with his family, unbeknownst to him laying low when the authorities or the white fang was closing in on them, and it had prepared him with a decent knowledge of the operation of the ship which Calen would happily explain as they went along unless Kisha was already aware.

’So if you don’t take the academic side seriously what about the more physical? Teamwork and combat exercises, can’t exactly rely on your notes there. How does your, with all due respect, lackadaisical outlook deal with that?’ Calen asked keeping his voice upbeat and carefree. Kisha’s response before had surprised him, there would always be people who took things less seriously or less conventional than he did but Kisha was still around so it clearly worked for her. This did make Calen rather curious, maybe there was a method behind the madness after all.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »
"Ooooooohhhhhh," Kisha replied, "Yes, that happens from time to time, you just have to know how to deal with it." She shrugs her shoulders as if that was the most normal thing in the world and continued, "I do store my stuff in the school kitchen. Well, you only try to steal something from me once. Equipment was a different matter, but it worked out at the end of the day. To each his own I guess."

While talking and after she stopped, she watched as Calem 'rushed' back and forth to the boat to carry everything onto it. Most likely his semblance, quite impressive, but without a doubt would have hers been more practical. A portal here and there and everything would be in its right place, however, before she could offer her help, he already loaded everything onto the boat and they were almost ready to go.
"Ai Ai Captain, the crew is here and ready to go," she joked as she jumped into the boat after him. The wavering of Calem made her landing look a little less elegant than she had planned, but she was able to catch herself again after wobbling around a few seconds and stood straight. Embarrassed by her little fidgeting dance, she scratched the back of her head, laughing delighted, as if she was making fun of herself.

"Believe me or not, but I'm a fighting machine! The Grimm start to shiver when they see me!" she said, continuing to laugh, "Alright, jokes side, but I'm really a good fighter, though I'm more useful as a backing person, you know? But don't underestimate me in a one on one. Anyway, with a team of mainly Scrappers, this is a rather minor problem. Oh yes, by the way, I'm from Team INKK, but maybe the name doesn't say much to you, heh~ Let me put it this way, we have a reputation for not being able to keep our team composition. Oh-Uh- I mean, that's not bad, our newest member is unbelievably nice and nothing bad happened with our last one, she just had to return to her homeland, you know, don't worry, I- Uh- Tell me a little bit about your team!"

'Smooth Kisha, really smooth...' She was talking faster and faster towards the end, to the point where she fused the words together to get through the sentence quicker, she didn't even know if Calem was able to understand what she said.

In order to avoid a most likely awkward silence between the two, she turned around with the words "Okay, enough of that, out to the sea! Wuuh!" and turned to the mast to which the sail was tied. And there it already began. She was reluctant to admit that she didn't have the slightest idea what she was doing when she jumped on the boat. She had never done such a thing! Never! She continued to stare at the mast and then started to release the sail from the ropes. How hard could that be?

The answer came as soon as the sail was released and hung flat to the ground. "Uuhhhhh," she stammered as she looked to the side, looking for anything that could help her. It ended with her trying to hold up the sail, hoping something would happen. Somehow. Nothing happened. With a embarrassed laughter, she turned her head to Calem, still holding up the sail. "Uhm, Captain? Help?"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 08:33:09 AM »
Only once huh? Calen thought to himself, he never had any luck ‘encouraging’ others to leave his ingredients alone so he was definitely curious as to how Kisha achieved that. It’s hard to imagine a cheerful, perhaps overly so, goofball threatening but then again Calen had been wrong about people before. Very wrong. Shaking his head as if it would unstick his dark thoughts Calen nodded along as Kisha explained herself. ’I am familiar with INKK; Ismael, Nathan, Kin and yourself right? I try to keep track of the other students in case we ever have to work together…. or against one another. But they seem like a capable bunch, scrappy is a good term for them and I wish you the best of luck moving forward with your new teammate.’ Calen responded, a genuine grin hopefully robbed any severity from the phrase ‘or against one another.’ ’My team also lost a member recently, Taro was knocked unconscious in our initation and he still hasn’t woken up, on the plus side we got a new teddy bear to tide us over but it’s difficult to fully replace somebody. As for the ASTC we have Anna, blind as a bat but she gets by somehow, Setsuna is our leader and he tries his hardest to keep us in line, fails of course but tries. And then we have our teddy bear Theodore, quiet kid but he has a surprising amount of spirit although I suppose you would need it in a place like this.’ Calen remarked trying to at least be a little comforting, it was clear Kisha was a bit nervous and that wasn’t what you wanted in a small boat. Unfortunately providing comfort wasn’t exactly a strength of Calen’s but it was better than nothing, maybe.

