Author Topic: Prometheus Public Unveiling: Psyclone Medical Drones (OPEN)  (Read 4858 times)

Asterisk

• View Profile
Prometheus Public Unveiling: Psyclone Medical Drones (OPEN)
« on: October 07, 2016, 02:07:41 AM »
It was another day of the Vytal Festival, and in the Commercial District of Vale, at the podium where Atlas usually showed off its newest technological designs, a crowd had gathered. However, instead of the usual Atlesian Spokesperson or the General himself, Stella stood, with a mannequin standing behind her. Today was the day when she finally unveiled the PsycloneTM Medical Drones, a project her company had been working on. It had only taken a month to complete: 2 weeks for R&D, 1 for testing, and one more to be approved for deployment by all the required government offices. Plus, she had to conduct a surprise field test for them just yesterday when something went bad but it was all good! They succeeded in their task, and now they were ready to be shown and deployed to begin saving lives
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:31:55 PM by Asterisk »

Vahn

• View Profile
Re: Prometheus Public Unveiling: Syclone Medical Drones (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 03:32:09 AM »
Even after 8 years of training, Vahn can still remember his parents taking him to ever Vytal Festival since he was born.  No matter the distance or price, they would travel to the event and show him the wonders inside the festival and out.  Filled with nostalgia, he roamed around and enjoy himself as much as he can.  He visited old and new attractions until he finds himself on a bench, watching people go by with a beef skewer in his hand.  His smile slowly disappear when he stopped to look back at the good time and he looks down

"Wish you guys were here..." He said under his breath before looking up and slapping his cheeks, "No.  I'm here to enjoy myself." As he looked up, he sees the Atlas podium and realize that he hasn't seen what Atlus is bringing to this year's festival.  He gets up and walks up to the event.
Freelancer: Vahn Crimson ~ Wannabe Hunter, Grimm researcher, Protector

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Prometheus Public Unveiling: Psyclone Medical Drones (OPEN)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 03:33:39 AM »
She started speaking with a smile. "I know you were all expecting some jokes or some hooks and attention grabbers like Atlas, but I'm afraid I'm more boring than them. I mean, they mainly show off those weapons, which we all know protect us from those big bad scary Grimm outside those walls right? Well here at Prometheus, we try to think further ahead. What happens if our weapons grow powerful enough that we destroy all Grimm? What would happen to the weapons, or worse, what if we used them on ourselves like during the Grayed War? YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU ON THE MAP ATLAS. Well here at Prometheus, we seek to develop the future, expecting one where we don't need to deal with the Grimm anymore. Now then, I believe some of you in the crowd are familiar with some of our previous projects. How many remember the Medical Operations Shuttle from last year?"

With the word Medical Operations Shuttle, an airship that was sleeker and more angular than a bullhead flew over the tops of nearby buildings, turning in the air before landing in an open area. The airship was covered in white paint, with red lines going around it. It also had a few sirens located on top and on its wings. A hologram of bullet text appeared, reading:

- Fast and easy to deploy

- No need for two-way travels

- Stable flight

- Clean, sterile operating room on the spot

- Forcefield technology to ensure it stays sterile,
even after exposure to external environments
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:31:29 PM by Asterisk »

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:03:31 AM »
Vahn looks at the hologram with interest.   Even though Atlus did catch his eyes more as a kid, he sees how problematic they can be in the future if all they do is make weapons.  He tries his best to listen to the presentation seeing that Prometheus seems to deal in medical needs.
Freelancer: Vahn Crimson ~ Wannabe Hunter, Grimm researcher, Protector

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 02:19:17 PM »
Chloe was walking around the town. With short redhead hair, a bright aqua shirt with an oblique lime green bar through it paired alongside dark blue jeans, her 5'11", somewhat fit stature didn't stand out too much. Eyeing the stands for news and such, she spotted what looked like the Atlas booth. Curious to know what war machine they'd concocted this time around, she was surprised to see the small stage occupied by a young, dark-haired lady. She listened intently to the speech she gave, appreciating the company's displayed direction.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
"I see a few hands. Well, here at Prometheus, we never stop innovating. And so, I would now like to announce the completion of our latest project." Turning around towards the mannequin, she took her sword off of her hip before activating it and quickly slashed it five times across the chest. Bright blue liquid came out, simulating blood. "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present to you the Psyclone Medical Drone!" With Stella's last word, an unmanned aerial vehicle about the size of a Bullhead flew over before slowing down and hovering in the air above her. Opening a set of doors on the bottom, it deployed drones of varying shapes and sizes that fell, then hovered in the air around the fallen mannequin. "The average medical response time for a Category A life-threatening situation is eight minutes. A Psyclone should arrive within the span of two right after the call. A drone latched onto the mannequin's neck, taking a sample of its 'blood' and analyzing it for allergies before injecting in a calculated dosage of the proper fluids. Then, a number of circular drones loaded with gravity dust lifted the mannequin, suspending it in air while another cut its shirt open. After that, the rest of the drones closed in and began working on the patient as multiple holograms appeared in the air displaying what they were doing. Some were cleaning the 'wounds', some repaired vessels and organs, some formed hard-light constructs to temporarily connect blood vessels before they were reconnected by other drones, and as everything was repaired, the wounds were sutured. Once the entire surgical operation was completed on the spot, the gravity drones lowered the mannequin back to the floor. Stella smiled out at the crowd. "What do you guys think of that? Pretty cool?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:30:59 PM by Asterisk »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
Chloe didn't waste any time, immediatly asking questions, her dangerously smooth voice carrying itself over the crowd. "How did you manage the biological interfacing?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:16:36 AM by nathan67003 »
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    Currently wish brick was a gender option XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 01:42:20 AM »
Obadia scoffed at the display the drones worried him so he and A.C.D.C. shoved their way to the front of the crowd and said "If you would humor me for a second I have some conserns about these drones of yours.", as he waited for a response he observed the drones work getting more and more worried.
BEACON
Kale Bomvu "Ready, set, boom." -Third year explosives expert
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--
Eddy Midori"You're never ready for me."-- First year Cocky Monk
Alice Kasshoku/Schwarz -- "You just need to chill."-- active huntress

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:14:57 AM »
Turning to Chloe, Stella said, "At Prometheus, we are proud to boast that our developments in fusing artificial intelligence, robotics, and medicine have lowered trauma mortality rates by 4.7% over the past year. If need be though, a surgical team will be standing by throughout the entire procedure to take over the drones with motion capture."

She then turned to Obadia. "If you have concerns, I would love to hear them. Perhaps there was something we overlooked?"

The drones, after finishing with the entire procedure, flew back into the airship.

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
Xavier walked up to the podium. He had heard great things about Prometheus and the technology they developed. Much of it was on par and surpassed his own. Maybe it was because that free-lance inventing wasn't paying as much as it used too with the big corporations becoming more numerous but one thing was for certain. Xavier would eventually be forced to start his own company for join another one. Tuning back into the real world he heard the the question posed by Obadia he was intrigued. Xavier specialized in machinery and robotics, while most of it being in the munitions department that didn't stop him from being curious about new tech.

Watching the drones fly back into the airship Xavier finished the recording his bugs had been taking on the entire meeting and set his sights on Stella.

This should be interesting
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:06:03 PM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »
Obadia shuddered as the drones finished "My main concern is safety for the masses, as you said earlier you look to a time where we don't fight Grimm but each other, when that happens I could see those drones being used as a weapon more then a means to help the injured."
BEACON
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 05:40:19 AM »
And you have the right to address this. Admittedly, while I did say something along those lines, we still contribute our efforts towards the destruction of Grimm and produce weapons. With technology, anything can become a weapon. As such, a weapon can always be used for something other than to destroy your enemy. At Prometheus however, we choose not to base our research around the developments of these weapons, but they can and will still be used anywhere applicable."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:43:06 AM by Asterisk »

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 11:49:10 PM »
Obadia shook his head  and said "You don't seem to get what I mean, if someone where to hack that drone right there.", he pointed at the one that had latched to the mannequins neck "Said person could assassinate any world leader by any born allergies or blood pathogens and there would be almost no way to know who, where, and when. So what I'm asking in a simplified manner do those drones have the security required to keep that from happening?"
BEACON

SHADE

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 11:51:25 PM »
"Yes, are drones are quite literally unhackable. While the existence of our phantom drives are known throughout the world, the technology shall remain classified."

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 01:08:07 AM »
Obadia nodded he seemed a bit more satisfied before saying "Good, make sure they stay that way or I'll hunt you down myself.", A.C.D.C. nocked Obadia upside the head shutting him up before he said anything he might regret and said "Ignore him, he'd rather die by his own hand then kill an innocent.", Obadia scoffed while rubbing the back of his head "Just make sure they don't replace the need for skilled medics on the field and I won't rip them apart if I see one in battle."
BEACON

SHADE