Is she a bad OC?

Yes.
3 (33.3%)
No.
3 (33.3%)
Dunno.
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Jasmine Levesque. (Feedback appreciated! Updating accordingly~)  (Read 12159 times)

ChaoticIdeas

• Personal Text
    Oh my.
    • View Profile
Re: Jasmine Levesque. (Not ready for review, right now, it sucks.)
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
Crap I constantly quote things, when I can just reply like this. Sorry Vision. Dx
-J

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: Jasmine Levesque. (Not ready for review, right now, it sucks.)
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »
Hah don't worry about it, always takes some time to get used to new sites.

Can't atm but I'll take a proper look tonight or tomorrow night and get back to you. Just go through what Nathan and I said in post 25 and most of it are simple fixes :) (Such as Zinnober instead of October (unless you want a different month) and removing affiliations).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:24:49 AM by Vision »

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

ChaoticIdeas

• Personal Text
    Oh my.
    • View Profile
Re: Jasmine Levesque. (Feedback appreciated! Updating accordingly~)
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
I know they were simple fixes. It was just a long list and I was like AHHH NO I MUST BE BAD AT THIS!?!?!

XD
-J

ChaoticIdeas

• Personal Text
    Oh my.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »
Also take your time with feedback, I'm a patient person so :D
-J

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 06:52:32 AM »
I'm a patient person so :D
Well that's good, I'm really not :P As I've said before I'm still rather new to the site (and writing in general) so as far as in-depth reviews others may have to step in but I'll still gladly take a full look at it.

Name: Can be colored or not, entirely up to you :)

Species and Gender: just missing a space between it and age, then good.

Appearance: The image isn't loading for me for some reason so try to redo the link? Could just be an error on my end. Though I can see it as your avatar and always fantastic to have some art for it (something I've been looking into myself). Also good to see its in a spoiler box :)

Clothing: looks good to me as well

Lack of Affiliation: good (Writing that makes little sense but you get my point).

History:
  • Disturbing is a nice change as it leaves the same impact but doesn't neceissarily have to be abnormal so no worldbuilding.
  • Jasmine coin skips all the issues with enchanting and will be preserved. The other option here would be to have it be a figure, or a pressed flower (though that would still have some but a looot slower degredation).
  • Syne Academy?
  • Does her aunt and uncle still work there? Are they retired?
  • Did she go to the academy or was she trained by her faimly outside of the school.
  • 'Trained in marksmanship', but at the moment has no ranged weapons?

Personality: I'm not familiar with The Twilight Zone so that doesn't say much to me. I'd say maybe reorder this a bit so that you say something like "she often does X and Y which can come off as a bit strange to her peers" because at the moment we don't really know 'what' makes her strange or intriguing? Other than that I like the personality as it also talks about her mannerisms and how she presents herself which too many profiles don't (quickly checking if mine does...). Last thing here is that you need to address how she does academically.

Aura: What color is it? What do you mean by aura type speed?

Semblance: So this is where you can tie it into a single ability with multiple outcomes. F.eks rather than controlling two aspects of the weather she has control over environmental water. Now a lot of characters have elemental semblances, however the way you have described it isn't 'waterbending' instead her semblance lets her act on a much larger scale (strength) but with far less control (weakness), with the examples of rain and fog.

Combat Behavior: Missing something about her ranged capacity, does she still have the crossbow or is that gone now? If so that means she has a considerable weakness there as she needs to close the gap inorder to attack.

Weapon:

Name: good

Primary Form: the 'compact' form, what 'customization' does it offer? Says two weapon types though at the moment you just have the sword?

Secondary Form: the entire case becomes the blade and contains the leather strap inside it, or does that come from somewhere else? If it is in the case does it just drop out every time she makes the sword?

Tertiary Form: missing (don't have to have it of course)

Dust Functions: No dust capacity is another weakness to consider

Weapon History: Remove 'when', or reword that sentence. I'm also not a big fan of the cannot be copied, as that implies there is some technique that no one else has? If so that raises massive questions of where she got it.

You're getting really close to done as far as I'm seeing :), with the main thing left to wrap up the story (which I'm not the greatest at reviewing).

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Pyro_Ferno

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    The void is a lot emptier than usual.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
Just an idea for a tertiary weapon form, have you ever thought about dual machine pistols or SMGs. That would fit the agility aspect of the fighting style. An Uzi would be fitting for an SMG I can name off the top of my head and a Micro Uzi weighs only 3 lb. Just a thing to think about
Nero LaFatch- Smoke Specter of team ATLA (Atlas): "Silent as Smoke"

Mura Sakino- Capricious Kitsune of Team CARM (Carmine): "I don't know how to respond to that..."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »
One thing. The face claim link is broken. Nothing I'm capable $f adding otherwise.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF