Author Topic: 1st Year 1v1 2nd Round: Razzmatazz V Zabar [Limited 2/8]  (Read 14436 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Year 1v1 2nd Round: Razzmatazz V Zabar [Limited 2/8]
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »
'Little bit of A and B, huh?' Zabar thought to himself as he eyed Razz. 'So watch out for any strange lighting.' He thought as he flexed his fingers for a moment. Against Zwei, he couldn't afford to not reveal his semblance in his first attack, that rifle would have shredded him. He was just lucky he'd scared Zwei off from using it the rest of the fight. But for Razz, he needed to make sure he only revealed it when it gave him an advantage or when he couldn't afford not to. 'Not that he seems to have an anti-tank rifle on him...' He thought as he refocused on his opponent.

As the boy watched his opponent charge toward, he paid close attention to the sword's length. 'I could block a horizontal or vertical strike, but then again...' He looked glanced quickly to his gauntlets and back up toward Razz. As soon as he was in range, Zabar shifted his footing and leapt backward, narrowly avoiding a stab to his chest. 'Probably wouldn't have been able to block that anyway.' He thought as his feet reconnected with the ground.

Immediately, Zabar shot his hands outward toward and around Razzmatazz's feet and let loose a steady cloud of ice dust, attempting to freeze over the his feet. Whether or not his ploy worked, Zabar quickly launched himself back toward Razz, throwing his full weight into him with a shoulder charge. (17%) He would be in a disadvantage after this, but if he could just land the hit, he would be in a better position.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
Zabar had managed to dodge Razzy's attack entirely, which didn't really come as much of a surprise. The boy was prepared to avoid an attack, so the ice didn't get him as he hopped into the air.

The following shoulder charge gave him less time to act, though. The boy decided that with his footing, his best option was simply immediate retaliation. The charge was definitely fierce, but it could go both ways. Razz swung his blade out, crouching slightly and taking a single step forward, going for a stab at Zabar's side with his left hand, utilizing his own charge to deal damage.

He used his other arm to essentially 'receive' the charge. While taking full damage from it if Zabar kept going, the boy tried to give himself momentum while keeping some balance. He could use the attack to launch himself back towards that crystal he saw earlier, despite it being risky.

The boy was flung through the air, and had to tuck into a roll as he hit the ground once more. He was in front of the crystal again, his cape just a few meters away from him. The boy quickly got back up on his feet, taking a defensive stance again.

(Stab is 17%)

(Aura at 60%)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:32:44 AM by Walter »
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
Zabar clenched his teeth as the pain spread through his side and then throughout his body. He took a moment as he watched Razzmatazz flew backward through the air and landed just short of his cape and a particularly large dust crystal. With a grin on his face, Zabar cycled his left gauntlet to kinetic dust and his right gauntlet to lightning dust once more.

"Pretty dangerous footwork there!" He called out as he lifted his right hand and sent bolts of lightning not toward Razz, but past him. (4% per second) He had attempted to shoot the bolts straight through his opponent and into the crystal in an attempt to ignite it to cause an explosion. (20%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »
When Zabar called out, Razz instantly figured what his opponent was planning to do. As such, Razz did the only sane thing he could think of. That is, he jumped in front of his opponent's shot. By this point, he was almost used to getting zapped. Not that it was pleasant, though.

Razz considered using his rifle for a moment, but decided against it. His opponent was fast, and his gun wasn't loaded. He had to pay full concentration to his every move so Zabar wouldn't pull another attack like the cape one off. He did, however, make sure he had some dust cartridges prepared.

After a moment of shock from the lightning, Razzy laughed a bit and knocked on the side of his head with his knuckle. "Guess I didn't think that one through entirely. You're a really good shot with that!" He said and took a defensive stance yet again. If Zabar tried the lightning again, he should be able to block it without taking damage this time. Hopefully.

(Aura at 56%)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:23:22 PM by Walter »
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 04:15:40 PM »
"You know, I was wrong about you." Zabar said as he wiped a bead of sweat from his brow. "I saw your match against Cobe- Well, part of it anyway. I don't really like watching opponent's matches before hand, my team leader would disagree, but I say it's much more fun to work your way through as you go." He chuckled as he glanced toward one of the cameras and then to the aura gauge. "60% to 56%... I'll let you in on a little trick, hell I'd say you've preformed well enough to get some advice." As he spoke, the chamber in his right gauntlet to lightning dust. "This won't work on Grimm, but if you ever fight against someone where your life matters, play dumb. Let them get their guard down, then strike back will full force."

The Vacuan raised his fist upward, preparing to rush in and attack. "Once my gauge reaches 50%, you're gonna have to try a little harder. So until then, no tricks, no fancy flamethrowers, no lighting- Well..." As if on command, the electric crackle of lightning surrounded his gauntlets. "A little lightning, but mostly just hand to hand." He smiled as he planted his back foot on the ground, ready to pounce. "Now would be the time to hit me with everything you've got." Was the last thing he said before shooting forward toward Razzmatazz.

As he approached his opponent, he pulled his left arm back and attempted to smack it into the flat of his opponent's blade, moving it out of the way and immediately following up with a swift punch to the gut, attempting to send a jolt of electricity through Razz's body. (10% + 3%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
Razzy blinked, momentarily confused, but then gave a nod and a thumbs up to his opponent. " Alright, you've got it! Thanks!" He said. Zabar then went for his charge.

Him going into melee was exactly what the boy had hoped for. It was time do just what Zabar had told him to do: play dumb. Although, probably not in the way he meant it. Razz hopped back even closer to the crystal, one hand holding his blade while the other still held the dust cartridges.

Zabar appeared to be doing a wide strike, and as such, the boy went to place his sword in front of it. Meanwhile his legs went into a crouching position, ready to jump to the side. As his opponent neared Razz, the boy used his semblance to conjure more lights in front of his opponent's eyes. Zabar appeared to prefer using momentum for his strikes in melee thus far, so if the boy had figured things out right...

Razz made no attempt to resist the force of Zabar's strike on his blade. Matter of fact, he went along with it, jumping in the same direction. As he did, he flicked the button to turn Rozhe Orchideya into its rifle form while tossing several dust cartridges onto the place where he had just been standing.

He landed not-so-gracefully on his back, sliding a bit on the rocky landscape, but didn't have time to think about the pebbles under his shirt just yet. He quickly shoved a cartridge into his gun, aimed at the ones on the ground, and fired. He hoped to all hell this worked, though even if it did, it'd hurt him as well.

(Crystal blowing up is 20%, shot itself is 8%. If the crystal blows up, Razz himself ends up taking 10% damage.)

(Aura at 56%)

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 04:53:26 PM »
Zabar grimaced as the illusory lights filled his vision. Being quick on his feet, he used the moment of his missed hit to duck into a roll to pass through the lights. Somewhere, in the back of his head, he knew Dustin would yell at him for giving advice to his opponent. That didn't matter, though, he was actually enjoying this match.

As the boy recovered from his impromptu tuck and roll, he quickly regained sight of his opponent. Specifically, his opponent that was aiming a gun toward him. Even more specifically, just below him.

Zabar realized a second too late what he'd rolled onto as the crystal exploded underneath him, sending raw, explosive energy upward and into him, sending him flying backward and tumbling across the ground.

"Alright..." He said, through clenched teeth as the pain slowly faded. "That... that was good." A smile spread across his face as his eyes darted to the aura gauges. 40% to 46% "But this is where the real fun of the fight starts."

While keeping a close eye on his opponent, Zabar took off his poncho and hate and placed them carefully on the ground next to him. His messy dirty blond hair, now free from the confines of the hat, fell down to about his eyebrows and covered the tips of his ears. "Last match, I only got past fifty before the last blow, but now... this is much more interestin'." He said as he took one last chance to clasp his hands together and stretch his arms before separating his hands and letting each of the claw-like extensions extend from the gauntlet's fingertips.

"And believe me, I know what this must look like." He grinned as the chambers in his gauntlets cycled to fire dust. "But if there's one thing that every Vacuan knows, it's that you gotta adapt or you're gonna die. So, I sincerely hope you know how to adapt."

The moment of peace was gone, and so was the Vacuan's restraint on his fighting. He brought up both hands in front of him and aimed them upward as the air in front of his hands shimmered faintly. As soon as his hands reached straight upward, his gauntlets began to spew out hot flames into the air before seemingly being pulled back down toward the gauntlets and finally settling into a red-hot balls of flame siting mere inches from his palms.

In the next moment, Zabar quickly brought his hands downward to aim toward Razz and the shimmering seemed to increase for a quick moment before the boy released the fireballs, sending them zooming toward the ground that his opponent stood on, exploding on the rock and sending smoke into the air.

As soon as the fireballs left the palms of his hands, the chambers in both gauntlets cycled through to kinetic. In a fluid motion, Zabar shot out two bursts of kinetic dust from each gauntlet and launched himself flying forward, even faster than before, toward the explosion.

As the smoke began to clear, he could see the faint outline of his opponent and corrected his course with a burst of kinetic dust and just as quickly as he had left his poncho and hat, he had arrived at his opponent. Except, not quite. He launched himself low to the ground and shot just past Razz's left leg before digging his clawed gauntlet into the ground, making it an anchor. Quickly, he put his right gauntlet forward and launched a burst of kinetic dust once more, stopping his momentum. In the next moment, Zabar released hus gauntlet from the ground and kicked off the rocky surface to send a punch directly at Razz's back.

(Aura: 40/100)
(Fireballs: 12% each if direct hit, 6% and lower if splash damage)
(Punch: 15%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 01:53:01 PM »
Razzy's attack had gone exactly according to keikaku, though the force of the explosion did strike him as well, sending him tumbling along the dirt. Still, the boy got back up on his feet around the same time as his foe did, still smiling, though there was some pain visible in his expression.

Razzy switched Rozhe back to blade form and listened to Zabar's words, carefully watching his moves. The appearance of the fireball came as a surprise, to say the least.

"I do like to think I'm pretty adaptable!" The boy called out, eager to prove just that. Two projectiles were about to head his way. Whatever cover he could find would likely explode itself, making things so much worse for him. But even with this  in his mind, he remembered his opponent's words: Play dumb.

When the projectiles left Zabar's hands, Razz rushed forward, diving once he was a couple meters away from his original position. The explosions which struck the ground didn't hit him directly, but the damage (-6%) still got him some. Dust and debris were thrown up into the air, raining over the boy. He had to get up quickly.

Zabar was going all out now, just like he had promised he would. Alright, no biggie, Razz still had a good shot at this. They were even, after all, so it was anyone's ga- And Zabar was attacking again. Crap.

Razz was prepared to block another attack, possibly to use the same going-with-the-force tactic as before, but was a bit bewildered when the attack seemed to miss him entirely. Just as he was turning around to face his foe, he realized what was happening. And he didn't like it one bit.

Razz brought his sword up in time to block, but not in time to brace himself. The result was his blade flying out from his hand, sailing through the air and landing about 20 meters away, now in the geyser side of the arena. Oh, bother.

"Uh. Oops." He said, now staring his opponent face-to-face while disarmed. At this point, he did the only sane thing.

He ran like hell. He had to get his weapon back, and, at the very least, could use the geysers to buy him some time. But there was a problem with this plan, one which he realized immediately. Zabar was fast.

So, despite the fatigue which it would cost him, Razz used his semblance once more, and to a much higher extent. Rather than a brief, distracting bunch of squiggly lines and odd colors, this was a full whirlwind of lights around Zabar's head. Like a rock concert light show right up in one's face. It only lasted for about two seconds, but took a bit out of the pink-clad boy. He just hoped it was enough to buy him the time he needed to get in among the geysers.

(Aura at 40%)

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »
'Man, I really need to think of a way to counter this.' Was all that went through Zabar's mind as the blinding lights surrounded his head. As soon as his vision was obscured, he quickly pointed both gauntlets toward the ground and fired off two bursts, sending him flying backward into the air to avoid any potential swings Razz might take at him. As he fell back down to the ground, he could tell the lights had faded, but the lasting effects of having light blasted into his eyes lingered. As his feet touched the ground, he began to rub his eyes, attempting to make the dancing colors fade away.

"Alright! New plan!" As he regained sight, he immediately whipped his head around to find Razz, before spotting him on the other side of the arena. He'd certainly have reached his weapon by this point.

As he narrowed his eyes, he dropped his right hand to his side as if waiting to draw some invisible revolver from its holster. With his left hand, he flexed his fingers one last time before raising it upward to the sky. The air above him seemed to shimmer slightly just before flames began to erupt from the gauntlet and shoot upward before being pulled back down into a ball like a small sun being formed over the course of thousands of year above Zabar's head. This would work. It had to. The strain all the dust was putting on his semblance was no small amount.

And now he waited.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2016, 01:40:18 PM »
Weaving around the geysers, some of which spouted steam just as the boy ran by, Razzy eventually made it to his blade. He grabbed it and tucked into a roll, having his blade face behind him, certain that Zabar was hot on his tail.

Or not. Razz glanced around for a moment and spotted his opponent in the distance, and good golly, that was a lot of fire. A lesser man would make a joke about things really starting to heat up. Maybe even several such jokes. But this was not the time for them.

The pink-clad boy dug through his pockets for a regular bullet, as he didn't have any cartridges left, and switched his weapon to gun form. He loaded the shot, crouched down and fired at his foe, hoping to disturb whatever attack he was planning. Because Razz did not want to get hit by that. After taking his shot, he looked around in search of potential cover, but didn't really see anything suitable. Hoo boy. This might be a problem.

He loaded another shot.

(Shot is 7% damage.)

(Aura at 40%)

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
One second. Razz had reached his gun by now. Zabar could see him, through unorganized geyser steam shooting into the air, beginning to reach for it.

Two seconds. He watched as his opponent quickly grabbed his weapon and tucked into a roll. He must have thought Zabar would follow him.

Three seconds. His opponent looked around quickly before spotting Zabar and ball of flame growing above his head.

Four seconds. Razzmatazz crouched and took aim at the Vacuan boy, Zabar's hand quickly raised up and the air in front of him began to shimmer.

Five seconds. The sound of a bullet being fired could be heard and in the same moment, Zabar could feel the push of the bullet against his Reversal Shield. A small smirk grew on his face.

Six seconds. The chamber in Zabar's right gauntlet cycled to ice dust as readjusted his arm to be aimed toward Razz's feet and as soon as it was positioned, the gauntlet coated the bullet in ice dust.

Seven Seconds. The crack Zabar's aura propelling the bullet back to its sender could be heard throughout the arena as it sailed through the air toward his opponents feet. Not wasting another second, he lowered his left hand to the same position and let loose the fireball, trailing behind the bullet.

"Haaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!" Was all that left Zabar's mouth as he whipped his hand through the air in an attempt to cool it off. "Goddamn, that was hot!" He gritted his teeth before quickly trying to take a deep breath. The semblance was taking a lot out of him. It had to be purely close quarters from here on out, he wasn't sure how much more he could catch with is shield. He shook his head as both of his gauntlets cycled back to kinetic.

With two bursts of dust, Zabar launched himself into the air, shooting over the hot steam of the geysers. The fireball had definitely exploded, the mass of smoke was evidence of that, he just needed to find Razz now.

(Aura: 40/100)
(Bullet: No damage + Freeze over)
(Fireball: 28% or 14% and lower splash damage)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2016, 04:00:34 AM »
Razzy was in a pickle here. He had no idea about his opponent's semblance, and didn't know what was about to happen. Though, when he heard the shot go off on the other side of the arena, he dodged almost instinctively...

By jumping into the air. The landing on the ice resulted in the pink-clad boy slipping, stumbling and planting himself on the edge of a geyser. He looked up to see the fireball heading his way just as the geyser released a burst of steam. The boy was launched up by the blast, in it for two seconds (-8%) before the explosion from the fireball (-14%) launched him forward, having him flop belly-first onto the dust crystal side of the arena. But, hey, at least he kept his sword this time!

The boy shakily stood back up, glancing momentarily at his aura gauge. Holy darn, that was a rough hit. Guess this meant that Razzy didn't hold a ranged advantage after all. Razz shook his head to get through the pain, then spotted his foe sailing through the air. He had to figure out his next move quick.

Razzy glanced down to find some loose dust crystals. They likely weren't nearly as potent as the large crystal or even his cartridges, but they were something. And so, he prepared them for his next move, while also readying his blade once more. He couldn't attack yet, but he could at least be ready for his opponent to do so. He had to be.

(Aura at 18%)

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2016, 11:12:07 PM »
'There we are.' Zabar thought as he spotted his opponent through the dissipating smoke. The boy relaxed his body, allowing himself to take a much needed breath of fresh air, as he fell down toward the ground. Almost pushing his luck, he shot out two bursts of kinetic dust near the last second to slow his descent before planting his feet back on the ground.

"I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting you to tough that one out!" He said with a wide grin. He stood just meters away from Razz now, his arms hung relaxed by his side.

"If you're ever in Vacuo be sure to let me know, I think you'd like seeing some of the old ruins, killing a Grimm or eight." Zabar lifted his arms back up, guarding his body.

"'Course, right now we got somethin' but more pressing to deal with." The boy too a deep breath as his gauntlets cycled to fire dust. "Ready whenever you are."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 03:54:58 AM »
Razzy pauses, looking slightly confused at his opponent deciding not to attack. He's all smiles again in moments, though. "That sounds awesome! Vacuo seems like a super cool place to visit!" He calls out, gripping his blade tighter.

"Yea. That was a really good shot, by the way." He adds, before giving his opponent a nod. The boy then charges his foe!

About two meters from Zabar, the pink-clad boy throws the dust crystals from his hand towards him. As they are likely not that potent, the boy goes for a slash through them, into his opponent.

(Small explosion from crystals : 10% aura damage, slash is 6%.)

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 09:33:46 AM »
Zabar watched as the crystal fly through the air toward him. It was small, but it was still explosive. He was almost certain he could tank the hit, but if he couldn't....

"Screw it." He muttered under his breath as he stood his ground and shot both hands outward and let loose a stream of hot flames, flowing directly through the explosion as it slammed into him, followed by the slash against his body. 

As both of the hits connected, he felt himself being thrown back by the explosion before landing on his back against the hard rocky ground. He handy been able to hold the flame for long, but it was long enough.

(Aura: 24/100)
(Flames: 4%)