Author Topic: First Year 2v2 Match - Round 1: Malina/Carmine V Juno/Verdant[Limited: 4/8]  (Read 14792 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
{This was supposed to be Juno/Verdant V Nathan/Stella, but I found out that they were not on a team, they've been replaced by Malina/Carmine)

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FIRST ROUND OF PAIRED MATCHES!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, BUT I THINK AT THIS POINT, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. I MEAN, REALLY, IF MY VOICE HASN'T BEEN HEARD BY ALL YOU F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "- ALREADY, i WOULD BE SURPRISED.ANYWAY, ONTO THE COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FIRST ROUND, WE'VE GOT TWO PAIRS FROM BEACON- HEY DO YOU GUYS FIND IT SUSPICIOUS THAT BEACON HAS WAY MORE COMBATANTS THAN ANY OTHER ACADEMY? YES, DEREK, I KNOW I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT... NO I'M NOT GOING TO STOP... YES, I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE FOR YOU TO F ҉   ҉ K OFF, DEREK. JESUS, SOME PEOPLE, AM I RIGHT!? ANYWAY, OUR FIRST PAIR IS JUNO VERT AND VERDANT COWL, MEMBERS OF TEAM VCVS. GOD DAMN, THAT'S AN EXPLOSIVE TEAM NAME! AND THE OTHER TEAM, WITH A SIGNIFICANTLY LESS EXPLOSIVE NAME, MALINA NAHUALLI AND CARMINE SANTIAGO! THAT GIRL HAS A SCORPION TAIL ON HER ASS AND THAT IS NOT OKAY! THAT IS BREAKING THE RULES OF NATURE AND TO BE HONEST, I'M A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE. DEREK! GET ME AN ADULT! WHAT? I KNOW I'M AN ADULT, GET ME A BIGGER ADULT.... JUST DO IT! ANYWAY, ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! NO, DEREK, I WILL NOT MAKE THE SAME JOKE TWICE. WHAT AM I, SOME LOW RATE COMEDIAN?" After a brief moment, the crowed cheered, albeit halfheartedly.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Lava and Mountain.

A loud laugh came from the speakers. "LAVA AND MOUNTAIN, HOW FITTING IS THAT, AM I RRRRRRRRRRRIGHT!? I'M A TIGER-MAN!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Juno and Verdant's half was a mostly intact floor of cracked cooled off lava, with lava pools littered around, and Nathan and Stella's half became a large mountain with a few trees littered around. Though now, instead of a waterfall, the mountain was spewing lava and most of the trees had caught fire. (Malina and Carmine will start atop the mountain)

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Juno and Verdant get the first posts. The arena size is that of the 2v2 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:50:45 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 2v2 Match - Round 1: Malina/Carmine V Juno/Verdant[Limited: 4/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:00:43 PM »
Mountain and Lava.

How impossibly perfect of an arena for two members of VCVS to do battle upon.

Juno passed his teammate a glance as they strode through the hall toward the field. It was quite the honor to actually make it into the tournament. Sure, you could apply, but to successfully enter? Amongst the improbable number of applicants, the fact that VCVS managed to represent in all three first year brackets was a feat in and of itself. Especially given Juno's own personal failures, a chance to redeem himself upon the world stage was brilliant.

The armor clad teen exhaled as he stepped onto the rocky surface of their side of the field, the difference in heat being a noticeable change. They could probably tough it out, though. The ANUBIS suit had cooling measures to prevent accidents, and Verdant's outfit wouldn't lend itself to overheating. However, they were on the wrong side of the mountain. Well, they could work with that.

Juno glanced up at his opposition and rolled one of his shoulders before tapping one side of his headset. "Mic Check. Verdant, you good?" Juno asked as he drew the DMR and scanned the mountaintop for their opposition.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »
Verdant looked out upon the arena he and Juno were going to be competing on. The areas were mountain and volcano "really" he thought. Verdant then heard his partner and team leader Juno speak into the team radio, "Mic Check. Verdant, you good?"

"I don't know if a volcano and mountain area could be more on the nose for a team of our namesake." Verdant jokingly replied as he notched a basic arrow to his bow.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:37:19 AM by SirZinger »
Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
Malina looked down from the top of the mountain. "Pretty steep drop, Carmine. We could probably hold out up here and just fire down..." She looked to Carmine and then to the crowd surrounding them. "Probably wouldn't be that interesting though, so..." She grinned as she pulled a dust vial from her coat pocket and slid it into her weapon. Manticore swayed behind her and she held out her weapon in front of her and began to build up a fire ball between her weapon's pincers. "Might as well start off with  a blast, right?" With that, Malina fired off the fireball, sending it rocketing toward Juno and Verdant, landing and exploding in between them

(5 points of splash damage)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:15:20 PM by Dr. Gustave »

Vox Machinae

• Administrator

• Abusive Webmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:18:09 PM »
Carmine smirked at her friend, shrugging as she pulled out her guns. "Yah, and we 'ave to give the audience a nice show, or we'll never get our faces on Pumpkin Pete's box." She giggled, and pointed Shining One and Bright One at the two below. "... Okay, and given my semblance, this is like the best arena EVER in the 'istory of arenas."

Lava arena. Heat-draining recharge semblance. It was a match made in... well, okay, it wasn't a match made in any place of goodness, light, and decency, but it was okay to be a little naughty now and then. A cute devil was still as cute as a cute angel, right? Of course it was. Cute is cute.

She waved out the corner of her eye as Malina prepared her weapon. "A blast?" Flicking to grenade mode with her thumbs, Carmine giggled again. "I was thinking many..."

Al-Maisan and Al-Nayyir were not subtle weapons in grenade mode, and an unholy racket to match the fiendish nature of their fortunes sounded as she aimed the two guns to the sides of where she projected the fireball to land, showering the area with explosive impact microgrenades.

(5 points of splash damage)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »
Of course ranged weapons would be at play. The field was huge, and they were up top. However, explosives and fireballs were not on the list of weapons he had expected. Quick to react, however, Juno deployed his shield and grabbed Verdant's arm, pulling his teammate behind the wall of metal as it soaked up damage from the explosive weaponry. While it didn't cover everything, it was enough to block the fireball.

"That was an interesting way to say hello." Juno remarked under his breath as he advanced, flicking his wrist to construct three disks, one stacked atop another. "Notch an explosive arrow. Take out the one with the gun, I'll engage the one with the staff. Synch?" he ordered, not even waiting for a reply before moving the shield aside and lobbing the disks, watching as they moved together halfway through their flight path before splitting off into their own respective arcs, converging on Malina.

[Aura 95%]

[Disks: 5 points of damage each]

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
Verdant heard Juno's order and put away his basic arrow and pulled out one of his explosive arrows from his sheath. Verdant ran from behind Juno's shield and slide into cover behind some rocks. Verdant notched the explosive arrow and aimed up at the fighter named Malina and used his semblance to aim right for the her face, his goal was to disorent the her so Juno could move up and attack Carmine.

[Aura 95%]

[Explosive Arrow: 20 pionts of damage]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:26:58 AM by SirZinger »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Malina smirked as she stared down range at the explosions before quickly switching to a canister of repulsion dust. "What can I say, I'm not good with long range." She said with a shrug as she gripped her staff, waiting for the counterattack... and there it was. Out of the fading smoke, three glowing disks shot outward into the air. In an instant, she held down the trigger on her weapon and began to wave it rapidly in front of herself and her teammate, as if she were haphazardly painting a large wall. A flash of red light came as the disks converged and slammed into the wall of floating repulsion Dust. Immediate following the flash, the arrow similarly connected with the Dust and exploded, though the explosion was directed the opposite direction. Under the cover of the smoke, Malina swapped out her Dust canister for a propulsion canister. "Go for the one in the suit, I'll take the one with the arrow."

Suddenly, out of the smoke, came Malina... riding her staff like a broomstick, with her tail wrapped around it. 'Fuckin worth it.' She grinned stupidly as she came speeding down the mountain, finger held firmly against the trigger, letting out the constant stream of propulsion Dust. As she approached where the two had been standing at the start of the match, she pulled upward, sending her flying into the air. From above she spotted Verdant and quickly uncoiled her tail so she could lift her staff upward. With one last pull of her trigger, she was sent flying down toward the boy from above, staff raised above her head, ready to bring it down upon him. (7 Points)

Up in the stands, several familiar faces sat on the edge of their seats. "I didn't know it was Halloween already, Fleetwood!" Graviton spouted boisterously as he stuffed another handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"Oh my g..." Fleetwood simply sighed in response, placing her hand over her face.

In the row just below Graviton and Fleetwood, sat Zabar, watching intently as the match progressed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:46:03 PM by Dr. Gustave »

Vox Machinae

• Administrator

• Abusive Webmaster

• View Profile
"Feh. Hunters..." Nonus Decimi Anguis crossed his arms in his seat in the stands, glancing at the massive suit of power armor occupying the two seats next to him. "Why did you have bringings to this, Patriarch?" The Frumentarius looked back at the match, as the young man in power armor projected a shield.

"Because... Ayla wanted to see the Alapelagian fight..." Leo's visor turned to his right, at the heavily augmented girl sitting next to him, before looking back at the arena. "... And because... there should be... a familiar face on that stage..."

Juno. During the conflict with Graviton. "... Patriarch, I apologize if I had misunderstandings of my instructions, when I had punching of the boy in armor in his-"

"Not him..." Leonius smiled under his helmet. "Think closer... What kind of people are on that field..? Perhaps... I don't know... a Musafiri girl..? Perhaps in the eleven-to-twelve age range... six years ago..?" His metal-clad fist clenched. "Familiar circumstances... aren't they... Decimus Anguis?"

Nonus did not answer, but was suddenly much, much more interested in the fight.

Carmine frowned when Juno threw up his shield, and lowered her weapons until the disks and explosive arrow struck, negated by Malina's dust casting. Useful.

"'Kay, flankin'" was all she said to Malina's target calling, and paused before heading down to the lava fields. Was she going to- She was. Carmine watched Malina mount her staff like a broom, and resisted the urge to squeal right then and there. It was cute! It was super cute! But they were not here to be cute, however cute they were being!

Carmine focused as she ran to the side. She was the object, the rock under her feet was the point of reference, and with an exertion of will and minor drain to her own aura she launched herself forward, repeating the process as she descended, kicking off of rocks to continue her momentum and keep control of her course. The Shining One and Bright One rose on her final kick after descending, a hail of microgrenades leaving their barrels to create a thick cloud of thermal smoke that she vanished into on her final descent.

The heat was oppressive, and just what Carmine needed as her aura began to recharge from her exertion. Al-Maisan started to charge, as she switched Al-Nayyir to flechette fire and started peppering Juno's last position with shots.

[Aura: 98% and rising]

[Flechette fire: 10 points]

Ayla smiled watching Malina's descent, her silver fingers crossed as she hoped for the best. "Come on," was all she said, a soft phrase of hope escaping her collared throat.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:28:08 PM by Vox Machinae »

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
"... Goddammit, Verdant." Juno grumbled as his partner ran out of cover of the shield, attempting to hide behind a series of rocks for a better shot. Which was great. Perfect, actually, since all of their projectiles had been blocked.

No, Juno wasn't salted in the slightest. He couldn't do much but watch and recall his disks as the two girls flanked them, and was about to head over to help his teammate when he noticed where Carmine was headed. Well, at least until she had covered her position with smoke.

Brilliant.

Juno was quick to move the shield, shaking his head as the rounds clattered against the wall of titanium. They had Verdant locked in a close combat scenario, and he needed out of whatever this mess was. Raising his arm, Juno constructed and fired a grappling dart at the rock Verdant had used for cover. Once the dart sunk into its target, Juno then leapt into the air, repositioned his shield, and reeled himself in, hoping to use his momentum to bash Malina away from his teammate.

[Aura: 95%]

[Fastball Shield Bash: 15% if connects]

[1 slot charging, 3 slots active]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:59:05 PM by Rush »

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
Verdant recoiled as Malina struck him with her staff. He saw what looked like Juno's grapple hook hit the rock behind Malina. Verdant knew he had to get away so he reached into his quiver and wrapped his fist around an ice arrow. Then he attempted to jam the arrow into Malina's foot he would then release the arrow and attempt to jump out of her reach.

[Aura: 88%]

[Ice Arrow 5 Damage and freeze]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:50:54 PM by SirZinger »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Malina whipped her head around to see Juno hurtling toward her. Before she could move out of the way, however, she felt something freeze over her foot. 'Fuck.' Was the only thing that went through her head as Juno slammed into her, breaking her free of the ice, and sending her tumbling across the ground.

Malina grumbled as she quickly lifted herself up from the ground. "I guess we're playing like that." She said as she brushed dirt off of her body. She gripped her staff with both ends and pointed the pincers away from Juno and Verdant. Her face was more focused now, her brows furrowed and eyes focused. With a pull of the trigger, she flew forward, stopping right between Verdant and Juno. As soon as she came to a halt, her aura erupted from her body, sending a concussive wave of aura outward, knocking both of her opponents in opposite directions and into the air. (7 points + Major knockback) "CARMINE, NOW!"