Calen was busy storing away their backs and making sure nothing would spill in the probably bumpy ride to where ever they were going, keeping to boat balanced would be an important part of getting back mostly dry. As he turned back around he found Kisha cradling the sail quite unsure of what to do next, chuckling along with his crew for a few moments before picking up a near by piece of rope and started walking Kisha through some simple knots she could use if she ever decided to go sailing again. ’So this is your bowline, it never slips or jams and is used all over the boat like connecting the sails to the mast. Although it looks complex you can get quick with it with enough practice, my brother could do four in three seconds. And this is figure eight, it stops ropes slipping through these little holes. And this is the reef knot it connects two ropes together…..’ Calen slowly and thoughtfully explained how to tie each important knots they would be using to sail around as well as what they did. It brought back pleasant memories for Calen of his father do the same for him, seeing them in action and knowing you were the one who had brought the winds to kneel was a powerful feeling which brought Calen joy even now. It took a while, some of the knots definitely were meant to be tied at dock but they managing it in the end get the boat ready for the sea which was lucky considering they were already pretty far from the coastline. ’The wheel is yours if you like First Mate Kisha.’ Calen called out although ‘wheel’ was putting it a little too proudly. A lever to control the rudder and a piece of rope attached the sail, a little unwieldy and definitely not a wheel it would not be an easy task but Calen would be close by ready to spring into action hopefully before anything went awry

’I feel I must ask why you suggesting going out into a boat if you didn’t know how to sail? As fun as it can be, like anything not knowing what you are doing is going to make an awful time of it.’ Calen added still remaining close by. Although Calen definitely wasn’t upset about this turn of events it still didn’t make much sense to him and things being out of his understanding was never something Calen enjoyed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:21:25 AM by Kingnoname1 »

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »
For a fraction of a second Kisha froze in her motion. "Oh, he... So he is in a coma? I'm so sorry," she said after hearing about Taro's condition. That was the first time she heard about it, normally tidings like these spread like a wildfire in the deciduous forest. Then again, compared to the other students in Beacon, she was basically new herself. It hadn't been that long since Blair and her arrived as the replacement of team ROSE. Then it became BSEK, than INKK. Now that she fought about it, it had been only 2 months... Maybe she was just too late and the discussion about the incident had already calmed down.
"But..." she began after a short silence "You have to expect something like this We are trained here to become the protectors of the world after all. That's our decision and we have to live with the consequences" Her voice took on a slightly bitter tone at these words if you looked closely you could even see a glimmer of despair in her eyes.
What else should she feel? The world they live in is unfair and unpredictable. To deny that would be a grievous mistake. Her jump in personality went as fast as it came and she turned her head to Calen with another, benevolent grin.
"Sounds like an interesting team. I can't wait for us to introduce them to each other. Hehe~ That sure will be a funny encounter "

When Calem finally came to her aid she finally let go of the sail and watched attentively as he formed the individual nodes. W-Was she expected to memorize all of them by the end? How was the first one he showed her tied again? Kisha was so busy repeating and sorting the usage and formations of the knots in her head that she almost missed Calen's statement.
"Huh?- Oh Sure, Ai Ai Captain Mood killer!" she finally answered with a salute and turned to the not so obvious steering wheel. Relatively sure with what she was doing, even though she didn't even know what exactly this was supposed to be, she grabbed the lever with both hands, ready to change the direction of the boat, in case they would threaten to drive into something.

