Author Topic: A Stab At Team Building [Team BTRA]  (Read 14771 times)

Augustus

• Personal Text
    ...what?
    • View Profile
Re: A Stab At Team Building [Team BTRA]
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 04:49:31 PM »
In Ace's opinion, this had not been his best job. First of all, the grimm handler smelled of old cheese, which wads a manageable annoyance. Second, the ringleader talked a lot. Way too much to be a quality undergroundsman. It was a rule, always say less than necessary. A rule he did not follow. The pay wan't bad but Ace though a job of this scale should have earned a Grate more. All of these Ace could handle and would have been fine. He was getting good recordings from his pocketed scroll and knew where the rest of the evidence in this place was. It was a sured success...

Until the EMP. That was something Ace was unprepared for and for good reason. At this point, EMPs were military tech and highly traceable, making them too hard to get for their worth to criminals, even city crooks like this one. Now, Ace could do with loosing his scroll, it wasn't his first and he knew it wouldn't have been his last. He could also do with loosing all the evidence. the ringleader revealed quite a bit in his ramblings and Ace was sure he could be found again. What Ace really wasn't prepared for, was the loss of his hands. After the bomb detonated, he no longer felt the synthetic nerves in his hands as they went limp. It only annoyed Ace how much the ringleader talked before bailing, but now he had a serious problem. He had to be isolated, NOW. With the dealer distracted, Ace remembered something from a while back. One of the crooks who helped raise him, Uncle Ticks people called him, had a pacemaker and a few implants in his head. One day, a lightning bolt struck a little too close to him, and sent his systems haywire. For all intents and purposes, he had a seizer. Ace mentally thanked Uncle Ticks for the idea before setting to work on his latest lie.

First, he let his whole body go limp, falling the the floor like a sack of potatoes. He curled his body slightly, twitched every muscle he could think of rapidly and blinked like a mad man. Now the kicker was his mouth. He had found a trick where if he bit his cheek a certain way, stretched his jaw, and held his breath, he could produce a stream of small bubbles out his mouth not unlike a rabid animal. The rightfully freaked out Damien scrammed out of that trailer like a bat out of hell. As soon as he was alone, Ace caught his breath and sat up, the gravity of the situation sinking in. He was barely armed, had no scroll and basically no hands, and there was a variable war zone outside caused by his team, which he couldn't support in this state. Facing injury to his wrist nerves, his pride, and his standing with his team, Ace could only say one word in the solitude of the trailer.

"Damn"
Axus Windico ~ "LET US SHARE IN THE GLORY OF COMBAT!"
Ace N. Thaholl ~ "Just what i want you to think..."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2017, 12:19:27 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
 I am so so so so so so sorry for not posting earlier I have really no excuse, please PM me if I forget for so long like this. Even if it's because I've been busy I can at least tell you for how long and just-argh, sorry sorry sorry sorry...

Also EMPs are not that hard to get your hands on even if you're not a crime boss. Those of course are usually more short-range but this is RWBY and he is a crime boss with money and connections.

Prim noticed the other scary black-clothed dude that went into the trailer exit out probably in the hopes of escaping. THat would be the logical reasoning, who would want to stay somewhere when their whole operation was being disrupted and hopefully going to be outed. Too bad for that guy though, because Prim was so not going to let him get away. She drew a fire arrow and lit up his escape route, in the process of readying more. "Hey guys, big bad guy, probably important, probably matters a lot, probably could supply some really good information... My arrows can't hold him long, can someone go down and engage him? I mean like, combat, I don't think he needs a fiance or anything, I mean I don't see a ring but he's kinda far away and rings are pretty small and stuff also I mean who would want to be engaged to that dude... Anyway! Someone please go down there. And then maybe check on Ace, I mean the bad guys are out and he's not... I'm actually really worried. I can keep doing my thing up here."
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 12:35:58 AM »
With scrolls broken Fallow assumed he would be the only one who could hear Prim. As a result he didn't bother to give a verbal response before acting on what she had said. By the time Prim had gone from useful information to rambling about interpretations Fallow had already run to the ledge of the building and vaulted over it. In midair Fallow opened his spell-book and ran his spare hand over the page. He then closed his hand except for his index and middle finger. A gesture of drawing a line with those fingers lead to a line of dust appearing at the feet of the fleeing man. Fallow twisted his hand so that his extended fingers were facing upwards activating the spell he had laid. The fire dust went off and burst upwards into the feet of the man and propelled him up and backwards just as Fallow hit the ground.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime