Author Topic: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD  (Read 1027 times)

Vision

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 402
  • Karma:
    +60/-1
  • Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
[sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« on: November 04, 2022, 09:58:24 AM »
As the students had been lined up at the edge of the Beacon cliffs a tall and well-built figure approached the podium, Alban Inverno, the headmaster of Beacon. While he did not introduce himself the sense of authority emanating from his movements was enough to inform those who did not recognize him.

“Adaptation” he let the word hang in the air as silence fell on the students “is perhaps the most fundamental quality of those who survive in our profession. It is a trait that is rarely tested through education, whether at school or at home, and one you can no longer afford to be ignorant of." He spoke in a calm, dispassionate tone. "When you land in the forest, the first person you make eye contact with will be your partner for your time at Beacon. They will be your partner until you graduate, drop out, or die. We will not entertain any requests to alter partners. So, adapt.”

He gestured at the forest before continuing “Below us is the Emerald forest, for your initiation each pair is required to venture into the ruins within it, claim a jade relic and return to the cliff. There will be opposition along the way, and you will have to fight for your survival. We are monitoring you, but our instructors will not be in a position to intervene. Remember that huntsmen and huntresses are not simple exterminators of Grimm but protectors of the people, today you will only be protected by your peers.“

A slight tone of excitement could be heard in his voice as he concluded with “Prepare yourselves.”

Slowly the professor studied each student individually, some were focused on the forest, others meet his eyes, and just as his gaze moved to the next student the previous one was launched into the air.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Metroidhunter

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ****

  • 359
  • Karma:
    +18/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 05:11:58 PM »
Iris didn't like the wilderness. Almost everything about it sucked. Dead silent, no streets to walk on, and nothing to offer her other than shade to hide in and animal shit to step on. Worst of all, there were no people out here. At home, Iris could usually sense the presence of others nearby, a feeling that she had grown incredibly comfortable with. As for the wilderness, her semblance detected almost nothing. A massive void, with only the faintest sensation of danger lurking within. It might have been enough to scare her if she were alone, but the presence of her fellow classmates nearby kept her from losing her cool. The first thing she'd do after landing would be to find a teammate so she could get the hell out of the forest as soon as possible... However, she did suddenly realize one potentially exciting factor about this place... There could be a lot of interesting wildlife out here. Change of plans: The first thing she wanted to do upon landing was turn over some rocks and look for a small critter to catch. Yeah. She didn't care to consider whether or not her future teammates would want a pet spider in their dorm. If she had to be in the wilderness, she would at least try to get something cool out of it.

Iris had been standing there totally spaced out for a while, but she suddenly snapped to attention upon realizing that she was about to be launched. Bang! Iris was in the air, a rush of adrenaline hitting her just as hard as the sudden blast of wind. Without hesitation, she yanked her rifle from her back and pressed the button to activate its secondary function. The mechanism worked as flawlessly as she had hoped, shifting the weapon into the form of a climbing pick in about one and a half seconds. She had jumped off enough buildings to feel confident making a tough landing like this. Her eyes scanned the canopy, aiming for a thick branch that could withstand her weight. Upon finding her target, Iris held tightly onto her weapon with two hands, bracing for impact with both her body and aura. The pick hooked around the tree's appendage, allowing her to swing forward and redirect her downward momentum. As she soared through the air, she returned her weapon to its place on her back, the dust-powered mechanism of its holster securing it to her back with a gravitational pull. Iris took note of her trajectory, heading directly for a large tree. She twisted her body midair and reached out with her limbs to latch onto it, channeling gravity dust through her steel-reinforced gloves to tightly grab the tree. Her aura absorbed much of the impact, stopping Iris in her tracks.

Without a moment of hesitation, the young woman began to scurry down towards the ground, casually leaping from branch to branch with ease. She eventually landed two feet on the ground, where she immediately started to walk forward and scan the area in front of her. Primarily for small and cute critters, but also for someone that would make for a passable teammate. For the time being, she held off on using her semblance to scout, as her mind was currently dead-set on the bizarre objective of finding a little creature to call her friend. In all likelihood, she would sooner run into something that wanted to kill her.