"Awful!?" You're calling this an awful thing!? Are you even aware of what's happening here? " she asked in disbelief, the grin on her face just widening "It's wonderful! You have no idea what's going to happen and that's what makes it all that much more interesting! Where is the fun and the thirst for adventure in something you already know? After all, it's not as if we were in great danger. Should something happen we can still swim to the shore or... Well, I would have a way that would bring us there directly. Just- Just enjoy being haphazardly for a change. These are the memories that stay with you the best."

She gave him one last, big, joyful smile and then turned back to steer the boat. She didn't want to lie, she had already forgotten half of the things Calem had explained to her, and the next time she gets on a boat, she would be as haphazardly as she is now, but that only made the situation better.

As more of the stars light up in the night sky, the cool wind pulled in, filling the now taut sails with air and blowing her hair in the wind. Dreamily, she stared ahead and the light on the stars reflected in her eyes. Without even noticing it, she began to softly hum a song, "Nenene ne ne, we'll always be this young, nenene ne ne, you'll never have to run..."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »
’Yea that’s the word. But I try not to expect bad things to happen, always feels like I am jinxing myself.’ Calen responded with a small grin. Although it did appear Kisha had calmed down somewhat Calen could still see their current topic was distressing for her. Teasing would have to come later but for now, it wasn’t a topic that Calen was enjoying lingering on, Taro is only in the condition he is because of he threw himself in front of an attack meant for himself. That definitely makes it Taro’s decision but not Calen's but isn't that how it always is with choices? Still, the gaunt boy mirrored Kisha's return to mood as the topic changed, or at least as well as he could. 'Definately, can't wait to run circles around you.' Calen joked good-humouredly.

In hindsight, it should have been pretty obvious that he would end up overwhelming Kisha with all the different types of knots but then again it wasn't really about teaching. It was about mirroring something from Calen's past, assuming the mentor role to play out the scenario from another perspective. Still, it was likely something stuck regardless and as Kisha settled in steering the boat Calen went about tying up the last few loose ends. Fastening the sail still as well as setting up a bright torch at the head of the boat as well as another in the ship itself. Vision would get increasingly important as night fell and despite the theoretical possibility of swimming back to shore it wasn't one which Calen was looking forward to, the Vytal festival had kept Calen submerged for longer than he wanted throughout his entire life.

'I'm having fun, and I'm glad you are but it's not always this easy. I remember when I first tried my hand at sailing by myself and it did not end well. I'd been out with my family a few times before so I knew what I was supposed to do but doing it in the newly melted snow water proved a lot harder than I was expected. So yes the memory has definitely stuck with me but only because I almost drowned, would have drowned if I didn't discover my semblance, and lost a prized boat.' Calen responded with a wide, for him, smile. It was a fun memory now but the punishment was severe. In many ways, it was the start of Calen's second life because here was when his family realised he was useful.

Now finally the ship was stable; Kisha seemed comfortable directing the craft, they weren't taking on water and all the knots where holding. Now it was time to test how well Kisha deals with the unexpected in a real situation. 'Holding on tight.' Calen called back and it would be all the warning that Kisha gets as he grabs tight to the boat and uses his semblance to launch the boat forward. A few seconds gliding freely in the air brought a brilliant rush to Calen and even as it came to a crashing end as they came back to the water his heart was still beating hard. Water splashing everywhere, including inside the boat and Calen let out a loud burst of laughter. 'That unexpected enough for you?' Calen remarked still chuckling away.

