Author Topic: New Buds [Closed]  (Read 32778 times)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
Re: New Buds [Closed]
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2017, 08:57:24 AM »
As Ismael is walking and sketching he hears Nathan talk about his choice, "Should I move them more about? Wait...oh you mean I have no weapons. No I have this on me"[/glow]. He holds up his gauntlet and deploys the knife as he continues, "If we run into anything more than a few Beowolves, yes I would be of little help, but at that point we'd have bigger problems anyway".
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:58:59 AM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2017, 02:02:52 PM »
Nathan, who was already looking at the ground to know where he was going, doubled his concentration to spot snakes before they walked too close. He also nodded at Izzy's affirmation(s) which, all in all, was a fairly good point. Plus he was armed, so if a minor gang popped up, he'd probably be able to cover for a retreat. AND there was Jadyn. So many things. He snarkastically (or was it snarcastically?) added "Besides, you have me, right?"

Speaking of Jadyn, he answered her question with "I'd hazard the perimeter first. Especially since it may vary wildly compared to streets and isn't described on the map. Oh and don't worry, we're both closer to the quiet types, to be honest."

Nathan then thought back to his first few interactions with Izzy. "...More often than not, anyway."
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2017, 12:08:02 PM »
"That would be my best guess, ma'am," Russell replied. He did find the Mr. Omhiaba thing a bit much, but he did know of the Roux family and their eloquent speech. He wanted her to be more casual as he found that the more casual he became, the more he could maybe open up. Maybe. But that would be kind of hard when you tower over your leader.

But now was not the time for all this sappy nonsense. Meeting the men and women in the barracks could be the most beneficial move Team ROSE could make. They began to approach the barracks when Russell spoke to Mauve. "Do you think will be one of your easier outings or could this be a longer battle than what we're used to?"

Russell cared for her answer, but his answer would be the same regardless: take down the Grimm and protect the village.
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »
Jadyn hesitantly nodded at everything, brow still slightly furrowed. “Alright then, if you say so.” Quieter, she muttered, “Not going to matter if this place gets smashed to bits anyway.” To be honest, she did doubt the ability of the team, but even if they surpassed her expectations, the town would still have to fall. The mission wasn’t to save the town, it was to evacuate the people, and she knew that it meant this would probably be the last time she ever saw her home.

Brushing it off and toughening up her outside appearance, narrowed eyes, rigid posture, pursed lips and all, Jadyn started off towards the limestone cliffs and shrubbery that it was home to. She didn’t know shit about strategy, but they were the closest and they might as well start there. “Come on, no time to waste.”

“To be quite honest, I’m not sure,” admitted Mauve. “The premise of it seems to be challenging, no? But I’ve seen that you never really know until it’s already started. Either way, we still must give it our all.”

Looking to change the subject, Mauve focused her gaze on the barracks they were now standing in front of. It wasn’t very large, as would be expected of a small town like Eden. Two stories, the top one was smaller and a bit offset from the center, which, in the back of her mind, Mauve gave style points for. The building was made of brick and accented with marble, such as lining the many windows that the building had. It seemed that most of the occupants were in the yard, limbering up or readying their weapons. Curiously, with the large array of them, it seemed that they were less like soldiers than people who’d had hunter training. That was good.

It was easy to tell who the leader was, judging by his uniform being the highest-looking. She doubted that they would let a small-town leader be a General of the Army, so the four stars labeling him general would place him at the top of the ladder for this particular establishment. Also, he was the one who approached them, which would be a dead giveaway too. He was an older-looking gentleman with the salt and pepper hair, but it seemed that age had not taken its toll on him, not quite yet. “You must be the students Beacon sent,” he said as he approached them. “General Arc Winston.”

Mauve stood at parade rest to address the man though did not salute, the good manners being from her father’s military background and both of her parents’ insistence on proper etiquette. “Good morning General Winston,” she greeted politely. “My name is Mauve Roux, I am the leader of Team ROSE, the team sent to assist you today.”

The general nodded, then turned to look at Reggie. Mauve assumed that Atlas at least taught their students how to address high-ranking officers, but she was a bit nervous for him nonetheless.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
Ismael said with a chuckle and a shrug, "Yeah, I do have you". Ismael looks around and starts heading out ward more as he says, "Hey, I'll be looking more outward can you finish up checking the outside of the wall.

A lone man starts to close down a small portable shop and throws all his luggage into it. As he does so he throws up his hood and sits there for a moment taking last minute inventory.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2017, 07:07:00 PM »
A Jadyn's cue, Nathan promptly followed her, keeping an eye out for snakes. Cute but potentially lethal, the things.

When Izzy added he'd be, in some aspect, splitting off, Nathan answered with "Alright, but stay within sight, okay, please? We are supposed to be in pairs." He then turned back towards his guide, keeping an ear out for a potential response from Ismael - however improbable it may be.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:32:10 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2017, 04:32:11 PM »
Russell stood by Mauve's side, hoping that the general would acknowledge him as he still donned an Atlas armband he received when he arrived at the academy. That being said, he did not speak out of turn, that way he wouldn't interfere with the two leaders conducting a strategy for this mission.

Just then, the general nodded toward him. Russell promptly stuck out his hand and said, "Sir, I am Russell Omhiaba. I am a new member of Team ROSE and former Atlas Academy huntsman-in-training, sir." To him, even saying that much felt like too much and he knew that there was a key word he missed. Either way he was ready to listen to the general's plan.
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »
Jadyn only stopped walking when she was a few feet away from the cliff's edge. "Cliffs. These are what usually keep us from too many Grimm, though down there used to be some beach land, not like the water level today." She gestured over to her right and said, "Over there's the fisherman's pass down the cliffs. It's a relatively safe path, but cramped, probably would only be wide enough for one or two people. And you have to kind of watch your step. I said relatively for a reason." The huntress then turned around to see what the boys were doing and possibly answer any questions or receive some comments about it.

The general nodded and shook Russell's hand. "Atlas, huh?" His expression was nigh-unreadable then, though internally he was wondering why Russell didn't address him by his name first, as was expected according to 'courtesy.' To be honest he didn't even care, it was just that he thought Atlas academy was some prissy prick's place, but oh. "It's a pleasure to have you both, and I thank you for the help."

"Now," he said, getting down to business. "State your business showing up at this particular area, tell me what you need and I will do my best in ensuring you get what you need to protect those of this town, hmm?"

Mauve nodded politely in response. "We came here to have an understanding of your current strategy for battling the Grimm, the position of your troops and whatnot. We also wish to speak to some of your fighters, and you as well, sir, to gather any extra information that may be helpful." She was careful to include the general in her last sentence, for fear that excluding him would be rude. Manners and all, she was always thinking about it. "A supply check would also be very nice if you don't mind, General."

"That sounds reasonable," said the general. "If you wouldn't mind waiting, I'll be right back, I need to get someone."

"Not at all, sir." replied Mauve. As soon as the man was a sufficient distance away, Mauve asked Russel "So, what do you think about him so far? Any thoughts?"
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2017, 10:32:45 PM »
Ismael slowly walked around to start looking around more thoroughly, no knowing what to find, but wondering what is to be found. Ismael started to look deeper into the forest just wanting to feed a feeling of distress he had as he felt that something is strange, his curiosity and feeling hasn't wronged him yet, why would it be now.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2017, 06:43:51 AM »
Aaaaand Izzy didn't make a peep. Of course he didn't.

Meanwhile, Jadyn more or less said "CLIFFS", then detailed the particularities of the fisherman's path. "Oooh, that's great. Not only are they super vulnerable if they try to climb, you can also try and herd a few off to be dealt with later, so to speak. Awesome. Add to that that anything trying to take the path is pretty much asking for an immediate and rather brutal death, this is pretty freaking solid.

By the way, would you happen to know when the next tide is, and whether it's high or low?
"

Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
"He seemed like he wasn't big into Atlas. Most of my former superiors weren't big on acknowledging us in the field. But I'm more interested in who is getting to help us. That determines the real plan of action."

Russell becoming more receptive of Mauve's relaxed demeanor at this time as that got him through that intimidating time right the general. He kept his eyes on the surrounding area as to preemptively plan a defensive strike.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2017, 03:20:13 AM »
Jade raised an eyebrow at Nathan as he spoke, realizing that he clearly misunderstood. "The fisherman's pass is for humans. The Aceans just climb up the face of the cliffs. They don't take the stairs." She huffed in amusement and turned back to face the ocean. "It's easier for them now that the water level's so high, they don't have to climb as much out of water. But either way I would think that the climb is where they'd be vulnerable."

"Tides? Uh..." Jadyn hesitated, somewhat embarrassed that she had no idea. "I'm really not sure... " But after a few moments of awkward silence, she remembered that there was a way to find out at least if it was high tide or low tide at the moment. She crouched down to look at where the water met the cliffs, seeing that there was a pretty thick dark area on the cliff wall above the sea. "Well according to that, the sea level can be quite a bit higher so I'd say it isn't high tide right now. Maybe not all the way to the top of that water mark down there, but close."

Mauve nodded absently rather than respond as the general was quickly returning to them. She could draw her own conclusions about him, but she wanted to assess how good Russell was with the fine details of social cues and the such. It wasn't much to go off on, really, she'd have to test him on that more some time later. He at least didn't seem as inept as Nathan and Ismael. That was good.

