Author Topic: War of Secrets [ASPN]  (Read 23327 times)

Ordelis

• View Profile
War of Secrets [ASPN]
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
Quote from: Mission Bulletin
To whom this may concern
A certain village by the name of Rahasya has come to our attention with peculiar characteristics.
The first point of interest is the speed in which it seemed to have been created seemingly overnight, most villages are created when a large group of individuals decide to leave one of the great cities away from its laws. However no one seems to know the origins of this particular village. No other village, town, or city recognizes any of its inhabitants and asking them directly seems to be met with no answers.
The second point of interest is the villages lack of traditional defenses. While most villages organically have it's inhabitant guardians protect the village and if they're lucky the natural terrain. The village of Rahasya on the other hand seem to have no fighters what so ever. In fact those who have seen the village report they do not see any weapons at all. It's only line of defense seems to be it borders the ocean on one side and a massive rock wall cliff surrounds the village on two other sides providing it only one entrance.
The third point of interest is the how this village has survived without any natural defenses. One visitor of the village has noted that it's inhabitants were extremely hospitable, kind, and welcoming. While these gestures were appreciated by the visitor, the visitor also notes this was to an almost extreme degree, almost forced. The visitor suggests the reason for the lack of Grimm attacks to be the opposite of the Grimm's natural attraction, positivity.
The fourth point of interest is whenever a team of Huntsman have visited the village the inhabitants had seemingly turned a cold shoulder to them. The village that was rumored to be extremely kind and hospitable for some reason had a massive dislike of Huntsman.

Finally the most disturbing point of all a Huntsman by the name of Regat Grane was last heard to have entered the village and hasn't been heard from since. While it may be possible Regat was an unfortunate victim of natural Grimm, suspicion turns to the village of Rahasya.

To whom this may concern our request is thus
-Whereabouts of the Huntsman Regat Grane
-Investigate the village of Rahasya

Upon accepting of this request one criteria is required to be met. Large weapons are prohibited, small easily concealable weapons are allowed but by no means should they be obviously visible. Weapon lockers may be summoned to your location but this is highly discouraged unless necessary. Remember you must conceal your identities as Huntsmen/Huntress in order to gain the trust of the village to investigate and reveal what secrets they hide( if any).
Upon accepting the mission a bullhead had picked up the team for the mission and was currently on its way to its intended target village. The pilot of the bullhead turned to the team and warned "You all on the way to that weird village? nothing wrong with that just be careful with the area  on the way, I've heard rumors of a particularly nasty bandit tribe wandering the area"
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
Re: War of Secrets [ASPN]
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
Sherwood sits into his seat in the back of the bullhead, his legs stretched out and his head is tilted back against the headrest as if he were trying to see through the ceiling. However his eyes are closed and the Huntsman in training is actually lost in thought.

ASPN had been together for awhile now and things have settled into a new normal. Sherwood is momentarily amused that missions and combat classes are now what he considers normal, but his mind wanders back to the mission at hand. It seemed to be anything but normal compared to the two dozen Grimm hunting missions on the first year board. He understood that the staff filters through the missions, bumping them back up to Huntsman tier if the mission is too challenging or gauging them for the different year students. He certainly did not doubt their estimations. But he'd be lying if he said he wasn't more apprehensive for this mission given it's strange parameters.

The bullhead shakes lightly from either turbulence or a shift of the stick. Sherwood's head bounces against the seat rest and he grimaces. He can't get used to the air travel, though it might be too early to say as he can count how many times he's ridden in bullhead on one hand. Rolling his shoulders to work out the brand new crick in his neck, he hears the pilot's warning.

"Thanks for the head's up." Sherwood replies. He brushes his hand on the sole weapon he has on his person, his hunting knife from his hunting days.
The handle shows it's age well; there's a slight crack in the pommel and the leather wrapping around the handle has frayed in places, the whole of the leather thinned and weakened. The blade, while no longer polished and sheen has been well maintained and is still as serviceable as it was almost a decade ago when he received it.

Of course, Sherwood's never used the knife for anything other than skinning and cutting meat. But something is better that nothing, with Tristram in his locker at Beacon.

"If we encounter them..." Sherwood says towards the pilot, but turns to his team. "Ah suppose we're in ah heap of trouble?" he says with a sheepish smile.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »
Though covered from head to toe in his usual attire, Persimmon felt naked without his weapons and ammo. A simple black belt replaced the strap on his rifle that normally held his cloak in place. His hood was down to appear more friendly to the people they would inevitably be forced to deal with. He still carried a weapon, of course. Concealed deep underneath all of his clothing was a silenced handgun, three magazines for which were stowed away at a different part of his body. During what time they had to prepare, Persimmon had extensively practiced drawing and loading this weapon; he had gotten the time down to seven seconds flat from fully dressed to armed and dangerous.

