Author Topic: ACTIVE GRIM THREAT: SEARCH AND RESCUE! [Closed]  (Read 12597 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: ACTIVE GRIM THREAT: SEARCH AND RESCUE! [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 01:42:33 AM »
Fallow simply rolled his eyes as reports came in of Ashlee getting herself stuck into a fight. He knew he was still a ways off but begun flipping through the pages of his book as he ran. "Ashlee. Get clear if you can. If not hit the dirt when I call out. I have a plan."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 12:43:43 AM »
Lucas watched the first few seconds of Ashlee's fight with a scrutinizing eye, ready to jump into the fray if the need arose.  Fortunately, despite Ashlee's proclaimed inexperience, she seemed to handle herself well; although she couldn't avoid the initial assault, she managed to turn the situation around and defeat the first five of the Grimm, causing the creatures to disappear into black mist.  That being said, Lucas did have a few criticisms, mostly revolving around the taunting.  Grimm can't understand you, you know? the Hermit thought to himself as he shifted his attention back to the surroundings, trusting Ashlee to be able to deal with the other Beowolves without putting herself in dire straits.

Speaking of those remaining Grimm, they continue charging at the lone girl.  Their snarls and growls could almost be misconstrued as laughter at her taunts as they clambered over each other to get their claws on her.  Fortunately, while their mindlessness serves to remove any sense of fear or danger, it also keeps them from properly coordinating, and only three of the Grimm manage to get in range to actually strike.  However, that doesn't stop the remaining seven from trying to surround the young huntress-in-training and cut off her escape.  And that's not the only worry Ashlee should have.

Out of the woods stomps out another black-furred monster, this one larger, thicker, and stockier than the Beowolves before it.  As the Ursa steps out into the clearing, it rears back onto its hind legs and swivels its head to survey the area.  Spying the carnage of the other Grimm nearby, it lets out a snort before falling back down into a lumbering dash towards Ashlee, it's footfalls and grunts alerting anyone paying attention to its presence.

It's at this time that Arcano's voice comes on over Lucas's scroll.  Having spied the faunus approaching the clearing, Lucas did his best to keep track of Arcano, Ashlee, and any other developments in the battle, a feat that was admittedly straining his powers of perception.  Lucas considered Arcano's proposal, but only for a very brief moment.  "You've got the wrong idea, Arcano," he said into his scroll.  From across the clearing, a nearby bush rustled.  "I know you're worried about the civilians, but you need to remember one thing."  Lucas flipped a switch on Sophist's Lantern, causing it to begin to change forms.  "You're part of a team, and that means not leaving your teammates behind, even if they look like they've got everything under control.  That's because..." his voice trails off as he takes aim with the newly formed sniper rifle.  The dust container spins as he locks in kinetic dust, feeding it into the rounds.  "...the world likes to throw surprises at us.  And in this line of work, surprises can be deadly."

As if on cue, two black and white circles come roaring out of the bushes racing straight for Ashlee as she fends off the Beowolf onslaught.  Fortunately for her, Lucas had his eye on them, and fired a dust-enhanced bullet into the side of one, causing it to careen out of control and drive straight into its counterpart.  As a result, both Grimm end up stumbling over each other, and the two end up crashing into a tree instead of their intended targets.  Now that they're no longer spinning, the true form of the Grimm is revealed:  Boarbatusks!

Unfortunately, although Lucas successfully stopped the surprise attack, the armor of the Boarbatusks prevents him from getting a killing blow, and he's not in a good position to finish them off.  So instead, he quickly moves to another nearby location in order to hide once again, so the Grimm won't turn their attention towards him.  Arcano, on the other hand, would be in a prime position to take them out from his spot in the treetops, especially considering he took the effort to hide in their shadows.

As he moved, he heard Fallow's voice.  "What's your plan, I might be able to help," he said, moving his semblance lantern over the group of Beowolves trying to surround Ashlee, the ghostly green light cascading over all of their forms.  It would disappear from Fallow's view, of course, but he was close enough now that he could easily find the battlefield, if not by instinct than by the sounds of snarling and gunfire.

Battle Log:
Beowolves: 10/15 remaining
3 attacking, 7 trying to surround Ashlee
3 Claw attacks aimed at Ashlee (5% damage each)

NEWCOMERS
Ursa
Charging towards Ashlee

Boarbatusks: 2/2 remaining
Two Spin Attacks at Ashlee  Thwarted by Lucas, currently stunned next to a tree

Lucas's combat log: ShowHide

Aura: 100%
Semblance: 96%

Sophist's Lantern
Ammo: 4/5 (One shot at Boarbatusks)
Fire: 100
Ice: 100
Lightning: 100
Wind: 90
Earth: 100
Kinetic: 85 (5% used in shot at Boarbatusk)
Gravity: 100
Smoke Cannisters: 3/3
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:45:19 AM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

ShadowPower

• Personal Text
    Hewwo, just a normal dweeb being an Otaku. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
Ashlee would whiz past and see that Arcano just saved her from 2 boars. She was briefly stopped on her gaze and then attacked again by a beowolf, in doing so Ashlee's aura has reduced to 57%, Ashlee's aura would show that it's decreased because it would kinda statify itself before stabilizing. "Great, now what's next. A horde of beowolves?" As Ashlee said under her breath. As if right on cue an Ursa comes out, at first it surveys it's surrounding before charging towards Ashlee. Ashlee would have to time this move just right, just as the Ursa gets any closer to her she shoots a bullet at the Ursa's body flinging herself back.

As Ashlee is falling back she realizes that Arcano might be using an aoe spell, but she doesn't know how effective it might be so she ends up shooting her sniper behind her, flinging back into the Ursa. She hits the Ursa's stomach as it goes up to slash at her and then using her weight she shoots a bullet directly into it's stomach before shooting a bullet at the ground flinging herself into the air. As she's in the air 3 beowolves launch themselves in the air. Ashlee realizes "It was a trap all along! NO!!!" As the beowolves are reaching her height about a few feet above the trees she puts her legs up in the air and shoots a bullet into one of their faces placing a clone in the air as she shoots above herself to make gravity pull her down faster. The beowolves end up hitting the clone and she's falling down. As she's about to touch the ground she shoots 3 bullets to slow down gravity so her legs don't break. Ashlee would say on her scroll "I think the grimm are advancing. I'm pretty sure grimm don't know how to work together.." She'd mute her microphone and as the two grimm try to strike her from the air Ashlee shoots 5 bullets missing 2 of them but the other 3 hitting each of the grimm.

"I'll round up the remaining grimm." Ashlee would load the remaining bullets left in her sniper with gravity dust making her move really fast, and every time she shoots a bullet she begins to move fast, she keeps landing on trees, so she decides to bounce off of them. If you were looking at her from an aerial view, it'd look like she's a soccer ball zipping around the grimm in a circle causing the wind to push each of them towards the center of the battlefield. Ashlee would yell "Almost out of ammo! Would love that spell right about now!

Battle Logs:
Beowolves: 3 attacked out of 10
Ursa: Attacked by Ashlee
Boarbatusks 2/2 remaining (untouched)

Aura57%
Ammo: 0
Fire: 100%
Ice: 95%
Lightning: 100%
Wind: 85%
Gravity 35%
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:40:35 AM by ShadowPower »
Ashlee Sanders "Come on, you can do it!" (cocks gun)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 09:51:21 AM »
Arcano would have liked to gainsaid Lucas but lacked not only the assertiveness but also the eloquence he needed to prove his point. The last thing he wanted was to get the team in unnecessary danger that they could not make it out of, but for him, it made more sense to send one ahead, one of which would not necessarily attract the attention of any more Grimm on the way.
He did not have time to think about a possible argument anyway, as the two Boarbatusks tore from the bushes and snapped him out of his thoughts. The bullets stunned the Grimm conveniently, but it was not enough to actually kill them. They were pretty much under him, and the temporal paralysis gave him the perfect opportunity to land a finishing blow.

Since he was stuck here until the danger is overcome, he can as well make himself useful for a change. He released his grip from the tree and let himself drop from above onto the two boarbatusks. Both of his gauntlets' front blades were extended to their full capacity and aimed straight for the spot of black fur between the armor plates of the boar. The plan was to swiftly kill the first on landing and then jump imminently to the other one to repeat the process. If this simple yet effective plan works out, he would then approach the Grimm in case Ashlee had to be quickly pulled out of there and glanced briefly over his shoulder to see if Fallow was nearby.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:49:27 AM by DEXES »
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 11:01:30 AM »
As Fallow reached the edge of the clearing he already had his spell ready. "Alright. Hit the dirt!" Fallow didn't wait to see if Ashlee complied before he cast his spell, creating 100 frozen blades of ice above his head in a wide arc. he then tilted a raised hand forward and those blades flew forward into the battlefield ripping through whatever got in the way or shattering upon it. Fallow had aimed his spell at an angle where anyone flat against the ground would probably be ok but anyone else would be caught in the line of fire.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 01:06:05 AM »
Lucas, once he finishes relocating to a new safe spot, scans the battleground to observe how his team is doing.  Ashlee seems to be having a rough time of it, the onslaught of Grimm continuing to find their mark.  Should he try to make an escape route for her?  Could he do it even if he wanted to?  Ice dust could work, but it would take quite a bit of ammo, and it would probably strain his dust supply.  However, after a fairly impressive display of acrobatics, she seems to have escaped the attempted encirclement.  In fact, with the speed boost from her weapon, it looks more like Ashlee was encircling the Grimm, even managing to take down three of them on her own.

Across the way, Arcano would find no trouble taking out the stunned boarbatusks, their armor not nearly enough to defend them while their sitting ducks.  Before the stars even clear from their vision, the boar Grimm are already fading to ash as the faunus makes quick work of them.

Lastly, but certainly not least, Fallow's shout of warning drags Lucas's attention to where the young boy is coming from, his eyes just in time to catch the flurry of ice blades come racing towards the battlefield, reducing whatever Grimm they came across into a fine black mist.  Even the Ursa, which had a buffer of seven other monsters, couldn't stand against the onslaught of Fallow's spell, and the 100 blades easily tear down the remaining Grimm in the area.

Taking a quick scan of the area to assure that the coast was indeed clear, Lucas hops out of his hiding position and approaches the center of the clearing.  "Regroup!  Status report!" he commanded, giving Fallow an opportunity to catch up with the rest of the team.  "How are you on ammo, dust, aura, etc.?" he clarified for the 1st years' sakes, "Do any of you need refills?  I have powdered dust I can share, but nothing more than that."

Battle Log:
Encounter complete!
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

ShadowPower

• Personal Text
    Hewwo, just a normal dweeb being an Otaku. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 04:02:13 PM »
Ashlee during the blades were falling down would spin her scythe really fast breaking the icicles flying towards her at an alarming rate. She'd spin her scythe until her arms get tired and deploy an ice clone bouncing off it exploding it into icicles that destroy the ones coming towards Ashlee.

"All good!" Ashlee would say on her scroll before disappearing into the trees. "I do need to reload my gun though." Ashlee would take a cartridge out her pack and then replace the one refilling all her ammo. She'd then see Lucas come out his hiding position safe and sound and because she was simple happy she wanted to surprise him. She'd smile whispering to herself "I'm gonna sneak attack him.." Ashlee would smile devilishly (:<

Ashlee would tiptoe through the woods to the back of Lucas still staying hidden and would shoot her scythe behind her hugging Lucas tickling him "Tickle attack!"
Ashlee Sanders "Come on, you can do it!" (cocks gun)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 11:44:24 AM »
"I'm good too" replied Arcano as he follows behind Ashlee to Lucas. He had packed more than enough dust spools, those things rune out like hell, after all, and he hadn't had the need to use them so far anyway. With a look into the distance, he started to shift uncomfortably on his legs. He wasn't necessarily an impatient person, he just wanted to make sure those woodworkers were okay and not knowing for sure made his stomach sink. No, it was too soon to start panicking now. He has to focus!

He swallowed and spoke up again, "Can you ask Jet if he sees like- another group of Grimm in our- uh- immediate path?" he asks Lucas, pressing his index fingers together and avoiding eye contact. Arcano could just as good ask for it himself, their all got Jet's contact, right? And the huntsmen should know better not to warn the group if he sees anything, so the question was even more needless. Realizing this, he tries to quickly brush it off, "Like, you know- Uhm- Time and- uh- I mean- uh.."  Emphasis on tries. Jep, he's really bad at this.

He never finished his sentence, instead, he just turns to the nearest tree and puts his head against its trunk, his back facing the group, hoping he could just turn invisible then and there. Well, he could, but he knows better than to waste a shot of his semblance now.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2020, 03:09:00 AM »
"just one spell. plenty more to go." Fallow replied to Lucas's call for a status update as he ran towards the group. As he arrived as he was facing Lucas he could see Ashlee behind him and a grin crossed his face as she leaped at the boy.