Combat stats: ShowHide
Aura: 98%
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 05:16:56 PM by Metroidhunter »
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

FunkyMonkey

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 178
  • Karma:
    +14/-1
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 02:17:50 AM »
Yasha watched as the previous student launched into the air. and seeing where this was all going, he prepped his semblance and crouched into a stance ready for launch.  As he did so, his shadow subtly seemed to disappear as a faint shade crept up his body and into his scythe.  If an onlooker was careful, he or she might even say that the scythe emitted a peculiar but barely perceptible hazy glow.

Within a moment, Yasha was launched high into the air by the catapult.  Squinting his eyes against the air resistance as he sailed over the forest, he tried to get a scanning look at the ground below.  He could see a clearing and what looked like some ruined buildings out in the distance, but that seemed a little far off.  He wasn't sure if that was their objective, but with no other noteworthy features in this vast expanse of trees, those ruins seemed as good a place as any for some relics.

Yasha outstretched himself and brought his scythe over his head and hurled it into the forest below with as much force as he could muster, aimed as close to the ruins as was possible, which admittedly still probably not very close given their distance.  Yasha focused on his semblance, using it to feel out his weapon as it spun like a pinwheel into the trees.  Before long, the scythe embedded its blade into a thick tree trunk, which was great, because he was already starting to fall and needed to land quickly.

As soon as Yasha sensed that the weapon had stuck itself in a tree, Yasha activated his semblance.  The same shade that entered his scythe at launch left it, creeping quickly along its handle.  Within the blink of an eye, a shadowy construct in the shape of a large, muscular person appeared, grasping the scythe by the handle.  Another blink of an eye later, Yasha was on the ground next to the construct, and it merged back into his shadow, disappearing.  Yasha pulled his weapon out of the tree, thinking to himself "Piece of cake" with a small grin.  Looking around to orient himself, he then took off in a light jog in the direction of the ruins he saw earlier.

Vision

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 402
  • Karma:
    +60/-1
  • Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »
Standing on the cliffside and looking down it seemed quite clear that landing strategies would be tested today. In preparation, she pulled back the bolt of the heavy barrel of her rifle and chambered a large gravity dust crystal. She had done a fair amount of reading about Beacon before deciding to try becoming a huntress again after her rough start at Atlas, so when the tall figure of headmaster Inverno approached she recognized him immediately. While listening to his speech she pulled the bolt of her rifle back, just to double-check that the right crystal was loaded.

She was a bit surprised that Beacon seemed to be setting up pairs of two rather than teams of four as they did at Atlas. She looked around at the other students, it was the first time she had really considered any of them as she had been far too nervous to force herself into any real social interaction today. She pulled the bolt of her rifle back, just to dou.. triple-check.

She was jolted back to her senses as the first student was launched into the air, and as the headmaster approached she tried to meet his gaze but chickened out after a fraction of a second. As she was launched through the air she tried to keep track of where the other students were landing, as she really wanted to find someone to pair with quickly. However it was too difficult to track and she needed to prepare for her landing, her hand went towards the bolt again, but this time she stopped herself.

Whilst the lower barrel of her rifle could impart some momentum it was nothing compared to the top one, and she only had one shot there so she tried to stay calm and waited. Just as she was starting to approach the tree canopy she aimed in the direction she was falling and fired. The intention was to kill any horizontal and most of her vertical momentum but she was slightly off vector. Without enough time to think clearly, she let the rifle section of her weapon spin to the opposite side of the blade and shot with the lower barrel, imparting enough momentum to dig the blade into the trunk of a tree. She let out a frustrated sigh while looking down the tall tree she had to descend, but at least she had more or less landed.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Xarias Fury

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 516
  • Karma:
    +30/-5
  • Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 12:06:25 AM »
     Ayaka ground her teeth, the thought of having to go to Beacon rather than Haven annoyed her more than it should have. So what if some thugs wanted to get to her? She could always cut them down to size. Literally. Not that she ever killed a person but she would give them a beating they'd never forget like every other pathetic slug they sent her way. Now that she was on the launching platform she had no choice but to accept reality. A speech from some old fart, a few other student hopefuls shivering out of fear, and her, furrowing her brow just before the platform threw her into the air.

