Author Topic: Draíochta Anam  (Read 7596 times)

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
Draíochta Anam
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:47:49 AM »
Draíochta Anam

Etymology: Draíochta (Dray-ok-tah) is a term that describes a user of magic among the groups of mages, druids, and tricksters. Anam is similarly spiritual, representing the soul, the mind, and the emotions of love, passion, and courage, all of which are associated with red, hence it's own association with it. Additionally, Draíochta is associated with the number 66 while Anam is, quite literally, the number 6, resulting in 666, or the number of the Beast of Revelation. Draíochta also goes by Anima, following his brief visit to Vacuo in his 20s, though it was just a cool sounding misreading of his last name.

Species and Gender: Male Goat Faunus

Symbol:  Draíochta has revised his emblem a massive number of times over his life, but the longest and most recent one was created when he was 25 years old. This version is, simply put, a red alchemical rune on a black background.

Occupation: Huntsman, Former (And Hopefully Future) Substitute Teacher, and Former Aura Researcher

Appearance: Draíochta stands at 6'7" tall and weighs just over 220 pounds. Because of his height, that weight doesn't actually make him very bulky, and his pale skin makes him look permanently unhealthy. He isn't, though, and he makes an effort to groom himself. His short black hair and matching ebony eyes contrast the sheen of his well kempt skin. He also has spiral ram horns, which have purple runes permanently engraved into them in cyclical patterns.

Draíochta rarely wears anything besides a black and crimson pinstripe suit over black dress shirt and slacks, but sometimes his duties require something a little more combat ready. When he goes into battle with foreknowledge, Draíochta wears his original huntsman outfit, although the edges have been getting worn out since he only repairs it from battle damage and tears. That outfit consists of a cloth hood, a chainmail vest with a black t-shirt over it, a set of black cargo pants bearing massive amounts of dust, and- depending on his needs- a bulky red trenchcoat.

History: Draíochta originally grew up outside the walls, being raised by his huntsman father. His mother was killed while he was a child, though his father neglected to tell him what specifically did her in. Once he hit the age of 10, dear old dad saw fit to start training him, and he had the funniest way of doing it too.

He awakened Draíochta's Aura, gave him his weapon- a single edged sword with a gun built into the blade- and bodily threw him against a tree. He moved slower than normal, and was unarmed, but his superior training and conditioning still made it a one sided fight.

The training only escalated from there, though his father never gave him anything truly impossible to do. When he turned 17, he finally learned what all of that was for, since he was sent to Haven.

Turns out, the Training School for Haven was less than accepting of Faunus, and neither he nor his father would have been allowed there. With the new headmaster, Eliana, in place, though? Haven was far more willing to bring him in, and the training was meant to replace the lack of prior schooling.

While Draíochta would surely brag about his time at Haven, he was hardly a model student. He fought with the teachers, knew practically nothing about the world due to his isolated upbringing, and was generally a nuisance. This was true for most things, anyway. In combat class, he excelled, though not the way many others did. He didn't aim for knockouts or draining his opponents Aura- he would aim for some other win condition. A disarm here, a pin there, and- on occasion- a surrender while his foot dangled over his unfortunate opponents crotch.

This eventually gained the ire of the headmistress herself, who agreed with the teachers to send him elsewhere. Where, though? Atlas- of course. While Beacon and Shade were both considered, Atlas was where he would be 'disciplined properly', as they put it.

And that he was. The headmaster before Amarant was even less patient with his antics, and with the fresh memory of the Faunus War still resting on the man's mind, he disciplined Draíochta personally. With his 'guidance', Draíochta did actually grow both as a person and a fighter, and learned both marksmanship and a police martial art based on subduing your opponent. This is also around the time Draíochta unlocked his semblance, and began experimenting with fire for... Well, not particularly destructive, since most of the academy was fireproof, but certainly disruptive ways.

A bit too much smoke, if you get my drift.

Graduation eventually came and Draíochta was given two options- return to Mistral or join the Atlesian military. He thought to do the former, or perhaps visit some new continent, but was eventually convinced to join the military when they described how freely he could destroy the Grimmlands.

He did, certainly, but his attendance was cut short after only two years when he'd done all he could. With no real reason to keep him around, and his still unkempt manner being unfit for the actual military, Draíochta left Atlas to Vacuo. Here, he had a brief stay at Shade where- after a training period- he was a substitute for their combat teacher. That didn't pay enough, however, and he also began doing actual Huntsman work out in the desert protecting railroad builders and caravans.

Eventually, Draíochta left, having grown sick of the barren landscape. Much like Atlas, there wasn't enough plantlife to actually call it home, and so he roamed to Vale. Here, he met with the headmaster of Beacon, along with the new headmaster of the Atlesian Military Academy- Amarant Lovis.

Amarant was originally interested in bringing Draíochta back into the military, but conceded it quite readily. Instead, he offered a position at the Academy- much like he had at Shade, but with the longer training period, there were more teachers and- by extension- more who needed a substitute on occasion.

This was initially declined, but when it was made clear he was unneeded in Beacon, he agreed to return to Atlas. This job paid well, and he was able to get his last weapon too. Years passed, with the occasional trip to new places- like the growing Menagerie- until eventually he yearned for the forests he grew up in a child. After a ferry to Vytal, Draíochta began a trek across Vale, with the eventual goal of reaching Mistral.

He didn't make it all the way, as he was eventually caught up in the events of Lenshin and brought into the city of Vale.

Semblance: Draíochta can empower flames. This is strongest in melee, where the term 'white hot' is an actual descriptor, but he can also spread or strengthen flames from a distance. This ability can also be used defensively, however, as it makes things with his Aura infused in them immune to fire as well.

On top of preventing him and his clothing from being burned by the flames, it counteracts the heat as well.

Aura: Draíochta has had his Aura unlocked for the entirety of his adult life and has picked up a thing or two over the years- the strength boosting and sixth sense effects specifically. While he doesn't rely on them all too often, it's useful to have them.

Weapon: His most recent weapon, a rifle that used a combination of Dust canisters and Aura infusion to fire powerful sprays like a napalm launcher, was destroyed a few years back and Draíochta hasn't seen fit to get it replaced. He might get a new weapon at some point later, but for now, he simply carries around enough Dust to use it as a weapon directly.

Combat Behaviour: Draíochta primarily fights with the goal of subduing an opponent- against humans, at any rate. Aura makes defeating someone rather difficult, and since many of his opponents will have more combat focused abilities and tools, winning by other means was often required. Taking out the opponents Aura is pointless if they are prone and disarmed, or just unconscious.

Against Grimm, his tactics are noticeably more destructive. Using the Dust he carries around, he obliterates the Grimm en mass with great explosions. Additionally, though he relies primarily on fire dust for obvious reasons, he knows how to mix them together for far more volatile reactions.

Added to that, most people, and even some Grimm, are cautious about attacking something that's on fire. This is a serious edge in melee combat, but it's less useful against those who have a decently long weapon or rely on ranged combat.

Lacking a weapon, however, Draíochta is massively limited in terms of ranged fighting ability. While he can spray Dust everywhere, this is a massive hazard- both in towns and in the wild. It was most useful in Atlas, where the frigid cold minimized the lasting damage from his outdoor uses of flames, but it makes his more devastating attacks all but useless in most situations. Additionally, since he doesn't have a weapon, any attacks he can't dodge are fully taken on his Aura, limiting his defensive options- especially against multiple opponents, as it takes time to knock someone out, even if you have them pinned.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:22:17 PM by Trevor Delihara »
"When life gives you lemons, make a time machine." ~Draco Murdock

Characters:
Draíochta Anam - https://rwbyfanon.com/index.php?topic=1516.0

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Draíochta Anam
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:20:26 AM »
Welcome to the site you seem to have found everything well enough. I'll go over this profile later with a proper review but just to give you something to work on in the meantime I'll point out so of the more obvious issues.
  • Firstly we don't have any canon characters on the site, which is why we don't really have a lore page, so no Miss Goodwitch or Ozpin or Fall of Beacon. There are many characters which fill similar roles, headmasters and what not so if you still want links to such characters I can find them for you.
  • Secondly we have never seen semblances which are simply highly tuned aura skills allowed accessed to also never seen aura skills. I would suggest a more personalised ability or at least a linking thread.
  • You seem to have forgotten the Combat Behaviour section.

Now a larger issue is that teaching roles are usually only given to those who have earnt a degree of trust here because of the in-universe power those characters have. I'm not saying that Mr. Anam won't be approved simply we will have to be stricter on him than a simple first year. Regardless you've clearly put a bit of thought into the character so I'm sure we will be able to work something out.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Janus Rogo

• Global Moderator
  • Been Around

• Senior Staff

• Personal Text
    Corporal Moneybags to you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
Get on our Discord, as well. Makes contact and discussion about your character considerably easier.

https://discord.gg/sKZQXw

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:56 AM »
OK, a bit late that I was planning but oh well now it's proper review time.

I have two issues with the appearance. The most pressing is to do with the 'dust infused horns.' Not only does the site have issues surrounding infusing of dust in general, I'll quote the ruling below, but this is a pretty severe case. Horns have pain receptors as well as requiring blood flow which makes the extensive modification required to put significant amounts of dust in problematic. There is also the issue of putting explosive materials inside your body and therefore, at least arguably inside your aura. The second point is regarding 'a set of black cargo pants bearing massive amounts of dust' a little more detail in how exactly the dust is carried would be nice.

Infusion: Infusion is the archaic and highly dangerous system of utilizing Dust in combat. One can infuse Dust with their clothing, or even directly to their skin in order to gain the benefits of it. This is a wildly dangerous and painful practice that, while not outlawed, is very rarely practiced. The advent of technology has allowed for safer applications of Dust in combat while maintaining the same firepower, or in many cases increasing it. As such, the benefits of infusion do not outweigh the disadvantages. Infused dust is known to spontaneously combust if hit without aura shielding, inflicting significant damage or death to the person wearing it. Infusion also does not grant abilities/attacks that technology cannot already create.

So on to the history. Killing a Boarbatusk at 10 without any training is silly. Wiess struggles to defeat a Boarbatusk in a controlled environment and she is 17, a main character and has been training for ages. A character becoming a substitute teacher without any previous training is silly. There are still references to Ozpin and Amarant isn't a general. I would also personally appreciate if you didn't decide what my characters did. If you would like them to appear in your backstory I'm more than happy to oblige but would prefer to have some say in the matter.

Semblance is fine but you seem to have removed the aura section. Also, your semblance can be turned off so there is no reason he couldn't be kept warm by fire. Not that a highly advanced society like Atlas would need fires to keep warm and he could just wear a couple of layers of clothes.

Weapon or lack of weapon I suppose only has one issue and it's no longer relevant. This 'Aura infusion to fire powerful beams' doesn't seem to be a thing in the show.

As for combat behaviour we expect between two to three impactful weaknesses here but other than that the section has shaped up nicely.

We are also going to say no to any non-humourous world records simply on a balance level. Also simply looking at Draíochta's kit he isn't even that well suited for mass combat aside from throwing dust and things which everyone can do.

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 06:05:01 AM »
The horns themselves would have pain receptors, yeah, but this would be comparable to getting a tattoo or- because of the specific target- getting virtually any dental work done. The practical end of things is lacking, but it served a purpose at the point in his history when he got them, and it would be just as painful to get rid of as to get them. Dust has also been described as being controlled by Aura- Weiss herself brings this up with how Mytenaster is used. As for the pants, you are aware of what cargo pants are, right? They're normally tan pants that have six different pockets- the two usual ones and two pouches on each leg- to the side. The four pouches would be used to carry Dust crystals or canisters, based entirely on whatever he could get his hands on.

The power scaling of RWBY characters has always been choppy. Excluding Jaune, who has been shown to be next to useless basically all the time, most characters have been powerful or weak based entirely on the needs of the plot. Coco was able to literally plow through giant Nevermore instantly and basically end the Breach by herself, but she also couldn't take down a Paladin- a griphon- or the very same kind of Nevermore later. A Boarbatusk is basically the easiest Grimm I could think to slay, given that- if it can't do it's rolling charge attack- it's basically just a boar. We subjugated boars pretty easily back in time, and if we had Aura- which would make Draíochta effectively invulnerable until he took substantial damage- I don't see why shanking a boar a few times would give almost any human any trouble.

Not all semblances can be turned off, such as Qrow's, and while Draíochta has a little more control over his, there are some permanent effects- specifically how flames flatly don't do anything to him.

Aura section!? People keep bringing up sections that flatly weren't in the template. Update your site, man. I don't even know what that would even mean.

The infusion with Aura was described in Myternaster. You're using it to augment and empower the dust involved, making it more powerful for the given payload.

Hm... He has some weaknesses, inherent to his style of combat, but I see your point. I'll write them up.

Just because everyone can do it, doesn't mean everyone will do it. You try finding someone out there who would antagonize several groups of lions and have them chase him. Being more than willing to take risks and/or waste time is the main prevention from many of the more bizarre world records from actually coming down.

Characters:

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 06:42:18 AM »
It's not comparable to a tattoo if you want there to be enough dust to do anything. And yes Weiss does say you can trigger dust with your aura but that isn't the only way it is triggered shown repeatedly throughout the show. I understand what cargo pants are just needed to make sure Draíochta is stupid enough to have high explosives just in his pockets unprotected.

Although I agree RWBY has power scaling issues the examples with Coco don't show that, being able to defeat one threat does not mean you can beat others when there is no link between them. It isn't the same nevermore. Regardless of fighting any sort of Grimm without any training isn't going to be allowed so even if a Boarbatusk is the weakest Grimm, it isn't, it doesn't matter. The paper-thin aura Draíochta would have from again having no training would not be enough to protect him and he would die.

Semblances are said to be either passive or active, we haven't seen one which is both.

The aura section is in the template, it's called aura and semblance.

Your closing point is a non-sequitur as using dust, unlike pissing off lions, is a completely reasonable thing to do which doesn't even have more risks than hitting Grimm with a pointy stick. Unless you are Draíochta I guess and just carry the stuff without any protection.

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 07:15:28 AM »
Cinder's clothing was shown to be dust infused, and it was thin enough to be mostly transparent outside the dust elements. I even specified that the better comparison would be dental work- like the idiots who think pounding gold into their teeth is a good idea. As for the high explosives, so long as it's not in granule form, Dust has been shown to be largely inert. Torchwick tossed a crystal from a Bullhead, and it just landed- didn't even crack. He had to shoot it for any real results. Since they are within his Aura, the main reason for them to blow up- explosions- are almost entirely null and void.

Coco shot through a giant Nevermore with a single bullet- split the thing in half- and she didn't even noticeably damage anything with her gun during the entirety of Volume 3. Additionally, if Jaune has an above average Aura the moment it's unlocked, quantity is clearly not solely reliant upon training. He wouldn't even need much- since he'd just need to resist it's struggling as the already stunned creature fights his pin and stabbing.

Doesn't mean it can't exist. Not a whole lot of options were explored, but the limitations of semblances are practically non-existent within RWBY.

It scrolls down... Ah... That is 110% my bad- I apologize for my anger earlier.

Using the dust wasn't the point- he did, and he created a big explosion- sure- but it was the grouping of multiple Beowulf packs that made it possible. I can remove the record, if it's really that important, but I don't see where you're coming from here.

Characters:

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 07:48:50 AM »
RWBY is pretty inconsistent on a lot of things, as their goal is to create a good story rather than a super consistent world. Unfortunately we dont get off that easy as we have to find a balance between these things so that it works, is fair and fun for everyone to participate.

You're more than welcome to have a 10 year old meet a grimm alone, you will just need to edit the profile into a eulogy. Kids killing grimm comes up in a lot of the characters we look at for reviews and we shut it down whenever it does. I think in general people are forgetting that grimm are supposed to be incredibly dangerous predators, we're just used to watching some of the best fighters in the world take them on. So I'm sorry but that is one thing that just won't work.

Also want to quickly emphasize something King said before, if you are going to have any other peoples characters feature in the backstory you need to run it by them.

That's all, best of luck!

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »
Anding on to what Vision said

Yes and think about how much surface area there is in a dress, even one as short as Cinder's and compare that to a goat's horn. Also, Cinder's dress isn't 'mostly transparent'. Gold isn't reactive and even if crystals are less reactive than the dust form they are still high explosives, yes as we saw when Roman threw a crystal at Ruby's feet and shot it. Like dynamite doesn't explode from being dropped, neither do most high explosives but they are still explosive. Aura isn't up 100% of the time, that's how Adam was able to kill Sienna so easily which means if enough static builds up in Draíochta's hair his head just explodes. Funny but silly.

Yes, I to am surprised that a character is successful in one fight and not in another, how completely unrealistic. Yes, Jaune, another main character, has a large aura straight after having it unlocked by Pyhrra, the strongest main character, and even she comments on how powerful it is. That is not the norm, it is literally impossible for the show to tell you any more clearly that is not the norm. And how is Boarbatusk stunned? Draíochta is ten at the time so he weighs what? 40kgs? Have you seen a proper boar? Let alone one literally spawned out of pools of darkness for the pure reason of ending all life. Like this is a pretty small boar and it still takes two fully grown men to wrestle it down.

'Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean it can't exist' isn't a very good foundation to build a character on. There is very little in the way of rules for semblances sure but we can match what we have seen in the show and treat them as rules until we get something better.

Because it's silly to assume that doing what a five-year-old with a couple mines and a loudspeaker could do would land you a world record in a universe with such destructive semblances as RWBY has.

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 12:12:12 PM »
How else would you suggest a trial by fire? It's not like actual fire would be all that effective, even pre-semblance, given how Aura works. And hell- Jaune beat an Ursa- repeatedly stunning it with sword swings that hit freaking bone despite the fact that the strikes were uncoordinated, he had the conditioning just above that of an ordinary citizen, and the damn thing- based on its height- has to weight over a literal ton.

Dynamite is intentionally designed from Nitroglycerin in such a way as not to explode until it experiences a sudden spike in temperature of pressure. If you dropped Nitroglycerin, it would explode. This is the basis upon which almost all bombs have been designed since the first Chinese fireworks. The writing for Aura is also incredibly inconsistent- being described as both passive and active on different occasions- but seeing as they retcon a lot of things, the later interpretation of it being passive would be more likely to be the truth.

With two replies- it's difficult to order all the information- but I should note that I'm not saying he has Jaune levels of Aura, or even anything above average. Thing is, we see more comparable people take plenty of massive hits to their Aura and be just fine. Bridge pillars breaking to a simple punch to a prototype Paladin? By that scaling, every single person who was hit by a Paladin in the defense of Beacon should be effectively invulnerable to most Grimm, and we have no reason to believe that every single student there had vastly superior Aura.

I mean, I agree with everything you said here, but that's not quite what my argument is either. It's closer to 'just because the combination of two very real elements hasn't been shown doesn't mean it can't exist.' I'll still change it, though, since the passive element was mostly just a cool idea I got from an ability in a story I read called Stoke The Forge.

I said I was willing to remove it if asked- please stop insulting the idea, though. In a world where creatures of Pure Evil exist, pretty much everybody would just kill them on sight or avoid them entirely. Most records, regardless of type, would be dictated by what you could happen upon in the world naturally.

Characters:

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »
Sparring with the father would make far more sense as a 'trial by fire.' And Jaune doesn't beat the Ursa alone and he has been trained and he is 17, it's not comparable.