The man beside the general looked to be fairly young, surprisingly. Dark-skinned and dark-haired, tall enough, and face lacking any telltale wrinkles or the touch of age. A quick look at his hands and neck confirmed Mauve's thoughts, he was probably in his mid-twenties. He, like the general, was wearing a more milatary-like outfit, though his obviously showed his rank to be lower.

"This," the general said, gesturing to the man, "is my second-in-command and adopted son, Jack."

'Jack' gave Mauve a quick salute, though it seemed to be more of a friendly gesture than a military thing. "Yeah, I basically micromanage people here on a smaller scale. My father's men are currently sprinkled around the North, East, and South borders, with a few more on the East because of obvious reasons. The others are attending to the wounded and helping people onto the aircrafts to evacuate."

"We plan on keeping watch over those borders while you take care of the Acean threat, though backup might be needed from you on the East if we get something we can't handle easily enough." He smiled. "Mostly though, we were told to focus our efforts on making sure everyone gets out. The protecting part is up to you. Is there anything specific that you'd like us to do?"

Mauve turned to Russell, tilting her head questioningly. "Do you have any suggestions, Mr. Omhiaba?" It might've seemed weird to some, but Mauve liked to feel out new people, not just have them say what they were and weren't good at when some matters could simply be lack of experience or trying. She hoped that the military presence would evoke something out of Russell, or at the least make him feel like he was in his own element.

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Sorry, I absolutely forgot it was my turn.

As Ismael went deeper into the trees he heard the slow gallup of a house, and once he spotted the source of the sound he was shocked. He says sole man on a wagon lead by a horse which made Ismael worried for the mans well being. As Ismael neared he said in a calm voice, "Excuse me, why are you still here shouldn't you be gone?".

As the man hears a noise he turns and pulls out and old double barreled shotgun as he sees what is there. His black hood and scarf covering the majority of his face as his blood red eyes squint as Ismael, they soften as he moves the gun back to his passenger side as he finally spoke in a almost silent but audible voice, "I was being held up. I'll be fine. I'm strong. I have a weapon, I'll be gone soon".

Ismael looked strangely at the man as he can't make out too much of a voice pattern. The voice seems to waver from a staggering of words to a solid whistle of words. Ismael starts to look confused as he said, "Well, do you mind if I take a look in your cart?"

The man started to look at Ismael with eyes of blankness as he said, "No, I must leave. Time's short". And he starts to head off, leaving Ismael in a wake of dust and wounder as Ismael just realized he is now there by himself as the man leaves in a hurry.

Ismael then finally snaps out of an almost autopilot mode as he realise the man fully left and he didn't even know why he was leaving so later he started going back starting to worry for the man, but still not understanding his actions, or even why Ismael was attracted to the man in a way. He felt an almost magnetic feel towards him as if he knew him. But Ismael leaves it for further debate for a later time, he needs to hurry back to finish his "quick" search.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:05:05 PM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »
"Oh. Well, yeah, that makes sense.", Nathan responded as Jadyn stated the fact that Grimm didn't take the stairs. He should've thought about it, honestly.

"That's good, means the killzone'll get even bigger. As long as there's enough manpower, this side should be relatively okay to defend."

After getting up from staring at the cliff wall below, he made a brief 360 to get a read on Izzy - nowhere to be found, god dammit man - and then turned towards his elder, asking her "Anything else you have on your mind about this place? Or should we head to another location?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »
Any suggestions, Russell thought, curious to why Mauve, as leader, didn't make a plan. Russell stood puzzled, thinking as hard as he could. He wasn't used to being the strategist type, preferring to be the wall the enemy had to get pass in order to hurt his team. And the Grimm only made him think of his parents.

Wait, that is the plan. Russell addressed the three awaiting his plan, saying, "General, sir, ma'am, if I may speak honestly, I'm not the biggest on planning, but from what I can gather, we need three things: reassurance, confusion and confusion." As the three looked at him, confused by his words, Russell soon realized he need to explain what those words meant.

The people are probably scared, fearing and losing people in the panic. That's what is drawing the Grimm. I remember it happening to my village so the first step will be getting the supplies to the medics.

Confusion is the next step. If we can confuse the Grimm by either tiring them out, trapping them or using the elements to funnel them into, I don't know, quicksand or starting a sudden fire, they should run and Mauve and I can stop focus on the Acean threat while escorting the people should any of them intervene in our pathway.

In the worst case of your troops failing in the East, I'd believe it best for you and Mauve to get immediate transport there while I handle the rest here. You both are much faster and even if my shield breaks, you can trust that I won't.
"

After Russell finished, he felt light-headed. He was nervous as he want his plan was thrown together from things he's seen and he hoped that they could understand what his plan meant. It was merely a theory. "How does that sound, sir?"