As fun as the exercise was it did take a bit out of Calen but now the ship was further out he was in a good position to start fishing. Setting up his fishing gear again Calen went straight for the live bait, out this far the only thing they would be getting would be larger fish. Definitely, an improvement for Calen and he still had a small smile as he started casting out the line.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 07:01:37 AM »
Quietly, Kisha listened to his story, but when he finished, she couldn't help but chuckle, "Sure, there are always risks, but I've got you, right?" she said, not taking her eyes off the water. She took a deep breath before continuing, "You were alone then, right? Who knows, two people might have been better off? A backup, an early warning system, call it what you want, but he or she would have helped you with the difficulties or would have tried to stop you from doing what you in the first place. We are not perfect after all, but you can get close to with someone else on your side."

Still half dreamy, her eyes focused on the water in front of her and she barely heard Calen's warning. As she turned around to ask if he could repeat that, it was already too late. "Wha-IIIHhhhppp!" she exclaimed in a high-pitched voice as the thrust of the boat caused her to lose her balance. She waved her arms panicly in the air to keep up the slight bit of balance and to prevent herself from falling. Vainly. Usually, she had an excellent sense of balance, this was also crucial for her semblance, but she hadn't expected it, nor did something like this ever happened to her before. At least not on a boat.

She fell backward and landed with a dull thud on the wooden surface of the boat where she immediately got welcomed by the full load of water as it was splashed up and into the boat. "OuchOuchOuch,"  Kisha murmured to herself as she rubbed the pelvis on which she was loaded. Even without her aura, it wouldn't have been bad, and the pain of the bruise wasn't worth much attention either.

"You! Do that-"  I began with a threatening voice and turned around with a scowly expression, but this brightened up in a matter of seconds, "Do that again! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! PLEASE!"

During her onslaught of pleads, Kisha unknowingly moved closer to Calen, her hands folded together as if she was praying. "Please!" she implored again, ignoring the fact that he had already begun to fish.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 09:40:02 PM »
’That’s admirable outlook, Miss Miles, perhaps you are right. Another pair of helping hands or voice of reason could have saved me a great deal of strife. Of course, just as likely the opposite would occur, if they couldn’t save themselves maybe I try fruitlessly to save them and lose myself in the process. Or maybe they aren’t a voice of reason after all and in fact push us further to oblivion which we can’t escape.’ Calen responded a slight grin remaining despite his grim words. ’It worked out, just as I’m sure this will work out in turn. I realise I might be being a mood killer again but I’m not trying to be, things work out. For better or worse.’ Calen continued before looking back over to Kisha. Initially, a bit worried his little stunt with his semblance and seriously injured his companion Calen was relieved if a bit overwhelmed that rather than being upset Kisha was eager to try it again, overly eager.

Making more of a show of mulling the idea over than he actually needed Calen gave Kisha a shrug and a nod, singling he would try to launch the boat again. It was hard to say no, despite his cold exterior and skeletal appearance Calen was nevertheless human and although he hated the weakness that entailed he was still a victim to it. ’Well I guess I’m not going to catch anything with you making so much noise. Hold tighter this time and the stern of the boat might be a good place to stand, if you don’t mind getting wet.’ Calen remarked as he moved to get the rudder and sail under control. Despite his declaration of intent it still took a while for Calen to actually try to launch the boat again, stowing away his gear, turning the ship so they wouldn’t shoot themselves too far out to sea as well as simply giving himself some time to catch his breath took time. He probably only had another one or two of this after which he would collapse but then again did he really need to eat? His stomach growled as to answer the question but Calen ignored it to focus on what’s coming ahead.

Waiting until the boat was at the high point of a wave Calen launched the boat forward again getting a little bit more air and distance this time as there were fewer waves directly in the way. Of course, this meant that although the sensations of flight and falling and the view was even more spectacular, the crashing back into the sea was even harder. The entire craft seemed to groan under the weight of impact as well as the deck becoming awash with sea water, the latter was more an inconvenience but the former did remain Calen that this boat was of questionable seaworthiness, to begin with, and all this flying around couldn’t be helping it. A good excuse for Calen who slumped forward, just barely keeping a loose grip on the rudder and sail. Looking up at Kisha Calen rather slyly remarked. ’See sometimes knowing... what’s going to happen ...means you can properly appreciate it when it... does.’ Calen teased still clearly very short of breath.