Regardless of any treatment dynamite is still explosive, you would hardly call it 'largely inert' just because it needs a trigger? Yes as mentioned before RWBY has an issue with consistency but we as a site need to have consistency to operate so on occasion we do make rulings. Also, I'm pretty sure Sienna's death comes after any reference to aura shielding being passive so if your line of thinking is that they have retconned it I would like to know when it's shown in the show.

Yes, the hunters-in-training at Beacon have pretty extensive auras, Draíochta does not. I genuinely don't understand how to make this any clearer, you are putting your OC at ten with no training at the same level as people almost twice his age with massive amounts of training. It's silly, really really silly.

I fail to see how using dust is natural but semblances aren't but whatever if you are going to drop something stop defending it.

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »
A trial by fire is supposed to have a seriously risk to the individual- I don't see Draíochta being murdered by his father in this situation, or even seriously injured. Jaune also does kill one Ursa entirely by himself- swinging his sword wildly- and it doesn't even fight back.

Would you call water inert when simply shocking it with electricity can turn it into both of the material requirements for an explosion and- with the electricity- it also has the heat? That's an incredibly simple trigger mechanism that has to naturally occur in the oceans all the time- but we don't treat water as an explosive. And if you'd like to be consistent, which is it? This is something that would have to be permanently settled among the admins.

I believe I just explained that Aura size isn't entirely reliant on training. Besides- practically anyone can stab a pig if it can't properly resist. I don't see how that's putting him on the same level as any of the genuinely trained members of the cast. At 10, he would still certainly lose to even weaponless Ruby.

Characters:

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 10:49:55 PM »
If Draíochta's father wouldn't seriously injure his son in a spar then why would he purposely put him in a situation where he could be seriously injured? That doesn't make any sense, not causing harm by your own hand and causing it directly because of your actions are the same thing. Again the comparison with Jaune doesn't make any sense, by this stage he has been training and he is almost twice Draíochta's age and he is the main character and Pyhrra just gives him the win with her powers. Therefore using Jaune as an example is really, really, really silly.

Your water comparison doesn't work, it isn't the water that is dangerous(as an aside neither does it actually explode), it is the electricity that is dangerous and the water is the medium in which it moves. Just like how lighting traveling through the air doesn't make air explosive you very very silly person. Aura is activated because that is what the show shows most recently.

Yes, aura size isn't completely reliant on training that isn't the issue here, the issue is lack of training is simply one of many factors making an untrained ten-year-old killing a creature of pure destruction silly. If the pig can't resist, and why can't it? Then it isn't a trial by fire then, is it?

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 11:51:12 PM »
Maming your own child by hand and putting them in a dangerous situation feel intrinsically different, even if they are objectively just as cruel in context. Go back and watch the Breach. Jaune just randomly swung his sword over and over again- no input from anyone else- and stunlocked a fucking 2-ton Ursa to death.

Water, when exposed to electricity, transforms into hydrogen and oxygen gas, which with the heat caused by the lightning itself, can explode. Air doesn't explode, generally, because oxygen and nitrogen- what most of the atmosphere is made out of- aren't explosive either together or individually.

Does nobody read clarifying statements? If you read the history- he was thrown directly into the Boarbatusk, recovered faster, and jumped it before stabbing it several times. It could resist, but not properly which I specified in my earlier comment.

Characters:

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 12:18:36 AM »
Then don't have the fight go to maiming. Don't even have to have the father using weapons. Oh, I thought you were talking about the fight in Forever Fall part 2, the one where Jaune is considerably less trained. Regardless of the shows inability to properly convey it, Jaune has been training for most of the school year at that time alongside the best educators Vale has to offer and the best in his year had taken a special interest in him. This is not comparable to Draíochta in any way shape or form.

And that means water isn't explosive when it's water. A dust crystal, however, is still explosive when in crystal form simply less explosive.

And do you have a basic understanding of physics? Newtons third law 'for every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction.' This means that Draíochta takes just as much damage as the Boarbatusk and considering one is a creature of pure destruction and the other is just a kid who do you think recovers first. And even if the Boarbatusk is sleeping or whatever Draíochta still has nowhere near the strength to 'pin the beast'