Author Topic: [sSR] Initation: Team CLVS  (Read 2084 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: [sSR] Initation: Team CLVS
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2022, 01:45:49 AM »
The group's immediate synergy is honestly astonishing.

Juno broke the deadly line of fangs and claws, threw himself into the middle of the situation, and -- well, planning something that'll handle the miasmatic mass. The stringbean's an unexpected beast with that lantern, setting everything up perfectly for the blonde's one-woman crowd control knockdown campaign. The pack's bottled in. Everybody has their place, their role. It's all set up perfectly. 

That means it’s her job to follow through.

The hummingbird pulls a fragile vial of glittering dust from her thigh, whipping it down before the hummingbird leaps from the tree. Oversized wings burst through the back of her jacke, beating at the air as she plumments. The glass vial shatters under her heel at impact.

The wind screeches to life in response.

It catches the ice dust and sweeps it up like a stream, sending it crashing like a cold wave over the clearing. A fragmented gust follows, whipping hair and rustling cloaks — whipping away remaining particles surrounding her new teammates. Mist-like steam begins to rise from her crouched form.

Prism takes another breath.

Her wings flare to their full span in one swift snap as twin crescents of white light rip from her wings. The crescents cut through the air, crossing as a brief, bright X — before they impact the glittering cloud. Her aura is the ignition point, and the clearing alights. Every remaining Beowolf is flash-frozen where they stand, coated in a thin sheet of ice, barely an inch thick but just enough to keep them stuck where they stand.

“All yours, Juno!”
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 06:44:20 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 03:11:05 AM »
The wolf couldn't help but smirk as the pieces of his plan fell into place. The lantern boy was another dust caster, though he seemed more suited to support and backline casting than his own offensive application. Even so, this other caster displayed an understanding of his craft that surpassed his own, with a near effortless and instantaneous gravity cast that trapped half of their targets within range of Prometheus. The dog faunus seemed more of a frontline skirmisher, bullying more targets into his trap with devastating hits and the assistance of a shotgun. And Prism... Not only an effective sniper, but also an effective dust caster, as she froze all remaining targets in place, opening them up for his final strike. It was clean, methodical, and efficient.

He could work with this crew for a while.

“All yours, Juno!”

Right. He was ready, like shooting fish in a barrel. His seal burned, actively setting the grass alight as he released his sword and raised his left hand, stepping back just enough to avoid the direct blast of his own seal.

"Step back." He warned, reaching to hang onto his hat a mere moment before he snapped his fingers. The seal flashed white before igniting into a brilliant pillar of magenta fire, the force and heat of the ensuing detonation immolating the horde of Beowolves trapped within. Terrified and pained howls filled the air, only silenced as the twelve beasts were reduced to ash. When the pillar subsided, Juno remained still, brow furrowed as the formerly wet grass underfoot turned to singed, crunchy brush. Too much more of that could start a wildfire. He'd have to keep that in mind. His gaze moved from the ashy clearing to the bushes and treeline surrounding them, studying for any further signs of Grimm.

Nothing. His ears didn't pick up anything unnatural either. His posture relaxed, a hand moving to his pocket as he rolled his shoulders back, cracking his neck. This was his team for the next four years. He could work with this.

"So." He started, taking a moment to acknowledge the other two students, waving them all over to his position. "Roll call?"

Combat: ShowHide
Aura: 100%

Charged Prometheus Seal Triggered

Dust Stores:

Fire Battery 1: 60%
Fire Battery 2: 100%
Ice Battery 1: 100%
Ice Battery 2: 100%
Lightning Battery 1: 100%
Lightning Battery 2: 100%
Earth Battery 1: 100%
Earth Battery 2: 100%
Kinetic Battery 1: 80%
Kinetic Battery 2: 100%
Gravity Battery 1: 100%
Gravity Battery 2: 100%
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:14:46 AM by Zwei Not »
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 04:28:24 AM »
If Lucas could read minds, he'd have to agree with Prism's assessment: The teamwork of this random group of students had so far been nothing short of efficient. Sure, part of that had been the unspoken agreement to go along with the first plan presented, but the fact that each of them had slipped into appropriate roles almost immediately can only be described as astounding.