     Landing strategies, gliding, grappling, equipment, Ayaka never really thought of such things till now, and it dawned on her that she had to rely on creativity to avoid becoming a purple-colored pancake. Trees scattered across each and every single square inch of her vision with small pockets of ground visible beneath. Further ahead looked to be where most of the clearings were and a few black-speckled figures that were probably Grimm roamed free. Ayaka reached for her nodachi and unspooled thread in the handle. She grasped silvery wire in each hand and let it loose around her in an array of shimmering thread. As the first tree got into range she launched some wire toward it, wrapping several branches to slow her fall. She placed a foot on some more wire, to avoid severing her own fingers and used the spool from her nodachi to gradually feed the wire slower and slower to break her descent. The second her foot touched the ground she wrapped the wires in aura and pulled taut, severing the branches and pulling back the wire to the spool.

     "Now, let's see if this so called initiation really is as challenging as they say." Ayaka said, smirking before a small branch landed on her head. "Ugh."




Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Metroidhunter

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ****

  • 359
  • Karma:
    +18/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 11:33:46 AM »
As Iris began her trek through the woods, she reached into her pack with both hands, fishing for a small container and a pocket knife. She continued to walk forward while stabbing holes in the container's lid along the way. If she was going to catch herself a new pet out here, she was going to take damn good care of it. Now that she had something to put it in, the search was on. Iris started to turn over every large stone and fallen branch she could find, systematically checking every possible location for small critters. As the minutes went on, Iris was quickly reminded why she didn't like the wilderness in the first place. No cool spiders or snakes to be found, just worms and crickets.

"This is some bullshit," she muttered to herself as her hopes started to fade away. Just as the words left her lips, she flipped up one last rock. Her eyes lit up as she finally spotted something different. A tiny lizard began to scurry away, but Iris' reflexes were just as sharp as the reptile. She placed the container precisely overtop of it, catching the little critter before it could escape. "Got ya!" Careful not to hurt it, Iris scooped up the lizard and sealed the container, a smile creeping over her expression as she inspected her catch.

"You... You so damn cute. Have no fear, little guy. I promise I will keep you safe." Iris pulled off her purple scarf and wrapped it around the container, giving it a bit of padding before carefully placing it in her bag. Now that her first objective was complete, she could move on to the next item on her list: Finding herself a partner. That would be far easier than catching a lizard.

Iris went to sit down on the wilderness floor, closing her eyes and focusing her mind. After a few brief moments, her semblance activated. Slowly but surely, she felt the presence of other souls creeping into her perception, making her vaguely aware of where some of her fellow classmates were located. Iris attempted to conjure a vision of the nearest individual, but they were a bit too far away for her to make anything out. Lame. With a groan, she stood back up and started to walk once more, heading straight for the nearest person that she had sensed. Hopefully it would be someone friendly that didn't have a problem with street punks such as herself.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

FunkyMonkey

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 178
  • Karma:
    +14/-1
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 09:01:00 PM »
Yasha walked for what felt like hours in the forest, though his pocket device indicated only about thirty minutes had passed since he landed.  He had kept a straight path all during this time, so he was pretty confident that he was walking in the right direction - that is, the direction towards the ruins he saw earlier.  Still, the thought of going in the wrong direction, or even walking around in circles lingered in his mind and bothered him.  Forward ahead, the forest seemed to grow thicker and darker, as less and less light appeared to pierce through the tree canopy. 

Thinking that now might be perhaps his last chance to get a gauge on his direction, he drew his scythe and held it out in front of him.  Taking the handle in both of his hands, he lowered the scythe a little, preparing himself.  As before, he focused and poured his semblance into the blade.  A moment later, he flung the scythe high into the air above himself, the weapon spinning like a pinwheel as it did before during his landing.  The scythe rocketed up past the tree canopy, a fair distance in the air above him.  When it had reached what he believed to be its apogee, he activated his semblance.  Once again, the muscular shadowy figure of his semblance took hold of the scythe handle.  Closing his eyes, Yasha focused on his semblance to see through it.

He could see the ruins again.  It looked like he was traveling in the right direction...but...did the ruins somehow seem farther than they should be?  But, he didn't have much time to dwell on it, the scythe was falling back down towards the forest floor again.  He released his concentration, and the semblance construct retreated back into the scythe.  Yasha watched as the scythe fell into some more trees a short distance away.  That wasn't a problem though.  In the blink of an eye, Yasha was already standing near the scythe, stuck blade first in the ground.  Pulling his weapon out of the ground, he kept going forward, his direction towards the ruins confirmed.

Vision

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 402
  • Karma:
    +60/-1
  • Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 08:58:33 AM »
She allowed herself a few seconds to catch her breath while hanging from her treetop vantage point. After a few failed attempts to look through the trees to see if there were any grimm or students nearby, she started to climb and drop her way down the tree trunk.

Once her feat finally made contact with solid ground she once again scoured the immediate area. As some of the adrenaline from the fall started to leave her system she started to calm down, still very nervous but not falling to your death nervous. Confident that there were no grimm about to jump her she pulled the bolt of her rifle back and loaded an ice crystal before starting to make her way into the woods.

Desperately hoping to find someone to partner up with quickly she focused on listening for sounds of combat, but there was only the occasional sound from off in the distance and each originating from different directions, nothing she could realistically follow. She could bearly make out the cliffs through the tree canopy, she had been towards the end of the launch pads so logically most people should be to her right as she stood on the cliff. Admittedly that logic could be deeply flawed by any number of variables, but it was better than nothing. After a few minutes of sneaking through the undergrowth she could hear something approaching her, gripping her weapon firmly she began to approach as well.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Xarias Fury

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 516
  • Karma:
    +30/-5
  • Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 02:29:30 AM »
Ayaka wanted action. It had been weeks since she last got into a fight and even that one ended in less than a second. Grimm, a roudy student, anything would suffice, really. She scratched her head as she walked, really wishing she landed somewhere with more visibility. Would her annoyance attract grimm? Who knows, she wasn't really all too sure how grimm attraction worked, but if it did at least she'd be able to cut something down.

Hearing shuffling nearby she drew her sword in a flash. A grimm? Her sulking did work after all! Running in the direction of the sound she readied to swing only to come face to face with...a lizard? Or rather, a girl with a purple scarf, holding a lizard. Were pets allowed during initiations? Whatever, it wasn't an enemy and she was the first person she saw. And that lizard was looking pretty cute...Shaking her head, Ayaka sheathed her sword and cocked her head to the side, leering at Iris.

"First person I run into and it's some kid collecting critters." Ayaka said, turning away while clenching her fist. She had to resist the urge to inspect the little critter, she had an image to keep. "Guess I'm stuck with you now, according to these stupid rules. Come on, let's look for something to fight, all this walking is going to put me to sleep."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Metroidhunter

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ****

  • 359
  • Karma:
    +18/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2022, 12:01:57 PM »
"... Oh... Were you talking to me?"

A puzzled Iris tilted her head curiously as she suddenly noticed the other girl. When did this chick show up? What the hell was she saying? Iris had been too spaced out to catch anything from her, but at the very least she realized that the two of them were now partners.

Without a word, Iris suddenly swerved to stand in front of Ayaka, leaning in very closely so that the two of them were face-to-face. She stared the other woman down, locking eyes with her for a few prolonged seconds. The faunus woman had an eerie gaze; reptilian-looking pupils, dark black sclera and piercingly white irises that were currently staring into Ayaka's soul. After what felt like ages, Iris eventually took a step back to scan the rest of the woman's appearance. She nodded approvingly.

"You've got sweet pants, sis."