Hoping the turn their interaction into something a little less physically exerting Calen tried to start a more passive conversation. Unfortunately, in his exhausted state it was difficult for Calen to think about a good conversation starter. ’So Miss Miles…. What’s your favourite colour?’ Calen asked hoping his starter was closer to humorously bad than embarrassingly bad, even in this state Calen still cared a lot about how he was perceived by others.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 06:10:07 AM »
"Hey, being a mood killer is your job now, Captain!" Kisha replied with a big grin on her face, then continued to beg for another presentation of his semblance. And her wish was granted. Overexcited, Kisha happily clapped her hands together, like a small child that had just seen a magic show for the first time. Hopping, almost jumping, she made her way to the boat's rear, just as Calen advised her to, "Don't hold anything back, kay?" she called to him as she held on patiently and waited for the push. The patience gnawed at her as it took a little longer than before. Well, it didn't take THAT long, but with the excitement going on inside Kisha, it felt like an eternity. She swayed from foot to foot as she just stood there and waited for the boat to be turned and ready. Just before the launch, something flashed in Kisha's eyes and her grin turned into a smirk. This will be great!

When the boat finally launched forward Kisha did the unthinkable. She lets go. Just a shrill "WWwhhhiiiii~!" echoed through the air as she swiftly bypassed gravity and flew through the air and out of the boat. She stretched her limbs out, enjoying the wind and the water coming towards her and completely embraced the feeling of weightlessness. For the short time she had. Barely a second after she left the boat's airspace, she opened her eyes, which she had closed during her 'flight', forming one circle each with her two hands, one facing the boat, and the other centered under her. The second she made contact with the portal underneath her, she came out of the other and straightened up directly, arms stretched out to both sides as if she just finished an acrobatic performance. She even bowed at the end of her presentation and let the portals behind her disappear shortly after.

Kisha looked up from her bow, "Again!"  she called out, but this time with a silly laugh. That was just as great as she had imagined it, but she didn't miss the obvious exhaustion on Calen's face, which is why she quickly added, "just kidding!"

She trudged through the half-submerged surface of the boat to Calen, soaking everything down to her ankles. Yep, she's going to have a cold tomorrow. "Augh, Captain!" Kisha began with a faked indignant voice, "I've already told you to refrain from politeness, Miss Miles sounds so important, Kisha is totally fine!" With that, she turned away from Calen again, but didn't stop talking, "Ever heard of the word 'Yolo'? Personally, I don't like to use it, but the meaning describes me quite well. You only live once, Damn it! I knew what you do with the boat the second time, but I still made it exciting. Knowing what's going to happen is not bad, don't get me wrong here, but let me tell it to you again, live a bit riskier. Besides, you're here in Beacon, you can't get through this if you're planning everything." She paused for a moment to take a deep breath, that topic was going on long enough, "But okay. Either way he wants." She finally finished. As she spoke, she had crouched down and looked at the water inside the boat. She reached out her index finger and stuck it in the water, marking a small circle on its surface. Like the portals before, a blue disc-like creation appeared where she had painted the circle in the water, but nothing happened yet. Kisha straightened up and walked to the edge of the boat, repeating the process, placing the second portal well out of the boat's reach. As soon as the second portal appeared, the water inside the boat drained. The boat was not completely freed from the water and the entire surface was still slippery and damp, but it was better than nothing.

"Black." Kisha said out of nowhere as she watched the water drain, "I always liked this color," she added. Her clothes were about 95% brown and beige. The only black on her were the gloves and pants. Well, maybe her brown hair looked black in the darkness of the night. With the water largely back in the ocean, Kisha closed the portals with a quick wave and turned back to Calen, "What about you? My money is on gray," she said as her eyes scanned his clothes from top to bottom. "Well, if we're already on a question-and-answer session, favorite animal? Oh, no, wait! Favorite mythical creatures!?"