"There won't be trouble," Persimmon muttered in response to Sherwood's comment, "as long as you two let us do the talking." He smirked and gestured towards Argent and Noctis as he said this. It was hard to really trust anyone but himself on this mission, but it was probably for the best that he didn't openly doubt their leader.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
Argent sat unarmed in the bullhead with a relaxed posture, leaning back in his seat. He had decided to leave his weapon back at Beacon without putting much thought into the matter. Argent was only capable with large weapons, so him bringing a small weapon that he couldn't use correctly would just be worse than nothing; especially with the possibility of getting caught with it. The faunus also knew that it helped that his combat clothes were regular clothes, too. Argent turned to Persimmon, with a smile beginning to form on his face.

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean? I can be quite the charismatic faunus, I'll have you know."  Argent smirked. "And by 'let us do the talking' do you mean you'll..pop a cap in them, as it were?"

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 01:25:16 PM »
Noctis didn't mind leaving Divine back at Beacon, what he did mind was the fact that he had to buy a new holster that hides his guns at his lower back and color his hair all black per the suggestion of his sister. His ammo bag had to be shifted slightly along with wearing a longer sweater to conceal his firearms. Overall he felt fine, walking around without weapons is something he is used to doing since volunteering at a hospital prohibits the presence of any weapon regardless if you are huntsmen.

Now this whole issue with making these people trust him was possibly the easiest thing for him to do the problem is that he can be shy at times. Overhearing Percy say that he and Sher should do the talking which isn't a bad idea, but that doesn't sit well with Noctis.

"Sure, sure. I think it would be safe for me to speak with them. I'm much more social than the three of you. No offense of course." Noctis says while typing on his scroll.

Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 01:33:35 PM »
"Whoever it is you speak to out there make sure you look out for a [REDACTED], that's apparently their mark for bandit brotherhood"
"Alright this is as far as I can take you, a couple of kids leaving a bullhead is an obvious giveaway for huntsman so your gonna have to walk the rest of the way, just follow this road all the way, take a left at the fork and you should be there within the hour, alright Good Luck!"
The pilot gently landed the bullhead in an ordinary grassy plain with a well-used dirt road that looked to stretch all the way to a series of small valleys. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:24:17 PM by Ordelis »
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 01:58:22 PM »
Sherwood chuckles at Noctis's comment. "Certainly more social than me. Ah still can't figure out how ahll that social networking stuff works." Sherwood gives a nod to the pilot and steps down the ramp of the bullhead.

"Ah won't complain if any of you to do the talking." He says, shading his eyes from the sun with one hand. "Ah should feel homesick thinkin about going to a small border town, but... something about this whole mission don't sit right with me."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 02:27:09 PM »
"What does sit right with you, farm boy?" Persimmon asked jokingly. He stretched out and hopped out of the bullhead, taking in the environment and looking for possible perches before realizing he wouldn't need one.

Persimmon was wary of the idea of this village. No group of people could live in absolute peace and solitude; one bad egg would ruin it for everybody. There must be something sinister behind the scenes here. Good ol' smooth Percy was confident that he would be the one to uncover it.

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
"Thank you." Argent say to the pilot before stepping down the ramp. He cracked his back as he turned to his teammates.

"So, what do you think is off about this village? or more importantly...What do you think has happened to Regat Grane? That's why we're here, after all. Well, one of the reasons."

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »
Noctis walks down the ramp following closely to his team mates.

"We can try and ask around and by we I mean me." Noctis says. "Unless someone else wants to do it?"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:58:15 PM by MissyMidna »
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »
Sherwood smiles lightly at Persimmon's prodding. He's grown used to the faunus's jokes and teasing, considering it the baseline for a relaxed Persimmon.

"Ah can't say what could cause a graduated Huntsman to disahppear. Ah can admit Ah think if it's hostile, four students aren't going do fair any better than ah Huntsman." He says, answering Persimmon and Argent both.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »
Persimmon had kinda hoped Noctis would keep his gay ass fuckboi mouth shut for most of this mission, but it seemed that wasn't going to happen. "I'll ask around, talk to anyone who seems important. Careful what we say though. If we mention the lost huntsman by name, we'd better be damn sure it doesn't draw suspicion onto us."

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
"It'd also be suspicious if the four of us walked in and we all started asking around. Maybe we can have someone stay on the lookout for anything weird while one or two of us talk to people? We don't want anyone caught snooping around, though." Argent said to his team.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »
Noctis pulled out his scroll to pretend to use it to observe how his team was handling this whole situation. It was quite entertaing really. He smiled to himself and just continued following.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 04:01:59 PM »
"Ah like that idea Argent." Sherwood says with a smile to his teammate. "Ah'll see ahbout setting us up in ahn inn in Rahasya, and we can call that our home base. Ah'll people watch after that, see Ah notice anything."

Sherwood looks to the rest of the team. "Ah'd say two of us can handle asking ahround." He looks to his partner, pauses for a second, then shrugs. "And Ah suppose the last way to go ahbout this is doin some snooping. Followin folks, eavesdropping... That kind of thing. It's riskier, but might pay off faster."

Sherwood stretches his arms over his head, fingers cracking. "Whatever you all want to do is fine by me though. S'long as we stick to our roles."