With that, Iris casually turned and walked away. As far as she was concerned, she had performed this social interaction with flying colors and had successfully acquired herself yet another friend. Two new pals in the span of a minute? That had to be some kind of record... Even if one of those friends was only two inches tall and presently trapped in a jar in her backpack. She would have to introduce the two of them later, but for now she was focused on her next mission objective: Get the hell out of the woods.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

FunkyMonkey

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 178
  • Karma:
    +14/-1
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 03:43:27 AM »
By now, Yasha was in what he presumed to be the darkest parts of the forest.  Little sunlight was shining past the tree canopies to the forest floor.  With such low visibility, he had to be extra cautious now.  Certainly, his faunus senses helped him a bit, but he was still vulnerable.  Glowing pairs of eyes seemed to pierce through the undergrowth, visible only out of the corner of his eyes.  They leered at him, only to quickly dart out of sight and disappear when he turned his head towards their direction, the faintest of rustles in the brush the only sign they were ever there.  Though Yasha's demeanor betrayed no fear, he was no fool, and he knew that he was being stalked.  By what, he did not exactly know, but this far in the forest, it didn't take a genius to guess that it was Grimm, maybe a pack of Beowolves.  Yasha gripped the handle of his scythe tight.  He readied himself for a fight, but he sure hoped that his instincts were wrong and that it was a fellow student who was trailing him.

Xarias Fury

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 516
  • Karma:
    +30/-5
  • Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2022, 02:47:36 AM »
The staring was unnerving, uncanny, and it wasn't because of the reptilian eyes. No, it was because Ayaka never really looked people in the eyes. She was more of a look-down-on-them-and-scoff type of person. She turned away, not because she was hiding a blush, but because she found her weird. Totally.

"Whatever," Ayaka murmured, and it didn't take more than a second before she put up airs again. However, she couldn't help but feel self-conscious about her pants. was that a compliment or sarcasm? She decided to ignore it but not without the occasional glance at her thighs.

"Hey you." She said, "How are you going to fight while holding that thing around? Don't expect me to come running if you get in trouble."

Hey, what's your name? Hey I'm Ayaka. Hey, we're partners now! Any of these would have been a better line, maybe. Not that she really cared.

Movement on the periphery of her vision alerted her in the middle of her pondering. Black. Grimm. Without a  word Ayaka rushed to the side and drew her blade. Claws came from the shadows to meet her head on but soon found themselves falling onto the ground, detached from their limb. Another swing and a gnarled grin followed suit.

"Beowolves. typical." Ayaka said, spotting more rustling as she flicked black vaporizing dirt off her blade. "Get ready, you. We've got more company."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Metroidhunter

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ****

  • 359
  • Karma:
    +18/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team TBD
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2022, 10:49:41 PM »
Despite Ayaka's concern about her partner fighting with a lizard in her backpack, Iris felt confident that her new pet would be safe. He was currently residing in a moss-padded container wrapped up tightly in a scarf, tucked away safely for what could end up being a bumpy ride. However, Iris didn't really care to communicate any important details on this matter. She was actually about to change the subject entirely, but a Beowolf managed to derail the conversation before she could.

Iris stood there with mild surprise on her expression as Ayaka dispatched the monster in front of her. Realizing that she actually had to be attentive now, Iris made a quick visual scan, spotting at least half a dozen more of the beasts incoming from the treeline.

Silently drawing her weapon, Iris readied her aim and fired. Bang! The first shot from her sniper rifle hit one of the Beowolves in the skull, bone armor splintering outwards as the beast tumbled to the ground. She fired another shot, removing the arm of a second Beowolf. With each shot that followed, Iris managed to incapacitate another one of the monsters, but many more appeared to be following from behind.

What exactly had drawn them in this direction, Iris wondered? Had they been making too much noise? No, they had arrived before any shooting started. Above all else, creatures of Grimm were attracted to negative emotions… Iris wasn't the best at reading people, but even she could tell that this girl wasn't exactly radiating positive vibes. Unfortunately, she had no idea how to address that issue. Killing all of the Grimm would just have to do.

"Yo. These things have crap for brains. We can handle this." Iris swiftly reloaded her rifle before returning the weapon to its place behind her back. From the looks of it, close-quarters combat was unavoidable now. Her dust-powered gloves activated with a flex of her fingers, leaving Iris more than ready to scrap with the incoming beasts. "Just do your thing, sweetpants. Don't worry about me."
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster