Author Topic: Active [VCVS]  (Read 22774 times)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Re: Active [VCVS]
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 02:15:42 PM »
Juno inhaled deeply as the girl sassed him yet again, letting out an agitated sigh once she left the field. Gods, what did he do to deserve this. Glancing toward Verdant as the archer made his request, Juno spoke.
 "Sure. Fight ends when one fighter concedes, is knocked from the field, or stays down for more than three seconds. Begin when you are ready." he stated as he returned his attention to Cerise. The young man closed his eyes and took several deep breaths before approaching the girl; gods knew how quickly she exhausted his patience. If he could resolve this peacefully, then all would be well. Hopefully.

"Cerise, we need to talk." He started, taking his seat on the far end of the bench.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
He may have said it from under his breath, but Verdant had apparently forgot exactly what semblance Samuel possessed. Twitching slightly, Samuel let out a long breath, before focusing his visible eye on his teammate. "Not cool, bro." He stated simply, dropping his right sword to the ground with a clank, leaving it hanging on the chain of the other. Raising his hand up, he clicked his fingers together before grasping the air, catching the sound in his hand. He hadn't shown Verdant this particular trick before, so hopefully it should teach him not to trash-talk him right after all the fiascoes that had occurred in the past few weeks. To be honest, the teen was a little bit on edge right now, and now the one guy who didn't normally flame him was. He hadn't said anything purposefully harmful to anyone! Well, maybe except Juno, but come on need that coffee.

Standing still, his right hand began to shake slightly as his aura trickled downwards from the buildup, turning slightly to hide it behind the held blade. He waited for Verdant to make the first move, not taking his sight off the archer. "If you're so anxious to finish already, you can start it, then."
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 07:42:16 PM »
Verdant saw Samual make that ball of aura and then try to hide it, behind his back, with Verdant's semblance he could see Samual make it clear as day.

He decided o go on the defense and drew a concussive arrow to knock Samual out of the area they were fighting.  He notched the arrow and fired it right at Samuel's feet and ran before he saw if it even knocked Samual out and then while running Verdant drew an ice arrow firing it ahead of him to create some sort of cover for himself. Verdant dove behind the cover and yelled out.

"I wanst trying to diss you please don't use that ball thing on me," Verdant said nervously.
Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 10:03:48 PM »
Cursing quietly to himself as Verdant notched an arrow, Samuel flicked his left hand, the chain from the bottom of the held sword quickly pulling the other one into the path of the arrow. The blast pushing him away, he skidded backwards before gaining purchase on the floor below him again, blinking as a sudden wall of ice formed.

As Verdant's hurried request carried over the makeshift defense, Samuel gave a lazy grin. "Ah, well, y'see I kind of have to fire it after I've started it up, or else it kind of goes boom on me instead. Happy to charge it a little more, though!" He shouted his reply, his hand starting to quiver slightly from the soundwaves bouncing.

'Maybe I should be somewhat careful where I aim this. Holding it for a bit longer than usual.' The faunus mused, before thinking again over how his day had gone so far. Chains slowly uncoiling from his arms and raising up behind his back, he shrugged to himself.

'Nah.'

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 11:51:19 PM »
Cerise made herself comfy-well, as comfy as you could be without back support-and watched as the fight unfolded, taking note of Samuel's semblance. She couldn't quite tell what it was yet, but it apparently enabled him to hear things from far away. Super hearing didn't seem to be linked in any way to the not-so-little ball behind his back though. One that would apparently go 'boom' after charged.

Focusing her attention instead on Juno, Cerise tilted her head ever so slightly in his direction to show she was paying attention. "Then talk. Preferably before your archer friend gets smited. It looks pretty grisly, I'd hate to see what atrocious things that could do to an individual not under the protection of aura."
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 07:15:47 PM »
"Eh, Verdant will be fine. He's been through worse, I think." Juno started, glancing up at the fight before returning his focus to the girl. "What I'd much rather talk about is you. I can't run a team if I don't know everyone on it, and much less if someone hates me." He joked, taking a moment to look the girl over before letting out a resigned sigh.

"Look, we got off on the wrong foot. I haven't been in the right state of mind since Caja was... forced to retire. But that doesn't excuse how I treated you. I'm sorry."

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 11:50:17 PM »
As Verdant waited for Samual's attack, he thought to himself that definitely didn't want to get near Samual's ball of death thing. So he drew a concussive arrow to try to knock energy ball thing out of Samual's hand. Verdant notched the concussive arrow and drew back on the bow. He quickly peeked out of cover to get a shot to fire at Samual's hand and fired the arrow.

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 04:48:06 PM »
Samuel heard the drawing of the arrow before anything else. Knowing what would come next, he pulled his arm back in preparation, Ashen Howl fully unwrapping and the bottom two chains jabbing into the ground with loud clunks. Now anchored, the fox faunus waited for a moment before starting to throw his arm forward as the arrow flew forwards, one of the upper chains moving to knock it out of the way.

However, he wasn't expecting the concussive blast that emitted from it, knocking off his own aim. As he lost his grasp of the attack, a sound like booming thunder echoed around the room, a shimmering of the air flying forwards to the left of Verdant and smashing through the ice wall where it connected - but missing the target himself.

It then continued onwards to thump into the wall of the room itself, leaving a large series of cracks criss-crossing around the impact site.

Using the chains to pull him back up to his feet from where he'd been pushed over from the arrow and his own attack, Samuel blinked a few times at the furrowing of the ground and the wall. "Uh... whoops?" He sheepishly stated. Deciding the best action was to ignore it and the possible consequences as best as possible, he ran forwards at the hole in the icy barrier that had been made, metal rungs forming an impromptu shield in front of him.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »
Cerise listened patiently as Juno seemed to be trying to make amends with everything. That was a nice sentiment, it seemed he wasn't a huge asshole all of the time. "Huh. You're not a huge asshole all of the time then." That was the wrong thing to say. "I mean, thank you. And... apologies to you for how refractory I've been. I can be pretty difficult to get along with too, and unlike you, it seems to be a 24/7 kind of thing. You might have to deal with that for a while."

Draining moment of socialization and... nice-ness over, Cerise focused again on the spar Verdant and Samuel were having. "I'm going to skip the cliche let's start over part where we say hi to each other again as if we've both been hit by a terribly specific bout of amnesia where nothing we said before matters though it most obviously does and go right to the part where I inform you that your teammates are causing property damage. When the lot of you inevitably end up on the wrong side of the law, as many students here probably do at one point, don't expect me to join." Realizing that it might've come off as rude or something of the sort, Cerise continued, "Oh look, there's that refractory-ness again. How will you deal..." This was why keeping her mouth shut was usually the best thing to do.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »
"We can get used to it. Or you'll eventually warm up to the rest of us. Sam used to sit in the corner, thinking about his life with emo rock blasting into his ears, and look at him now." Juno commented, cringing as, almost as if on cue, Sam's projectile slammed into the wall. A misfire like that was a complete rookie mistake, and they had all been fighting for years before Beacon. "Sam, try to avoid something like that in the future. Verdant's close range game is weak, just close the gap and wail on him."

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »
Verdant drew an ice arrow from his quiver but then responded to Juno's advice to Samuel. "Dude, are you trying to get me to lose?" Verdant aimed the arrow at Samuel's impromptu shield to make it hard for Samuel to do other moves. This was an awful idea because it turned Samuel's shield into a battering ram that he used to smash through Verdant's cover and knock him out of the fighting area.

Verdant was disappointed that he lost but was glad that he didn't have to fight in close quarters anymore. "Oh no, what a shame that I lost, well training's over." Verdant tired to walk for the door.

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 02:58:18 AM »
Nearly snapping at Juno's advice, Samuel had just gone with the charge-and-see-what-happens strategy. He had nothing wrong with Verdant, but god if he wasn't a little annoyed at this stage. Giving an awkward smile at the downed archer, the teen patted his teammate on the back. "Sorry, dude. Not one for cheapshots but I'm not exactly a long-range fighter, I was gonna have to close in sooner or later."

He then turned to face Juno, with a look that could only be described as a cross between a half-hearted glare and a completely blank look. Their team leader hadn't exactly been quiet, and it wouldn't have helped even if he had been. "On the other hand, you are a colossal ass. I have four extra limbs, and that's still not enough middle fingers to express my current sentiments. Can I go get coffee now or at least can I spar again. Give me something here to work with, Juno." Samuel deadpanned, wincing as a few pieces of rubble fell from the damaged wall.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:01:18 AM by Glow »

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2017, 03:47:55 AM »
Cerise leaned back on her arm and watched in amusement as the fight came to an end. Though the amusedment wasn't really for that, but more for how Samuel and Verdant were reacting to Juno's asshole side rearing up. "Guess i'm not the only one with social shortcomings eh? Or is it just kindness shortcomings?" She kep her face completely straight, only raising her eyebrow half-accusingly. "Dick move... whatever your last name is." She raised a hand to sarcastically pat him on the shoulder, but thought better of it. Didn't want to poke the bear too much.

"So are we done here yet?" she asked. "Verdant's running away," she waved at said teammate, "and Samuel wants to get coffee. If ya do, be a good person and bring me b-mmph, no, I already had way too much this morning." With a sigh, Cerise resigned herself to instead pulling out her water bottle and taking a few sips from that instead.

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2017, 11:45:30 AM »
Welp. This was a shitty idea. That much made itself apparent with every passing minute. Verdant lost. Of course he lost, that was the point. He had next to no capability in close combat, as evidenced by the 2v2 match against the Mistrali team, and was forced into that range anyway. But Sam? Yeah, dude had a point. Juno woke them up at 5 in the morning, and so far, just had them beat up on each other. At the very least, they needed a break.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Juno stood up and took to the mat. "Take twenty. All of you. Do whatever you need to do, but I expect to see you back here in time." He stated before looking over to the archer. "Verdant, once you get back, we're going to spar. You need to work on your close combat."

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »
Verdant was nearly to the exit when heard that he had to be back in twenty minutes, his heart sank, he knew that he could take Juno in a fight, but a fight in close quarters that would suck.
"Okay I'll go back to the dorm I'll be back in time, for our training" Verdant said flatly. Verdant was about to walk out the door then he stopped and turned around to face Cerise,
"Hey, didn't you to drop your luggage off at our dorm I can show you the way if you want?"
Verdant said in a happy tone. Verdant had wanted to talk to her to learn more about here and now seemed as a good a time as any.