Beyond their teamwork, however, were the results. Lucas had always avoided fighting Grimm, preferring to circumvent them even when they appeared in small numbers. He'd really only ever fight to either buy time or to divert attention from something else, never to exterminate.

In other words, this had been his first ever fight to the death. And it had been a total victory, punctuated by a massive eruption of flames that reduced the monsters to ash. Perhaps in time he would realize that the strategy the team just used was thrown together in the heat of battle, which meant it could be improved upon and experimented with. With time, that improvised teamwork that led to the annihilation of a pack of Beowolves might even become a signature play! Such was the power Lucas had just witnessed.

At the moment though, Lucas could only focus on the victory that seconds before had him fearing for the worst. As the flames died out and took the howls of the beasts with them, the only thing Lucas could say was, "Whoa."

It took the other boy calling out to him for Lucas to shake out of his reverie. That's right. He was still in a dangerous forest. Just because he killed a few Grimm doesn't mean more won't come.

Unaware that Juno's eyes and ears had already done so, Lucas began to scan the area for himself, though he also found nothing. For the moment, it seemed they were safe.

With that in mind, Lucas deflated, the tension in his muscles quickly being replaced with fatigue. Who knew combat situations could be so exhausting?! Nevertheless, Lucas took a deep breath and began to introduce himself.

"Right, uh, guess we're stuck with each other now," He started, clipping his weapon back onto his belt. "I'm Lucas. Lucas Meridiem. You've probably guessed already, but I'm a dust caster. I can also act as a sniper if need be. My semblance...," he trailed off, not sure how to explain the intricacies of his admittedly complicated power in a concise manner. "Well, the simple version is that it enhances the effects of dust. It's easier to understand when you see it in action."

It was definitely a stiff introduction, but since they were gonna be stuck together for at least the remainder of this initiation, he figured they should at least know what his capabilities are. Also, well...

"Uh, do you all mind giving your names again? With all the fighting going on, I kinda missed some of the details."

Situation Log
Beowolves: Defeated in a blaze of dust and glory!
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2022, 10:12:56 PM »
Cloe had been hoping for something incredible, and her new teammates delivered spectacularly. As she watched the remaining Grimm get pulverized in a blitz of ice and fire, she couldn't help but stand there in awe with a huge smile on her face. Things had been a little rough at the start, but at the end of it all, she couldn't have asked for a more wicked outcome than this. Oh, her team was going to be awesome. Unable to contain her enthusiasm, Cloe jumped in the air and let out a joyous shriek. She hit the ground running, immediately turning into a high-speed blur of electric excitement that raced to the end of the clearing and back in just a few short seconds. As the other students gathered, she zipped towards them and skidded to a halt, doing her best to keep still and silent until Lucas was done speaking. All the while, she still bounced in place on her feet, unable to shake the smile from her expression.

Now that they weren't in the middle of combat, Cloe was able to get her first good look at the other two that had come to their aid. Being too judgmental was a problem that the young woman had often struggled with, but her ecstatic mood was keeping her first impressions very positive for the time being.

Juno... Well, he was hot. Then there was Prism. Cloe was digging her style, and those wings were just too cool. Even Lucas-- whom she had slandered with the name 'lamp boy' just a brief minute ago-- was already growing on her. Maybe he was a little awkward, but that could totally be fixed. As soon as he finished his introduction, Cloe stepped up to give her own, proudly pointing a thumb at herself.

"Cloe Z.! That's me! You guys killed it out there." She spoke with confidence, although she did make a conscious decision to avoid saying her last name. She didn't want to automatically associate herself with her family's business and then be judged solely as a privileged rich girl...

Still, anyone paying attention would have been able to piece together that she came from money. One glance at her highly-advanced prosthetic arms with a glowing green 'Z' logo on the shoulder gave that much away, let alone if they recognized it as a product of Zeu's Robotics. She was not being nearly as slick as she had hoped.

Stuff: ShowHide
Semblance: 60% charged
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:15:05 PM by Metroidhunter »
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 01:41:16 AM »
Prism throws an arm over her face as the the clearing detonates in a kingdom-come pillar of fuschia fire. The wave of heat and ash that rolls off is strong enough to make her take a step back, quietly grateful that she left her goggles down. All of those Grimm, cleanly eviscerated in a single attack. Her new team's synergy isn't just astonishing, it's astounding, amazing, some other positively-denoted a-word she doesn't have enough concentration to remember right now. They won. Simply, cleanly, without any messiness or serious aura damage. Just swift exacting communication and execution.

This team had some real hope after all.

As the dust in the clearing finally dies out, the hummingbird pushes back her goggles and approaches the rest of the group with a wide grin. Juno Varia, Lucas Meridiem, and Cloe Z... They were going to have an interesting time coming up with an acronym off all of that.

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm Prism." She offers simply, giving a little wave. "Cloe's right, that went really well for a spontaneous plan of attack. Kind of reassuring, since it looks like we'll be working together from here on out."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2023, 01:42:47 AM »
A sniper, a dust caster, and a brawler. He could absolutely work with this. Lucas's dust enhancement could potentially synergize well with Prometheus, though the effects would remain to be seen. Prism already showed her skills, and her own dust casting abilities were impressive. Having an eye in the sky was always good regardless; more vantage points allowed for greater opportunities. And Cloe... She had already proven to be quite quick, and her strength was impressive. A solid bruiser applying pressure in the close range is a valuable asset, and a role that Juno himself was usually more inclined to take. All of these specialized roles... and Juno was now at the liberty to swap between the three as needed. They'd just need the right direction for everything to flow smoothly...

He smirked as Prism finished her piece, taking a moment to flick the brim of his hat up with his usual swagger. "N' I'm Juno Varia. It's good to have some names to apply to faces." He mused, hooking his thumbs in his pockets and nodding toward Lucas and Cloe. "Reassuring ain't the half of it, y'all caught on quick to what I was setting up. Synergy like that's important, n' if we can keep this up, this'll be a cake walk." Bold words, to be sure, but Juno was confident. Everyone seemed to at least know what they were doing, and their end goal was laughably simple.

This would be over and done with before lunch.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2023, 11:13:18 AM »
Cloe, Prism, and Juno; Cloe, Prism, and Juno; Cloe, Prism, and Juno. Lucas repeated their names like a mantra in his head, making sure to memorize them as best he can. If he forgot them, he'd have to go with the nicknames he came up for them, which were "Blondie", "Birdie", and "Bozo", respectively. Something told him those names would not be appreciated.

Nevertheless, the team has officially made their introductions, and, not wanting to spend any longer in a Grimm-infested forest than he had to, Lucas piped back up. "'Cakewalk' or not, we still gotta move our legs," he started, trying to put a little bit of tension back into the situation. "If it's all the same to you guys, we should probably get on the road. I don't hear any Grimm right now, but we did cause a pretty big commotion. It's probably a matter of 'when', not 'if', something else comes by, and I want to be a long ways away when it does."

He took a look around, regaining his bearings, before turning back to the group. "Anyone get a look at these 'ruins' on the way down? I saw a couple of clearings, but nothing that really stood out," he said. He wasn't particularly hopeful, but one of their group had literal wings, and they had four sets of eyes to work with now. Maybe between the lot of them, they could pick a proper direction to go.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2023, 06:24:26 PM »
Throughout the time she had been waiting for her teammates to finish introducing themselves, Cloe had been formulating a strategy. A solid plan that would get them out of here in the quickest time possible. At least she believed so. As soon as Lucas presented the opportunity to speak, Cloe immediately chimed in.

"I say we go this way! Cloe pointed vaguely in the opposite direction from which she had come from. "I can run ahead really, really fast and check if I'm right. If you hear me screaming, you know I was wrong! Easy peasy! Who's with me?"

That was about the extent of Cloe's strategy. Was it a safe plan? 'Totally.' As far as she was concerned, she could simply greet any obstacles with a solid punch in the mouth. She wasn't afraid of any of these dumb monsters, especially not with this crew tailing behind her. Was it an efficient plan? 'Yep.' After all, she was really fast. However, was it a smart plan? 'Hell yeah it is,' she told herself without much of a second thought. She seriously doubted that anyone could come up with a better idea than this.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster