Author Topic: An extra set of features[closed]  (Read 3027 times)

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
An extra set of features[closed]
« on: April 06, 2019, 07:29:45 PM »
After arriving back at Beacon, Akel wasn't pleased with her defeat in the first round of the tourney, she thought that the use of her gloves would be good as they were simple, although fighting Ayaka had proved that she needed to take extra measures against fighters with a longer range than herself.

Akel had the simple modifications already laid out, rails to fit to gloves, dust plugs, some thin tubing for the dust and a large cylinder of what could be described as large silver buttons, all containing a small purple glow at the centre.

Despite needing to work on range, she wanted to start with her gloves, making a new version of her sword/scythe would take some time. Mainly because she needed the parts ordered from Mistral, while they were just notes and she could go without them, she wanted to honour the wishes of whoever had made the first blade for her.

"I'm not going to lose next time, I'll show Ayaka." she mumbled to herself as she tied her hair up into a fishtail, ready to start on her new project.
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: An extra set of features[closed]
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 03:20:09 PM »
Clara was quietly humming to herself as she made her way to the Academy workshop with her latest haul of dust.  She had quite the variety with her today, two brief cases filled with various, multi-colored vials of powder.  She wasn't quite sure what she would do with them, yet, but she's sure inspiration will hit her eventually. 

As she entered the workshop, she saw another girl already there working on her own project.  From what she could tell, it looked like the other girl was working on a pair of gauntlets, though the thing that caught Clara's eye in particular was the purple glow on the cylinder.  Curious, she walked to the station next to her and began to set up her own equipment.

"Whatcha workin' on?" she asked, trying to start a conversation.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:41:37 PM »
"Working on a new set of gloves, my fight with Ayaka taught me I need to use all of the tools at my disposal. I've been against using too much dust but I'm comfortable with this, it doesn't change anything and opens up some new avenues to attack." Akel stated as she looked at the pieces, she knew what she wanted to do but it was going to be a bit difficult since she had kept the design so simple.

Akel turned around as she had her fishtail hairstyle done, her golden slitted eye as she looked at the new girl.

"My name is Akeldama Blood-Heart, what's your name?" Akel asked as she looked the girl up and down.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »
"Too much dust?!" Clara shouts incredulously, slamming her hands on the table and leaning in close to Akel.  "You can never have too much dust!  It's Mankind's greatest weapon against the Grimm!  It's what powers our airships, our cities, our toasters!"  By this point, Clara is stomping around the room, hands high above her head, as she continues ranting about the benefits dust, only remembering where she is and who she's with when she makes a full circuit and sees Akel's face once again.

"Eheh, sorry, I tend to go off on tirades occasionally," she apologizes sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.  "I'm Clara, by the way.  Clara Meridiem.  It's a pleasure to meet you!" she says, reaching her hand out.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »
"A pleasure to meet you too, your enthusiasm is noted, rather abstract to bring it to toasters I must say but I won't hold any judgement about you and your love of toast." Akel stated, shaking Clara's hand while holding a smile, her other hand reaching to the right earpiece of her headset and adjusting the volume slightly.

"I'm assuming that you are rather skilled with dust, would you want to help me with upgrading my gear? It'll certainly be faster with two of us, more ideas could prove beneficial and I'll be sure to return the favour should you request anything." Akel stated, motioning to the large cylinder of silver buttons with glowing centres and the parts to create the new pair of gauntlets.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 05:00:02 PM »
"Well, it's true," Clara responds to the comment on toasters.  She tilts her head as Akel adjusts her headset, but says nothing of it.  She's admittedly curious about it, but the interest is mostly passing in nature.

"Oh, I pretty much grew up around it.  I mean, I pretty much only use dust in combat anyways," she says.  "I'd be happy to help!  What are you planning on adding?  I'm personally more inclined to making things explode, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea," she continues, examining the various and asundry parts laid out in front of the other girl.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 05:49:46 AM »
"Well I just need more options in combat, I'm going for basic use so it should go along with how I fight, which generally consists of rapid punches so a smaller effect would be good, enough that it'll hurt the enemy and won't require me to pause my attack. At least when I'm not using my sword." Akel explained, picking up the gloves and thinking about were to start before grabbing some of the thin tubing and a small scalpel to cut the top layer of the glove, inserting the tube where her pointing knuckle would be.