Malina paused for a moment to catch her breath. After a moment to give Carmine time to launch her half of
the attack, Malina turned on her heel and used her staff to shoot toward Verdant.

(Aura: 80/100)
Autohit granted by Rush and SirZinger.

Vox Machinae

• Administrator

• Abusive Webmaster

• View Profile
"So," Nonus said, watching the Musafiri girl vanish into a cloud of smoke as her partner engaged the archer, "those scar-markings you are thinking are of my work?" The Frumentarius crossed his arms, looking down at the young pink-haired teenager sitting next to him. "I made sure to... confirmings... of every target..." He turned, looking up at Leonius. "I swear to you, Patriarch and cousin-kin of my beloved Vita, I did not fail you!"

"Dominus..." The small woman, Pia, put her hand on Nonus's lap, and joined her master in looking up at the massive power armor. "Patriarch, I have studied the files of my Dominus. He speaks truth. Confirmation was made for-"

Leonius raised his finger, and the female Frumentarius shut up. "I am not saying... that you failed... Nonus... I am saying... that you succeeded..."

Carmine bared her teeth as the arena readout on Malina's aura dropped sharply. The smoke was already clearing from her movement, so when Malina exploded and yelled, she was ready. Al-Nayyir was switched to explosive fire, but it was Al-Maisan that took center stage as she whipped it around and unleashed a charge shot at the ground under Juno. "I 'ave you now," she screamed, surging her aura to leap out of the cloud at the armored combatant.

(10-15 point AOE, depending on distance to the center.)

"... You are aware that I sent you... against a single particular target..." Leonius steepled his fingers under his visor. "To cover your tracks... you selected many additional targets... and then forgot which was the primary..."

Nonus was silent, stewing in the reminder, until Leo chuckled.

"The fact that this girl... this Carmine Santiago... is with us today... is proof you performed wonderfully... and took down the original target... I sent you after..." Leonius was not smiling under his helmet. "I can think of few other people... who could survive having their brains... splattered across the pavement... and their arm severed..."

Both guns belched a stream of explosive hell at Juno, now that the charge shot had hopefully softened him up, switching to flechette fire when Carmine was getting closer.

(10 damage)

(Aura: 105% and rising)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
[The following Grab combo was granted by Vox]

Once Juno had landed his strike, he had let down his shield, preparing to wail on the scorpion tailed combatant. Of course, such action never came to fruition, as soon enough, she was between him and his teammate. One ear splintering boom later and he had found himself hurtling toward the mountain, flinging the trio of disks at Malina in a desperate attempt at a farewell "fuck you".

Juno had expected to hit the ground. Instead, he was launched into a completely different direction by an explosive round, the force twisting him toward the gunslinger. He had forgotten about Carmine, a mistake that had left him in an unfortunate position. By the time he had finally hit solid ground, he was on his feet, his back to the mountain with his shield back up. He needed to turn this arou...

105%?

How in the hell could someone hit 105%?

Glancing at the top right of his HUD offered more disappointing news. His decision to keep his disks up left him with only one construct left for the next six seconds. Brilliant.

Well, he wasn't going anywhere with his back to a wall, but she was definitely in range to bring her to him. Waiting for her barrage to subside was taking too long, however, and he didn't want her to get closer. So he dropped the shield and braved the assault long enough to fire the line, hooking the girl by the waist and reeling her in. Since she had been so kind to harass him with gunfire earlier, Juno decided to greet her rather personally.

The first punch to her jaw was just to get her attention. The hook to her gut was more for catharsis, holding her there long enough for him to wink before throwing her over his head and against the wall. After that, he disengaged, turning and dashing off to help Verdant.

This match was quickly going against their favor.

[Aura: 70%]
[Disks: 5% each. Grab combination: 25%]
[5 slots charging]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:35:11 AM by Rush »

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
Verdant hit the floor with a hardy thud which made him drop his bow. He was dazed from the concussive blast that knocked him and Juno away from each other. Verdant looked around and saw Malina running his way, he picked up his bow and drew an explosive arrow from his quiver ready for a fight. He saw the path that Malina was taking to get to him and fired the explosive arrow at where her feet were about to be.

[Aura 81%]
[Explosive Arrow 20-15 AOE points and slight knockback]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:05:33 PM by SirZinger »