"I'm all up for ideas if you have any, just throw them out there and I'll think about them." Akel stated, turning to her new weapon buddy as she made another incision and inserted another tube for another finger, which wouldn't of been strange if for the fact that her eyes never even glanced at her gloves for even a nanosecond.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »
"Hmm," Clara taps her chin for a moment as she thinks, before letting a torrent of stream-of-consciousness thought loose upon the world.  "Well, the first thing I think of is adding fire and lightning dust.  If nothing else it'll add a bit more oomph to each individual punch, and it'll keep things from trying to grab you.  Then you could probably add kinetic or wind dust if you want to knock your opponents around, or even yourself if you want.  Then there's ice dust, which is generally useful, but, from my experience, it takes a little bit longer for it to take effect, so it might not be quite up your alley.  Maybe as a defensive measure?  No, earth dust would probably be better for that.  Ooh!  That actually might be an idea!  You could use earth dust to beef up your gauntlets to make them pseudo-shields, while at the same time giving your punches more power due to the weight!  It'll slow down your attacks, so it might be a bit situational, but that's what dust is for!  Ah!  You'll probably need some form of ranged attack, too.  Do you have any way to project the dust?  It'll open up your options a lot--"

Clara's rambling has sent her off to her own little world, completely oblivious to the world around her.  It's impressive how much she can talk about dust, and for each dust type she brings up, she takes out a relevant vial from her own belongings and sets it out on the workbench, quickly cluttering up the space. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 04:40:00 AM »
"uhhh... okay, Clara. I think utilising the fire and lightning dust would be the best option for me. I'll stay away from the rest for now... hmm, actually, would it be possible to use gravity dust to give a lingering effect of increased gravity?" Akel wondered, posing the question to the dust crazed student as she looked at all the other vials on the table.

"Any other unique ideas for dust that you can think of? Maybe someway to give dust a delay, I think I could use the delay to give myself some space and also use more dust for more damage."

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 07:42:18 PM »
"Eh?" she stops her rambling for a moment as she processes what Akel said.  Only fire and lightning?  "Only those?  I suppose they're the easiest to use, but that seems so limiting," she says honestly.  "It's your decision in the end, though."

She takes a moment to ponder Akel's question on gravity dust.  In short, yes, its possible.  Clara's mind immediately drifts to the pack of cards in her pocket.  There was definitely one person who used dust like that.  That being said...

"There is a way, but if you want a continuous effect, you have to have a way to apply the dust over the entire duration," she begins, the cadence of her voice slowing down as she works through technical details, "The easiest way to do that would be with an appropriate semblance, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't have that kind of luck.  In that case, you'd need a device to meter out the dust to make sure it doesn't all activate in one go, and then you'd need to get it to your target.  A bullet's probably too small, you'd at least need something like a taser.    A mine could work, but that would imply you had time to set it up before hand, which isn't necessarily something you could rely on in the field.  Maybe something like a grenade could work?  If you give it a bit of adhesive so it sticks, you wouldn't have to worry about it kicking it away."

"As far as delays, the most obvious solutions would be mines and grenades, which should be pretty easy to implement in theory," she pauses here, hand on her chin as she goes deep into thought, muttering to herself in technical jargon. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 05:54:11 AM »
"Well I don't know about grenades but I have these." Akel said, taking one of the small tags and placing it on the table "These are designed to bring two or more together but can also be used to bring two apart, my father uses these for disarming opponents and pulling them out of their preferred combat area. Bring a close combat fighter out of their sword range, a gunslinger into punching range, that type of deal. Do you think you could modify them to release a downward force?" Akel explained, looking at the cylinder before getting an idea for a later project.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
Clara picks up the device Akel puts on the table and examines it, twirling it around in her hands as she inspects it.  "This definitely meets most of the conditions," she says, running through a mental checklist in her head, "The trick would be to have the dust pull your target down.  Easiest way to do that would be to have another one of these to place on the ground underneath it and have them pull towards each other.  You'd have to make sure the ground one doesn't move, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be very effective."

"That being said, setting up two of these would be a bit inconvenient," she pauses for a moment to think, tapping her chin as she tries to work her way through the problem.  Finally, she asks, "Do you have another one of these on you? I might have an idea."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 03:40:57 AM »
Akel raised an eyebrow at Clara and tapped the large cylinder with many of the Gravity Tags on it "You mean like these?" Akel asked, before smiling and sliding the cylinder over to Clara "What do you have planned?" the bat faunus questioned, curious as to what her fellow student had in mind.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 10:00:15 PM »
"Ah-" Clara starts as she picks up another tag, examining it along with the previous tag in her other hand.  "Well, this isn't the most elegant solution, but," she pauses to place one tag on top of the other, before picking them up and mock-placing the combination on her chest, "If you combine two of them, you can attach it like so, and then--" she lets one of the two fall to the ground while keeping the other one held in place with her hand, "--have it setup so the bottom half detaches and falls to the ground automatically.  That way, if they pull on each other, you'll get the desired effect of pulling them towards the ground."

She bends down to pick up the dropped tag and hands them back to Akel.  "Like I said, that's kind of a jury-rigged solution, but I can help you build a working prototype within the hour, and I'm sure using two of those things will yield a stronger force than just one.  If nothing else, you can use it as a proof-of-concept," she says encouragingly.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400